Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 09:17:08 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Libra the Ethereum + Ripple + EOS + TRON + .... killer?  (Read 1332 times)
Febo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
June 21, 2019, 01:08:20 PM

I think Libra was created for a different purpose, and Facebook's big names do not necessarily have a significant and miraculous effect on Libra, they still need proof

Facebook's name can have a significant and miraculous effect on anything. The have huge marketing machinery and can cut off anyone they want from most marketing channels.  Do you believe XRP bots can fight Facebook?
josephdd1

Activity: 1358
Merit: 513

View Profile
June 21, 2019, 10:09:07 PM

If paypal is partnering with them Libra might not be used for gambling, that's ain't the selling point of real coin. And I read this in a related facebook coin thread that Libra may probably be reversible just like paypal. That's yet not a confirmed information but I got that hunch too. These points may not be a characteristic of a coin that will kill ETH, EOS and TRON. These 3 are in the major success in the making and Libra is just one that will compete these 3.

Can you tell me who said anything about Paypal here? They are not even among the 28 founding companies that are supposed to run the masternodes.

Facebook's name can have a significant and miraculous effect on anything. The have huge marketing machinery and can cut off anyone they want from most marketing channels.  Do you believe XRP bots can fight Facebook?

Well its already driven up the prices to near $10k levels..
slashz9

Activity: 1554
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 21, 2019, 10:40:13 PM

its a will be competition for all crypto coin, i mean they will compete to give their best.
and its a good feedback for crypto, more attract to people to join crypto.
but libra will not kill ethereum,eos,ripple easily because they already exist longtime,but in crypto everything can be possible lets see  Wink
Perfect35

Activity: 854
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2019, 11:52:20 PM

It will be hard to a coin that is just coming in newly to surpass other existing coins. All the mentioned coins are still being developed and it is not as if work has ended on them. Therefore, the more the development and updates that are propagated, the higher their growth.
Libra coin is just like every other coin. Well, if t features are very much unique, it will grow, but it will also meet other strong competitors.
jcarlo

Activity: 798

View Profile
June 22, 2019, 01:02:17 AM

Is Libra the Ethereum + Ripple + EOS + TRON + ....   killer?

https://developers.libra.org/docs/assets/papers/the-libra-blockchain.pdf

From paper we see what they try to do and is a combination of coins I mentioned. Can they survive in a war against Facebook?

I think Libra coin was created only for transactions on the Facebook platform even though it might be traded on a cryptocurrency exchanger. And also I'm sure in time Libra Coin will have partnertship with some good altcoins
sherenikaw

Activity: 630

rocket.hashbon.com

View Profile
June 22, 2019, 02:21:22 AM

I really don't have any big idea for now because we don't know what exactly will be handled and headed by Libra in the future.
however, this may be big rivals for them, but not the killer. I believe that ETH and Ripple still become top altcoins and they have a big community, volume, and value.

HASHBON ROCKET
CDEX-CROSS-CHAIN DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE PLATFORM
TOKENS FOR BITCOINTALK USERS FOR SIGNATURES! ANN TREAD ! WHITEPAPER ! LITEPAPER !
fosco333

Activity: 1260
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2019, 11:51:15 AM

Not really a killer, just another competitor of top coins. Libra won't go to the top position without a good adoption.
This will be only a hype that created by some peoples because facehook connected to Libra coin.

semes

Activity: 713
Merit: 31

View Profile
June 22, 2019, 12:00:32 PM

From paper we see what they try to do and is a combination of coins I mentioned. Can they survive in a war against Facebook?

Libra is not interested in any coins or altcoins. It's just a threat to the system itself. If the Libra will be successful, someone may come up and say that decentralization is unnecessary. Other than that, it is nothing more than a simple and central stable coin.
akitha

Activity: 742

View Profile
June 22, 2019, 02:29:56 PM

for me its a no! though libra coin is a stable coin of facebook it does not mean that its the killer of those coin that you listed.. libra is on hype because of facebook, lets see what it can do to the people and how can benefit it

Kucink

Activity: 264
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 22, 2019, 02:32:14 PM

why you so believe with this Libra facebook coin.
i don't see a special innovative or something surprize in this.
and i think ETH and BNB much better than it, don't too over believe with this because facebook brand.
look with your research and analisys first.

HASHBON ROCKET
CDEX-CROSS-CHAIN DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE PLATFORM

TOKENS FOR BITCOINTALK USERS FOR SIGNATURES! ANN TREAD ! WHITEPAPER ! LITEPAPER !
travwill

Activity: 1313
Merit: 278

View Profile
June 22, 2019, 04:58:19 PM

I don’t understand the origin of such questions. Explain to me how a stable coin can compete with such projects. Libra will be an alternative to electronic money, but not to cryptocurrency.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████
██                ▄▄▄███████▄▄                 ██
██             ▄███▀▀        ▀▀▄               ██
██▄▄███████▀  ███▀                             ██
██▀█▄▄       ███▀   ▐███████▄    ▄██▄          ██
██  ▀███▄▄▄ ███▌    ▐██    ██    ▀██▀          ██
██      ▀▀█████▌    ▐███████▀           ▀▀██▄▄ ██
██          ███▌    ▐██ ▄▄▄                 ▀████
██           ███▄   ▐██  ▀██▄ ▀▀▀███████████▀▀ ██
██            ████▄             ▄█▀            ██
██             ▀████▄▄▄     ▄▄██▀              ██
██                ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀                ██
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
VIRTUAL WORLDS
BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
D I S C O R D     
M E D I U M     
G I T B O O K     
Febo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
June 22, 2019, 07:25:58 PM

I don’t understand the origin of such questions. Explain to me how a stable coin can compete with such projects. Libra will be an alternative to electronic money, but not to cryptocurrency.

Money had to be fungible permissionless and decentralized. Libra is not but will directly compete with this all those centralized asset platforms I mentioned.
jalxyx

Activity: 506
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 12:51:42 PM

I think Libra was created for a different purpose, and Facebook's big names do not necessarily have a significant and miraculous effect on Libra, they still need proof
thats on the whitepapper, and i believe the purpose of libra is to make transaction more easily and not any crypto asset

INTERFINEX [ Bill ] DeFi
The future of decentralised finance
https://interfinex.io/
josephdd1

Activity: 1358
Merit: 513

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 01:42:21 PM

Libra coin couldn't kill Bitcoin, Ethereum and Ripple and Libra is another stable coin. Facebook is popular, huge people will support libra coin.

Libra is not a stablecoin. Read the whitepaper here : https://libra.org/en-US/white-paper/
The coin would be 'protected' against negative swings and not the positive ones.  It is simply an overhyped masternode coin..
Nightz

Activity: 1302
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 09:25:48 PM

I just read a statement from some US legal person who says that she wants to do everything in her power to stop Facebook from launching Libracoin.
Twinkledoe

Activity: 1904
Merit: 138

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 09:33:00 PM

why you so believe with this Libra facebook coin.
i don't see a special innovative or something surprize in this.
and i think ETH and BNB much better than it, don't too over believe with this because facebook brand.
look with your research and analisys first.

It is being overhyped because the company or individuals behind it is very popular and the partner companies are very well-known as well. Take a quick look at this on their website and see on your own that they are getting solid partnerships with popular and established companies.

But I don't think it will be a killer of the mentioned platforms by the OP. Libra has different purpose than eth, xrp, eos or tron.
katerina5643

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2019, 09:01:57 AM

hi, guys!
i was really surprised with the news that facebook's gonna provide all people kinda general-purpose stable coin.
in my ind its really cool idea that will completely change world of cryptocurrency.
also recently i've read read related article. u can check it. https://finance.yahoo.com/news/facebook-inc-fb-wants-more-220415665.html
ophyrim

Activity: 994
Merit: 391

View Profile
June 25, 2019, 09:34:18 AM

Many people buy and invest altcoins because they are high-profit potential. They don't care about technology or ecosystems or market etc.
Libra is a stable coin and even if the technology is better (!!!) than ETH, XRP etc... many people will not invest in a fiat stable coin.
beeelzebub

Activity: 602
Merit: 101

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2019, 09:36:17 AM

To my understanding libra is not going to compete with these cryptocurrencies. they will compete in a very different section of cryptocurrency.

guoyu78

Activity: 1190
Merit: 541

View Profile
June 25, 2019, 10:01:07 AM

It would have been able to successfully compete with them with some of the things they have In their whitepaper, but it seems to me like they are coming with as stable coin, with a little bit different strategy to what stable coins are doing, so if there is going to be coins that Facebook will compete with, it will be some of these stable coins which are not that much for Facebook to really topple them.

Another thing I just see that will make it get more relevance is the proof of stake I think they also introduced, who doesn’t like reward, with that, people would be more interested in it at a point, but with all these, I still do not completely see the possibility.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: