Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:34:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why was this recent downturn not surprising?  (Read 583 times)
bitserve
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1464

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
June 22, 2019, 01:29:51 PM

I think the OP got REKT and is already out of the game. He started selling before $8K.

19VBmRQVqrtNTGiwngZutwREagcKxJgVZM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
semobo

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146

View Profile
June 22, 2019, 05:19:44 PM

Its not a downtrent,its just correction made panic sellers to sell but now the prices are unstoppable again. Smiley
shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 10:44:17 AM

Its not a downtrent,its just correction made panic sellers to sell but now the prices are unstoppable again. Smiley

downtrend and correction are i think the same because both tackles price decline  but i dont think that this gives a reason for people to sell .

people will sell if they trully need the cash and they wouldnt really care if what is the status of the market  but the rest will sell if they see that the market is pumping hard .

the recent downturn is not surprising at all because this does happen at all times  . people are already used to it   .whats more surprising is the recent pump of bitcoin  .
Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 10:55:11 AM

downtrend and correction are i think the same because both tackles price decline  but i dont think that this gives a reason for people to sell .

people will sell if they trully need the cash and they wouldnt really care if what is the status of the market  but the rest will sell if they see that the market is pumping hard .

the recent downturn is not surprising at all because this does happen at all times  . people are already used to it   .whats more surprising is the recent pump of bitcoin  .
The downfall seems to be a part now of the daily life of most investors and traders, having that much experiences allowed them to see this as a normal
cycle so only those who are in need or those who already seen enough will sell out, but for those who are using spare money it's best to keep your coin
on hold and wait for another cycle to see much higher value of your investment.
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 10:11:05 PM

Price at time of OP: $9,078
Price high today (so far): $11,284
OP's last post: June 19, 2019

REKT

There's a lesson to be learned here.....don't call the top based on the price dipping a few %. That usually doesn't end well.

Those who successfully peddle paid services usually do this instead: make private calls using timestamps and screenshots, then post the successful ones after the fact. The OP couldn't even get that right. Roll Eyes

Twinkledoe

Activity: 1904
Merit: 138

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 10:18:39 PM

I just published a whole research paper for my clients yesterday predicting a drop based on the cash flow and the recent hash rate drop .

I protect my clients, so I will not disclose any information that they paid for. But I will say that it came from understanding the basic fundamentals of how bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies work. Cash flow monitoring is how any modern company is valued. I provide that for my clients using hard data.

I plan on telling them my expected exit price, but only after I factor in the degree of hash rate drops correlated with the efficiency of previous bitcoin mining machines. I will do this in order to find the optimal profit exit point for the miners (whales). I do the work.

sigh.....another noob who thinks future price can be extrapolated from hash rate and miner costs. your premise defies logic and the entire design of the system. hash rate follows price, not the other way around. nobody gives a shit what miners pay, and miners represent a smaller and smaller share of total supply everyday.

If you want to keep following people that draw lines from random points and feed you nonsense like Fibonacci numbers be my guest, enjoy swimming with the fish. Any moron can draw a line between point A and point B and make it fit any agenda. Enjoy being told what just happened and being led into traps by unknowledgeable people making false correlations.

If you want to watch what the whales are doing I am here to help. This is just the beginning of the fall.

at least we can judge TA on its face. you have zero evidence for what you're promising. don't be surprised if no one takes you seriously here. old timers know that you're selling snake oil.

i look forward to revisiting this thread in a few weeks. Wink

Downturn?

You mean the small dip we’re currently experiencing. Even a drop to 8k from here would be normal Bitcoin behaviour.

seriously. price dipped 5%. it already retraced 50% in the last few hours. he's acting like the price was just cut in half.

REKT

There's a lesson to be learned here.....don't call the top based on the price dipping a few %. That usually doesn't end well.

Those who successfully peddle paid services usually do this instead: make private calls using timestamps and screenshots, then post the successful ones after the fact. The OP couldn't even get that right. Roll Eyes

The OP seems he doesn't really know the nature of bitcoin and he's doing his analysis wrongly. Now, what would be his analysis that we already touched the $11k-mark of bitcoin? Will his perception be totally different as compared from the time he created this post? But anyway, this will serve a good lesson for him in terms of dealing with cryptocurrency especially bitcoin.
cocoadreamboy (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2019, 09:21:06 PM

I think the OP got REKT and is already out of the game. He started selling before $8K.

I didn't start my short until ~9.3 with my average around 10k. I am still much short due to the fact that at 13,700 the bitcoin market will need $23.4 million/day to support that price, and quite frankly that is unfeasible long term.

Become a subscriber if you want to watch me "get rekt", my personal portfolio is public to my clients

https://www.amsinger.org

I'm keeping this post up so that I can promote the idea after the market does its proper correction.

Aaron

Only morons who don't keep sufficient cash reserves "get REKT" lol

I virgin. I pure boy! I dicboy!
cocoadreamboy (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2019, 09:23:53 PM

The OP seems he doesn't really know the nature of bitcoin and he's doing his analysis wrongly. Now, what would be his analysis that we already touched the $11k-mark of bitcoin? Will his perception be totally different as compared from the time he created this post? But anyway, this will serve a good lesson for him in terms of dealing with cryptocurrency especially bitcoin.

It is not about perception. It is about reality. @ $9300 when I wrote this originally bitcoin would need 16.7 million dollars of new investment/ day. That was unsustainable. Currently at ~13k it is EVEN more unsustainable. If you want to understand risk and avoid risky buys consider becoming a client. There is no need for emotion in investing:

Pure calculations are much better,

Aaron

WinslowIII

Activity: 308
Merit: 35

View Profile
June 26, 2019, 09:32:56 PM

It is not about perception. It is about reality. @ $9300 when I wrote this originally bitcoin would need 16.7 million dollars of new investment/ day. That was unsustainable. Currently at ~13k it is EVEN more unsustainable. If you want to understand risk and avoid risky buys consider becoming a client. There is no need for emotion in investing:

Pure calculations are much better,

Aaron

You are completely clueless on bitcoin price correlation to incoming money. Completely. Clueless.
Why don't you go find another forum to share your opinions - maybe a gaming or knitting forum?
cocoadreamboy (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2019, 09:33:09 PM

REKT

The only lesson to be learned is how to properly short, which you can learn on my website as a client. My average short is at around ~10K (layered shorts). I reserved enough cash to be safe until btc hit $23K to avoid the squeeze. With bitcoin now at 12k from its peak at 13.8k, I'm 20% away from being profitable on this short, and in bitcoin with 50% up weeks, I don't think it is too crazy to expect a pretty severe correction.

Check out my site, and know your risk:

https://www.amsinger.org/sample-analysis

Aaron

cocoadreamboy (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2019, 09:36:06 PM

You are completely clueless on bitcoin price correlation to incoming money. Completely. Clueless.
Why don't you go find another forum to share your opinions - maybe a gaming or knitting forum?

I use data and numbers to understand how financial markets work. What do you use? dreams and wonderment? fear?

Definitely no numbers if you think this price is sustainable. My clients understood this well ahead of time, my clients are getting ready to make excellent buys at the bottom. Not the imaginary bottom of your feelings, but the real financial bottom of the market as spoken by data and numbers.

Hope you aren't too mad my friend, but this is how bitcoin works.

Aaron

WinslowIII

Activity: 308
Merit: 35

View Profile
June 26, 2019, 09:43:10 PM

I use data and numbers to understand how financial markets work. What do you use? dreams and wonderment? fear?

Definitely no numbers if you think this price is sustainable. My clients understood this well ahead of time, my clients are getting ready to make excellent buys at the bottom. Not the imaginary bottom of your feelings, but the real financial bottom of the market as spoken by data and numbers.

Hope you aren't too mad my friend, but this is how bitcoin works.

Aaron

So if you are so great at this, why was your analysis so GD far off? this thread is an embarassing fail, not sure why you still return to it.
Even at the time you posted it nobody knew wtf downturn you were talking about. Find another hobby or stick around, but either way stop spewing your worthless opinions here - you embarass yourself with your stupidity.
cocoadreamboy (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2019, 10:04:18 PM

So if you are so great at this, why was your analysis so GD far off? this thread is an embarassing fail, not sure why you still return to it.
Even at the time you posted it nobody knew wtf downturn you were talking about. Find another hobby or stick around, but either way stop spewing your worthless opinions here - you embarass yourself with your stupidity.

No need to cuss. It is hardly embarrassing. I need to claim my advantage before an impending crash. So I was a week early, what do you want from me. It was going to happen soon due to the numbers that I and my clients see.

I needed to say something and get a conversation started. Everyone who commented was high on emotions and used ZERO data to refute me. I just had to wait till my prediction came true. These high prices are unsustainable due to the very nature of bitcoin. I know this and my clients know this.

I try to help people avoid buying at 13k, because what are you actually buying?

Use my site and me to understand what bitcoin actually is. I've been in this game for 6 years. I have seen my fair share of bubbles lol

Aaron

cocoadreamboy (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2019, 10:28:14 AM

I just published a whole research paper for my clients yesterday predicting a drop based on the cash flow and the recent hash rate drop.

I protect my clients, so I will not disclose any information that they paid for. But I will say that it came from understanding the basic fundamentals of how bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies work. Cash flow monitoring is how any modern company is valued. I provide that for my clients using hard data.

Since you posted this, price has only risen. We just hit $9,800. Have you reassessed and changed your position, or are you doubling down and predicting more downside?

What went wrong with your "cash flow monitoring" and why didn't it see this move coming?

This guy want to continue to troll me so I am bumping this back up.

Aaron

nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
June 27, 2019, 10:27:53 PM

A drop from $12,850 USD to $10,800 USD is not something to worry. Its almost as normal as Bitcoins daily behavior. We have seen a big drop already in the past. Last November 2018 the price of Bitcoin dropped 36% from $6,399 USD to $4,086 USD in just a matter of days so a 15% drop is very much normal and not a reason to panic and sell everything that you have.
cocoadreamboy (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2019, 01:34:12 AM

A drop from $12,850 USD to $10,800 USD is not something to worry. Its almost as normal as Bitcoins daily behavior. We have seen a big drop already in the past. Last November 2018 the price of Bitcoin dropped 36% from $6,399 USD to $4,086 USD in just a matter of days so a 15% drop is very much normal and not a reason to panic and sell everything that you have.

It is not something to worry about because this current price is unsustainable for any amount of time and will continually take hits. I don't have to worry, but the poor suckers who bought at 13k have to worry a lot.

I don't worry because I have data and risk analysis. I never panic because I know the risk. This massive random price manipulation up 2 days ago tested my risk limits, but I designed my short to be able to withstand a squeeze up to 23k (which is highly doubtful would happen).

I know why the price dropped from $6400 to $4086 due to knowing the creation cost, and understanding how the bitcoin market works.

I offer this information for everyone to know here:

Please take a look, it is easy to understand your risk when you know the creation cost.

Aaron

P.S. I really just warn people about making high risk plays. Generally speaking it is not a good idea to play in the high risk pool. Unless you know something for a fact, then it isn't high risk it is utilizing insider information.

Cherylstar86

Activity: 1484
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 28, 2019, 01:51:51 AM

After the btc price had bounced ultimately, it doesn't have much effect to long term hodlers who've been following the trend since last 2018. That doesn't surprise us due to this trend usually happened a year ago and from 2017 until early 2018, before btc went to the top price this scenario still went the same.
figmentofmyass
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

View Profile
June 28, 2019, 11:48:33 PM

This massive random price manipulation up 2 days ago tested my risk limits, but I designed my short to be able to withstand a squeeze up to 23k (which is highly doubtful would happen).

you were short in the $8000s according to your other posts. are you still holding the same shorts? you're willing to risk several hundred % losses (presumably with leverage on top) on this trade?

what is your take profit target, if you don't mind me asking? $800 or something crazy like that? you must think we're going to sub-$1000 levels to justify this sort of risk, assuming you have a proper risk vs reward ratio.

cocoadreamboy (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2019, 09:22:17 AM

This massive random price manipulation up 2 days ago tested my risk limits, but I designed my short to be able to withstand a squeeze up to 23k (which is highly doubtful would happen).

you were short in the $8000s according to your other posts. are you still holding the same shorts? you're willing to risk several hundred % losses (presumably with leverage on top) on this trade?

what is your take profit target, if you don't mind me asking? $800 or something crazy like that? you must think we're going to sub-$1000 levels to justify this sort of risk, assuming you have a proper risk vs reward ratio.

My clients get to see my actual actions on my public portfolio. My portfolio serves as a demonstration presenting best trading practices. You can see a sample portfolio here:

https://www.amsinger.org/sample-analysis

To answer your question, I didn't begin my short until $9300 and I continued it up until 10,800. I added another one yesterday at 12.3. Only my clients know the current creation cost as I will be short to around 30% above that.

My risk was actually quite small on this. When you know the mechanics of bitcoin as well as the creation cost you are aware of the risk in all your actions. I don't have my head in the clouds dreaming about 50k btc. I know how the market works. I share that knowledge with my clients.

The price continues to fall, and overtime the numbers are proven right,

Aaron

Naida_BR

Activity: 980
Merit: 62

View Profile
June 29, 2019, 09:28:41 AM

I just published a whole research paper for my clients yesterday predicting a drop based on the cash flow and the recent hash rate drop.

Since you posted this, price has only risen. We just hit $9,800. Have you reassessed and changed your position, or are you doubling down and predicting more downside?

What went wrong with your "cash flow monitoring" and why didn't it see this move coming?

In general all this time we keep rising. If you see the whole picture there is not any downturn.
We just experienced a small correction this week but still Bitcoin price is still going up.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: