Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 03:46:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Is there any ICO rating websites we can trust?
No, there is no trusted ICO rating websites. - 44 (71%)
Yes, there are trusted ICO rating websites. - 18 (29%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: IS there any ICO rating websites we can trust.  (Read 7514 times)
masterusd (OP)

Activity: 138
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2019, 05:02:01 PM

I used to think that some of the top ICO rating websites were trustworthy. After all, many have an automatic evaluation, and that cannot be faked, right?
Well after working for an ICO project for 3 months, I think otherwise. Most of the websites are rubbish. They are happy for new projects to be added and happy to give good rates in exchange for potential traffic/their logo on ICO's website. Another problem is that automatic reviews don't mean much. It's pretty easy to fulfill the requirements by adding lots of info about the project and get a good rate with a simple and potentially dangerous for investors project. And expert rates, just like views, comments, articles and many other things can be bought. ICOs are very risky, even if the team is not intending to scam anyone, there's no guarantee the project will be successful. And there's no website that can help with that.

This sentence is very important and i hope every one understand that  even if the team is not intending to scam anyone there's no guarantee the project will be successful.

With MUSD No risk any more.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5181949.0

The investors are protected.

almiani

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 05:03:45 PM

I don't believe in the ico rating on the website because not all of them are correct and provide a lot of inaccurate data, even some people give feedback.

Rana590

Activity: 1750
Merit: 267

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 05:07:46 PM

In my opinion, ico rating is not sufficient for investing on ico. There are many ico rating website where many people are giving positive ratings for some money. You should choose and analysis best one.
ecoin_org

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 05:09:15 PM

No, not really (you have to consider it from the operators perspective).

Scenario 1, they get paid to list the ICOs and rate them.

Scenario 2, they get paid for ads on the page and do not care to do proper due diligence on the ICOs they list, just to get user hits and the more the merrier.

Scenario 3, they charge for investment advice (if they were so good at investing, they would not need to sell advice).

Scenario 4, they are a straight shill operation just praying you are dumb enough to buy into any of their ICOs so they can steal your bitcoin or other liquid crypto like Litecoin or Ethereum.

Scenario 5, close to scenario 4, they are buying into low liquidity ICOs early hoping to sell you their shitokens at a higher price.

I would say you have to think like a venture capitalist when considering ICOs and even then it's a long shot, invest in the people not in the vision but also make sure the vision makes practical sense.  Likely the only ICOs to hold any weight for long are going to be product centric from here out (think of products like BNB Binance Coin).

As far as pure value pyramid goes, it hardly makes sense to invest in any other Bitcoin and give it 10 years for 'huge' returns.  I say 'huge' because even 100% over 10 years is huge by traditional standards, it is not likely to beat 6% over a decade per year in the Stock Market or Real Estate, certainly not in precious metals, certainly not in bonds.

Happy Hunting.
Shenzou

Activity: 1400
Merit: 283

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 05:28:06 PM

Some people think there are trusted ICO rating websites, if you believe there are ICO rating websites we can trust please share it with us.

The purpose of this post to help investors or any one to take a decision in investing.

I know there is crypto rating which is where you could find some reviews about ICO and tokens, but i really don't recommend you to take anyone's review and just decide yourself whether the project is worth investing in or not, because these all could be manipulated and  they could be just a scam,  so read the white paper and look up the development team and read about the project in forums and see if people think of it before investing.
virtualx

Activity: 672
Merit: 507

LOTEO

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 05:47:04 PM

Initially when I was a newbie in the crypto space, I relied so much on their so called expert advice whenever I wanted to invest, but I have been dealt with severely and I experienced my greatest lost when I invested in doctailor by following their ridiculous ratings. It was after my sad episode that I came to the realization that most, if not all ratings are paid for by these project organizers.

For now I, I will say go up on icobench, look around but do your own indepth analysis and due diligence.

...loteo...
DIGITAL ERA LOTTERY

r

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████████▄
▄██  ███████▌ ▐██████████████▄
▐██▌ ▐█▀  ▀█    ▐█▀   ▀██▀  ▀██▌
▐██  █▌ █▌ ██  ██▌ ██▌ █▌ █▌ ██▌
▐█▌ ▐█ ▐█ ▐█▌ ▐██  ▄▄▄██ ▐█ ▐██▌
▐█  ██▄  ▄██    █▄    ██▄  ▄███▌
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
r

RPLAY NOWR
BE A MOON VISITOR!
[/center]
masterusd (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2019, 06:16:55 PM

Initially when I was a newbie in the crypto space, I relied so much on their so called expert advice whenever I wanted to invest, but I have been dealt with severely and I experienced my greatest lost when I invested in doctailor by following their ridiculous ratings. It was after my sad episode that I came to the realization that most, if not all ratings are paid for by these project organizers.

For now I, I will say go up on icobench, look around but do your own indepth analysis and due diligence.

But icobench is reported as a worst ICO rating websites ( i read this in one post here), they listed a scam projects, that projects passed KYC and with high rating. do you agree with this?

Vispilio
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1631

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2019, 06:35:09 PM

Almost all so called "ICO advisors" get paid in tokens or some other kind of lucrative deal (you promote me in return I'll promote your coin, etc.)

so you have to do your own independent due diligence instead of relying on any rating agency...

odukoyaewatomi27

Activity: 536
Merit: 15

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 09:23:02 PM

I usually don't consider ICO rating websites analysis when making my decision whether or not to get into a project and that is because most of these ICOs rating websites opinion are biased and driven by money, so they rate any project that can pay well high and rate those that didn't pay low or average. But the only ico website that I think still has integrity is Icodrops. 

●          ◯        M O N O P O L Y   M I L L I O N A I R E        ◯          ●
████ ███ ██ █        Diversified Gaming Platform Covering Staking, NFT and Metaverse Games        █ ██ ███ ████
Facebook     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     LinkedIn     |     Github     |     Discord     |     Medium     |     Reddit
darkangel

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 09:33:09 PM

Of course there are good cryptocurrency review sites. I mostly use icodrops.com and icobench.com although the first is more sophisticated and they are good places to start. But if you want a more elaborate review, then you can join some quality Telegram groups I know. @Cryptodiffer and wolfcrypto (@WolfCryptoAnnounce) .Even some Top project CEOs do host AMAs there
kalstarzz

Activity: 770
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 09:35:34 PM

yes, it never existed, if it existed and was trusted, I am not sure that ICO will attract investors. especially after many successful IEOs.
most ICO rating sites have collaborated with projects that will be launched on the site, and it is very easy to get high retention. so we can't believe that.
InwardContour

Activity: 644
Merit: 260

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 09:42:57 PM

Never trust any ICO rating website, they only guide you to research more.  Well the likes of ICODROPS and ICOBENCH have been cool over time, but it doesn't mean they don't do paid ratings, you should do proper personal research before making decision on buying in any ICO, IEO, STO or any form of token sale to avoid regrets.
ryzaadit
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1233

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 09:50:26 PM

How an idiot person, investing because of third parties platform/shilling influencer. You should know the reason why you put your money on the project, ICO Website review not gonna help you for your investment, use your own due diligence and speculate by yourself after that decide if you think the project has a potentially successful project invest on it if not then avoid it.

An investor like this, just like a fish waiting to bait with their promise from the project or other things, I don't know why everyone cant makes their own due diligence if you can't do it that better avoid invest to an ICO project.

Most of ICO Review Score are getting paid to give a good score, some of them participate at the bounty program too.
masterusd (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2019, 09:25:05 AM

Of course there are good cryptocurrency review sites. I mostly use icodrops.com and icobench.com although the first is more sophisticated and they are good places to start. But if you want a more elaborate review, then you can join some quality Telegram groups I know. @Cryptodiffer and wolfcrypto (@WolfCryptoAnnounce) .Even some Top project CEOs do host AMAs there
Despite the reservations on ICObench but it is Useful information, hope this help others.

MikeyVeez

Activity: 896
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 07, 2019, 09:48:36 AM

I would say that ICO rating sites are like website betting tips. They are predicting the future based on informations they have. But they do not know, if team really wants to continue after token sale or they only grab money and leave.

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
ganeshramk

Activity: 868
Merit: 104

View Profile
July 07, 2019, 10:03:32 AM

There are couple of them. I always start with ICObench. Then ICOrating. And always I try to look into many sites for the review comments and scoring. If most agree on the project content, then only I will move ahead with my view on looking further in-depth into the project.
lizarder

Activity: 1596
Merit: 882

View Profile
July 07, 2019, 12:09:05 PM

from what I see, some rating sites ico are cheating, because their projects are mostly not suitable, even worse is scam project, but there are also rating sites that give bad ratings, but the project is actually a pretty good project to be a rating site for when this is not very trustworthy

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
mazdafunsun

Activity: 490
Merit: 123

View Profile
July 07, 2019, 12:18:24 PM

Some people think there are trusted ICO rating websites, if you believe there are ICO rating websites we can trust please share it with us.

The purpose of this post to help investors or any one to take a decision in investing.

Until recently i was very skeptical and even negative about any crypto rating sites, but few weeks ago I saw that icobench uses Bitcointalk scam accusation section for reference to ICOs which are listed on their web. This is something that gives some confidence back to icobench.

aioc

Activity: 2940
Merit: 567

View Profile
July 07, 2019, 12:50:19 PM

My advice to investors is to never use these rating sites, they are deceiving investors by giving false ratings and giving false hopes, they are conniving with scam projects, so they can be considered as part of the scam projects if you can find rating sites that do not offer a premium list and just do impartial reviews then you can follow that rating site.

Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
July 07, 2019, 02:02:39 PM

None as far as I can tell. Most ICO rating sites are centralized and it is hard to get honest rating through such centralization except a rating website decides to be honest. I would advice you not to see them as source of credible information about new prejects
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: