Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 05:56:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why drop in price when listed on exchange market?  (Read 1210 times)
Kemileye

Activity: 573
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 30, 2019, 05:09:48 PM

My own perspective about coins that drop drastically after exchange listing is the lack of good liquidity. Some projects get listed on exchanges that doesn't have good volumes. For instance, its very rare to see a project that get listed on binance exchange to dump because binance volume is huge and very high. Therefore, there is always huge demand for a coin that get listed on binance while coins that get listed on low volume exchanges will surely dump because the sellers will be more than buyers.

Oikos.cash      Decentralized Finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
     github  ◥ telegram   ◥ twitter   ◥ discord            synthetic asset trading  
                             ❱❱❱   JOIN OIKOS   ❰❰❰                     trustless token exchange  
nutriagrigia

Activity: 1270
Merit: 254

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
June 30, 2019, 05:20:25 PM

It is usually happens because some bounty hunter sales their token immediately no matter the price is , that is why the market dumped automatically.
The team don't give damn about the bounty hunters and their affords. I think it is right idea to sell the bounty rewards for the making profit after the news about getting listed on the exchanges.
Why immediately sell the coins of the project which you are advertising? After all, surely before you participate in the bounty,  you are studying the project and understand its prospects? If you are doing like this then it is better to hold tokens and not to sell

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
Yalovtsev

Activity: 644
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2019, 05:46:03 PM

There are several factors to this,the situation on the market at the moment when there is a listing of tokens on the exchange,how the team behaves,they do not merge tokens to specifically lower the price,there are large investors who bought at a discount of 50% begin to pour a special token into the bottom,and then buy it at the bottom for a penny,in short in one word-the REASON IS the HUMAN FACTOR!!!

Stanlo

Activity: 952
Merit: 110

View Profile
June 30, 2019, 05:55:01 PM

Its bad management from the teams that drags down token value when hits the exchange ,many teams gives out too much of bonuses when presales are on and many projects have no real working product backing their tokens
aundroid
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1247

View Profile
June 30, 2019, 06:19:57 PM

Its bad management from the teams that drags down token value when hits the exchange ,many teams gives out too much of bonuses when presales are on and many projects have no real working product backing their tokens
I agree with you on that point.
I also think that the biggest dump after an exchange listing is generated by early investors, who in most cases have received enormous bonuses.
And not the 3% bounty tokens, of which only a few percent decide to dump those.

►►►     MY TOPICS     ◄◄◄
➤ Blockchain Basics - FAQ DE    ➤ [Guide] Protect your Crypto: Security tips for your home computer & network DE | EN    ➤ Crypto SCAM - HowTo protect yourself EN    ➤ [CHECKLISTE] zur Bewertung von ICOs  DE
➤ [Overview] Exchanges, IEOs and their ROIs DE | EN   ➤ [Howto] Use Ledger Nano as Security Key DE | EN    ➤ [OVERVIEW] Recommended Crypto Telegram Bots  DE | EN    ➤ [Overview] GUI Miner DE | EN
➤ Activity, Merit und Ranganforderungen im Forum DE    ➤ Alternativen zu Piggy's Notification Bot DE    ➤ [Howto] Give Bitcoin as a gift  DE | EN
Carreuh

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 30, 2019, 06:40:31 PM

That's right, your statement, most coins go down after being registered in the exchange market even though this doesn't happen on all coins, but even though there is a price decline after being registered in the exchange there is a possibility that the price of the coin will rise again in the future, because they control  the coin wants more to buy the coin so that the coin will have good potential in the future

Nightz

Activity: 1302
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 03, 2019, 11:53:12 AM

That's right, your statement, most coins go down after being registered in the exchange market even though this doesn't happen on all coins, but even though there is a price decline after being registered in the exchange there is a possibility that the price of the coin will rise again in the future, because they control  the coin wants more to buy the coin so that the coin will have good potential in the future

It happens for more and more coins also because teams might pretend their ICO sold out and then they themselves dump the tokens which have never been sold in the first place.
maldini

Activity: 952
Merit: 308

View Profile
July 03, 2019, 12:09:43 PM

It actually depends on the particular project. There were several projects whose coins/tokens pumped as soon as they are admitted on exchanges. That means the fundamentals of their projects are good and that there are interested investors and supporters or even users of their products who are ready to buy their coins/tokens from the exchanges. What is sad is that majority of the new projects have nothing special in them. Even ICO investors who bought at a much cheaper price and got some bonuses during the ICO are waiting for an opportunity to dump. That finally happens when the exchanges list the coins/tokens. 

True, it actually depends on the project itself, if the project has a good view on investors, maybe the pump will be real when it is listed on the exchange. I see harmony, even though they run the IEO, but harmony has full trust from investors, so yesterday the price can increase many times.
Firefoxx
Copper Member

Activity: 280
Merit: 5

View Profile
July 03, 2019, 12:17:30 PM

This as been a question running through my mind always. All ICOs have their ICO price and sales price.  The ICO price is usually lesser than the market price (that is why people invest to make profit when its listed).
But this days when coin is listed the price drop drastically much more than ICO price which left the investors of no profit.
What could cause this drop when listed?
Let's hear our own though please.
difficult to ascertain, but In my own opinion I think most of this projects didn't pay market maker to hold the price, or they listed on that price. Also, it may be that there was a dumb, but by who is another question.  There is a lot of secret behind this.

[ IQ ]           cash            ▐               THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                          ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                         
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
rizkyfebrian213xx

Activity: 742
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 03, 2019, 12:22:29 PM

This question already frequently asked everywhere.. Not just on Bitcointalk , I've been seen on Telegram group too. So many try ask like , why price not same as ICO price , etc.
Well.. must to know first is not just us who have that coins/tokens. There was many people who have that.. Investors , developers , bounty hunter , airdrop , etc.
And second thing , Developers not controlling what price will be "starter price" on the exchanges. Its pure depends demand of that coins/tokens
Then , last thing in my opinion is ICO price not a "fixed price" for that coins/tokens on exchanges. Price of that coins/tokens on the exchange maybe can go above ICO price or below ICO price..
Mike Mayor

Activity: 966
Merit: 535

View Profile
July 03, 2019, 04:00:41 PM

Sometimes bounty hunters dump and the dump begins, then the investors follow out of fear and people rather "cut their losses" I guess sometimes over 50% of the distribution so far was dumped.
Another thing that happens is you buy up what bounty hunters sell and what fear investors sell and resell that later on for a nice turnover. If the project is good and has a use or reason for being then the price should naturally go up since the people who have dumped are now finished and everyone is buying back.

igor.vanyutin.83

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 03, 2019, 04:32:07 PM

There are two main reasons, why a token price is falling after the first listing. First of all, bounty hunters that have earned some tokens are likely to sell them, this causes dumps. Secondly, team members are unable to make new people buy their coins because of the lack of marketing and poor management.
CryptoIyke
Copper Member

Activity: 308
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2019, 05:02:01 PM

When coins are newly listed, there are a lot of players who would want to cash out quickly, those that are majority in this category are those who never made huge efforts in getting them or spending so much for them. This eventually results into dump, previously people tend to hold with the anticipation for profit but currently a lot of persons are impatient and do not hold anymore

jacafbiz

Activity: 2086
Merit: 530

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
July 03, 2019, 05:23:31 PM

There are two main reasons, why a token price is falling after the first listing. First of all, bounty hunters that have earned some tokens are likely to sell them, this causes dumps. Secondly, team members are unable to make new people buy their coins because of the lack of marketing and poor management.

I think you guys need to stop this argument of bounty hunters dumping their coins, how many projects release their tokens to bounty hunters even before listing on exchanges? To me what is happening is that people are becoming wise, one there is not strong fundamentals to support a project, they dump and move, even if BNB tokens start to show sign of weakness people will start dumping

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Coroline

Activity: 1092
Merit: 256

View Profile
July 03, 2019, 05:39:42 PM

This as been a question running through my mind always. All ICOs have their ICO price and sales price.  The ICO price is usually lesser than the market price (that is why people invest to make profit when its listed).
But this days when coin is listed the price drop drastically much more than ICO price which left the investors of no profit.
Unregistered projects in good exchanges and I think projects that have not been fully completed by investors are impatient waiting so that selling their tokens is too much sloping news from the project as development-led fraud causes the price of ico when the market enters down
budi12

Activity: 262
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 03, 2019, 05:41:37 PM

many coins experienced this ... and many opinions that I read ... especially to bounty hunters who sell coins from bounties at low prices ... because bounty hunters are considered to be just looking for a momentary and quick profit without thinking about the progress they have promotion since they took part in the bounty campaign ... and there are still other opinions such as listings in markets that are not many users ... and other reasons ...
Aptekary

Activity: 602

View Profile
July 03, 2019, 06:59:52 PM

many coins experienced this ... and many opinions that I read ... especially to bounty hunters who sell coins from bounties at low prices ... because bounty hunters are considered to be just looking for a momentary and quick profit without thinking about the progress they have promotion since they took part in the bounty campaign ... and there are still other opinions such as listings in markets that are not many users ... and other reasons ...
It is also necessary to answer this question, where do the developers get the price for the coin of their project?  Should start from something the starting price and at least the name of the real calculations of the cost of the coin.  It seems that some projects have initially inflated prices and therefore are very poorly listed on the market.
kram31

Activity: 791
Merit: 139

View Profile
July 03, 2019, 07:02:28 PM

This is a big factor in this community.
There are so many people saying that the downfall is due to bounty hunter though it is not as always.
lem me brimng one good example... BITEX. those who participate in bounty are still crying because they made an agreement of 10% per month though until now they are not getting it as it is lock.
it is though private investors who deal the token so much cheap tell me then if i am wrong!!!
Kulitha

Activity: 644

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2019, 07:21:10 PM

I think because of there are so many new altcoins, investors are not much interesting about new listing altcoins. And also lot of new projects aren't quality ones. and another reason that because of low price of top coins, people are more focus to buy those ones without considering new coins.
eidoscore

Activity: 723
Merit: 106

STABILA [STB] - Decentralize The Financial System

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2019, 07:41:08 PM

True, it actually depends on the project itself, if the project has a good view on investors, maybe the pump will be real when it is listed on the exchange. I see harmony, even though they run the IEO, but harmony has full trust from investors, so yesterday the price can increase many times.
and one other factor is how many volume traded for the coin in exchanger, that's a really vlume or fake, and demand still best important point where this is the reason can make altcoin price moved down or up

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: