Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:59:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [BAN APPEAL] gruberx  (Read 239 times)
gruberx2 (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 01:30:34 PM

Hey! My account gruberx was banned, probably due to spam or plagiarism.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=771967

A month ago, I sent a letter to the specified mail, but did not wait for an answer.
I would like to know more about the reason for the ban.  And if possible, I ask the moderators to consider the possibility of unban.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2019, 01:40:25 PM

plagiarism
[...]
I would like to know more about the reason for the ban.

You already know the reason.

I'm very lucky to find this promising project and glad to be part of this project, future is bright.
Thanks.

I'm very lucky to find this promising project and glad to be part of this project, future is bright. Thanks.
gruberx2 (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 01:59:09 PM

Thanks for the answer. I admit my mistake. But it was one of my first posts. Then I knew little about the rules of the forum.
I later wrote a lot of constructive posts. Earned merit.
Is it possible to change the punishment, replace it with something else?
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2019, 02:16:42 PM
Merited by TalkStar (1)

Thanks for the answer. I admit my mistake. But it was one of my first posts.

No, it wasn't. That was ~ #250 in your post history and you did it again at ~ #380, out of the total ~740 posts. Hardly "one of [your] first posts". And that's just the ones I could find. I bet there's more.

nice project dev, concept this project it seems very interesting for in following. i'm believe if your project will success to ICO ends. 

Nice project dev, concept this project it seems very interesting for in following. i'm believe if your project will success to ICO ends.

Then I knew little about the rules of the forum.
Is it possible to change the punishment, replace it with something else?

I'm not a moderator but since you already appealed via e-mail and didn't succeed I think your punishment will stay.
gruberx2 (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 07:42:02 PM

No, it wasn't. That was ~ #250 in your post history and you did it again at ~ #380, out of the total ~740 posts. Hardly "one of [your] first posts". And that's just the ones I could find. I bet there's more.

I began to write on the forum mainly from the beginning of 2017 and I was more interested in communication on the forum, but there was a gap with the rules. These messages that you brought up, my experience of participating in airdrop, there it’s hard to come up with something original, especially since I didn’t read the rules carefully. I haven’t been participating in airdrop for a long time, even in bounty companies I haven’t been participating for more than a year.
I wrote a lot of useful posts, I helped many to understand various issues. Doesn’t it outweigh the few posts that I foolishly published?

I'm not a moderator but since you already appealed via e-mail and didn't succeed I think your punishment will stay.

I did not see anyone get an answer by email. Therefore, wrote this appeal.
pugman
Legendary

Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2019, 11:59:11 PM

I began to write on the forum mainly from the beginning of 2017 and I was more interested in communication on the forum, but there was a gap with the rules. These messages that you brought up, my experience of participating in airdrop, there it’s hard to come up with something original, especially since I didn’t read the rules carefully. I haven’t been participating in airdrop for a long time, even in bounty companies I haven’t been participating for more than a year.
I wrote a lot of useful posts, I helped many to understand various issues. Doesn’t it outweigh the few posts that I foolishly published?
No one likes you here, bye bye honey bun. You plagiarized, you got banned, no excuses. Sorry not sorry.

I did not see anyone get an answer by email. Therefore, wrote this appeal.
And good luck with the appeal being of any use.

If you really think you write "useful posts", quote them here, and you'd be damning lucky if you get a sig ban instead of a perma ban. goodluck xoxo

gruberx2 (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2019, 09:24:51 AM

If you really think you write "useful posts", quote them here, and you'd be damning lucky if you get a sig ban instead of a perma ban. goodluck xoxo
As you can see, I have problems with the English language. Therefore, I mostly write in Russian local. Does it make sense here to quote posts in Russian?
bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2019, 11:07:00 AM

Then I knew little about the rules of the forum.

These are less 'rules of the forum' than common sense.

You should have known that plagiarizing is not allowed and will be punished.

Or how would you describe your behavior by copying posts 1 to 1 ?
You didn't even add anything new.. you simply copied them.

What was the reason for that?

18 merit from 740 posts isn't much..

pugman
Legendary

Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2019, 11:06:43 PM

As you can see, I have problems with the English language. Therefore, I mostly write in Russian local. Does it make sense here to quote posts in Russian?
If a Russian mod or a veteran "vouches" for you, you may have a chance, but that for all I know is a dead hope.
Let's score this shall we:

Your merit count is a tad bit low for mods to reconsider your ban based on that. You: 0, Forum: 1.
Your plagiarized post wasn't even helpful, it was a for an airdrop. Now that's plagiarizing for money, so you lose again honey. You: 0, Forum: 2. You're losing here honeybun. Sad

I'd say don't keep your hopes up, unless you somehow convince the mods or admins to sig ban you at best, but in the name of convincing don't annoy and pester them.

gruberx2 (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 09:49:39 PM

What was the reason for that?
This is a kind of embarrassment, timidity - when I communicate in a non-native language. I was afraid to look stupid wrong constructing a phrase. Therefore, not knowing the prohibition on such actions, I acted as the beginners usually do - I completely copied the actions of others (I can say I acted like a child).

18 merit from 740 posts isn't much..
I just write where have knowledge. I did not create "pops" topics for the profit merits.

Your merit count is a tad bit low for mods to reconsider your ban based on that. You: 0, Forum: 1.
Your plagiarized post wasn't even helpful, it was a for an airdrop. Now that's plagiarizing for money, so you lose again honey. You: 0, Forum: 2. You're losing here honeybun. Sad
As you can see, for more than a year I have not been participating in airdrop and in bounty. And I write on the forum in interesting topics for me, or trying to help others.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: