Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 02:30:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best alternative to Tether?  (Read 845 times)
kanayaTabitha

Activity: 980
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 16, 2019, 05:21:12 AM

THe second best stablecoin after tether is USDC but if you want more alternative i could list the top 5 big volume of stable coins after tether and USDC

1. Paxos Standard PAX
$228.44M

2. TrueUSD TUSD
$168.9M

3. Dai DAI
$102.86M

4. STASIS EURO EURS
$35.16M

5. Binance USD BUSD
$17.93M

This list is refers to cryptoslate website. you can see the full list here https://cryptoslate.com/cryptos/stablecoin/
beerlover
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 1160

View Profile
November 16, 2019, 01:44:15 PM

Facebookcoin will be a very different beast and we don't know whether they'll allow it to touch any exchanges beyond their approved ones, and even the approved ones may only allow exchanging to proper fiat currencies.
If libra were to happen that would have been the best alternative to it but unfortunately it looks like it is going to be postponed for a while and probably even cancelled so I doubt we will have Libra as an alternative.

Everyone was against Libra and the whole world wanted to stop Facebook from creating it and they might have managed to achieve that from the looks of it but what they are forgetting is that facebook would have been an improvement over the horrible companies we have right now, plus would be funny to see Winklevoss twins having a stable currency and Mark Zuckerberg also creates a better version of their stable currency Cheesy.

Right now, the only one that looks semi-legit is USDC and even that doesn't look too comfortable to me right now so fiat is where I directly go to.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
November 16, 2019, 06:48:30 PM

Yeah one of the biggest issues w/all the different options for stablecoins is that its just spreading liquidity thin across a bunch of base pairs. When it was just USDT that was great since it had lots of volume. Unless exchanges decide to really care that DAI is the most ideal approach to a stablecoin, I don't think it will be a viable trading pair until the overall market has a LOT more liquidity and volume.

That won't happen. The exchanges are all incentivized to promote their own stablecoin, like Coinbase paying interest on USDC now. At the least, they are earning interest off stablecoin holders, but more importantly, they are keeping traders oriented towards their own market liquidity. Coinbase wants you to stay in the USDC markets, not withdraw DAI to competing exchanges.

ajaymukund

Activity: 784
Merit: 10

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
November 16, 2019, 06:59:52 PM

If you're really worried about it, you should diversify your portfolio. such as holding more stablecoins like USDC and PAX. Those are the stablecoins I've used and it's great.
Or you can use your USDT to buy more than Ethereum or XRP, although its value is not stable but it will certainly grow in the long run. Hope you will have good luck and success.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
Pearls Before Swine

Activity: 1190
Merit: 306

View Profile
November 16, 2019, 07:06:38 PM

Please do not keep your coins in an exchange. If anything happens to the exchange then you are going to lose the asset.
Best advice ever for anyone in crypto, and it's something all newbies ought to learn right when they get into crypto.

Op is all in on Tether?  Why??  If you're into cryptocurrency, why bother with a stable coin that's pegged to fiat?  You might as well keep your cash in a safe, as it would probably be safer.

If libra were to happen that would have been the best alternative to it but unfortunately it looks like it is going to be postponed for a while and probably even cancelled so I doubt we will have Libra as an alternative.
Why would one stable coin be better than another?  What is it about libra that would make it more attractive than Tether?  In my mind they'd both be equally as useless to own.  There's no profit to be made and no reason to hold either one.  Inflation works to devalue fiat, so it's going to devalue stable coins as well.
Findingnemo

Activity: 2338
Merit: 768

Bitcoin = Financial freedom

View Profile
November 17, 2019, 11:45:23 AM

No stable coin is safe and all the stable coins are the same so no need to find an alternative for a stable coin which got more trading volume and listed on most of the top-rated exchanges, if you still want then go for USDC, don't trust anything with less trading volume.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
View ArchiveReport to moderator
Exidous

Activity: 239
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 17, 2019, 01:25:23 PM

No stable coin is safe and all the stable coins are the same so no need to find an alternative for a stable coin which got more trading volume and listed on most of the top-rated exchanges, if you still want then go for USDC, don't trust anything with less trading volume.
Depend on the thinking of each person but currently USDT and USDC are still the two most stable stable coins in this market and ensure the safety of investors when participating in transactions. USDC seems to me better and is being widely used throughout this year so USDC may one day overcome USDT dominance in the near future. Investors now have a variety of stable coin options but USDC should be considered more.
pawanjain

Activity: 2688
Merit: 715

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
November 17, 2019, 02:05:37 PM

It's quite simple.

You will first have to decide the alternative between stable coins and altcoins.
To be honest, there aren't much trusted stable coins available in the market.
There are a plenty of altcoins available though. You should go for the next best altcoin which here should be ETH followed by BCH, BNB etc..
The more potential the coin is, the lesser risk of losing your money in the long run.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Taskford

Activity: 2548
Merit: 795

View Profile
November 17, 2019, 02:25:31 PM

THe second best stablecoin after tether is USDC but if you want more alternative i could list the top 5 big volume of stable coins after tether and USDC

1. Paxos Standard PAX
$228.44M

2. TrueUSD TUSD
$168.9M

3. Dai DAI
$102.86M

4. STASIS EURO EURS
$35.16M

5. Binance USD BUSD
$17.93M

This list is refers to cryptoslate website. you can see the full list here https://cryptoslate.com/cryptos/stablecoin/

I don't on the state of those 4 mentioned coins since for what I see is they got a pretty much little volatility but on one of your list is I think good since I'm using it for many months right now and the price seems stagnant and safe since the value Nevers go down and also never goes up and this token is the TrueUSD  which we can go on if we don't want to lose on the harsh volatility state of the market.

.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
2double0
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

View Profile
November 17, 2019, 02:54:43 PM

I would prefer Binance USD (BUSD) over any other coin that is an alternative to fiat because Binance had been here for just a few years and what a great progress had been presented by them, I am seeing their project to be running for at least a decade or two and with that, you can be rest assured that BUSD will not ditch you in the long run while you fear that Tether could foul play after Bitfinex shutdown.
Findingnemo

Activity: 2338
Merit: 768

Bitcoin = Financial freedom

View Profile
November 17, 2019, 05:19:10 PM

Depend on the thinking of each person but currently USDT and USDC are still the two most stable stable coins in this market and ensure the safety of investors when participating in transactions. USDC seems to me better and is being widely used throughout this year so USDC may one day overcome USDT dominance in the near future. Investors now have a variety of stable coin options but USDC should be considered more.
USDC is from coinbase so if OP is going to use Coinbase trading platform then its better to choose it, literally stable coins are also not stable they have changes in value from one dollar it might increase or decrease in a small percentage. Stable coin not for investors it's only for traders.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
View ArchiveReport to moderator
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
November 18, 2019, 05:34:53 PM

Binance USD BUSD
$17.93M
Believe it or not, I still think Binance USD will be the best out of all of them. We are talking about something that Binance is doing and these dudes have been doing everything so amazingly that none of their products have failed so far, that is why I think this one won't end up being horrible neither.

Maybe it won't be the first one and maybe there will be a better one in the end but just because there is one at the top doesn't mean Binance USD will not be used unless Binance decides to stop it themselves. Whatever we end up using in the end as much as possible I just hope it won't be tether, as long as humanity stops using tether and tries to get their money back from them (eventually can't because they don't have enough money) and evidently sue them for it, that's better for me.

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
November 24, 2019, 06:07:48 PM

Facebookcoin will be a very different beast and we don't know whether they'll allow it to touch any exchanges beyond their approved ones, and even the approved ones may only allow exchanging to proper fiat currencies.

Everyone was against Libra and the whole world wanted to stop Facebook from creating it and they might have managed to achieve that from the looks of it but what they are forgetting is that facebook would have been an improvement over the horrible companies we have right now, plus would be funny to see Winklevoss twins having a stable currency and Mark Zuckerberg also creates a better version of their stable currency Cheesy.

Right now, the only one that looks semi-legit is USDC and even that doesn't look too comfortable to me right now so fiat is where I directly go to.
But trying to get fiat for your cryptocurrencies has its own set of problems, one of those are the costs, if at some point you want to buy cryptocurrencies again then you will be charged an important fee and the time it takes to convert your fiat to bitcoin and your bitcoin to fiat are many times slower than just using a stable coin, and finally you may need to pay some taxes on that money and this will reduce your available capital to buy cryptocurrencies again.
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
November 24, 2019, 07:47:19 PM

Believe it or not, I still think Binance USD will be the best out of all of them. We are talking about something that Binance is doing and these dudes have been doing everything so amazingly that none of their products have failed so far, that is why I think this one won't end up being horrible neither.

They did get compromised.....twice. The first time, KYC data was leaked. The second time, their hot wallet. Their US launch was disappointing and so is their futures platform.

I don't see any reason for BUSD to surpass more reputable options like USDC.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: