Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 08:44:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why DEX (Decentralized Exchange) still unpopular?  (Read 1360 times)
silver23

Activity: 574
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 14, 2019, 05:54:15 AM

Hi all traders!
Why you always using Centralized Exchange to trade Decentralized Asset?
Too many 'hacked' news or maybe "hacked by internal" at 2019, Cryptopia, Binance, Huobi, Etc.

Why traders still using Centralized Exchange?

Centralized Exchange

+ Huge Volume
+ Fast CS Response

- Less security
- Not your keys, not your coins
- Paid to list

Binance has launch Binance DEX but still have low volume and pair only for BNB (not BTC)

It's all about people's habits. People still do not fully understand the logic of crypto beings. We didn't see how important decentralization was. But I think the time will come.

BTW, the DEXs we're talking about are not semi-DEXs like Bancor. I'm talking exchanges that are completely decentralized.
i agree with you, this is just the habbit from traders who just use centralized exchange for so on and on.
this condition maybe sometimes will change because when DEX exchange more bigger and more trade volume it will make trader move to DEX.
just my preditcoin.
Koobtcgal

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

Acewins.io

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2019, 06:14:16 AM

Trading on a dex exchange is the slowest type of exchanging your coin as it may remain in order forever unlike a centralized one. Moreover, there are many decentralized exchanges and some of them have very poor user interfaces which makes everything complicated to the new user unlike centralized exchanges that have user friendly interfaces.

Apes

Activity: 1316
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 14, 2019, 06:31:46 AM

I think traders don't care, or even don't know the pros and cons of using a centralized or decentralized trading platform. their only goal is to make a lot profit, as long as the trading platform is fully responsible for the deposited funds, they trust and that is enough for them.
traders will prefer to use a trusted exchange no matter which system are used, rather than using scam exchanges because there are lots of scams exchange out there.
Genkotsu

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 14, 2019, 06:32:59 AM

Dex can't carry a big volume of transactions. Even if you check idex which is hybrid not fully decentralized is getting stuck when big volume happens. I wonder how will binance dex will perform.
i agree with yours, DEX exchange not have a big volume trade every day.
same like Binance DEX until now just still low volume trade on it, i don't know how Binance DEX will perform next time but i think if it Binance that mean it is seuccess.
i think people here is same like me when you hear Binance the first think you have is success.
i just hope it.

Cacingkemi

Activity: 1484
Merit: 516

View Profile
June 14, 2019, 06:50:44 AM

I'm personally very confused at DEX not continuing trading there, too many insider played are rarely fully played by traders so IMO also maybe PPL think the same as me so it won't be popular.

yslyv

Activity: 1008
Merit: 533

View Profile
June 14, 2019, 07:36:51 AM

i am not sure that this is the only reason but in my opinion, centralized exchanges manipulates and increases the volume of the coins in their platforms. and since there is no owner of decentralized exchanges, volumes are very low.

turn the page
Backupnime

Activity: 494
Merit: 104

homt.net

View Profile
June 14, 2019, 07:40:22 AM

even Binance launch Decentralized exchange still make dex era not make trader interest, like you explain above DEX platform is have low volume trade that's why people still comfortable with Centralized exchange than DEX

CDEX-CROSS-CHAIN DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE PLATFORM
TOKENS FOR BITCOINTALK USERS FOR SIGNATURES! ANN TREAD ! WHITEPAPER ! LITEPAPER !
jrrsparkles

Activity: 2408
Merit: 265

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
June 14, 2019, 07:46:21 AM

Hi all traders!
Too many 'hacked' news or maybe "hacked by internal" at 2019, Cryptopia, Binance, Huobi, Etc.

Centralized Exchange

+ Huge Volume
+ Fast CS Response

- Less security
- Paid to list

Binance has launch Binance DEX but still have low volume and pair only for BNB (not BTC)
Low volume is the primary reason why DEX are still unpopular amog the traders because people want their trade to be completed instantly so they are going for the centralized exchange even if there are chances of hacking are there.

But in future it will change when people prefer security over the volume.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
kissme09

Activity: 658

PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds

View Profile
June 14, 2019, 08:05:40 AM

Because this is a general internship exchange and there are many shit-coins listed here. Many people do not use exchange platforms like Dex because it is not accessible. It is only a listing option for Tokens after the project ends. Investors think that top exchange options are always preferred, so they believe that DEX should not choose.

Yankeeruinx

Activity: 443
Merit: 107

View Profile
June 14, 2019, 08:06:26 AM

Stakenet (XSN) are aiming to fix these issues with their upcoming DEX which utilises Lightning Network and their one click Lightning Swap solution.

The DEX will run straight from their Multi-Currency Lightning Wallet so no need to move your assets anywhere and the entire DEX is hosted on their Masternode Network. All trading fees earned by the DEX are paid back to the Masternode owners running the DEX too. Their Lightning Swap tech means trades are instant so will have the speed of a CEX while ensuring the security of a DEX, they also have built in privacy options like TOR.

Stakenet have 2 plans to ensure liquidity first up is the DEX Aggregator which will provide portals into other DEXs to ensure the best liquidity and rates can be found in one place.

The second which I believe is the killer feature is that due to the nature of their wallet and the Lightning Swap tech they have also built in Cross-Chain payment tech. What this means is that any asset they support can be used as payment for another asset. So for example if a retailer accepts BTC then you can pay that retailer in any asset supported by their Multi-Currency Lightning Wallet and during payment the asset will be instantly converted to BTC for the retailer. This suddenly gives all these assets a great new use case of being used as payments at an ever growing list of retailers worldwide and which project wouldn't want that. As such Stakenet are forming partnerships with assets that they list so that those projects nudge their communities to use Stakenets DEX over any other exchange out there which will provide the liquidity needed for the instant cross-chain swaps.

With Stakenet DEX there is no KYC, no accounts, no geo-blocking, no waiting for deposits, no withdrawal limits, no converting assets into arbitrary tokens, no problems. Just straight P2P trading, instantly without the hassle. They are also working on something they are calling Cold Exchanging, which is trading directly from hardware devices like Trezor and Ledger.

When presented with that why would you use anything else?

Stakenet DEX is just one area they are working on, though it is also near release hence the focus on it but it's defs worth checking out the other stuff they have going on too.
fathur01

Activity: 700

View Profile
June 14, 2019, 08:57:37 AM

I think most traders don't think about security until their funds are stolen. But at the same time, as you said, decentralized exchanges scare them off with a small volume of trading. I think that decentralized exchanges are still ahead and with the growth of the number of such platforms, competition will begin to increase, the volume of trading will increase and professional traders will come.
rosezionjohn

Activity: 882
Merit: 301

View Profile
June 14, 2019, 09:37:47 AM

Back when Etherdelta was still the top DEX, many people who tried it find ED as ugly, slow, and complicated. I think many still have that notion even though a lot of the DEX's today have improved in terms of UI and speed.
michellee

Activity: 2786
Merit: 842

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
June 14, 2019, 09:53:36 AM

Because Centralized Exchange is more easy to use than decentralized exchange,IMO.
Then, centralized exchange is more trusted for trading.

Yes, besides that, in the decentralized exchange, the pair is not for all of the cryptocurrency, but it's only for the tokens although some decentralized exchange has the btc-token, altcoin-token. But still the popularity of decentralized exchange cannot compete with the centralized exchange, and people still prefer to trade in the centralized exchanges. Maybe if the decentralized exchange can add more pair for btc and altcoin and not just for the tokens, people will try to use it, and I think people will like to trade in the decentralized exchanges.

KlepZ

Activity: 330

View Profile
June 14, 2019, 10:04:31 AM

Inability to restore access, For example, due to lack of a KYC process and the ability to cancel a transaction in the event of a broken passwords or loss of a private key, the user cannot recover his or her data and return the assets. Chargeback and refund procedures are incompatible with a distributed registry. Users who have committed an operation by mistake or have lost control over their keys are not able to recover their access.
defyance

Activity: 700

View Profile
June 14, 2019, 11:20:29 AM

The biggest problem is volume. None of existing DEX could provide high volume. That's it. Imagine if you are a big whale, for sure volume is the main factor and on DEX volume is small even for me

puertorikosena

Activity: 742
Merit: 121

View Profile
June 14, 2019, 12:03:31 PM

It seems to me that in order to open a decentralized exchange, we need serious investments. And who will finance the maintenance of stable operation of the exchange? Therefore, such exchanges are not popular.
btcyoda

Activity: 644

View Profile
June 14, 2019, 12:10:36 PM

Because Centralized Exchange is more easy to use than decentralized exchange,IMO.
Then, centralized exchange is more trusted for trading.

Centralised exchanges are more trust for trading but we many countries are supporting for Blockchain technology, each has its own advantages and disadvantages. Still, people who are in crypto are actively trading in decentralised exchanges.
ridha inoue

Activity: 504

View Profile
June 14, 2019, 12:12:28 PM

that is right DEX exchange is always under point and decentralized exchange is always use to trade.
we can look the biggest exchange cryptocurrency like Binance, Houbi and other big exchange is Decentralized exchange with high volume trading everyday for almost all coin in there.
so, how about Binance DEX. i think Binance DEX is same like DEX exchange other not have a good enthusiast like Binance.

CDEX-CROSS-CHAIN DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE PLATFORM
weidex

Activity: 243
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2019, 12:41:02 PM

We as a decentralized exchange are waiting too for new the update and people to realize that security is above the speed! But yeah, active traders who want to trade digital assets in seconds can't rely on DEXes because we can't give them this speed for now. But with the new update on Ethereum, I think the things will be on whole another level. Another fact is the DEX community is much lower than before and also crypto market cap is much lower than in 2017 and 2018 and there are not many traders as before.
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 14, 2019, 12:55:24 PM

Hi all traders!

Centralized Exchange

+ Huge Volume
+ Fast CS Response

- Less security
- Paid to list

Issue is that people are used to old exchanges and speed is slow for dex. Dex exchanges still lack behind in popularity and their media coverage is very little compare to nondex. If a centralized exchange comes with dex, I would highly doubt their legitimacy.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████