Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:22:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [RESOLVED]  (Read 232 times)
xtraelv (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1924

฿ear ride on the rainbow slide

View Profile
June 22, 2019, 10:07:46 AM
Last edit: June 22, 2019, 11:54:51 AM by xtraelv

Why is it that if someone receives neutral trust from a DT1 or DT2 in my trust network and the user that got NEUTRAL trust only then gives POSITIVE trust to another user that user shows as having POSITIVE trust to me ?

i.e.

A is in my trust network and gives NEUTRAL trust to B

B now gives POSITIVE trust to C

C trusted  feedback shows as POSITIVE to me.

This could be a real issue for those that give neutrals as a downgrade from a negative.

We are surrounded by legends on this forum. Phenomenal successes and catastrophic failures. Then there are the scams. This forum is a digital museum.  
* The most iconic historic bitcointalk threads.* Satoshi * Cypherpunks*MtGox*Bitcointalk hacks*pHiShInG* Silk Road*Pirateat40*Knightmb*Miner shams*Forum scandals*BBCode*
Troll spotting*Thank you to madnessteat for my custom avatar hat.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AdolfinWolf
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427

View Profile
June 22, 2019, 10:18:42 AM
Last edit: June 22, 2019, 10:38:44 AM by AdolfinWolf

Because B is also in your trust network? That's the only reason i can think of?

Why would a negative or a neutral trust matter at all when the only factor of a trust rating showing is whether or not B is DT2/1 (or included on your trust list) or not?
Or am i missing something

if that's not the case, it seems like that would be a bug?

EDIT: I think i see what you mean. Jollygood received a positive trust from examplens,  and now his trust shows up as a trusted rating for me on my profile page, despite him not being in DT2 or me adding him to my trust list.

Thats... weird, right?

xtraelv (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2019, 10:36:20 AM

Because B is also in your trust network? That's the only reason i can think of?

Why would a negative or a neutral trust matter at all when the only factor of a trust rating showing is whether or not B is DT2/1 (or included on your trust list) or not?
Or am i missing something

if that's not the case, it seems like that would be a bug?

No - B was not in my trust network. I tested it by excluding A from my network and the trusted feedback on C disappeared.

The trusted feedback on C also disappeared when I distrusted B by using ~B

I noticed because C was already on my distrust list !

B was tagged neutral by A (DT2) for having numerous alt accounts.

We are surrounded by legends on this forum. Phenomenal successes and catastrophic failures. Then there are the scams. This forum is a digital museum.  
* The most iconic historic bitcointalk threads.* Satoshi * Cypherpunks*MtGox*Bitcointalk hacks*pHiShInG* Silk Road*Pirateat40*Knightmb*Miner shams*Forum scandals*BBCode*
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 16557

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2019, 10:54:33 AM
Last edit: June 22, 2019, 11:21:33 AM by LoyceV
Merited by dbshck (2), AdolfinWolf (1)

You may be underestimating the recursive implications of inclusions. I haven't updated in it a while, but see my Personal Full Trust Depth viewer for this.
Can you give the names of the users from your example to check their Trust inclusions?

EDIT: I think i see what you mean. Jollygood received a positive trust from examplens,  and now his trust shows up as a trusted rating for me on my profile page, despite him not being in DT2 or me adding him to my trust list.
Both are on DT2 (see the full list of users on DT1 and DT2).

Let's test this: if you give a neutral tag to LoyceBot, LoyceBot will give positive trust (to be deleted again later) to AdolfinWolf (sorry, you're now a test subject, just because you posted in this thread Tongue ).
LoyceBot is not on any custom Trust lists (full list here).

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
xtraelv (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2019, 11:11:52 AM

You may be underestimating the recursive implications of inclusions. I haven't updated in it a while, but see my Personal Full Trust Depth viewer for this.
Can you give the names of the users from your example to check their Trust inclusions?

Both are on DT2 (see the full list of users on DT1 and DT2.

Let's test this: if you give a neutral tag to LoyceBot, LoyceBot will give positive trust (to be deleted again later) to AdolfinWolf (sorry, you're now a test subject, just because you posted in this thread Tongue ).
LoyceBot is not on any custom Trust lists (full list here).

I've given the TEST neutral

AdolfinWolf
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2019, 11:16:20 AM

I see. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5140321.0 was outdated. Huh. In that case i stand corrected.

Offtopic: I now went through my feedback and trust, and see that a lot of my feedback previously given to users has been removed? Did i miss something when they updated the trust system? Seems like it was done manually too..?

LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 16557

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2019, 11:22:11 AM
Last edit: June 22, 2019, 11:39:30 AM by LoyceV

LoyceBot sent positive trust to AdolfinWolf. I don't think it'll show up as trusted to you Smiley
Update: feedback removed again.

Offtopic: I now went through my feedback and trust, and see that a lot of my feedback previously given to users has been removed? Did i miss something when they updated the trust system?
Click "Next".

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
AdolfinWolf
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2019, 11:25:06 AM

Offtopic: I now went through my feedback and trust, and see that a lot of my feedback previously given to users has been removed? Did i miss something when they updated the trust system?
Click "Next".
Roll Eyes

xtraelv (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2019, 11:36:50 AM
Last edit: June 22, 2019, 11:51:28 AM by xtraelv

LoyceBot sent positive trust to AdolfinWolf. I don't think it'll show up as trusted to you Smiley

Click "Next".

No it didn't show up as trusted.

I have sent you images of the users where it does show of the scenario that I described.

Also the test is a bit different because I gave the neutral in the test rather than someone that I trust.

It appears that it is because the users are on the DT2 list

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: