Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:08:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy and Sell with bitcoin - Online Marketplace for Cryptocurrency  (Read 700 times)
notrealname (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 09:47:05 AM
Last edit: March 14, 2014, 10:36:45 AM by notrealname

Hi there!

I noticed that there were no global marketplace to buy and sell with bitcoin. Therefore I've created a simple site where you can easily do that!

Keep in mind that I just want to ease the use with bitcoin and are not trying to make any money. No ads or lurks is placed on this site.
I'd appreciate if you gave me some feedback on what to improve and add to the site Cheesy

http://thecoinbay.org

Cheers!:)
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
rara12121

Activity: 11

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 01:02:36 PM

it's very slow...
it's also quite hard to find what i want. look at fiverr or etsy like that to see how they do content curation.
notrealname (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 02:10:05 PM

it's very slow...
it's also quite hard to find what i want. look at fiverr or etsy like that to see how they do content curation.

Yeah, we've solved that problem now!
From the other responses we have been receiving, it's actually quite easy to find stuff!

Thanks for the answer!
bapibopi

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 02:24:50 PM

The site looks neat. I will probably start using it when there's more content available, or when I have something worth selling.
Maybe make it so that you can contact the seller without signing in?
notrealname (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 04:03:28 PM
Last edit: March 14, 2014, 10:36:39 PM by notrealname

The site looks neat. I will probably start using it when there's more content available, or when I have something worth selling.
Maybe make it so that you can contact the seller without signing in?

Thanks! We appreciate that:)

To make everyone feel safe we thought it'd be better if everyone has to register. It gives people the ability to gain trust and verify everything as well.
rara12121

Activity: 11

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 01:42:38 PM

From the other responses we have been receiving, it's actually quite easy to find stuff!

what i mean is - if i click "browse", it's not obvious that i then have to click a category. and when i click a category, it then disappears. so i have to click "back" to browse another one. basically, i have to think too hard (http://www.sensible.com/dmmt.html).

Some people prefer broad listings like this, others prefer a "grid" view. Certainly, when scanning lots and lots of content, a grid view is more efficient. So when you have lots of stuff, remember that much of it will be junk (to me) or not relevant (to me), so i want to be able to quickly skip over the ones i don't want. that's why etsy etc. use a compact grid view.

good luck! i'll keep an eye on the site to see how it progresses.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 03:24:24 PM

To make everyone feel safe we thought it'd be better if everyone has to register. It gives people the ability to gain trust and verify everything as well.

Safety is based on security and operator competence, not throwing in some feature or other as an afterthought. See here.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
notrealname (OP)

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 12:59:13 PM
Last edit: March 16, 2014, 01:26:48 PM by notrealname

what i mean is - if i click "browse", it's not obvious that i then have to click a category. and when i click a category, it then disappears. so i have to click "back" to browse another one. basically, i have to think too hard (http://www.sensible.com/dmmt.html).

Some people prefer broad listings like this, others prefer a "grid" view. Certainly, when scanning lots and lots of content, a grid view is more efficient. So when you have lots of stuff, remember that much of it will be junk (to me) or not relevant (to me), so i want to be able to quickly skip over the ones i don't want. that's why etsy etc. use a compact grid view.

good luck! i'll keep an eye on the site to see how it progresses.

Thank you very much for the answer! We will absolutely make a grid-view! We are also working on a more simplified design.

Safety is based on security and operator competence, not throwing in some feature or other as an afterthought. See here.

It's true what you say. But since we are not involved in the transaction, we are trying to improve ways so that you can rely on other people on our site via special methods like handshakes etc.
We are constantly working on preventing injections and other types of malicious hacks. I'm going to read what you linked, and thanks for the answer!

We're really glad for the input, thank you very much!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: