Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 05:47:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Cyto - Trustless, decentralized cash  (Read 965 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Jeddie

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2019, 06:16:19 PM
Last edit: June 13, 2019, 06:48:38 PM by Jeddie

Quote from: CytoProject
To backup the directory, something like this...

tar czvf cyto_wallet.tar.gz cyto_wallet
then ask your vps provider for help on how to download cyto_wallet.tar.gz
once you download it, save it somewhere safe on your computer

I backed up the directory as you suggested. Then somehow I was able to successfully install a GUI on the VPS. I then located the archived backup (cyto_wallet.tar.gz) and opened it but alas, it was empty!!! I expected to at least find some sort of text file therein but there was not a single file in there. Please how I go about this whole backing up of a thing? i really don't want to lose my wallet when my g-cloud trial expires...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CytoProject (OP)

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 13, 2019, 08:04:18 PM

I backed up the directory as you suggested. Then somehow I was able to successfully install a GUI on the VPS. I then located the archived backup (cyto_wallet.tar.gz) and opened it but alas, it was empty!!! I expected to at least find some sort of text file therein but there was not a single file in there. Please how I go about this whole backing up of a thing? i really don't want to lose my wallet when my g-cloud trial expires...

One of three things went wrong. Either your wallet was not saved to cyto_wallet/main.wallet, your command to create the tar.gz file was incorrect, or the command you used to extract it was incorrect.  Start by going back to your VPS, switching into your cyto_wallet directory and then doing an ls -la there.  If it's empty, then perhaps you saved your wallet to another location. If not, then rerunning the tar czv command from the parent directory should show the files that were added to the tar.gz.  You can paste them here just to confirm.
konstant111

Activity: 924
Merit: 250

my only address Eth: 0xa3beBBea49563A6D6D....

View Profile
June 13, 2019, 08:58:35 PM

Hi, how can I use this, do you have a source where I could install this on Windows and use this solution to get rewards

STOP ERC20 SCAMS
Jeddie

View Profile
June 13, 2019, 09:25:43 PM

One of three things went wrong. Either your wallet was not saved to cyto_wallet/main.wallet, your command to create the tar.gz file was incorrect, or the command you used to extract it was incorrect.  Start by going back to your VPS, switching into your cyto_wallet directory and then doing an ls -la there.  If it's empty, then perhaps you saved your wallet to another location. If not, then rerunning the tar czv command from the parent directory should show the files that were added to the tar.gz.  You can paste them here just to confirm.

Well, now that I have a GUI installed, I wouldn't need to be running commands. Kindly tell me what file(s) or folder(s) I should be looking for in the directory so I can back them up. Thanks
CytoProject (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2019, 09:48:27 PM

One of three things went wrong. Either your wallet was not saved to cyto_wallet/main.wallet, your command to create the tar.gz file was incorrect, or the command you used to extract it was incorrect.  Start by going back to your VPS, switching into your cyto_wallet directory and then doing an ls -la there.  If it's empty, then perhaps you saved your wallet to another location. If not, then rerunning the tar czv command from the parent directory should show the files that were added to the tar.gz.  You can paste them here just to confirm.

Well, now that I have a GUI installed, I wouldn't need to be running commands. Kindly tell me what file(s) or folder(s) I should be looking for in the directory so I can back them up. Thanks

These

Code:
-rw-rw-r-- 1 cc cc  553 Jun 13 17:46 main.wallet
-rw-rw-r-- 1 cc cc   95 Jun 13 17:46 main.wallet.address.txt
-rw-rw-r-- 1 cc cc   85 Jun 13 17:46 main.wallet.airdrop.id
-rw-rw-r-- 1 cc cc   57 Jun 13 17:46 main.wallet.airdrop.keys
-rw-rw-r-- 1 cc cc  289 Jun 13 17:46 main.wallet.keys
CytoProject (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2019, 09:57:50 PM

Hi, how can I use this, do you have a source where I could install this on Windows and use this solution to get rewards

We are working on a windows build and will announce as soon as it's ready. We have not launched the network yet.
Jeddie

View Profile
June 14, 2019, 10:11:53 AM

Can you create a discord/telegram group already so people can start joining and discussing there before they make this thread off limits to people like myself...
Jeddie

View Profile
June 14, 2019, 11:59:21 AM
Last edit: June 14, 2019, 12:24:40 PM by Jeddie

These

Code:
-rw-rw-r-- 1 cc cc  553 Jun 13 17:46 main.wallet
-rw-rw-r-- 1 cc cc   95 Jun 13 17:46 main.wallet.address.txt
-rw-rw-r-- 1 cc cc   85 Jun 13 17:46 main.wallet.airdrop.id
-rw-rw-r-- 1 cc cc   57 Jun 13 17:46 main.wallet.airdrop.keys
-rw-rw-r-- 1 cc cc  289 Jun 13 17:46 main.wallet.keys

I was able to locate 'main.wallet', 'main.wallet.address.txt' and 'main.wallet.keys' but couldn't find the other two
CytoProject (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2019, 12:33:01 PM

I was able to locate 'main.wallet', 'main.wallet.address.txt' and 'main.wallet.keys' but couldn't find the other two

So it looks like you have your wallet, but don't have the airdrop keys.  Once you launched cyto-console-wallet and created the wallet, did you run the new_genesis_airdrop_address command followed by exit (from within the cyto-console-wallet program)?  (Worst case you will just have to generate a new airdrop address and give it to me and I replace your old address with the new one.)
Jeddie

View Profile
June 14, 2019, 01:11:16 PM
Last edit: June 14, 2019, 01:57:55 PM by Jeddie

So it looks like you have your wallet, but don't have the airdrop keys.  Once you launched cyto-console-wallet and created the wallet, did you run the new_genesis_airdrop_address command followed by exit (from within the cyto-console-wallet program)?  (Worst case you will just have to generate a new airdrop address and give it to me and I replace your old address with the new one.)

I ran the generate new airdrop address command but didn't run the "exit" command

Update: I went back to run the wallet again (using ./cyto-console-wallet-linux64-0.1/cyto-console-wallet) followed by the 'exit' command.
I went back to check and the 'airdrop.id' and the 'airdrop.keys' files showed up. I guess everything's perfect now, yea?
CytoProject (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2019, 02:36:50 PM

So you did new_genesis_airdrop_address again?
Jeddie

View Profile
June 14, 2019, 02:47:15 PM

No... Do I still need to? I figured the airdrop backup files didn't show up because I didn't run the 'exit' command...so I logged into the wallet again and the ran the 'exit' command immediately....I then went back to check the directory and the airdrop files were there...all 5 backup files complete
CytoProject (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2019, 05:05:45 PM
Last edit: June 14, 2019, 05:25:10 PM by CytoProject

No... Do I still need to? I figured the airdrop backup files didn't show up because I didn't run the 'exit' command...so I logged into the wallet again and the ran the 'exit' command immediately....I then went back to check the directory and the airdrop files were there...all 5 backup files complete

Yes. You will need to run that command again and paste me here your new airdrop ID.  I will manually go in and swap your old one for it.

Then take note of your new airdrop id, backup your entire wallet and save your password somewhere safe.

Also need to know your old airdrop ID or IP address.  PM me these details if you don't want them public.
Jeddie

View Profile
June 14, 2019, 06:21:28 PM

Yes. You will need to run that command again and paste me here your new airdrop ID.  I will manually go in and swap your old one for it.

Then take note of your new airdrop id, backup your entire wallet and save your password somewhere safe.

Also need to know your old airdrop ID or IP address.  PM me these details if you don't want them public.

I just tried sending you a PM but I got an error response that you've set your account not to receive PMs from Newbies. Kindly review your account settings so I can try again. Thanks
CytoProject (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2019, 06:47:19 PM

I just tried sending you a PM but I got an error response that you've set your account not to receive PMs from Newbies. Kindly review your account settings so I can try again. Thanks

fixed
Jeddie

View Profile
June 14, 2019, 07:34:52 PM
Last edit: June 14, 2019, 08:18:54 PM by Jeddie

fixed

Sent. Thanks. So is there a deadline for airdrop application?
CytoProject (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2019, 09:20:13 PM

Airdrop stats

Day        New participants    Total
  1                       1        1
  2                      42       43
  3                      27       70
  4                      29       99
CytoProject (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2019, 10:35:39 PM

fixed

Sent. Thanks. So is there a deadline for airdrop application?

Thanks - I've updated your record. No, not yet.
CytoProject (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2019, 04:16:15 PM

Airdrop stats

Day        New participants    Total
  1                       1        1
  2                      42       43
  3                      27       70
  4                      29       99
  5                      35      134
CytoProject (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2019, 10:29:33 PM
Last edit: June 16, 2019, 07:00:44 AM by CytoProject

Joined. instructions pretty straightforward.
project looks really interesting.

Thanks for your support. Lots more to come. Watch this thread!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: