Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:24:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Some IEOs could also turn out to be scam  (Read 13096 times)
pelumi20 (OP)

Activity: 712
Merit: 15

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 03:42:46 PM

As an investor, i cannot participate in IEO conducted by small and new exchanges. The main reason why IEOs are preferred to ICOs is because they are more prone to scam than ICOs, and this is because the exchange validates its legality with their reputation. Imagine Binance or any top exchange conducting a scam project, it will jeopardize their integrity, and these exchanges do not want their integrity in question, so they only offer legit and promising projects IEO. New exchanges do not have the reputation to validate a project, they are just after the profit, SO they might promote a scam project either intentionally or unintentionally.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
qomariah95

Activity: 1190
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 04:06:28 PM

Only the IEO has a good project and is done on a good exchange, which is also able to make investments in the IEO to benefit. So don't ever expect that all IEOs will make you profit. It must be remembered that not all IEOs can make you profit.

Yudhisthir

Activity: 1038
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 04:19:25 PM

Many smaller and less know exchanges started to follow the big ones as they saw the success of IEOs on popular exchange. And ICO issuers were too looking for some exchange to list their ICO as IEO in cheap price. Unlike the large exchanges which takes some degree of precaution and testing on listing any coins, such smaller exchange would list anything that provides them money. So, you can't just believe and jump in any IEO to make profit.
SMART VALOR
Copper Member

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2019, 04:23:24 PM

ICO was the original fundraising fad, and now it's securities/STOs. IEOs won't be popular at all because of companies like SMART VALOR taking regulation amongst other things seriously instead of trying to cut corners like many did with ICOs which gave them a bad name.
Kucink

Activity: 264
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 04:30:01 PM

scam IEO, i never seen that before but if that yes it means the exchange who lauched that IEO is take a bad reputation.
all i have knows is IEO is fail not hit a softcap or hardcap, that mean it is not scam just failed.
i still believe that IEO is better than ICO because it is safe for investors.

HASHBON ROCKET
CDEX-CROSS-CHAIN DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE PLATFORM

TOKENS FOR BITCOINTALK USERS FOR SIGNATURES! ANN TREAD ! WHITEPAPER ! LITEPAPER !
rizkyhiw
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 04:36:56 PM

Indeed, for exchange reputation to be taken into account before determining the right IEO, it is indeed better to avoid new exchanges quickly to take part in the progress of the IEO itself because they really take advantage of the project and from all investors involved, a large possible exchange trusted because they are risking their good name for the success of the project being carried out, returning to each other's desires if it makes you worry about not getting too involved in this because all of them return to each analysis in determining the project well.
ahmia39

Activity: 1400
Merit: 251

Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 04:41:27 PM

That's right, I strongly agree that if you don't want to participate in the IEO program which is made in small exchanges and new exchanges because the exchange is only pursuing profit rather than considering the project, this is what investors anticipate because the IEO in small exchanges is not good .

GabbieBoy12

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 05:03:51 PM

Yes it can turn into a scam also so this era of cryptocurrency this is not a matter of fact if the project of3 ico or ieo but the matter is about the project and that is the most important thing if we invest,so i only prefer good projects like Dencoin tokens that offerings ico but this project is good enough to bring us profits.
spadormie

Activity: 840
Merit: 268

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 05:09:17 PM

You're absolutely right about them on does not have any care on people if the IEO could scam them. If they have a reputation to build and protect, they will never just put IEO on the line on their stake. Or if you are a wise investor you should be able to research about the IEO to be launched on that exchange.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████▀▀▀▀███▄
███████▀     ████
███████   ███████
█████        ████
███████   ███████
▀██████   ██████▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
██    ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀  ██
██   █▀   ▀█   ██
██   █▄   ▄█   ██
██    ▀▀▀▀▀    ██
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
█▄▄      ████████▄
 █████▄▄████████▌
▀██████████████▌
  █████████████
  ▀██████████▀
   ▄▄██████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

██  ██
  ███████████▄
    ██      ▀█
    ██▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
    ██▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
    ██      ▄█
  ███████████▀
    ██  ██

▄
       ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀      ▄
      ▀█▀  ▀   ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀
███▄▄▄        ▀█▀  ▀     ▄▄▄███       ▐█▄    ▄█▌   ▐█▌   █▄    ▐█▌   ████████   █████▄     ██    ▄█████▄▄   ▐█████▌
████████▄▄           ▄▄████████       ▐███▄▄███▌   ▐█▌   ███▄  ▐█▌      ██      █▌  ▀██    ██   ▄██▀   ▀▀   ▐█
███████████▄       ▄███████████       ▐█▌▀██▀▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██▀██▄▐█▌      ██      █▌   ▐█▌   ██   ██          ▐█████▌
 ████████████     ████████████        ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██  ▀███▌      ██      █▌  ▄██    ██   ▀██▄   ▄▄   ▐█
  ████████████   ████████████         ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██    ▀█▌      ██      █████▀     ██    ▀█████▀▀   ▐█████▌
   ▀███████████ ███████████▀
     ▀███████████████████▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
FIND OUT MORE AT MINTDICE.COM
kindbtc

Activity: 1008
Merit: 12

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 05:33:08 PM

Yes you are right basically all online investments are risky and we should know the risk profile before investing in a project because whether it is an ieo, ico or sto it is a new startup or a new business so it can fail and we have no control over it so we should have this in mind.

Swaap | Nova Bank
----------------------------------------------
[ GET | ACCEPT | EXCHANGE | WALLETS ]
anobtc

Activity: 1176
Merit: 12

Vietnamese Translator™ https://goo.gl/7inMji

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2019, 05:37:44 PM

Right. The safest way is to choose a large and reputable exchanges, as they also contribute significantly to ensuring the quality of the project. They will also ensure the best profit for you.

Finding a local Moderator and Translator?
View My Portfolio and feel free to contact me if you need! 😉
maldini

Activity: 952
Merit: 308

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 06:03:57 PM

Indeed, for exchange reputation to be taken into account before determining the right IEO, it is indeed better to avoid new exchanges quickly to take part in the progress of the IEO itself because they really take advantage of the project and from all investors involved, a large possible exchange trusted because they are risking their good name for the success of the project being carried out, returning to each other's desires if it makes you worry about not getting too involved in this because all of them return to each analysis in determining the project well.

Yes the OP statement is correct too, considering exchanges before following the IEO is very important for the security of our investment. Now useless scammers have begun to make sense to deceive investors again after the IEO made them fail.

New exchanges are indeed more vulnerable to scammers, although not all new exchanges are suspect, but considering is not a problem. Like the new exchange that was recently launched, namely nauticus, I saw this exchange was quite reliable even though it was new because it was seen from a very strong partner.
Mianae

Activity: 798
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 06:05:30 PM

It's highly unlikely foe an IEO to turn out as a scam because the exchange won't risk their reputation to hold a scam IEO. I'm not saying it isn't possible but it's highly unlikely.
josephdd1

Activity: 1358
Merit: 513

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 06:13:58 PM

It's highly unlikely foe an IEO to turn out as a scam because the exchange won't risk their reputation to hold a scam IEO. I'm not saying it isn't possible but it's highly unlikely.

really? have you seen the reputation of some of the exchanges that are out there? They are scammy themselves! Take yobit for example, any IEO that they conduct is surely going to be a shit one. Even if it has immediate buyers.
Adriano2010

Activity: 1414
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2019, 06:46:57 PM

Some IEOs will turn into a scam because not all exchanges where IEOs are hold then investors will lose money and no one will give them back and will happen like on ICOs.
Chicky213
Copper Member

Activity: 476
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 06:51:33 PM

I disagree with you on this, low volume exchanges and some upcoming exchanges can hold and IEO and the project will struggle to raise funds. This will affect tjr progress of the of the project. I won't call it scam though if they won't return funds to investors.
Kezacky

Activity: 743
Merit: 10

https://www.epsiloan.xyz

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 06:53:56 PM

yes, surely anything can be scams. good examples can also turn out to be evil and being safe is not necessarily guaranteed. we are in the global market so before investing in the IEO or ICO we must always be vigilant and be sure to do research first.

CLywaTeLb

Activity: 770
Merit: 101

send and receive money instantly, no hidden costs

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 07:06:11 PM

really? have you seen the reputation of some of the exchanges that are out there? They are scammy themselves! Take yobit for example, any IEO that they conduct is surely going to be a shit one. Even if it has immediate buyers.
I agree. In addition, large exchanges, such as Binance, are only responsible at the initial stage of the project’s existence on the market. Scammers understand this and can use it. As a result, IEO will become another type of crowdfunding, which has been killed by fraud.

rachman mahesa

Activity: 966
Merit: 111

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 07:08:26 PM

yes, surely anything can be scams. good examples can also turn out to be evil and being safe is not necessarily guaranteed. we are in the global market so before investing in the IEO or ICO we must always be vigilant and be sure to do research first.
I really agree with what you say. Everything can happen in investment, it can be ICO or IEO investment. So all investments have the risk. So the most important thing is to be careful before investing. Because no one is responsible for fraud.
dataispower

Activity: 1330
Merit: 289

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 08:04:14 PM

I think only newbies in this space will buy IEO from some new exchange or exchange with low reputation. Most will even pretend to be selling out fast, but behind the scene, it's the other way round. This will lure investors to buy in when trading starts. Let's be guided on the IEO we participate on.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: