Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 11:46:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BlackCoin (BC) expected to get higher with its price  (Read 3363 times)
jonnysomething

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 11:35:33 PM

I'm very interested in BlackCoin - it's found a way to be self-sustainable without having the market flooded with coins. It may have no place now, but if it holds it's value for more than a month then something might happen. That's why you should hold. If you think that dumping your coins and trying to find another one to make a quick profit off of helps crypto, you're wrong.

As long as the dev doesn't dump and run, this coin could actually do something.
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 11:39:11 PM

On April 14th, one month from now.  You're speculating that BC will be equal to or higher than .00001600 BTC/BC one month from now.  I'm speculating that it will be lower.  Really not feasible without a 3rd party, as you're trusting the opposite end of the deal to hold their end of the bargain.

Let's say on April 14th, the price is 800 satoshis. Then I would send you 1 BTC?
And if the price is 2400 satoshis, you would send me 1 BTC?
What if the price is 16000 satoshis?

I'm surprised no such platform has emerged yet to support coin futures.

It would seem that such feature would give even more motivation for people to spread fud and lies. Not sure if it would be a good thing.
Hollowman338
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 11:43:04 PM

On April 14th, one month from now.  You're speculating that BC will be equal to or higher than .00001600 BTC/BC one month from now.  I'm speculating that it will be lower.  Really not feasible without a 3rd party, as you're trusting the opposite end of the deal to hold their end of the bargain.

Let's say on April 14th, the price is 800 satoshis. Then I would send you 1 BTC?

It would seem that such feature would give even more motivation for people to spread fud and lies. Not sure if it would be a good thing.

No, you still send me 2 BTC, paying 1600 satoshis per blackcoin regardless of price.  If Blackcoin is at 800 satoshis, you'd be paying 2 BTC for 1 BTC worth of blackcoin.  Then again, if the price is 4800 satoshis per BC one month from now, I still have to sell you 125k BC @ 1600 satoshis.  You'll get 6 BTC worth of blackcoin for 2 BTC.
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 11:48:52 PM

No, you still send me 2 BTC, paying 1600 satoshis per blackcoin regardless of price.  If Blackcoin is at 800 satoshis, you'd be paying 2 BTC for 1 BTC worth of blackcoin.  Then again, if the price is 4800 satoshis per BC one month from now, I still have to sell you 125k BC @ 1600 satoshis.  You'll get 6 BTC worth of blackcoin for 2 BTC.

Ok now I get it how it could be done, thanks for explaining. Smiley
master-P

Activity: 868
Merit: 1001

https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 11:38:47 PM

What sets this BlackCoin apart from the next CloneCoin pump-and-dump?

There are lots of things, .just check out the main thread.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=469640.0

It the first PoW/PoS coin, now fully PoS.
It has 1% interest (witch is far better then for example 20%) because it is only 1% inflation instead of 20%.
It has 0% premine, with great and active community.
The coins are rather fairly distributed unlike NXT, check the top 100 richest adresses.

Oh and the best part: it is still massively undervalued even with the latest rises.
The coin was being selled at 3000 sat while the PoW was in progress wich is double the price from now.

Yeah, and BBQ coin was undervalued after I dumped every 2k BBQs for 1 BTC.

In fact, it's even dropped in value 10-fold since then.

And we had a great community too Wink

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
Guide on How to Sign a Message
Hollowman338
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 09:43:39 AM

Never did have any takers. Cheesy

A futures market really would put a bullet in the head of all of this pump and dump bullshit.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: