Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 01:31:35 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Libra the Ethereum + Ripple + EOS + TRON + .... killer?  (Read 1332 times)
tins

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 25, 2019, 10:51:06 AM

A lot of people say this over and over, but I find Libra has a mechanism that is not like the blockchain, and that makes me think that it goes the other way, not like ETH, EOS or TRON.
republicrypto

Activity: 1414
Merit: 252

Keep it Simple guys :)

View Profile
June 25, 2019, 12:17:27 PM

I just read a statement from some US legal person who says that she wants to do everything in her power to stop Facebook from launching Libracoin.

wow,,,
can you show me the link to the statement from this US legal person mate ?
because i would like to know the reason, why this guy want to stop this libracoin
regards
Khuongcute2503

Activity: 256
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2019, 12:28:57 PM

Libra is not as dangerous as everyone thinks. Libra will contribute to boosting the development of the market.
Libra is just a Stablecoin. It does not pose any danger. It was born to serve the purposes of FB.
trickyriky

Activity: 882
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 25, 2019, 07:00:28 PM

I think Libra was created for a different purpose, and Facebook's big names do not necessarily have a significant and miraculous effect on Libra, they still need proof

The investors of Ripple start to expect that the management of Ripple Labs can sell most of its coins, which will lead to a sharp collapse of the XRP rate. It cannot be a danger for Bitcoin. Libra will be a stable coin, which will be used mostly for online operations (including sell/buy stuff and even salary for the company representatives). Ethereum proved it is not a threat.
atliens99

Activity: 392
Merit: 13

View Profile
June 25, 2019, 07:52:59 PM

Doubtful it will kill those coins but it might take a large marketshare from bitcoin if the masses decide to use it on the Facebook Platform.
FLHippy

Activity: 784
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 25, 2019, 08:52:03 PM

No.
It is smart-contract platform, but I think that developers will have a problem with the freedom that can´t be offered by Libra. On Ethereum you are free, not regulated and so on.  Smiley

WHALES HEAVEN
Custody-free Swapping Platform
◈  ────────  Reddit ⬝  BountyWebsiteTelegramTwitterGitHub  ────────  ◈
sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1128

"CoinPoker.com"

View Profile
June 26, 2019, 05:09:05 AM

Can they survive in a war against Facebook?

That's up to us, we are the one making the future of crypto.
Bitcoin is not the superb one in terms of used case or technology, but it still remains in the number 1 and even the most dominant currency, so I'm saying, Libra is not gonna destroy all the coins you've mentioned, they'll probably grow but this market will also grow and that results to increase of adoption.
I partially agree with you on this, without us, there will be no cryptocurrency market, and even if it exist, it will become dormant, but still the same time, the power to attract us lies with the project, Most especially the product they are coming up with, if the product is a solid one, and we see it to be more beneficial to us than other altcoins, then it is possible that Facebook coin supersede other altcoins.

The benefits in these cryptocurrency is what we all are after, and if their coin can proof to be more beneficial to us in term of investment and utility, then their only imitation would be Bitcoin, which makes it possible for them to be sitting right next to Bitcoin.

styca

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

View Profile
June 26, 2019, 05:39:33 AM

No, Libra won't damage ETH or XRP. They are different coins with completely different purposes. ETH has smart contracts, XRP is designed specifically for fast low fee transfers.
Libra is just a coin to spread Facebook's reach into payments, maybe with one eye on what WeChat are doing.
I can't see them trying to replace the functionality of any other coin, they're not after a particular segment of the crypto market, what they are trying is to replace the dollar.
cahbagus555

Activity: 756
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 26, 2019, 05:49:43 AM

Is Libra the Ethereum + Ripple + EOS + TRON + ....   killer?

https://developers.libra.org/docs/assets/papers/the-libra-blockchain.pdf

From paper we see what they try to do and is a combination of coins I mentioned. Can they survive in a war against Facebook?

Maybe Libra Coin will be a strong competitor for established altcoins. But I think Libra Coin won't put Ethereum or EOS because of its different usage and different purpose. Libra Coin will be used by facebook member
puertorikosena

Activity: 742
Merit: 121

View Profile
June 26, 2019, 06:13:33 AM

This coin is different from other cryptocurrencies and can not compete with them, because it has a different purpose. But the appearance of the Libra somo coin will have a positive impact on the development of the cryptocurrency market.
VanDeinsberg12

Activity: 1540
Merit: 507

View Profile
June 26, 2019, 06:29:31 AM

I just read a statement from some US legal person who says that she wants to do everything in her power to stop Facebook from launching Libracoin.
She was feeling worry if the implementation of the libra coin will open a lot of people's mind about how good the blockchain and crypto is. But i thought that it's much better if facebook try to re-planning about the launch of its crypto. Majority of US regulators are not feeling happy to see that

.......[url]CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS...........[URL].....►  C O M I N G   S O O N.....

Activity: 438
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 26, 2019, 06:35:22 AM

I really think LIBRA will do more good to the entire crypto market, rather than being a threat. I don't think ETH, TRX, and other existing projects have anything to worry about since Libra cryptocurrency will be a stable coin and its more centralized comparatively. Well this calls for more development progress for existing crypto projects.
I agree, Libra's presence will create a new wave for the electronic money market. Facebook is a big company and they know how to carry out media and advertising. People should be happy because the Libra coin appears on the market instead of worrying about it.

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
Apes

Activity: 1316
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 26, 2019, 06:53:36 AM

Libra will be very easy to kill their competitors. and with the  large companies influence behind Libra Coin, many countries will likely change regulations that have limited to the cryptocurrency. I believe their technology and ecosystem will surpass the achievement of cryptocurrency predecessor.
Nightz

Activity: 1302
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 26, 2019, 07:41:59 PM

She was feeling worry if the implementation of the libra coin will open a lot of people's mind about how good the blockchain and crypto is. But i thought that it's much better if facebook try to re-planning about the launch of its crypto. Majority of US regulators are not feeling happy to see that

It is not easy to estimate how Facebook will do all this. The woman was afraid of the control that Facebook could significantly extend. Frankly speaking, she isn't wrong about that and we don't know what the future brings.
Febo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
June 29, 2019, 06:01:21 PM

Yes. There is almost a year since Libra is announced to launch, but I am sure it will take way longer. Many will oppose it. Many will also call to ban it after launch it. And many will ban it. But Libra coin will be a reality for everyone to accept at the end.
halpi

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2019, 06:59:50 PM

lol.
why do people consider Libra as crypto killer?
the best explanation of libra - troyan horse with Bitcoin inside. no way it will kill something.

▬▬[  AssetStream.co  ] ▬▬ [ The Global Decentralized Peer To Peer Microfinance Platform] ▬
▌ Replacing Intermediaries With Blockchain Technology▐
▬▬  PUBLIC PRE SALE  - MAY 27th | Twitter | Telegram | Reddit | Medium | ANN Thread | Facebook ▬▬
Nightz

Activity: 1302
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 29, 2019, 07:30:17 PM

lol.
why do people consider Libra as crypto killer?
the best explanation of libra - troyan horse with Bitcoin inside. no way it will kill something.

There is also not any point in that agrumntation because Bitcoin is decentralized and Libra is not!
CryptoAlphaStar

Activity: 574
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 29, 2019, 08:47:28 PM

I think that Libra is the killer of everything else except Bitcoin, and privacy coins like Zcash and Monero.
The network effects of Libra are just tremendous. If I can use Libra for my day-to-day expenditures, Bitcoin for a hedge and store of value and Zcash/Monero for stuff I dont want to be knows, then why would I need anything else?
giletto

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 29, 2019, 09:26:51 PM

Is Libra the Ethereum + Ripple + EOS + TRON + ....   killer?

https://developers.libra.org/docs/assets/papers/the-libra-blockchain.pdf

From paper we see what they try to do and is a combination of coins I mentioned. Can they survive in a war against Facebook?

I read where Changpeng Zhao of Binance had a meeting with Libra to become one of its pioneers node validators. Libra might actually be bigger than what it's tokens statics as a stable coin suggests. We can only evaluate its impact on other blockchain projects after fill launch

█████
                       █████████████
                    █████████████
                ██████████████        █████
             █████████████        ████████████
         ██████████████        █████████████
      █████████████        █████████████       ██████
      ██████████        ████████████           ██████
      ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
      ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
      ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
      █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
      █████████████       █████████████        ██████
      ██████████       █████████████           ██████
      ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
      ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
      ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
      ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
      ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
      ██████           █████████████       ██████████
      ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                █████████████       █████████████
             ████████████        █████████████
                 ████         ████████████
                          █████████████
                        ███████████
                           █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
gangem07

Activity: 598
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2019, 10:17:42 PM

I dont think it will happen because ethereum and any other alt has a strong potential  in the market and Libra coin is new in the market and it is difficult for libra to turn over the place of other coin even bitcoin,bitcoin is decentralized in the first place.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ▼  PUNKCOIN  ▼   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
The rebel under the cryptocurrencies - a different ERC20 project
 WebsiteReddit △  Twitter Whitepaper △  ANN Thread
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: