Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:08:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Paxful question...  (Read 144 times)
Dapper (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 260

View Profile
June 03, 2019, 05:37:33 AM

No offence to Nigeria or Nigerians, but why is it that there are so many transactions involving folks from this country on Paxful?   My bank accounts are in Singapore, the US, and Germany, and I'm sure I would not be able to receive too many transfers from Nigeria without my bank calling me up.   Not to mention the generally bad repuation the country has regarding scams (again, no offence but that's what the reputation is).   

sent from my X6
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Ailmand

Activity: 1274
Merit: 519

Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back

View Profile
June 03, 2019, 05:49:33 AM

Won't be shocked since Negiria had a bad reputation in regards to cryptocurrency scam. Paxful works almost the same as localbitcoin maybe that is why there are several Nigerian doing their transactions there. Just be careful when transacting p2p.

OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6122

View Profile
June 03, 2019, 09:29:45 AM
Merited by CryptopreneurBrainboss (1)

I'm not surprised that there are so many users from Nigeria with all the poverty and political instability going there.

As for accounts involved in scams, apparently, there has been some cleaning two months ago.

But If you're still worried, then there is no reason to do these trades. With a few bank accounts around the world, you shouldn't find a problem to find people to trade with anyway. You can always use other exchange platforms or the forums.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
CryptopreneurBrainboss
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 4152

eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2019, 02:32:56 PM
Merited by Mpamaegbu (1)

No offence to Nigeria or Nigerians, but why is it that there are so many transactions involving folks from this country on Paxful?

No offense taken, sadly that's a reputation we gave ourselves. To make you understand why there are so many transaction involving Nigerians on paxful, (just as @Ailmand said, paxful works like localbitcoin making it an alternative which was more accessible) meaning you can easily trade peer2peer without involving third party which lead many Nigeria into using their service as centralized exchanges that one could easily trade his/her coins into our local currency naira wasn't available we all turned to P2P platform for that exchange to be made possible. Although now we have exchanges like LUNO that offers those feature but majority of individuals still uses localbitcoin or paxful.

Also another factor that increase our transaction number on those P2P site was when the government started showing strong negative signals towards the usage of cryptocurrency in the country. In some case if your bank record has any cryptocurrency related transaction your account get seize or closed. But with the use of P2P platform you could easily avoid the government tracking your bank records and linking it with cryptocurrency related transaction.

Now this were the geniue factor that contributed to the increase of users using those P2P exchange before scammers saw an opportunity to capitalize on the trust feature of those platform. You should understand though not every one on those platform that posses as Nigerians are Nigerians some of them are our neighboring country. The whole scam issue is an African problem but they use Nigeria as their country since the bad eggs have spoiled the country's reputation.

Trading of bitcoin is the number one and biggest use of bitcoin in Nigeria (Africa as a whole) whether it's genuine or fraudulent related that's why the number of transaction are high. Did a post on that something ago titled; Uses of bitcoin in Africa

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Kavelj22
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1453

🔃EN>>AR Translator🔃

View Profile
June 03, 2019, 03:19:59 PM

In all countries, where there is no regulations over cryptocurrencies or forbidden by law, borns scams. It's simply because there is no clear laws or even a set of rules about how to use Internet. As we took Nigeria for example, I guess it has also a bad reputation regarding all other online businesses. Not denying that scams happen from everywhere.
So, I can also guess that localbitcoin and paxful treat with cautions all transactions made to/from those countries. If it's not the case, and they only deny requests related to Nigeria (not any other country), I don't know if we can talk about a racist policy (don't find How to call it if it's the case).

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x