Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 07:51:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Every time I sell Bitcoin pumps... Has BTC been good or bad for You???  (Read 1119 times)
winston236

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 05, 2019, 08:48:41 AM

I also experience that and I think its normal, i sold my BTC before (last 2017 bull run), on the price of $16000 and after that the price continues to rise above $19k and yeah i miss more dollars because of that. The worst scenario when I bought bitcoin at $10k level and it drops up to $3k. Haha. Its not a mistake but an over confident about the price of bitcoin, at least we learned a lot from that, but of course it will happen again and we know what to do now.
The main thing is not to lose a lot of money and not to lose faith in Bitcoin. Well, when it turns out to sell at a good price and stay with a cold mind. But sometimes, when you lose money, you can think for a second if it is worth the risk. And I think that definitely yes Smiley Despite the fact that I hurried and lost money a little over a year ago, I continue to believe and buy bitcoins Wink
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
July 05, 2019, 08:55:58 AM

When  i talk about myself i personally said that  bitcoin is good for me.. whenever i want to sell the bitcoin.. its prices will raised.. so it is good for me..

We can do that since we can just wait for the price to pump.

Bitcoin is a great investment for me since I am usually in front of my PC. I can check sudden changes from BTC to other cryptocurrencies I have my money on. The price is rolling back to its usual price slowly though I am happy that I sold some in the past week when I earned double. Let's just wait again for another pump, it will go up, we just need to be patient.
Shenzou

Activity: 1400
Merit: 283

View Profile
July 05, 2019, 09:11:27 AM

So for the last 18 months I have held, gambled, bought and exchanged some BTC mostly through this forum. (I HATE PAXFUL AND FEES). Anyways I have won lost, and just at points had to sell my coins for emergency funds and etc.

Well just a couple weeks ago I had around .02 BTC (thats alot for me) well my washer and dryer has been having issues. My dryer proceeded to go and break on me and I had to sell my .02 to buy a used dryer, I spent $30 in gas and $75 on the dryer and when I got home the used dryer I bought is broken and the guy who sold it hasnt aswered my phone call in a month...

Well anyways I sold my .02 for around $140 at the time roughly 1 month ago give or take. And since then it has went up over $100 in value... smh

Am i just unlucky or does the bitcoin market follow my transaction history and only pump when I am out?Huh  

I really just wish I never sold I would still have a broke dryer and .02...The price has went up so high that I now cannot afford to invest. My mother was just diagnosed with stage 4 COPD and Emphazema and was just put on Hospice home health. So I am currently unemployed taking care of her. Its a struggle everyday.. I seriously am starting to wonder if btc is just bad luck for me. I once owned 3 BTC when an (unnamed website was shut down) I lost it all and since that day. Have never made it back.. I am now a proud owner of around 850 satoshis... ( so any ideas on how I can earn a little simple btc would be appreciated)...

But to finish my post. Does BTC price rise or fall when you sell. And since you have been dabbling in Crypto have you become more /less successful. I want to hear your stories. I think all BTC has ever done for me is gotten my funds stolen multiple times lol. But man do I love it.

(I know not to leave my funds on exchange but I am broke I cannot afford spending 6 to $10 just to be able to withdraw my BTC every other day, usually when I am trading it's usually only 50 to $100 as its all I can afford. I lose money withdrawing and depositing every other day between withdraw fees and BTC fees It eats up $100 quick)....

Give me your thoughts!
Bitcoin is a great investment and it gives us the opportunity to make some extra money from either investing in it or getting it from gambling or just doing some freelancing, and when it comes to selling you will always feels bad, it might not be at first but when you see a significant price rise, and you are filled with regret for not just holding it, and that is why in my opinion you have to make a backup balance, where you split your balance into 75% saving and 25% spend it, but when it comes to you you had to do what you had to do because of life requirements and i would have done the same thing.
Gibreil

Activity: 805
Merit: 26

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2019, 03:06:32 PM

I don`t know but I think that the fate jokes me. Many people are taking profits in bitcoin pumped recently, but I did not. I sold my bitcoin during the 8k dollars price. I was afraid that it might only be a bull run. At first, I am happy because it goes back after it broke a resistance level around 8k. But I was shocked when I saw that it moved up to 13800 dollars. It is a bad for me yet, good for others.

▀   ▀▀   ▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄          E X C H A S E   |   S I G N    U P          ▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀   ▀▀   ▀
▄▄▄▄▄                 All-in-One FinTech Ecosystem                 ▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄     [   FACEBOOK   ] [    TWITTER    ] [   TELEGRAM   ]     ▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀
Dontme

Activity: 798
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 05, 2019, 03:30:12 PM

How unfortunate you are. BTC is always good its just that people have no patience and easily loose hope on bitcoin, so what they do is dump their bitcoin too soon.
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1104

View Profile
July 05, 2019, 04:09:51 PM

If it pumps whenever you sell just don't sell. How difficult is that? Tongue
It's been great for me, but I can't relate to OP because I'm a hodler. I had that feeling a few times when I sold a little bit to buy myself some stuff on Amazon and later realized that it was the most expensive HDD or LCD monitor in the world, since a year later Bitcoin was worth 4 times more. I could have bought a whole new computer for the cost of a single stupid monitor had I waited.

Apes

Activity: 1316
Merit: 257

View Profile
July 05, 2019, 04:23:39 PM

don't blame your self bro. you blame too much by sell BTC when the market is low. I always prioritize family finances and not fanatics to hold invesment and selling when market prices are good. in my opinion family finances are far more important than the invesment value.
spadormie

Activity: 840
Merit: 268

View Profile
July 05, 2019, 04:25:41 PM

On the wallet I'm using in transacting for cashouts, the wallet is not that user-friendly on my experience. Everytime bitcoin pumps, the transaction fee is increasing. Is that fair to all of us? I guess not, what if bitcoin will be $1m and on one sat, it could be $20 on every transaction?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████▀▀▀▀███▄
███████▀     ████
███████   ███████
█████        ████
███████   ███████
▀██████   ██████▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
██    ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀  ██
██   █▀   ▀█   ██
██   █▄   ▄█   ██
██    ▀▀▀▀▀    ██
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
█▄▄      ████████▄
 █████▄▄████████▌
▀██████████████▌
  █████████████
  ▀██████████▀
   ▄▄██████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

██  ██
  ███████████▄
    ██      ▀█
    ██▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
    ██▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
    ██      ▄█
  ███████████▀
    ██  ██

▄
       ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀      ▄
      ▀█▀  ▀   ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀
███▄▄▄        ▀█▀  ▀     ▄▄▄███       ▐█▄    ▄█▌   ▐█▌   █▄    ▐█▌   ████████   █████▄     ██    ▄█████▄▄   ▐█████▌
████████▄▄           ▄▄████████       ▐███▄▄███▌   ▐█▌   ███▄  ▐█▌      ██      █▌  ▀██    ██   ▄██▀   ▀▀   ▐█
███████████▄       ▄███████████       ▐█▌▀██▀▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██▀██▄▐█▌      ██      █▌   ▐█▌   ██   ██          ▐█████▌
 ████████████     ████████████        ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██  ▀███▌      ██      █▌  ▄██    ██   ▀██▄   ▄▄   ▐█
  ████████████   ████████████         ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██    ▀█▌      ██      █████▀     ██    ▀█████▀▀   ▐█████▌
   ▀███████████ ███████████▀
     ▀███████████████████▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
FIND OUT MORE AT MINTDICE.COM
LuckyBtc
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1011

View Profile
July 05, 2019, 04:55:28 PM

It happens to all of us, It had happened to me too years ago, But I was able to buy back my coins. Smart thing to do is sell only in small batches, This way you will maximize your profit or buying opportunity of BTC(If you want to).
spacehopper

Activity: 121
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 05, 2019, 05:47:11 PM

Best thing to do before sell or buy,just know the market.Do fundamental analyze and technical analyze.Fundamental means reading news about bitcoin.Search any thing you feel that effect to bitcoin.There are lot of economic websites for that.Google it.Technical analyze means simply know the support and resistance areas of bitcoin prize.You can easily use MT4 for this(forex).Open a demo account and learn about trading.Then you will never make that mistake again.
1st YOU LEARN THEN REMOVE THE "L"

Zionatin

Activity: 906
Merit: 262

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 10:43:54 AM

If it pumps whenever you sell just don't sell. How difficult is that? Tongue
It's been great for me, but I can't relate to OP because I'm a hodler. I had that feeling a few times when I sold a little bit to buy myself some stuff on Amazon and later realized that it was the most expensive HDD or LCD monitor in the world, since a year later Bitcoin was worth 4 times more. I could have bought a whole new computer for the cost of a single stupid monitor had I waited.

-_- As I read this I am waiting for the part you were you going to tell us what you could have got. I ordered some art and craft supplies. You know some really nice stuff. Then the exact same thing happens to me. I bought this stuff at the beginning of the year (first quarter) only to find out a little while ago it was 4x more so I could have bought like a whole art studio -_-

I hate hindsight. It is hard not to beat ourselves up. We need to remember it is as it is and you and I most likely have made a lot more hen we have lost and that is what I like to remember.
robelneo
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 1204

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2019, 12:34:00 PM

You are not alone on this and your is not a unique story I have experienced that so many times in the past and in my mind it always cross that I might do it again, I'm not into selling my top coins in the market, but there are conditions where you have to do what you have to do, Bitcoin is going up and down and it's not always late for us to recover our losses.

bettercrypto

Activity: 1344
Merit: 268

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2019, 12:43:19 PM

from your statement, I can conclude that you are the type of person who is impatient and doubtful, so as not to experience losses in trading or investing in Bitcoin then it is strongly recommended to exercise patience. I have started to train my patience to not directly sell when the price drops slightly or immediately buy when the price rises a little and have started to make a little profit, patiently seeing the moment is the key to success in Bitcoin. I love Bitcoin Grin
The shorter the person has patience, the lesser we gain profits. In cryptocurrency, we need to have patience. Specially when we hold bitcoin, it is for a lone period of time. If we have burnt with our hodlings, probably we will sell it in a low value. Many people are unfortunate in cryptocurrency because of shorter patience. We sell coins because of frustrations, however if we see it pumps again, we tend to buy at highs. In result, we buy high and sell low.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
xamxam

Activity: 409
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 01:02:18 PM

Whenever Bitcoin has never been bad to me, instead its been 5 years now were Bitcoin helped me a lot to survive in life, I begun with trading then when 2018 came up to me I entered bitcointalk forum to join in bounties, where until now this is what I'm doing. So even Bitcoin pump, I still had no doubt for it to help me all the time. Especially now, I still have a few of bitcoins in my wallet and willing to take hold em in the long term.
ityandsyn

Activity: 490
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 01:17:11 PM

So for the last 18 months I have held, gambled, bought and exchanged some BTC mostly through this forum. (I HATE PAXFUL AND FEES). Anyways I have won lost, and just at points had to sell my coins for emergency funds and etc.

Well anyways I sold my .02 for around $140 at the time roughly 1 month ago give or take. And since then it has went up over $100 in value... smh

Am i just unlucky or does the bitcoin market follow my transaction history and only pump when I am out?Huh  

..The price has went up so high that I now cannot afford to invest. My mother was just diagnosed with stage 4 COPD and Emphazema and was just put on Hospice home health. So I am currently unemployed taking care of her. Its a struggle everyday.. I seriously am starting to wonder if btc is just bad luck for me. I once owned 3 BTC when an (unnamed website was shut down) I lost it all and since that day. Have never made it back.. I am now a proud owner of around 850 satoshis... ( so any ideas on how I can earn a little simple btc would be appreciated)...

Give me your thoughts!

We have all the reason to sell our holding and you have a good reason too , because health is more precious than wealth like BTC , so no regrets about that , and in my case I have also a good reason to sell my coins since those are profitable already .
kr105

Activity: 938
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 01:24:54 PM

This made me smile Smiley I feel you bro, i think we’ve all been there. It’s actually very annoying situation. To stay away from being annoyed, as a solution i decided not to think about the new direction of the market after i sell my coins. Because we never know the next step of the market and it’s not your fault to sell your .02 BTC in order to afford your emergency needs.
barabarian1

Activity: 938
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 07, 2019, 04:21:53 AM

im sure if all of people do like what you do. i ever sell bitcoin and many coin in some price. and after that, that coin pump until multiple times. and when i try to hold more longer, the price fall and until now i have that coin. its normal here, and it can be good experience if you have some coin. want to hold or sell

▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  █████████████████▀      ▀████████████████▀      ▀████████
▄█████████     ████████████████   ▄██▄   ██████████████   ▄██▄   ███████▄
████████████   ███████████████████████   ████████████████████▀   ████████
████████████   █████████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████     █████████
████████████   ███████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████████▄   ████████
▀███████████   █████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████   ▀██▀   ███████▀
███████████   ████████████████          ███████████████▄      ▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀
swapSwap, Earn, Bridge, Mint Crypto
& NFT in Multiple Chains
fiulpro

Activity: 1862
Merit: 830

View Profile
July 07, 2019, 05:20:36 AM

Cheesy I think I was the only one .
Just some days before my friend sold like 1000$ in BTC and suddenly the price sky rocketed but came down after few hours.

Well the fact that we decided to sell because we saw that we are having a profit already and we thought that it won't go that up means , we should just ignore the future price or just go and buy fast and hold .

There are some high strokes in Bitcoins which actually comes so suddenly that no one is able to predict , and after that we suddenly have that down hill , due to huge selling off.

Don't worry it's very common , well it's more like a bet thus we cannot expect it to always favour us.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
xSkylarx

Activity: 2352
Merit: 593

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2019, 05:29:59 AM

It also happens to me in the past. But I don't regret it because those time I need money desperately and I can use some of my bitcoin investments. If you gain profit then it's not bad even if it pumps after you sell, you can just buy again after correction happens.
ariyzt

Activity: 602
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2019, 07:33:23 AM

I have the same experience with you. Not only happend on bitcoin but another coin too
whenever i sell their price up / pump but when i hold it , the price won't up or just stagnan there. its maybe just my luck , but then i realize that need to learn how to read market condition
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: