Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:56:00 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will BITCOIN run out in 2140?  (Read 1090 times)
777Jolami

Activity: 700
Merit: 14

View Profile
July 11, 2019, 05:58:55 PM

I forgot the article that says about this.
but I remember that, reportedly Satoshi Nakamoto intentionally created a limited amount of bitcoin inventory. This is done to prevent inflation. From long-term predictions, BITCOIN has at least until the year 2140, all of which can be mined. If the number of Bitcoin continues to decrease, the price can soar in the future. how do you think about this, is it true that BITCOIN will run out in 2140?
The great thing now is that bitcoin and blockchain have become a part of people's lives. It is difficult to diagnose images that take place in such a long future. 2140 - Bitcoin halving last, synonymous with great value. Can pass the threshold that we can think of. 10 million USD? lol
HK88

Activity: 193
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 11, 2019, 06:22:58 PM

no one knows what will happen to bitcoin in 2140, and if it counts down from now it means 121 years to come. and this is beyond common sense because not necessarily among us are still alive in that year.

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

Erotic Industry on the Blockchain! RachelX

View Profile
July 11, 2019, 06:25:29 PM

The crypto market is unpredictable hence no one knows the future neither can we predict the future of bitcoin. I think bitcoin is still the top leading crypto coin in cryptocurrency at the moment and will forever be.

RachelX ✦ 
❝ THE REVOLUTION OF THE EROTIC INDUSTRY
WHITEPAPER ✤ ─────  FacebookTwitterInstagram ⋆  Telegram ⋆  YouTube ⋆  LinkedIn  ───── ✤ BUY RACH
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
July 11, 2019, 06:48:37 PM

If what you mean by "running out" is that no new bitcoin will be created by 2140 then it definitely will run out. But a constant growing price  (deflation) and a new mining fees will compensate for this.
Convery

Activity: 966
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 11, 2019, 06:52:24 PM

Miners will get rewards from mined blocks only from fees. That means that only 2 possible scenarios: 1. High fees in BTC value or 2. Low fees in BTC but with high USD value.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
baeva2

Activity: 728

View Profile
July 11, 2019, 07:16:38 PM

By 2140, the last bitcoin will cost an astranomic amount of money and hardly anyone can buy it. Perhaps the extraction of the last bitcoin will occur much later end due to the complexity of the extraction. No one can give accurate predictions.
Tungsten-1

Activity: 994
Merit: 256

View Profile
July 11, 2019, 07:21:32 PM

This is when block rewards for miners will stop, which is still pretty a far years to come. So miners will have to rely on transaction fees as a reward to keep the ecosystem running, before then, the price of bitcoin must have been high and reward will remain very attractive for miners.
We do not know anything right now. Why Bitcoin supply is limited is a question. Would some Satoshi Nakamoto be able to increase the number of supply again is yet another question. But according to the facts so far, Bitcoin will be available to be mined and only the Bitcoin is circulation would the Bitcoin in existence. But yes that is long time from now.
deadsilent

Activity: 1148
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 11, 2019, 07:37:19 PM

I think not. Even the last drop of Bitcoin is mined. Bitcoin will be circulating just like money. It doesn't make any sense if they even use it for something. Unless you keep it and you forgot it. For sure they will use it but something. Also it's not a big deal to me because we have mbtc and satoshis. If you can't buy a Bitcoin at that time, we have that denomination to choose. That's the purpose of making them. Just like Ether for ETH.
dabenko

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 11, 2019, 10:04:26 PM

How wished that this could happen. If it happens, i will like to witness it and not only that, but for me to have some at hand. The occurrence of such thing will bring about scarcity in btc and that will translate into extreme price increase. Perhaps, it might be the time that the threshold price of btc envisaged will come to pass.
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 575

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 06:10:28 PM

but I remember that, reportedly Satoshi Nakamoto intentionally created a limited amount of bitcoin inventory. This is done to prevent inflation. From long-term predictions, BITCOIN has at least until the year 2140, all of which can be mined. If the number of Bitcoin continues to decrease, the price can soar in the future. how do you think about this, is it true that BITCOIN will run out in 2140?
Its only for the last bitcoin to be mined but the value of bitcoin will still remain in 2200 or in 3000 or so on as long as there are holders for it.
No, the price won't remain the same. Again, if there are holders, the price will bound to rise. After all bitcoin has been mined and the cap has been reached, scarcity will start to be created when adoption of crypto currencies take place. The amount of bitcoin is limited, but the population is not limited. The more the people starts to acquire and hold bitcoin, the less number of bitcoin will exist in the market driving more demand and causing the price of bitcoin to rise. Simple economics.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Pithaxz

Activity: 453
Merit: 2

https://goldeth.io/

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 07:00:28 PM

no one knows what will happen to bitcoin in the year 2140 later, but if bitcoin will really run out in the mine, the price will automatically increase higher because there will be many holders who sell it. and it will continue like that, demand and supply will continue.

Where Digital Assets Meet Real Life Value!
GETH     [   DECENTRALIZED GOLD   ] (https://goldeth.io/)
[url=https://x.com/goldethcryp
Skieleton

Activity: 686
Merit: 282

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 07:08:21 PM

This year I will be dead so I'm not worried about it Smiley. The fact is Bitcoin is very difficult to extract. The price of Biotcoin is unstable in recent years. It is impossible to predict what will happen in a year ...
Ozero

Activity: 2086
Merit: 180

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 07:29:03 PM

Bitcoin will not end in 2140, this is the ultimate date when all 21 million bitcoins will be mined. However, I think this will happen much earlier. Technologies are constantly being improved and either will find a way to extract bitcoins before this time, or the need to continue mining will disappear. The reasons for this may be completely different, including changes in technology and the transition of a cryptocurrency to a higher level of development.
dearbesz1219

Activity: 924
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 07:30:45 PM

There will be no more new mined Bitcoins plus you have to think about how many Bitcoins will be lost and then think about how many people could use it in the future = 1 million dollar is highly possible for 1 BTC if everything goes smoothly.
Marble777

Activity: 736

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 07:44:00 PM

if you have bitcoin you will become a billionaire but if you are still alive in the year 2140, honestly I can't imagine until that year even if bitcoin is completely used up in the mine it will not be completely used up. I mean if the number of bitcoins decreases, chances are that market demand is increasing or bitcoin users are unlimited due to their high value.

E x p e r i e n c e   t h e   F u t u r e   o f   D e F i
██ ███ ██    C a t e n a  X    ██ ███ ██
|        T w i t t e r        |      T e l e g r a m      |   A N N   T h r e a d   |         G i t h u b         |
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 10:32:46 PM

It is assumed that all supply will be mined by that year. And when it happens, most of the miners will continue to mine and they will do it to confirm transactions. That will be the time of scarcity for bitcoin, demand will increase for sure but we dont know what will happen next if we manage to live up until to that time.
Eildosa

Activity: 572

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 11:21:15 PM

I don't think it makes sense to look that far and wonder what will happen in the future. The future is unpredictable and anything can happen. Perhaps there will be some kind of replacement bitcoin. We'll never know. But the price of bitcoin will not grow if there is no demand for it.

Anonymous100

Activity: 423

View Profile
August 01, 2019, 12:24:00 AM

My question is, are we still alive in 2140? I think we are discussing too far, and it is impossible to answer at this time. Indeed, the target of Bitcoin is long term. Every day the Bitcoin miner continues to grow. I think that in less than 50 years Bitcoin will run out in the mine. Bitcoin stock is very little.

In the context of prices it is very dependent on the world's rulers. At present the ruler of the world is Satoshi Nakamoto, even though we don't know him. He was present not to be remembered by anyone, with his program that was so great.

It is possible that the next decades of technological developments will become increasingly sophisticated. And a new hero will be born. If he agrees with Bitcoin, then Bitcoin will survive. If not, they will develop new technology and leave Bitcoin or Blockchain technology.

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
August 01, 2019, 12:33:34 AM

My question is, are we still alive in 2140? I think we are discussing too far, and it is impossible to answer at this time. Indeed, the target of Bitcoin is long term. Every day the Bitcoin miner continues to grow. I think that in less than 50 years Bitcoin will run out in the mine. Bitcoin stock is very little.

In the context of prices it is very dependent on the world's rulers. At present the ruler of the world is Satoshi Nakamoto, even though we don't know him. He was present not to be remembered by anyone, with his program that was so great.

It is possible that the next decades of technological developments will become increasingly sophisticated. And a new hero will be born. If he agrees with Bitcoin, then Bitcoin will survive. If not, they will develop new technology and leave Bitcoin or Blockchain technology.

We will not life again at that time but  it looks like you are very wrong about the context of bitcoin depend in the world's ruler. You can argue that through use the bitcoin technical analysis because bitcoin is having limited supply and we can argue this will be very expensive like a diamond. Gold is not a comparison for bitcoin at that time but the diamont will. Tech can't be erased and remember this.
ansarose1

Activity: 784

View Profile
August 01, 2019, 12:48:40 AM

I think no one knows when it is to run out. Everything has time to end and i think in that year 2140 is very far from now such that it is possible that bitcoin would run out at that time. Even now there are only few bitcoins left to mine, so in that long period of time bitcoin i think is not used, or let's say there would be a replacement for bitcoin. But time could tell in the future what really happens and will occur about cryptocurrency.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: