Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:27:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Another Scamming Trick.  (Read 893 times)
xmonkeyx

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 07, 2019, 12:44:18 PM

I've been hearing this for a while until it really happened to me ,I was promoting a bounty project and after a week I decide to check my spreadsheet to see if I've been approved or not ,well guess what I found? Someone else signed up for the bounty using my btt account info excluding only my wallet address ,swapped with another ETH address.

This is another tricks some scammers are pulling on this forum, getting someone to work for them while they sit back and get paid for work they never do.

Always make sure you check the spreadsheet of the bounty project you are promoting from time to time,who knows? You might be the next victim.

This warning is especially for newbies ,I bet they don't know that something like this can be put in motion so be careful.
This is what I see a lot in bounty campaign spreadsheets, and in my opinion, this is what the bounty manager must really examine. In fact, I experienced this scamer incident myself, only the ETH address was used to get payments after the campaign was finished. Tricks like this must be careful.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sehoon

Activity: 840
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 07, 2019, 01:24:01 PM

That is why I don't join bounties that are not handled by the highest ranking officials here. Because I hear these things in the people who accept manager jobs from projects that are low ranking. It's a good thing that you check on the spreadsheet because that is what I always do. I am always curious about the stakes.

Delilonia1

Activity: 463

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2019, 02:14:19 PM

That's serious. We all should be guided and we should check our spreadsheet from time to time so all these labour will not be for nothing. That could be depressing

❱  Whitepaper  ❱   E M R X ─ Token ─   :   LEARN MORE   
      E M I R E X         ─── إمركس ───          :         The Infrastructure for the
[ ◾ telegram   ◾ facebook   ◾ TWITTER ]   New Digital Economy
btccrusher

Activity: 742
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2019, 03:13:45 PM

Yah agrees this is why in most bounty, participants need to write an authentication post to confirm their id. You'll see some managers are arranging this thing very well. But still, when you participating in a bounty, double-check your entry upon signup, check if wallets and other names are right. This way, you'll be safe from stealing your works by the abusers.
joinfree

Activity: 1246
Merit: 260

1A6nybMUHYKS6E6Z3eJFm4KpVDdev8BAJL

View Profile
July 07, 2019, 03:29:54 PM

Yeah i have also seen this trick a couple of times and i guess that's the more reason why you should check the spreadsheet of any bounty campaign that you join. It's also the responsibility of bounty managers to check for fake accounts. Mostly these come up when real users sign up for the campaign.

Crypto Enthusiast supporting innovative ideas for the Liberalization of the world from the Centralized Institutions.
mksundip

Activity: 726
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 07, 2019, 03:41:25 PM

new ways in fraudulent mode continue to evolve and continue to find loopholes in all aspects of security that may be exploited, however, we must always be vigilant

Bitcoinjheta

Activity: 798
Merit: 104

View Profile
July 07, 2019, 03:45:02 PM
Last edit: July 07, 2019, 03:58:35 PM by Bitcoinjheta

This scamming trick are almost happened everytime when the bounty campaign rules are so easy to joined in fact they are mostly manifest on newbie manager who manage bounty project, with regards its different from the known bounty managers who requires with authenticity proof of participantion.
iMark

Activity: 1162
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 07, 2019, 04:00:32 PM

The manager campaign should not allow all users to edit the spreadsheet because it will be very vulnerable to scam,
I have seen it several times, and fortunately I realized when it happened so I immediately told the manager campaign about that
jazmuzika217

Activity: 476

View Profile
July 07, 2019, 04:15:06 PM

Honestly the scam and fraud issue here in crypto are getting worst everyday that passed by. I am not surprise if those issue will destroy so many investment. I hope centralization and legalization will be implemented in any aspect here in crypto industry. I belive that there is a big group or organization behind that scam idea so we need a legal action to make them scared and punished on that kind of activity
Averim

Activity: 515

View Profile
July 07, 2019, 08:08:44 PM

I've been hearing this for a while until it really happened to me ,I was promoting a bounty project and after a week I decide to check my spreadsheet to see if I've been approved or not ,well guess what I found? Someone else signed up for the bounty using my btt account info excluding only my wallet address ,swapped with another ETH address.

This is another tricks some scammers are pulling on this forum, getting someone to work for them while they sit back and get paid for work they never do.

Always make sure you check the spreadsheet of the bounty project you are promoting from time to time,who knows? You might be the next victim.

This warning is especially for newbies ,I bet they don't know that something like this can be put in motion so be careful.
To someone use your btt info in any bounty it means that someone who is involved in the bounty program itself is involved, otherwise i don't understand who it is possible something like this.
Oceat

Activity: 2506
Merit: 368

View Profile
July 07, 2019, 08:13:18 PM

This trick has been used already before many many times by those lazy scammers trying to use someone's account and change the ETH address. I've seen worst of them too, some of them even used the DTs account. That's why it's best if you check the sheet if your account was being used by someone, so consider this as an experience because there will be a lot coming in the future. You know, scammers never really get tired of finding ways to take advantage of the other.

10c

Activity: 658
Merit: 100

BuyAnyLight - Blockchain LED Marketplace

View Profile
July 07, 2019, 08:51:15 PM

The manager campaign should not allow all users to edit the spreadsheet because it will be very vulnerable to scam,
I have seen it several times, and fortunately I realized when it happened so I immediately told the manager campaign about that
it even sounds like complete nonsense. none of the interested people can access the table. If the table will be available to all, then there will be no point in taking part in such campaign

SistaFista

Activity: 1638
Merit: 251

Hexhash.xyz

View Profile
July 08, 2019, 02:22:03 AM

This is actually an old trick, there were many cases like this back then when bounty campaigns were popular.
Bounty manager should know who is the real one, and delete the scammer who signed with fake details.
We can help bounty manager by point out the scammers who signed up with our details.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
            ████ 
       ████████████
       ████████████
       ████ ████     
       ████ ████     
    ████████████     
    ████████████     
       ████     
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
HEXHASH.XYZ
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
WEB3 INFRASTRUCTURE TO POWER THE
FUTURE CREDENTIAL DATA NETWORKS
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
ccsang

Activity: 910
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 08, 2019, 03:27:11 AM

You never be victom of this trick, if you check spreadsheet every week with your wallet address. Newbies is the first victim of this types of trick.
I think this post is just warn for newbies, this is an old tricks to cheat the bounty rewards, we should remember always check the spreadsheet weekly, report to bounty manager if found any scammer steal your information, keep checking the rewards spreadsheet until receive full rewards.
z21770179

Activity: 474
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 09, 2019, 06:18:37 PM

If I let everyone edit the spreadsheet I will not join that bounty. Because it will never be paid because the sheet cannot be completed
cryptobae10

Activity: 658
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2019, 08:47:43 PM

This happens a lot of times
And it’s one of reasons why bounty manager requests for POA to crosscheck and verify valid entries

As hunters likewise, we need to stop these cheats from using our personal information
novy

Activity: 728
Merit: 110

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2019, 08:55:10 PM

I had the same situation early this year. Some individual registered in signature campaigns with my account, but with different ethereum wallet. I have reported that to my bounty manager. I have seen this from 2017, so this is a not a new trick.

Delilonia1

Activity: 463

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2019, 05:03:54 AM

This is very bad of these scammers. What's wrong with registering for their own campaigns and doing things the right way? It can  be frustrating that, having worked for so many week, a hacker will just take all the wins because he's more technologically advance. That's not good enough. Thanks so much for the heads up.

❱  Whitepaper  ❱   E M R X ─ Token ─   :   LEARN MORE   
      E M I R E X         ─── إمركس ───          :         The Infrastructure for the
[ ◾ telegram   ◾ facebook   ◾ TWITTER ]   New Digital Economy
Dpat
Copper Member

Activity: 798
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 08, 2019, 05:28:14 AM

Yes, this is the findings which you have talked here from the spreadsheet. I think I have been already cheated in this way but, couldn't recognize how they are doing. So, you talked here clearly and from now I will check my every bounty participation spreadsheet.
AdamRay

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 08, 2019, 07:08:11 AM

I have encountered a lot of such cases. but after discovering it, I told the bonus manager and he solved it for me.
I think projects should have PoA to avoid such scammers and we also need to check the spreadsheet regularly.

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: