Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 05:49:52 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fishing out scam projects PART 1  (Read 175 times)
Fluxtorrence9 (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 05:35:36 PM
Last edit: July 06, 2019, 07:34:36 PM by Fluxtorrence9

I've made up my mind to start helping people fight off scammers and con artists in crypto space by leaking out ways you can detect fake projects so I'm going to make this short and quick.

Good projects don't just pop out of no where ,they take time to get built and it takes time to build the ideas developers wants to implement in every project ,scam projects are the ones that pop out of no where

You should get used to tracking projects website using domain search tools like whois domain search ,you will know when the project has been in development by the developers .

For example I'm going to use miracletele project to illustrate,the fact is miracletele project domain has been created since 2017 ,yes that's so true ,the professional teams have been developing the project and planing what strategy they will use since 2017 and carefully gathering the pieces together.

Check this link below showing how I track the website

https://imgur.com/a/Vud7pV6

Miracle tele project ANN page was created on April 23 2018 ,that's when crypto space know what miracletele is ,this is the ANN link

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3380042.0

The truth I want you to hold in your left hand and not throw away is GOOD PROJECTS TAKES TIME TO BUILD, you need another proof?

Check out GOWITHME project too

https://imgur.com/a/6JSUmh2

And GowithMi ANN page was created on Dec 28 2018 ,check the ANN link below

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5090322

As you can see,GoWITHMI has been in development since 2017-7-7 ,this shows that they are no nonsense projects but what about scam projects ? If you track their DOMAIN I'm sure they are build a month ago or like some that I track that they are built few weeks ago , the difference is clear ,they have nothing to offer,all they are after is the funds. I'm not going to start naming the scam projects but if you think they aren't among us right now you are so wrong.

Do the findings yourself from now on and this is not about getting your reward when bounty ends ,sometimes its all in the bounty managers hand but this thread is about how to detect scam projects,you can use  https://www.whois.com/whois/ for your tracking, just insert the website name and you will get full details

Note: I'm not saying that good projects can't fail ,yes they can but its better to waste time good projects that may or may not fail rather than scam projects.

I will keep finding ways to fish scam projects out to safe some bounty hunters time and energy though this is not the only way to fish out scam projects but its a part ,stay tunes for more

Peace out.
DDante

Activity: 434
Merit: 19

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 06:25:53 PM

This actually makes lota sense ,I never knew one can track the day a website was created ,guess I'm too noobie ,that's for the info i will start making use of this
bigcash2011

Activity: 1442
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2019, 06:48:32 PM

I like the way you have pointed out to track down quick and exit scams that have no basis and they come, collect money and disappear. You are absolutely right that all serious projects do need a lot of behind the scene and prior work before pinlic launch so personally i think it is a good parameter to check.

Greatchu

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 06:51:36 PM

Nice post, good projects need time to get developed ,I'm talking about years in development not sack jobs that takes weeks or month just to get hands of peoples cash and disappear into thin air

Kaniin

Activity: 88
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 07:04:10 PM

Good projects don't just pop out of no where ,they take time to get built and it takes time to build the ideas developers wants to implement in every project ,scam projects are the ones that pop out of no where
I agree here and if devs can't show how development proceeded in a timeline I would assume a high possibility of scam project. Of course, more facts need to be considered to say if it's a scam or not.
2Kool4Skewl

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2019, 07:07:25 PM

I think this is a very good and promising idea and the main thing is that it is very necessary at the moment.  because for some reason, there are more and more scammers who want to make money here and now and there are a lot of scammers.  therefore I think this project has a good future.

▄████████▄
                  ▄████████████████▄
             ▄██████████████████████████▄
      ▄███████████████████████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████████████████
     ███████████████████████████████████████████
      █████████████████████████████████████████
       ███████████████████████████████████████
        █████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████████████████████████████
          █████████████████████████████████
           ▀█████████████████████████████▀
             ▀█████████████████████████▀
               ▀█████████████████████▀
                 ▀█████████████████▀
                   ▀█████████████▀
                      ▀███████▀
TRUSTEE 
cabron

Activity: 2856
Merit: 603

https://www.betcoin.ag

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2019, 07:11:21 PM

Situations change when tragedy comes though, you may look at the project is real and are developed for years but when bear market affects its funds, they will end up stopping the development and the scam begins within the team itself. If you take a look at the projects asking for funds last 2018, there were good projects but didn't make it. Some token weren't listed on exchanges while the team keeps updating the community like they are working hard but really not.

casperBGD
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1151

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2019, 07:40:03 PM

when i hear good projects take time to develop, one year does not sound enough, does it?
i agree that it is good to have time between website registration and announcement of project, but that could be different due to marketing purpose, name taking and similar things, constant development is the most important
i agree that MiracleTele and GoWithMe have development, and are not scams
jessyj48

Activity: 756
Merit: 14

View Profile
July 07, 2019, 06:08:08 AM

when i hear good projects take time to develop, one year does not sound enough, does it?
i agree that it is good to have time between website registration and announcement of project, but that could be different due to marketing purpose, name taking and similar things, constant development is the most important
i agree that MiracleTele and GoWithMe have development, and are not scams
The only fact I agreed with on this post is scammers always rush things up since they aren't planning anything at all in the first place ,so they open website and go straight to the point

Swaap | Nova Bank
----------------------------------------------
[ GET | ACCEPT | EXCHANGE | WALLETS ]
btc78

Activity: 2534
Merit: 215

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
July 07, 2019, 06:32:13 AM

I guess you need to transfer this in scam accusations board or at least in Meta I guess since this is very helpful and your dedication would Ben rewarded by merit in those sections,put it here

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=129.0

I hope with this the awareness of each and everyone will spread and become alert in every situation like this to prevent becoming a victim

Saisher

Activity: 2310
Merit: 175

View Profile
July 07, 2019, 06:39:24 AM

Even if the project or domain has been listed two to five years ago it's not a guaranty that the project is legit and will become a successful ventures, I have seen so many ICO with already existing project two or three years ago but failed to generate funding, but what you've shown is a one of the way to detect dubious project.
Samboo

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

www.thegeomadao.com

View Profile
July 07, 2019, 06:57:39 AM

We, investors and bounty hunters, should be aware enough to discourage scammers. For example, we should view website, whitepaper, and team of a project before investing or doing bounty campaigns for any project. This is one of the ways to discourage scammers. I have also heard about miracle tele, which is much professional and good team.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: