Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:05:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [XLK] Stellar Shark - Decentralized Internet and its infrastructure.  (Read 2076 times)
stellar_shark (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2019, 09:44:53 PM

If i enter my private key at you website, will you be able to connect to my XLM Wallet an transfer coins?

I try to understand what risks in giving the private keys to you.

The risk of giving your privatekey is losing everything. You need to understand what is going on first before doing a fork. Send your coins from your XLM wallet to a brand new wallet. Send a small amount first to make sure the address is correct and everything is fine. When you copy paste your address always double check since there is nasty malware that can change your clipboard. Once you have made adequute copies of your new wallets privatekey (as you would with any new wallet) and have them in a safe and secure place you can then proceed to enter your old wallets privatekey into the Stella website knowing nothing can be stolen since htere is nothing in it. Then you wait for the airdrop to take place and you will get a ratio of 1:1 so if you had 100 stella in your wallet before sending it to the new one then you will have 100. Only do this after the 28th of June because that is when they take a record of who is holding XLM. Once the record has been made then you can send your stella to your new address and do the above.

Coins are credited only when they are on your account 28th of June, only after taking a snapshot of the network can you transfer them to the exchange or to another wallet

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dgion

Activity: 18

View Profile
June 21, 2019, 09:58:17 PM

If I have a balance of 11300 XLK, when and at what price can I sell them?
Machine Funk

Activity: 144
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2019, 11:42:55 PM

Noone knows. It first needs to be listed on an exchange which should be soon I hope since many people will be doing the fork I feel it might be delayed. The thing is the OP is active here which is good.
So many projects there is noone to ask questions.
tiCeR

Activity: 1722
Merit: 750

View Profile
June 22, 2019, 01:22:32 PM

Aren't some of the advantages and innovations you mention not already more or less a reality with XLM, too? The transaction fees are effectively zero. Not sure if that is enough of a change to make users prefer XLK.
Commission is not the main advantage of our coin, see all the advantages.

Can you please explain a little bit further? I am aware of some of the advantages, but I would like to understand whether there is more than I know.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
stellar_shark (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
June 22, 2019, 01:43:49 PM

Aren't some of the advantages and innovations you mention not already more or less a reality with XLM, too? The transaction fees are effectively zero. Not sure if that is enough of a change to make users prefer XLK.

Can you please explain a little bit further? I am aware of some of the advantages, but I would like to understand whether there is more than I know.
What exactly are you asking for?
Vaoor

Activity: 11

View Profile
June 22, 2019, 05:00:28 PM

I also have 3000 and I think it is profitable to sell them
stellar_shark (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
June 22, 2019, 05:30:48 PM

I read the documentation, an excellent comparison of the competition of the XRP and the XLM!
We are glad that you are with us
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2019, 06:35:29 PM
Last edit: June 22, 2019, 06:49:06 PM by markm

One of the biggest advantages of Stellar over Ripple is that Stellar has a wallet for your own desktop, whereas Ripple makes you have to trust some third party site.

Thus if you use the online Stellar Shark wallet you are losing that extremely important feature.

So it seems much better to run the desktop version on your own computer sometime after the 28th June snapshot has been taken than to risk using the third-party-site web-based wallet.

If you really must use a web-based wallet you should probably run one yourself on your own computer behind your own firewall where you can be sure no-one can snoop on your browser's communication with the wallet.

Presumably once they have started their new blockchain using the balances from the old blockchain you have "forever" to claim your coins since presumably they are on the new blockchain under your old keys so you can install a desktop version of the wallet at any future date to access your snapshotted assets without risking using a third party site.

I admit I am somewhat curious what the stellar foundation will do with their forked coins, or is the plan to hijack certain addresses such as those where the foundation holds the coins it is still hoarding?

Or is Stellar Shark going to have more coins than Stellar does, so that in effect its developers create for themselves a bunch of extra coins over and above the cloned lumen coins?

One thing about Stellar Shark that sounds promising is the mention of Open Source, because if you have ever tried to set up seriously in Stellar you will have probably noticed by now that all their free open source code for automatically accepting deposits (of blockchain based coins for example) and processing withdrawals (such as sending people blockchain-based coins in return for tokens) is supposedly bad code, not fit for production use. So seemingly all the actual commercial "anchors" are using private code for that, and not releasing their fixes that make it "production-ready" as open source.

So I definitely look forward to this supposed improvement in open source over what Stellar has so far provided.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
stellar_shark (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
June 22, 2019, 10:15:48 PM

One of the biggest advantages of Stellar over Ripple is that Stellar has a wallet for your own desktop, whereas Ripple makes you have to trust some third party site.

Thus if you use the online Stellar Shark wallet you are losing that extremely important feature.

So it seems much better to run the desktop version on your own computer sometime after the 28th June snapshot has been taken than to risk using the third-party-site web-based wallet.

If you really must use a web-based wallet you should probably run one yourself on your own computer behind your own firewall where you can be sure no-one can snoop on your browser's communication with the wallet.

Presumably once they have started their new blockchain using the balances from the old blockchain you have "forever" to claim your coins since presumably they are on the new blockchain under your old keys so you can install a desktop version of the wallet at any future date to access your snapshotted assets without risking using a third party site.

I admit I am somewhat curious what the stellar foundation will do with their forked coins, or is the plan to hijack certain addresses such as those where the foundation holds the coins it is still hoarding?

Or is Stellar Shark going to have more coins than Stellar does, so that in effect its developers create for themselves a bunch of extra coins over and above the cloned lumen coins?

One thing about Stellar Shark that sounds promising is the mention of Open Source, because if you have ever tried to set up seriously in Stellar you will have probably noticed by now that all their free open source code for automatically accepting deposits (of blockchain based coins for example) and processing withdrawals (such as sending people blockchain-based coins in return for tokens) is supposedly bad code, not fit for production use. So seemingly all the actual commercial "anchors" are using private code for that, and not releasing their fixes that make it "production-ready" as open source.

So I definitely look forward to this supposed improvement in open source over what Stellar has so far provided.

-MarkM-

Naturally, we will have desktop and offline wallet, this can be read in our documentation, there will be official mobile versions, the code is all open, it attracts people, and gives many advantages, and also affects the price! I think you will like the further development of the project, wait for the live broadcast with the developers and keep the lumens at the time of the snapshot in your personal wallet!
stellar_shark (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 10:42:14 AM

very interesting bounty, i am join!
glad to see you with us!
tiCeR

Activity: 1722
Merit: 750

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 01:38:01 PM

You are talking about advantages and innovations in your announcement, but are those really enough to be better than the real Stellar?

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
stellar_shark (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 05:44:52 PM

You are talking about advantages and innovations in your announcement, but are those really enough to be better than the real Stellar?
I think more than that, since the stellar is completely centralized, this is its main disadvantage, we have many advantages over it!
Lizzie_Girl

Activity: 332
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 06:06:51 PM

Hmm... Interesting. I will be keeping an eye on this. This thread seemed very quite and within the last week or say has gained a bit of traction. I hope you attract more people to come join the Ann. Good to have it bumped to the top the whole time so more people see it. Maybe we can get this thread pumping.  Shocked

Good job to the team keeping the thread active this is how projects should be run.
stellar_shark (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 10:20:21 PM

It's nice to see what progress on the project to see!
Hmm... Interesting. I will be keeping an eye on this. This thread seemed very quite and within the last week or say has gained a bit of traction. I hope you attract more people to come join the Ann. Good to have it bumped to the top the whole time so more people see it. Maybe we can get this thread pumping.  Shocked

Good job to the team keeping the thread active this is how projects should be run.
glad to see you with us!
Thoor

Activity: 45

View Profile
June 24, 2019, 08:59:37 AM

If I do not keep XLM in my wallet before the snapshot of the network, I will not receive coins?
stellar_shark (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
June 24, 2019, 10:55:14 AM

If I do not keep XLM in my wallet before the snapshot of the network, I will not receive coins?
Yes, you must keep in your personal XLM wallet
stellar_shark (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
June 24, 2019, 03:09:10 PM

Yes, you must keep in your personal XLM wallet
All XLM holders will be entitled to free XLK coins at a 1:1 ratio.
To get free XLK you need to import your XLM wallet in: https://sharkwallet.org/
if you hold XLM on the exchange or another wallet, you need to transfer XLM to https://stellar.org/account-viewer and import wallet to https://sharkwallet.org/
Vaoor

Activity: 11

View Profile
June 24, 2019, 06:11:20 PM

Very easy to use wallet, what other features will be in it?
stellar_shark (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
June 24, 2019, 06:38:58 PM

Very easy to use wallet, what other features will be in it?
read white paper there all the functions are listed!
Behalion

Activity: 19

View Profile
June 24, 2019, 10:05:32 PM

Great project, waiting for a live broadcast from the developers!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: