Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 12:50:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Check out this poll on Bitcoin - 95% would never buy!!!  (Read 4302 times)
kooke (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Bitcoin super-duper-mega-ultra-hyper-node

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 03:30:32 AM

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/03/14/bitcoin-class-action-seeks-500m-compensation-for-canadian-users

I was just reading this article about the class-action lawsuit against Mt. Gox being filed in Ontario. They have a poll asking if one would ever buy bitcoins. Over 5000 voters and 95% voted no, while only 3% voted yes.

BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 03:42:16 AM

And now you see the proper distribution of IQ levels in humanity.

And you simultaneously see why your whole Bitcoin is going to be worth a sh*t ton of money in 10 years.

This is only good news.  Because as the 95% sheeples talk trash and cower in fear, those with IQ's over 100 actually did a lil reading and are watching the paradigm change take hold all over the world.

By the time the 95% sheeples realize what its worth, it will be way too late for them to make any money on it, and you'll be buying yachts.

-B-

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
Le Happy Merchant

Activity: 634
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 03:44:02 AM

And you simultaneously see why your whole Bitcoin is going to be worth a sh*t ton of money in 10 years.

This is only good news.  Because as the 95% sheeples talk trash and cower in fear, those with IQ's over 100 actually did a lil reading and are watching the paradigm change take hold all over the world.

By the time the 95% sheeples realize what its worth, it will be way too late for them to make any money on it, and you'll be buying yachts.

-B-

This isn't how IQ scores work.

A population with 95% of people under 100 is impossible, because 100 is defined as the average of a population. It will always be 50:50.

Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 03:49:37 AM

More proof of how much damage Gox has done.
Things will get better as time passes...

Cyberlight

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 03:50:09 AM

I'd like to see a poll like that about the internet in 1991 or a GSM poll in 1992
derpinheimer
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 03:51:15 AM

This is only good news.  Because as the 95% sheeples talk trash and cower in fear, those with IQ's over 100 actually did a lil reading and are watching the paradigm change take hold all over the world.

-B-

A population with 95% of people under 100 is impossible, because 100 is defined as the average of a population. It will always be 50:50.

Well, no, not quite.

It could be 99:1 under 100. Or it could be 0.01:99.99 and still average 100.
seriouscoin

Activity: 658

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 03:56:28 AM

This is only good news.  Because as the 95% sheeples talk trash and cower in fear, those with IQ's over 100 actually did a lil reading and are watching the paradigm change take hold all over the world.

-B-

And..... thats not how average works.... wow

Now i know what your IQ score is.  Roll Eyes
kooke (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 03:57:03 AM

Hey man go easy on the sheeple Tongue

Maybe the 95% have never heard of bitcoin before reading this article. I know if the first thing I ever read about bitcoin was an exchange losing $500 million worth of them, I'd probably dismiss it as something too risky to invest in at the very least, or a flat-out scam. Plus most of them would only invest in bitcoin if the government tells them to Cheesy

EDIT: Maybe the world is too dumb for Bitcoins

challen

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 04:32:40 AM

The article covers a somewhat negative topic of bitcoin... bankruptcy and a lawsuit, both of which are turn-offs to most people. NPR also covered the mtgox fiasco a couple of times and the comments were generally negative and ignorant of bitcoin, but still received quite a number of up-votes... Basically the peanut gallery heckling something they don't comprehend.

That's fine though... Once ASIC's hit retail at your local Best Buy, it'll be a good time to be holding while the peanut gallery is still watching from the sidelines.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 04:37:24 AM

Also keep in mind it's a newspaper website; Many free-thinking people would not have any reason to visit that site.

kooke (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 04:56:18 AM

To be fair, this newspaper used to be the biggest Rob Ford supporter, and he's not exactly the smartest cookie in the jar Wink

Dalmar

Activity: 1092

Life is short, practice empathy in your life

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 05:07:55 AM

Context of the article skews the poll results.

That's like first showing Detroit to non-Americans and then asking what they think of the US.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄
▄▄██████████████████████▄
 █████████████▀█████████████▄
▄█████████████▀ ▄█▀ ███████████
▄██████████      ▀▀  ████████████
▄█████████████   ▄▄▄   ▀▀██████████
█████████████▀   ████▄   ▀█████████▄
█████████████    ▀▀█▀▀   ▄██████████
████████████▀   ▄▄      ████████████
████████████   ▄████▄    ███████████
█████████      ██████    ██████████
█████████▄▄            ▄██████████
▀██████████  ██  ▄▄▄▄████████████
▀█████████▄▄█▄ ███████████████▀
▀██████████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

B i t c o i n t a l k   ▄▄▄▄▄

DONATION CAMPAIGN

▄
                                   ▄██
               ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           ▄███
             ▄█████████▄        ████
▄▄▄         ▄████████████     ▄████▀
 ▀██▄▄      █████████████   ▄█████▀
  ▀█████▄   █████████████  ▄██████
    ▀█████▄  ███████████▀▄███████
     ▀██████▄▄▀▀██████▀ ████████▀
       ████████▄      ▄████████▀
        █████████▄  ▄██████████
         █████████████████████
          ████████████████████
          ███████████████████
          ███████████████████
          ██████████████▀▀▀
          ███████▀▀▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀

BE A HOPE
FOR A LIVABLE WORLD
▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄▄█████████████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀██████████
███████████▀       ▀█▀       ▀█████████
███████████▀                    █████████
███████████                     █████████
█████████████                   ███████████
██████████████▄               ▄████████████
████████████████▄▄▄         ▄█▀▀   ████████
███████████▀▀     ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄██     ▄████████
██████▀█▄                ▀▀▀█▄ ▄█████████
██████▄ █▄          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄███████████
██████▄ ▀█                ▄████████████
██████▄  ██████▄▄▄    ▄██████████████
▀██████▄██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████████████▀▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀

ONE

little

HELP CHANGES
EVERYTHING

..DONATE..
lumierre

Activity: 862
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 05:33:45 AM

Of course most Americans would say no because the US Dollar's value is stable for now. However, if hyper inflation or deflation hits like in Venezuela, Argentina, Greece, or Cyprus hits, people's eyes will be opened the hard way. The smart ones see things before others do and that's how most people get rich.

CDEX-CROSS-CHAIN DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE PLATFORM
TOKENS FOR BITCOINTALK USERS FOR SIGNATURES! ANN TREAD ! WHITEPAPER ! LITEPAPER !
Taras
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1053

Please do not PM me loan requests!

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 06:09:07 AM

This was exactly how I was thinking about the threads title...
I hope we're right Wink
Le Happy Merchant

Activity: 634

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 07:18:25 AM

-B-

Now i know what your IQ score is.  Roll Eyes

Actually it is.

IQ tests were designed to plot human intelligence across a normal distribution. The creators placed 100 at the very center, set 15 to be the standard deviation, and from there were able to describe all levels of intelligence relative to the 'average intelligence'.

lyth0s
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

World Class Cryptonaire

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 08:41:19 AM

-B-

You're assuming that the poll takers had a normal distribution of IQ. If people with a lower IQ were more likely to answer the poll, then you could in fact have 100% of the people say they wouldn't buy bitcoins and yet their average IQ could be under 100. For a small sample size of 5000 I'd doubt they had a normal distribution of IQ's....not even accounting for the probability that people that would answer such a poll are more likely to have a lower IQ IMO.

Monero - Truly Anonymous Digital Cash. Bitcoin Reading List 2017
seriouscoin

Activity: 658

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 08:54:48 AM
Last edit: March 15, 2014, 09:08:38 AM by seriouscoin

-B-

Now i know what your IQ score is.  Roll Eyes

Actually it is.

IQ tests were designed to plot human intelligence across a normal distribution. The creators placed 100 at the very center, set 15 to be the standard deviation, and from there were able to describe all levels of intelligence relative to the 'average intelligence'.

Great now you just removed all my doubts..... yup your score is pretty low. Go take some Statistic class, you're talking to a person with a degree in Actual Science.

Edit: i dont feel like reading your reply again so i'm gonna end this. Its easy for you to read and copy some txt on website without actually understand what it is. Avg or mean of the normal distribution is 100, with the standard deviation is 15 means :

95% of the population is within 70-130 (double SD). So yes its possible to have 95% below 100. Its not "50/50" like some "gambler" when they think of avg.

600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 09:06:16 AM

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/03/14/bitcoin-class-action-seeks-500m-compensation-for-canadian-users

I was just reading this article about the class-action lawsuit against Mt. Gox being filed in Ontario. They have a poll asking if one would ever buy bitcoins. Over 5000 voters and 95% voted no, while only 3% voted yes.

3 % ain´t bad, actually.

if 3 % of the world population would buy, bitcoin for 100 dollars that would make 

216 000 000 mio users and additional market cap of $ 21 600 000 000

ccmf todamoon alert...
BitCoinsLOL

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 01:53:31 PM

-B-

Most people don't have the time to learn about BTC and all they hear is bad news. I wouldn't call someone stupid because they won't invest without due diligence.

I never thought my life could be. Anything but catastrophe. But suddenly I begin to see. A "BIT" of good luck for me. Cause I've got a golden ticket!
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 02:15:01 PM

So 5% would? Cool, 50x increase from now.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: