There has been some discussion
about building a game which uses bitcoins as an in game currency. The current directions the designs are taking is a version of the good old forum game "The wolf game". I thought it would be fun to play some game, so here goes:This is the wolf game!
The year is 2024. A group of bitcoin users has gathered together to celebrate, tonight Satoshi releases Bitcoin 10.4 which will be adopted as the official currency of 3 countries. A huge party is had, everyone has fun. However, government agents have infiltrated the celebrations and will stop at nothing, during the night Satoshi is murdered! A mob gathers in the hotel foyer, regarding one another suspiciously...The aim of the game is simple
Some players are "wolves", every night they send votes to the GM (me) on who they want to murder this night (only humans can be murdered). Wolves all know who each other are.
During the day the mob discusses who the murderer(s) is(are), the wolves pretend to be innocent humans and try to accuse other innocents - at the end of the day the vote is tallied up and the someone is lynched.
If you are a wolf, you must try and steer the daytime voting to get innocent humans killed.
If you are a human, you must try and deduce who is a wolf (bear in mind, people killed during the night must be human - that's the only solid information you have)Special Roles
There are 4 special roles:The Medic
can autopsy a body that has been lynched and find out if they were human or wolf.The Guardian Angel
can guard one player every night, if the wolves try and murder that person they will fail. The angel may guard themselves.The Seer
will be told the identity of one wolf at the start of the game.The Moderator
is a well respected member of the forums and thus his votes can count double on one single day of his choice.
Special roles are revealed privately to players, the GM will never confirm any player as a special role publicly.Gameplay
The game starts during the day, players can post and vote on who to kill, votes should be in BOLD AND GREEN
, if you changed your mind and make another vote, then please go back and remove the first vote (make it normal text and I'll ignore it). Obviously voting will go back and forth, I will post warnings when the day is ending. One game day will be a couple of real days to allow everyone in different time zones to post.
The game then swaps over to the night, wolves and specials should send their actions to the GM (me) by PM, at the end of the night (when I've received votes off everyone, or when I don't have the patience to wait any long) the day will start with a big post by me explaining the events of the night.Other rules
1. Private messaging is allowed between living players
2. Private messaging from dead people is NOT allowed, please report it to me and ignore that PM.
3. Dead people should make only one post after they die, and it should not reveal *anything* relevant to the game, it is merely for role-playing an impressive death
4. No posts should be made by anyone during the night. Anyone breaking this rule risks getting struck by lightening when out on the hotel roof having a sneaky cigarette Wink
5. In the event of a tie during the wolf voting then I will choose a random one to kill
6. In the event of a tie during the human voting then NO ONE is killed during that day
7. Any player inactive for too long will be replaced or killed
8. Sharing PMs from the GM is strictly NOT ALLOWED. If someone sneds you a copy of any GM message, then please tell me - they will be punished but you might get a reward Wink
9. Any rules may change slightly as the game progresses (special powers especially may be modified to be slightly more or less powerful) - you won't be punished for rules that didn't exist when you broke them.Prize Fund
We are playing for a 13.5 Btc prize fundSurviving players
Satoshi - Assassinated by government agents night 0
Quantumplation - sleeping with the money day 1