Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:46:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Rath's Lightning Network support service  (Read 336 times)
Rath_ (OP)
aka BitCryptex
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 3131

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 09:28:37 PM
Last edit: July 15, 2021, 05:18:59 PM by Rath_
Merited by LoyceV (4), 1miau (2), malevolent (1), nutildah (1), ABCbits (1), hosseinimr93 (1), Zicadis (1), RapTarX (1)

Would you like to contribute to the network by running your own node? Maybe you are having a hard time choosing the right wallet? You have just found the right place!

I am willing to help anyone who is interested in trying out the Lightning Network. Don't miss the Lightning hype train Cool

Make sure to take a look at the following threads before contacting me!

The Lightning Network FAQ,
Basics of the Lightning Network,
Electrum Lightning Network walkthrough.

I am also running my own c-lightning node. I can consider founding a dual-funded channel if you contact me beforehand.

My service is free of charge.

You can contact me on Telegram (@BitCryptex), send me a private message or an e-mail (bitcryptex@protonmail.com), or reply to one of my threads.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Zicadis
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1027

Dump it!!!

View Profile
July 08, 2019, 08:41:29 PM

Damn good move by making this free of charge. This  will help people not only get familiar with Lightning network but it could push commerical adoption for ecommerce stores, freelancers etc. Kudos to you.
Rath_ (OP)
aka BitCryptex
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2019, 08:28:39 AM

Damn good move by making this free of charge. This  will help people not only get familiar with Lightning network but it could push commerical adoption for ecommerce stores, freelancers etc. Kudos to you.

I don't have much experience with BTCPay Server so I am targeting individual users for the time being. Quite a lot of merchants have started accepting Lightning Network payments despite its early state.
Timelord2067
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 2216

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
December 28, 2019, 06:16:23 PM

I have a Zap LN wallet running 24/7 on my PC.  There are updates/activities however, I've checked the nodes that I have opened channels to and my wallet doesn't show up as being connected, hence no one can connect to me.

The same with my Eclair wallets running on my mobile phone and tablet. (which aren't on 24/7)

Any suggestions?

I'm also looking for a PC LN wallet that will accept twelve words not twenty-four.

ndalliard

Activity: 154
Merit: 177

View Profile
July 07, 2021, 08:09:25 PM
Last edit: July 15, 2021, 05:22:29 PM by ndalliard

i can only recommend rath as a person who is well versed around the lightning network. i didn't know this offer existed, but over the last days i was in contact with rath and bombarded him with beginner questions. he always replied and was very helpful. today we managed to open a dual-funded channel, which is an experimental feature in the c-lighting client. thanks for your help rath!

(for some reason i can't give you merit on this post, it is probably too old would be my guess...but still relevant)
Rath_ (OP)
aka BitCryptex
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2021, 05:15:16 PM

Bump. I have slightly updated the original post. If you are using an implementation which supports dual-funded channels then I can consider founding one if you contact me.

Transactions fees have been extremely low for quite some time. It's a good opportunity to open a channel for just a few cents.
6eer

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2022, 08:15:53 PM

hey @Rath how are you? hope you are doing well.

I've been reading your LN guides & I feel comfortable with your understanding/confidence in LN.

So, I wanna ask you if you could recommend me a node implementation to choose.

I tried both, LND & c-lightning, but not in depth so, I'm not quite sure about what are the advantages/disadvantage of each other or which criteria I should use.

I appreciate your advice.

6eer.
Rath_ (OP)
aka BitCryptex
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2022, 04:19:33 PM

So, I wanna ask you if you could recommend me a node implementation to choose.

I tried both, LND & c-lightning, but not in depth so, I'm not quite sure about what are the advantages/disadvantage of each other or which criteria I should use.

Here's a short summary:

LND:
- more resource intensive,
- some people have been complaining that their database grows by a few hundred megabytes/a few gigabytes per day (this applies to large nodes),
- big userbase - lots of plugins and third-party software like: Sphinx Chat, Zap Wallet integration, ThunderHub, charge-lnd,
- you can't move your database between different system architectures (ex. you can't switch from a Raspberry Pi to a normal server and vice-versa) so you have to close and reopen all of your channels,
- you can run LND as two instances - online one with public keys and offline one with private keys (remote signing).

c-lightning:
- less resource intensive,
- supports dual-funding, which is useful because you don't have to rebalance your channel if the other peer is willing to contribute some funds,
- you can easily open multiple channels in a single transaction via one command,
- supports BOLT12.

I have been running c-lightning without any problems for a couple of months now. I had used LND twice before. At some point, I regretted switching to c-lightning because I missed the integration with Zap Wallet but dual-funding and multifund turned out to be more useful.

I can't give you a clear recommendation as I don't know what you will be using your node for. If you have more questions, please reply in The Lightning Network FAQ thread. Other people might help you to make the decision. Also, we had a short LND vs c-lightning discussion there.
6eer

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2022, 05:39:36 PM

Thanks @Rath!

Appreciate your time!
I'll read them.

Best regards,
6eer.
DaveF
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 6234

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2022, 11:26:07 AM

Is you node Rath [keysend] down now and then? I opened a channel to it a couple of weeks ago and I keep seeing it go down for a while.
It always comes back, but all the other channels I have stay up. Just trying to figure out if it's you or me or just something between us.
OK....that made it sound like we are in a relationship....

I will probably have some time tomorrow to poke around if yours is always up.
As of NOW (7:15 AM EST) on the 26th it's showing offline to me.  (whacker1 node)

-Dave

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Rath_ (OP)
aka BitCryptex
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2022, 08:49:37 PM
Merited by DaveF (2)

Is you node Rath [keysend] down now and then? I opened a channel to it a couple of weeks ago and I keep seeing it go down for a while.
It always comes back, but all the other channels I have stay up. Just trying to figure out if it's you or me or just something between us.

It's my fault. Sorry about that. I have been experiencing some serious Internet problems for the past month. I am going to temporarily migrate my node in a few days to a virtual machine with more stable Internet connection.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: