Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:14:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Iran shoots down a U.S. drone  (Read 873 times)
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 10:09:28 PM

International waters are 50 miles out. They're under Iranian jurisdiction and attempting to spy on them. The US were the first to declare war by going into their airspace...
otrkid1970 (OP)

Activity: 270
Merit: 17

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 10:11:43 PM

International waters are 50 miles out. They're under Iranian jurisdiction and attempting to spy on them. The US were the first to declare war by going into their airspace...

you're wrong 12 miles is the lands jurisdiction The drone crashed 20 miles out.  The straight of Hormuz is only 24 miles wide..
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 10:16:58 PM

It's still close enough to be considered spying. I doubt it was stationarily hovering either...
otrkid1970 (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 10:18:29 PM

It's still close enough to be considered spying. I doubt it was stationarily hovering either...
Iran has been long since a scourge on the world the sand fleas should be dealt with.
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 10:21:50 PM

Specifically?
otrkid1970 (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 10:24:13 PM

Specifically?

how many instances you need? Do you remember the hostages back in the 80's held for over a year? How about Irans wanting to destroy Israel and the U.S. need more?
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 10:36:00 PM

you're wrong 12 miles is the lands jurisdiction The drone crashed 20 miles out.  The straight of Hormuz is only 24 miles wide..

If the drone had it's transponder on, the track is easily available.  If it had the transponder off, it was up to no good and a threat which should not be tolerated.

The nation who was flying a drone without a transponder should be assumed to be in the wrong unless it is proven otherwise by independent third parties.

Interestingly, Iran is taking full credit even when Trump made a feeble attempt to downplay it.  Looks like Iran is sending out a message that they may have some capabilities which are not understood fully by their adversaries.  From what I hear, the U.S. has been keeping most of their ships safely OUT of the Persian Gulf as though they have a suspicion that they may be lost.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2019, 10:37:38 PM

Trump just tweeted that Iran made a big mistake.

I would presume the US military is going to respond. The US cannot let its enemy do what can only be described as an act of war and us not respond. If we do nothing, these types of attacks will continue and will possibly escalate.

Respond with missles and air strikes. No boots on the ground

The problem with this logic is that Iran is not ISIS, Afghanistan, or Iraq. They have advanced mobile weapons systems which they are adept at hiding. In order to secure the Hormuz Strait as a safe shipping lane, this NECESSITATES boots on the ground to acheive the task. Any air strikes will have limited and temporary effectiveness towards this goal.

We thought Iraqs army was going to do more too look what happened to it. I think Iran is a paper tiger

Are Russia and China paper tigers? They will get involved if there is an invasion.
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 10:39:43 PM

It's a bit late to react to something from the 80s. That's almost 40 years ago...

I don't think obliterating a country is the best way to resolve anything... We could get rid of all wars tomorrow if we just obliterate the world...
otrkid1970 (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 10:40:25 PM

Trump just tweeted that Iran made a big mistake.

I would presume the US military is going to respond. The US cannot let its enemy do what can only be described as an act of war and us not respond. If we do nothing, these types of attacks will continue and will possibly escalate.

Respond with missles and air strikes. No boots on the ground

The problem with this logic is that Iran is not ISIS, Afghanistan, or Iraq. They have advanced mobile weapons systems which they are adept at hiding. In order to secure the Hormuz Strait as a safe shipping lane, this NECESSITATES boots on the ground to acheive the task. Any air strikes will have limited and temporary effectiveness towards this goal.

We thought Iraqs army was going to do more too look what happened to it. I think Iran is a paper tiger

Are Russia and China paper tigers? They will get involved if there is an invasion.
Russia is too broke to be a major war. China is fed by the U.S. dollar neither will get involved.. They might bitch a littlle but not a shot fired.
otrkid1970 (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 10:42:06 PM

It's a bit late to react to something from the 80s. That's almost 40 years ago...

I don't think obliterating a country is the best way to resolve anything... We could get rid of all wars tomorrow if we just obliterate the world...

It shows a negative pattern of a country that is unwilling to adapt to something more than a ruthless regime.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 11:27:37 PM
Last edit: June 20, 2019, 11:43:06 PM by Spendulus

You should have told that to Obama when he reacted to the events between the US and Iran in the 1980s just a couple years ago.

And he reacted wrongly. Way, way wrongly.

If the drone had it's transponder on, the track is easily available.  If it had the transponder off, it was up to no good and a threat which should not be tolerated.

The nation who was flying a drone without a transponder .....

Says who? You?

Use of transponders is not that simply explained.
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 11:42:41 PM

If the drone had it's transponder on, the track is easily available.  If it had the transponder off, it was up to no good and a threat which should not be tolerated.

The nation who was flying a drone without a transponder .....

Says who? You?

Says anyone who cares about the safety of people using the airspace.  That's what transponders are for.  What kinds of activities would one be doing with their transponders turned off?  How long would a transponder-less spy craft be permitted to buzz around over the U.S. before it was neutralized (assuming it wasn't part of a self-inflicted false-flag operation like 9/11?)

Some people we know in that region are totally cool with switching off their transponders and hiding behind U.S. aircraft, Russian aircraft, and general civilian aircraft in order to get into position to launch an attack.  Some people consider that to be a cowardly tactic which puts innocent lives at risk while the perps seem to feel that it is a demonstration of their superior intellect.  They think, I guess, that nobody else would be 'smart' enough to think of such a thing.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
coins4commies

Activity: 952
Merit: 175

@cryptocommies

View Profile
June 21, 2019, 12:01:08 AM

Interestingly, Iran is taking full credit even when Trump made a feeble attempt to downplay it.  Looks like Iran is sending out a message that they may have some capabilities which are not understood fully by their adversaries.  From what I hear, the U.S. has been keeping most of their ships safely OUT of the Persian Gulf as though they have a suspicion that they may be lost.

This is supposed to be one the most advanced aircraft on the planet and Iran shot it down at 61,000 feet.  They have capabilities up to 81,000 feet.  This proves they can shoot down F-35 we just spent 1.5 trillion developing.  

Turns out the US spending is mostly just going to fill contractors pockets.  They do things all the time like charge 1 million for a 50,000 dollar part.  Could turn out that our adversaries capabilities have already matched ours with a fraction of the spending.  It would be poetic justice to see the US get smacked out of the Persian gulf region.  

Of course the other possibility is that the US wanted it to get shot down. 
PrimeNumber7
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1899

Amazon Prime Member #7

View Profile
June 21, 2019, 12:16:10 AM

If the drone had it's transponder on, the track is easily available.  If it had the transponder off, it was up to no good and a threat which should not be tolerated.
This is a spy plane, trying to spy on a hostile foreign nation. Of course the plane had its transponder off and of course it was up to no good. Spy planes/drones, well spy. if it was broadcasting its location, Iran would have been tipped off they were being watched, and their radio signals possibly intercepted, and would have the opportunity to try to impose countermeasures against being spied on.

A plane flying over international waters without a transponder on is not a threat and is free to fly under international law. Shooting down a plane traveling in international airspace is an act of war; this is true if the plane had its transponder on or off.
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2019, 12:20:04 AM

Interestingly, Iran is taking full credit even when Trump made a feeble attempt to downplay it.  Looks like Iran is sending out a message that they may have some capabilities which are not understood fully by their adversaries.  From what I hear, the U.S. has been keeping most of their ships safely OUT of the Persian Gulf as though they have a suspicion that they may be lost.

This is supposed to be one the most advanced aircraft on the planet and Iran shot it down at 61,000 feet.  They have capabilities up to 81,000 feet.  This proves they can shoot down F-35 we just spent 1.5 trillion developing.  

Turns out the US spending is mostly just going to fill contractors pockets.  They do things all the time like charge 1 million for a 50,000 dollar part.  Could turn out that our adversaries capabilities have already matched ours with a fraction of the spending.  It would be poetic justice to see the US get smacked out of the Persian gulf region.  

If the U.S. gets even partially chased out of the Middle East, it's the end of the US Dollar.  That means the end of life as we here in the U.S. know it.  Big changes everywhere in the world, but since we live more high on the hog, it will be totally life-changing for us.

I suspect that almost everyone all over the world is chaffing under the insult of being forced to support the U.S. via 'we' having the world reserve currency.  (Actually a set of unknown private bankers have it, but it's got U.S. written on the paper.)  I doubt that there will be very many tears shed almost anywhere if we went down.  Certainly I would expect very near zero support if we don't have either a stick to threaten people with or some goodies to buy people off with.  After a war with Iran we could well end up with neither.

Thank God we have held on to our guns.  Certain segments of our populations could, potentially, preserve some core values and a survivable quality of life since they could preserve law and order autonomously.

TooQik

Activity: 337
Merit: 258

View Profile
June 21, 2019, 12:35:29 AM

This is a spy plane, trying to spy on a hostile foreign nation. Of course the plane had its transponder off and of course it was up to no good. Spy planes/drones, well spy. if it was broadcasting its location, Iran would have been tipped off they were being watched, and their radio signals possibly intercepted, and would have the opportunity to try to impose countermeasures against being spied on.

A plane flying over international waters without a transponder on is not a threat and is free to fly under international law. Shooting down a plane traveling in international airspace is an act of war; this is true if the plane had its transponder on or off.

The whole point of a transponder is it allows identification of an aircraft, so by default any aircraft without an active transponder is a potential threat regardless of the airspace it occupies.

The bottom line here is it was an UAV designed solely for the purpose of surveillance which was shot down with no loss of human life. It's the equivalent to someone flying a drone with a camera over/near your property and filming you while you shoot it down with your shotgun.
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2019, 12:50:50 AM
Last edit: June 21, 2019, 01:01:15 AM by tvbcof

Iran is being attacked mercilessly by aircraft flying without transponders and is under direct threat of imminent attack of their soil.  Nobody even really denies that planning for an attack was the mission of this aircraft which was being operated by a belligerent as part of a military operation.

Under these conditions, and especially under sanctions which are by some legal definitions an act of war in and of themselves, I would say that Iran had every right to shoot down the aircraft even if it were in international airspace, but I doubt that it was.  What the U.S. says about it's location has zero value with me since they have proven time and time again to be chronic liars, and I suspect that Iran would probably only have fired at it if it were over their airspace.

It would be totally cool with me if Iran could take down satellites too and totally drive the U.S. military back to the U.S. territory where it belongs.  I'll bet that even if scum like the Zio-cuck Saudi monarchy love them some sheckles, the rest of the 99.5 percent of their nation's souls are don't and would happily bum rush the main source of grief in the Middle East and solve the problem.  Egypt same.  Turkey same.  After they take care of certain business at the top of their own countries first of course.

Edit:  I should add that I don't want to see ^^^ happen.  Mainly because these 'chosen people' would swarm over to my country and start demanding reparations from me, and our political leadership would gladly give them anything they demand.  And more!  I'm strongly in favor of a 'homeland' for the 'Jewish people' who are into that apartheid sort of thing...and one which is as far as possible away from me.  I'm just saying that I could see it working out that way.

HereNow

Activity: 56
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 21, 2019, 01:47:59 AM

The first thing that I thought about the way it was presented in the headlines here is if it's true or if it was a false flag. Because really, what does Iran gain by shooting down a US drone?

Some of these things never makes sense which makes one wonder.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 2339

View Profile
June 21, 2019, 03:55:43 AM

The first thing that I thought about the way it was presented in the headlines here is if it's true or if it was a false flag. Because really, what does Iran gain by shooting down a US drone?
The Iran government had admitted to shooting down the drone...
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: