Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 10:59:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cash out after having investment trippled in bitcoin!  (Read 9320 times)
xSkylarx

Activity: 2352
Merit: 593

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2019, 05:25:15 AM

Who among you here does not hold btc anymore and afraid of investing to bitcoin? Did you regret of not investing on bitcoin too?

I'm still holding my btc since 2016. Sometimes I regret that I didn't sell when it was $20k but my main goal is really long term. Bitcoin has really a big potential to grow in the future so I am holding it as much as I can and I can still sustain myself from my other incomes. Next year on halving I'll see where bitcoin will go and decide if I should sell that time.
lienfaye

Activity: 2940
Merit: 629

View Profile
June 29, 2019, 06:32:52 AM

He gained profit already thats why he sold his bitcoin for me its a good decision. It just depends on your target price so I think he is contented with what he gained.

I sold some of my btc as well last month, the price is not that high compared to the current value but I dont have regrets since I bought my btc when the value is at $3k.

If you earn then take profit, you dont need to wait for ath because you'll never know the specific amount until the value is declining already.

Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
June 29, 2019, 06:33:13 AM

I'm trying to decide if this peak is over.  The last one hit $19,000 and some people have speculated this one would reach $20,000.  I jumped in at about $4,000 with $450.  If this is a peak it's much lower than I expected.  We had a few weeks of uncertainty that ended a couple weeks ago when it went from $8k to $12k.  This could be more of that.  There's power in reinvesting, but you need to wait for the price to drop.  Then you make x% profit on more capital, and keep reinvesting.  As long as it doesn't go below where you jumped in you're not losing money.
it depends on how you define "peak". you certainly can not compare the recent price rise ($12kish) with the ATH of 2017 ($20k). the former is a simple rise with a peak that followed by a small correction, as expected; but the latter was a big ass bubble followed by a bubble burst as expected.
if you are a day trader then the recent $12k+ was a peak for you and you should have sold and then bought back right away as the correction occurred at ~10% lower price. if you are not a day trader then you should never even think about small corrections like this. we are in a bull market and you should aim for the next bubble which is probably around $100k.

Since the mining difficulty factor is climbing beyond where it's practical to mine without free electricity like solar, it makes sense that the price is going up.  I was surprised the last low only got down to about $4k and not more like $400, but that's probably what the future holds.
mining difficulty and its cost are not the factors deciding the price, they never have been and never will be.

Only Bitcoin
butcherme

Activity: 368
Merit: 18

View Profile
June 29, 2019, 08:12:19 AM

At least your brother already made a profit and not just a small profit but he manage to triple his investment ,
You should be proud of him instead of being envious of his work and learn from his trade learn to take the risk if you wanted to earn like him .
Johnzky

Activity: 616
Merit: 30

View Profile
June 29, 2019, 08:32:29 AM

My brother had invested in bitcoin where market price has down to 3K usd. Seeing the current market and the needs arisea, my brother had cash out already and I am not surprise that he trippled his money investment. Good for.him but I think it must be hold still if I were on his side. The only problem is that I am not control of his money and seeing him profited in bitcoin makes me regret why I am.not investing and risking money during the bear market.

Who among you here does not hold btc anymore and afraid of investing to bitcoin? Did you regret of not investing on bitcoin too?
I had sold 3/4 of my bitcoin couple days ago when this reached $13,500 and lucky I buy back again in $10,500 yesterday .sofar I earned another 17% since the fee matters and kind of high recently.im looking for another exit and finding chances to transfer in altcoins because thy are in dumping and and I may profit bigger when they started to go along with bitcoin pumping.though I already have 3 altcoins now in my folio and 1 token .
ab1jx

Activity: 79

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2019, 11:06:23 AM

I'm trying to decide if this peak is over.  The last one hit $19,000 and some people have speculated this one would reach $20,000.  I jumped in at about $4,000 with $450.  If this is a peak it's much lower than I expected.  We had a few weeks of uncertainty that ended a couple weeks ago when it went from $8k to $12k.  This could be more of that.  There's power in reinvesting, but you need to wait for the price to drop.  Then you make x% profit on more capital, and keep reinvesting.  As long as it doesn't go below where you jumped in you're not losing money.
it depends on how you define "peak". you certainly can not compare the recent price rise ($12kish) with the ATH of 2017 ($20k). the former is a simple rise with a peak that followed by a small correction, as expected; but the latter was a big ass bubble followed by a bubble burst as expected.
if you are a day trader then the recent $12k+ was a peak for you and you should have sold and then bought back right away as the correction occurred at ~10% lower price. if you are not a day trader then you should never even think about small corrections like this. we are in a bull market and you should aim for the next bubble which is probably around $100k.
What I'd like to do is a series of buy low, sell high steps, reinvesting the profit from one peak into the next one.  I wrote a somewhat silly simulation program, the output of which is like:

Start with how much? 450
Goal is? 1000000
invest $450.00, get back $1474.03 (randomized profit 328%)
wait for price to bottom out
invest $1474.03, get back $4809.05 (randomized profit 326%)
invest $4809.05, get back $12700.42 (randomized profit 264%)
invest $12700.42, get back $46824.96 (randomized profit 369%)
invest $46824.96, get back $149630.09 (randomized profit 320%)
invest $149630.09, get back $594102.06 (randomized profit 397%)
invest $594102.06, get back $1276485.25 (randomized profit 215%)

My initial investment is somewhat expendable, I wish I'd had more to spend.  I would expect each cycle to take a year or so.

Since the mining difficulty factor is climbing beyond where it's practical to mine without free electricity like solar, it makes sense that the price is going up.  I was surprised the last low only got down to about $4k and not more like $400, but that's probably what the future holds.

mining difficulty and its cost are not the factors deciding the price, they never have been and never will be.

I was thinking supply and demand, since the supply of new bitcoins is drying up it seemed like that would push the price up.
#dhabitamartha

Activity: 673
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 29, 2019, 11:19:52 AM

each of our decisions, we will get opposition and truth and support, but this is the reality of life that must be lived or the risks that exist, this is us who must dare to make any decisions that will happen but that's where we learn a lot so I don't think and always convinced of our decisions that we believe to be true, I am sure we will get all the results of this decision like Bitcoin.
Eraldo Coil

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 29, 2019, 11:26:12 AM

Cashing out of bitcoin trippled is not a bad idea since there is already a huge profit that must be considered. But in my position, I would still choose to hold and trust the volatility of market. Because I think there is a possibility that it could reached up to $25,000 which will bring him more profit.

ryzaadit
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 1230

View Profile
June 29, 2019, 11:46:18 AM

Your brother has good money management & decision, at least he ended the trading with the profit not loses taking your own money investment was really important. I also took my profit went 2-3x bitcoin price because i holding since 5-10 month and i have bils to pay that's why i taking profit from my investment. Well if your brother wants more high profit his should sell only 30% from his investment to taking back his money from the investment he can sell/hold the other 70% of his asset.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
izanagi narukami
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1028

View Profile
June 29, 2019, 11:49:32 AM

No Pain No Gain.
If you won't take the risk, you won't get the profit.

For me, you already consider as lucky trader because you are aware of crypto trading but you're still lack of guts !

Smiley
NathanJB

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 29, 2019, 12:15:06 PM

Don't you worry, mate. The more and longer you are immersed in the world of Bitcoin, the more you will see patterns and consistency that will make you more confident the next time around. Eventually, you will realize that there is no point doubting Bitcoin. It has gone through the worst, hell, even death! Countless deaths! So if it goes down in price, get those savings out and buy a lot, be patient, and wait for the better days which will definitely arrive.
Pom_bensin

Activity: 812
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2019, 12:16:09 PM

My brother had invested in bitcoin where market price has down to 3K usd. Seeing the current market and the needs arisea, my brother had cash out already and I am not surprise that he trippled his money investment. Good for.him but I think it must be hold still if I were on his side. The only problem is that I am not control of his money and seeing him profited in bitcoin makes me regret why I am.not investing and risking money during the bear market.

I think making a choice of investing in bitcoin requires great mental strength, the market can fall anytime and the market can surprise many people. I think your brother's steps are very good and it can make a good profit.

I also don't buy bitcoin and only watch people who have big profits from bitcoin.
xWolfx

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

Donating 10% to charity

View Profile
June 29, 2019, 12:17:54 PM

More opportunities will come for sure, it's a matter of being alert and having faith in the technology.

I am glad of your brother's success story. In fact, this community needs a lot more of those success stories that i'm pretty sure exists shared. Because then everyone can see the two different faces of everything, not just the negative stuffs some individuals say.

There's a lot of opportunities when you're helping shape human kind's future.
bettercrypto

Activity: 1344
Merit: 268

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2019, 12:47:53 PM

I invested actually in bitcoin when it was 5k dollars. As of now, I am enjoying my profits in bitcoin. I thought I was just trapped when I saw its reversal movement until it reached 10K dollars.
I guess you have regrets in your mind and heart. But it is so good that your family specially your brother accept cryptocurrency. Just wait for your perfect timing. You will get a lot someday.

Also, you are in weekly payment campaign. It will also be your luck to receive payment when bitcoin surges.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Iceblast

Activity: 783
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2019, 12:54:41 PM

I think your brother has been on cryptocurrency for a long time because your brother dared to speculate to buy bitcoin and already knew in the future if bitcoin would be in a high position. I think it's a good thing and you can copy it so that you can get profits like your brother

Wallflower28

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 29, 2019, 12:59:55 PM

If your brother lend 1 bitcoin and turned it when bitcoin hikes, he is definitely lucky!
Imagine, 1 bitcoin was 3,000 dollars before and right now, it reached 13,660 dollars. He almost had 300x profits for just a month! What a great surprise for an unexpected movement of bitcoin. I hope this will still continue until I got my profits.

pixie85

Activity: 2156
Merit: 528

View Profile
June 29, 2019, 01:33:45 PM

If your goal is to have more cash in the end you should sell and hold cash. My goal is to have more bitcoin so when I sell ist's not to cash out buyt to exchange for something stable and wait it out to buy more bitcoins later.

People are driven by greed and hype and they always lose interest after a while. Now it's crazy because bitcoin was going up for a while but you can feel the buyers becoming exhausted and thinking about spending their profits.
ab1jx

Activity: 79

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2019, 03:18:08 PM
Last edit: June 29, 2019, 06:55:23 PM by ab1jx

For Linux users that want an onscreen bitcoin price near your clock, try my ticker from https://sourceforge.net/projects/btctick/  It's for LXDE, I don't know if it works with other things.  Free of course.

These seem to be the pins and needles times of deciding what to do.  Stay in or cash out and reinvest the profits on the next cycle.  Which gives you more leverage because you could make a bigger investment.  But if you cash out and it's really still going up you've not only lost that extra money but you have to wait longer for it to bottom out so you can buy again.

https://bitcoinwisdom.io/markets/bitfinex/btcusd

I thought I had gotten seniority enough to post images here, but I no longer have a host for them.  Anyway, look at May of this year.  There were fluctuations for weeks but no net change, then about 1/3 of the way into June it started rising again and went from about $8000 to about $12000.  You should be able to see that on bitcoinwisdom if you set the time interval to 1 day so that you're seeing May.  I think we're seeing that again.
sgenuine

Activity: 854
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 30, 2019, 06:22:35 PM

I have never regretted investing in bitcoin. Therefore, you also should not wait for some suitable moment, you can buy now and secure a good future.

No one who is still working with cryptocurrencies regrets it, otherwise, he would sell it and start dealing with something else. It is natural when someone sells BTC - it is done only to buy it for a lower price and hold crypto again.
fiulpro

Activity: 1862
Merit: 830

View Profile
June 30, 2019, 06:41:37 PM

Well just because the price was up once , I actually waited it to go more up and then again it went to 3k and it was kind of depressing thus you know I don't mind if I encash and keep them in the bank once my investments have trippled , infact I kind of like that idea.
Just because it may be going to be worth a million doesn't mean it will necessarily hit it , it may go down to zero one day and we might repent.

I think we should encash some and not keep everything in there.
Periodically encashing I would say.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████