Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 06:16:18 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't test the Depth of water with Both Feets  (Read 797 times)
bitc0000

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 07, 2019, 11:03:35 PM

There is nothing more to add as you said is the truth. We should learn not to be carried away by our love for a coin that we will put all funds into it. The best investment is always to spread the funds across potential coins so as to stand a better chance of reaping a good profit when the time is right.

lovesybitz

Activity: 868
Merit: 289

View Profile
June 07, 2019, 11:14:35 PM

Every effort in this life involves risk.  This risks are classified into two main categories, low risk and high risk!
To invest in a coin or any other project has more than just to think of  buying and selling on exchanges
Every coin is a potential coin to expand if only It has the support of community and investors.
So I urge us all to invest with our instincts, never for once may we judge a swimmer by him standing only at the banks of a river. So take a risk,  make a session and may it work for you.

My only advice is we should not test the depth of water with both feets or better said, never put all your eggs in one basket...  All simply means we should not invest all or possession in one business, do not enter a single trade with all your assets

We have our own choice, particularly if We talk about investment or buying coins in bitcoin and crypto it is our will to to take risk our capital.
Besides, this maybe the reason why there are lot of exchange platform that has been arise now in this business industry so that We have a lot of options to choose in. And the best reference is the coinmarketcap for seeking the top exchange.
pixie85

Activity: 2170
Merit: 528

View Profile
June 07, 2019, 11:20:07 PM

Sometimes it's better not to invest at all than differentiate. This was told to people who were buying many different physical goods like gold silver and real estate because all of them had value but different way of handling and some could be sold easier than other.

This should not be a rule in crypto where some projects are worthless.
martychubbs

Activity: 742
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 08, 2019, 12:58:33 PM

Yes indeed! There are too many things that can go wrong when you rush into things. It's far more fruitful to relyon common sense when taking risk.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
          ▄▄████████████▄▄
       ▄████████████████████▄
     ▄██████████████▀█████████▄
   ▄███████████████   ██████████▄
  ▐█████████████████   ██████████▌
 ▐█████████████████▀    ██████████▌
 ███████████████▀        ██████████
▐████████████▀     ▄███   █████████▌
████████████    ▄████▀██▄███████████
██████████▀██▄████▀    █████████████
█████████   ███▀     ▄██████████████
▐█████████        ▄████████████████▌
 ██████████    ▄███████████████████
 ▐██████████   ███████████████████▌
  ▐██████████   █████████████████▌
   ▀██████████▄█████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████████████▀
       ▀████████████████████▀
          ▀▀████████████▀▀
              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
    ██
   ████
  ██▌███
 ▐██▌███▌
 ███ ██▀▌
 ▀██ █▄██
 █▄█ ███▀
 ▀██ ██▄█
 █▄█ ███▌
  ██▌███
  ▐█▌██
   ▐█▌
    █
    █
     ▀

░░██████
░░██████
░░██████

░░░░░░░░░░░██████
░░░░░░░░░░░██████
░░░░░░░░░░░██████

██████
██████
██████

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████

▄▄██████▄▄
       ▐██▀    ▀██▌
       ██        ██
       ██        ██
       ██        ██
      ██████████████
      █████  ███████     ██ 
  ██  █  ████████  █ ██   
      ███████  █████    ██   
      ██████████████

▄██▄
▀██▀         ▄██▄
             ▀██▀

▄██▄
       ▀██▀

▄██▄
  ▄██▄     ▀██▀
  ▀██▀

▄▄█▄▄   ▄
█▄        ████████▀▄
███      █████████▀
▐███▄    ████████▌
▄▄█████▄▄▄███████▌
  ▀█████████████
  ▄▄██████████▀
    ▄████████▀
▀▀████████▀
    ▀▀▀

▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄
   ▐█▄████████████▄█▌
  ▐██████████████████▌
  █████▀▀▀████▀▀▀█████
 █████     ██     █████
▐██████▄▄▄████▄▄▄██████▌
 ████▄▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄████
  ▀▀████        ████▀▀
      ▀▀        ▀▀

█▀▀▄▄▄█▄
         █    ▀█▀
       ▄▄█▄▄
▄██▄▄████████▄▄██▄
█████▀▀████▀▀█████
 ███▄  ▄██▄  ▄███
  ▀████▀██▀████▀
    ▀███▄▄███▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██ ██ ██ ██

██ ██ ██

██ ██

██ ██

Homepage

██ ██

██ ██

██ ██ ██

██ ██ ██ ██

White Paper
normanz
Copper Member

Activity: 327
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2019, 01:36:18 PM

Yes, as much as possible avoid putting all eggs in one basket because if the project fails then all assets will also disappear, crypto is very risky and it is better to divide investment in several places.

HASHBON ROCKET
CDEX-CROSS-CHAIN DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE PLATFORM
ljane

Activity: 467
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 08, 2019, 04:16:01 PM

Only a newbie will test the test the depth of water with both feet. You need not to invest all your money or the amount you need in cryptocurrency. Invest what you can afford, study the market then when things get better, you can invest more if you want to. Its all about tactics.

I’m me
sangjoewara

Activity: 1050

View Profile
June 08, 2019, 04:36:36 PM

Yes, as much as possible avoid putting all eggs in one basket because if the project fails then all assets will also disappear, crypto is very risky and it is better to divide investment in several places.

Choosing many places to invest is a good step, provided we have a strong reference before doing so, and it would be very wrong if we just put the egg in one basket, because there are still many other choices.
@baoli

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1

Base.protocol

View Profile
June 08, 2019, 06:40:03 PM

Risk is relative to individuals. What scares you might scare another person..you may ask the gamblers. Yes risk can make us so much money and also mar us in this crypto space. Do what you can and stay safe 

Base Protocol (https://baseprotocol.org): One Token to Hold Them ALL | [url=https://baseprotocol.
bttmember

Activity: 938
Merit: 13

AMEPAY

View Profile
June 08, 2019, 07:09:40 PM

Yes you are right and people need to understand that diversification is a good thing and it provides many benefits like balanced portfolio, lower risk and more chances to profit.

Olatunjex

Activity: 1064
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 08, 2019, 08:11:55 PM

Every effort in this life involves risk.  This risks are classified into two main categories, low risk and high risk!
To invest in a coin or any other project has more than just to think of  buying and selling on exchanges
Every coin is a potential coin to expand if only It has the support of community and investors.
So I urge us all to invest with our instincts, never for once may we judge a swimmer by him standing only at the banks of a river. So take a risk,  make a session and may it work for you.

My only advice is we should not test the depth of water with both feets or better said, never put all your eggs in one basket...  All simply means we should not invest all or possession in one business, do not enter a single trade with all your assets
Yeah, life itself is a risk but that doesn't mean we should take uncalculated risk, i have seen some investor that have seen reg flag about some project, still they will go ahead to invest, that is absolute stupidity, when we take risk it must be calculated risk not stupidity some people call risk.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●      T W I T T E R      ●      T E L E G R A M      ●      M E D I U M      ●
Uju4real
Copper Member

Activity: 349
Merit: 0

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP

View Profile
June 08, 2019, 09:46:31 PM

If I understand correctly you are saying we shouldn't put all our investment or hope in only a particular altcoin, well I have always believed in the diversification and it has helped me to not put all eggs in one basket

██████████████  CARTESI 📱 LINUX INFRASTRUCTURE FOR SCALABLE DAPPS  ██████████████
█▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇█
spydee1522

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 08, 2019, 09:49:28 PM

Well said. Testing the depth of water with both feet is dangerous and can take you to your grave soon. Why not try different ventures with one at a time. Investing all your hard earned money into a single coin is a big mistake to be avoided. As already stated, every coin has the inner potential to moon only if it has community and investors support. Crypto can surprise you anytime and anywhere, don't invest your all in just one coin or project. A word to the wise......

HYDAX EXCHANGE ⎈ BOUNTY ⎈ ANN
A Secure, Efficient, Simple Cryptocurrency Exchange
ExchangeFutures & OptionsIEOAPPCommunity
RockDJ

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 08, 2019, 10:02:12 PM

I agree with you. Most times am surprised on how people will invest all funds in one project with the anticipation that it will give massive return while forgetting that this space is unpredictable and highly volatile.
Let us always be careful of what and how we invest, invest or trade with money you are okay with not lifesavings

Dalmar

Activity: 1092
Merit: 500

Life is short, practice empathy in your life

View Profile
June 08, 2019, 10:19:43 PM

Warren Buffet clearly explained the risks about the financial markets and it is fully revealed regarding the testing the depth of markets. Financial analysts usually advise to check the old prices of the asset and understand the reason why you want to invest in the project. Wall Street traders know these rules and they prefer to wait for the grown market circumstances for getting good price rate.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄
▄▄██████████████████████▄
 █████████████▀█████████████▄
▄█████████████▀ ▄█▀ ███████████
▄██████████      ▀▀  ████████████
▄█████████████   ▄▄▄   ▀▀██████████
█████████████▀   ████▄   ▀█████████▄
█████████████    ▀▀█▀▀   ▄██████████
████████████▀   ▄▄      ████████████
████████████   ▄████▄    ███████████
█████████      ██████    ██████████
█████████▄▄            ▄██████████
▀██████████  ██  ▄▄▄▄████████████
▀█████████▄▄█▄ ███████████████▀
▀██████████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

B i t c o i n t a l k   ▄▄▄▄▄

DONATION CAMPAIGN

▄
                                   ▄██
               ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           ▄███
             ▄█████████▄        ████
▄▄▄         ▄████████████     ▄████▀
 ▀██▄▄      █████████████   ▄█████▀
  ▀█████▄   █████████████  ▄██████
    ▀█████▄  ███████████▀▄███████
     ▀██████▄▄▀▀██████▀ ████████▀
       ████████▄      ▄████████▀
        █████████▄  ▄██████████
         █████████████████████
          ████████████████████
          ███████████████████
          ███████████████████
          ██████████████▀▀▀
          ███████▀▀▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀

BE A HOPE
FOR A LIVABLE WORLD
▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄▄█████████████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀██████████
███████████▀       ▀█▀       ▀█████████
███████████▀                    █████████
███████████                     █████████
█████████████                   ███████████
██████████████▄               ▄████████████
████████████████▄▄▄         ▄█▀▀   ████████
███████████▀▀     ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄██     ▄████████
██████▀█▄                ▀▀▀█▄ ▄█████████
██████▄ █▄          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄███████████
██████▄ ▀█                ▄████████████
██████▄  ██████▄▄▄    ▄██████████████
▀██████▄██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████████████▀▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀

ONE

little

HELP CHANGES
EVERYTHING

..DONATE..
aemma
Copper Member

Activity: 966
Merit: 14

View Profile
June 08, 2019, 10:31:25 PM

Kudos for this wonderful post, going all in into one project or coin looks suicidal to me and should never be encouraged. People need to understand that there are many good coins that are worth looking into rather than putting all funds into just one which turn out bad afterwards.
Also, as a trader it is wise to divide your funds accordingly while trading to avoid getting trapped.
sngwinner

Activity: 432

View Profile
June 08, 2019, 11:05:08 PM

It is very true. There are risks with every business and to win is to take risk but to invest all your asset on a single coin is extremely risky. At least expanding your portfolio will reduce the risk as the different coins may complement each othet in terms of loss

ETERBASE | TRADE WITH NEGATIVE FEES
xbase ▬▬▬■▌[SIGN UP NOW]▐■▬▬▬ xbase
ANN THREAD   |    TELEGRAM    |    FACEBOOK    |    TWITTER
trumplove

Activity: 249
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 08, 2019, 11:18:06 PM

It is very true. There are risks with every business and to win is to take risk but to invest all your asset on a single coin is extremely risky. At least expanding your portfolio will reduce the risk as the different coins may complement each othet in terms of loss
the chance to take advantage of a few coins will be better than on one coin and that is true, I agree.
indeed all actions and choices have risks, so we must be careful and always ready for whatever will happen.
choose coins that are good and don't arbitrarily choose, because it's influential.

●   TOKPIE   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  GET ETHEREUM FOR YOUR BOUNTY STAKES  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  instantly & regularly  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
carrigan

Activity: 728
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 08, 2019, 11:44:51 PM

I think it is the basic importance when we are going to invest or trade.
It is too risky if we are entering only in one thing or one basket. If we want to invest, diversifying ou funds is very important. And we cannot try the big risk t first likely testing the depth of the water with our two feet.
Jannyh
Copper Member

Activity: 994
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2019, 02:49:24 AM

I really like this your adage. "Don't test the Depth of water with Both Feets" very explanatory, this is to say, invest wisely. Be Mindful of the risk you take especially when it has to do with cryptocurrency. In as much as we know every investment is risky but we should take calculated risk .

sjbi

Activity: 770
Merit: 14

www.thegeomadao.com

View Profile
June 09, 2019, 05:09:10 AM

We must be aware of in what project we are going to invest before going for it. It will be a good idea to distribute your investment in different projects in cryptocurrency just like in stock market. Allocating your investment in different projects will give you your higher chance of getting more profits and reducing your losses.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: