Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:25:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CRT] Certurium || a digital asset engineered for the ages  (Read 1655 times)
vitimers (OP)

Activity: 58
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 10, 2019, 01:50:34 PM
Last edit: April 21, 2020, 01:00:46 PM by vitimers
Merited by sdmax2018 (1)

Certurium

Introduction

Certurium is a fork of Bitcoin, and was conceived in 2013 as a rare commodity with the explicit goal of long term value apreciation. Today this purpose is being further refined for indefinite wealth storage – a digital asset engineered for the ages.

Certuriums parameters have been optimized to make it ideal for long term investments. It is important to understand that this is not an issued token but a decentrally mined cryptocurrency like Bitcoin. A purely peer-to-peer, decentralized digital store of value building upon Bitcoin, optimizing its paramaters and implementing technological components to leverage the blockchains advantages and cutting its disadvantages out.

The Perception of Bitcoin as a Transactional Currency

From its inception by Satoshi Nakamoto – whoever that might be – Bitcoin was intended to be (and was also positioned as) a transactional currency. Bitcoin was invented as a censorship free, trustless, decentralized peer to peer money. During all these years since the first Bitcoin transaction on January 3rd, 2009 the Bitcoin community fostered the image of Bitcoin as a new global currency.
However, as more and more people realize that Bitcoin might not be a great transactional currency, investors could also lose confidence in Bitcoin as an investment asset. Even though some observers have dubbed Bitcoin “Gold 2.0” one has to admit that Bitcoin is not ideally positioned as a pure investment coin.
Certurium was never positioned as a peer to peer money. From its beginnings it was designed purely as a digital asset.

Optimizations over Bitcoin

• Total number of coins is approximately 12'000'000
  • Replacing the SHA256 hashing algorithm used in mining with the NeoScrypt algorithm
  • Implementation of the T3 difficulty adjustment algorithm to prevent massive swings in difficulty
  • Block adaptations
    • Initial block-reward of 0.001 new coin per block
    • On average, one block is mined per minute
    • Block halvings happen every 2'100'000 blocks, which is about every four years
    • Block maturation occurs after 100 confirmations

Difficulty adjustment algorithm

Bitcoin’s difficulty adjustment algorithm is executed only once every 2016 blocks. While this works sufficiently well for Bitcoin where the hashing power experiences only minor fluctuations relative to the total hashing power, this is a big issue for Altcoins where typically the total hashing power is low. A sudden increase in hashing power causes a high block rate leading to a much higher coin inflation than intended. A sudden drop in hashing power prolongs the time required to mine a new block by factors causing users to wait for transaction confirmations for an unexpected amount of time which lowers the user’s trust in such a system. Consequently, it’s crucial to select an algorithm that adjusts the mining difficulty with respect to the changing hashing power. The Certurium team implemented the T3 difficulty adjustment algorithm in C++ on top of Certurium Core to offer the solution to this problem.

Website

https://Certuriumcoin.com/

Community

Exchanges

Chain Explorer

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/crt/

Github

Neoscrypt whitepaper

http://phoenixcoin.org/archive/neoscrypt_v1.pdf

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vitimers (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2019, 11:51:57 AM
Last edit: July 16, 2019, 12:35:21 PM by vitimers

UNIX BUILD NOTES

Some notes on how to build Argentum NT Core in Unix.

Heads-up: The build instructions are essentially the same as for bitcoin, so if you run into problems, make sure to google parallel bitcoin problems. Also, we haven't updated the usage(s) of variable name "bitcoin" in the code itself, because we had more pressing technological matters to attend to.

Note

Always use absolute paths to configure and compile Argentum NT Core and the dependencies.
For example, when specifying the path of the dependency:

Code:
../dist/configure --enable-cxx --disable-shared --with-pic --prefix=$BDB_PREFIX

Here BDB_PREFIX must be an absolute path - it is defined using $(pwd) which ensures
the usage of the absolute path.

To Build

Code:
./autogen.sh
./configure --disable-shared
make
make install # optional
This will build bitcoin-qt as well, if the dependencies are met.

Dependencies

These dependencies are required:

Library Purpose Description
libssl Crypto Random Number Generation, Elliptic Curve Cryptography
libboost Utility Library for threading, data structures, etc
libevent Networking OS independent asynchronous networking

Optional dependencies:

Library Purpose Description
miniupnpc UPnP Support Firewall-jumping support
libdb4.8 Berkeley DB Wallet storage (only needed when wallet enabled)
qt GUI GUI toolkit (only needed when GUI enabled)
protobuf Payments in GUI Data interchange format used for payment protocol (only needed when GUI enabled)
libqrencode QR codes in GUI Optional for generating QR codes (only needed when GUI enabled)
univalue Utility JSON parsing and encoding (bundled version will be used unless --with-system-univalue passed to configure)
libzmq3 ZMQ notification Optional, allows generating ZMQ notifications (requires ZMQ version >= 4.0.0)

Linux Distribution Specific Instructions

Ubuntu & Debian

Dependency Build Instructions

Build requirements:

Code:
sudo apt-get install build-essential libtool autotools-dev automake pkg-config bsdmainutils python3

Now, you can either build from self-compiled or install the required dependencies:

Code:
sudo apt-get install libssl-dev libevent-dev libboost-system-dev libboost-filesystem-dev libboost-chrono-dev libboost-test-dev libboost-thread-dev

BerkeleyDB is required for the wallet.

Ubuntu and Debian have their own libdb-dev and libdb++-dev packages, but these will install
BerkeleyDB 5.1 or later. This will break binary wallet compatibility with the distributed executables, which
are based on BerkeleyDB 4.8. If you do not care about wallet compatibility,
pass
Code:
--with-incompatible-bdb
to configure.

Code:
sudo apt-get install libminiupnpc-dev

ZMQ dependencies (provides ZMQ API):

Code:
sudo apt-get install libzmq3-dev

GUI dependencies:

If you want to build bitcoin-qt, make sure that the required packages for Qt development
are installed. Qt 5 is necessary to build the GUI.
To build without GUI pass
Code:
--without-gui

To build with Qt 5 you need the following:

Code:
sudo apt-get install libqt5gui5 libqt5core5a libqt5dbus5 qttools5-dev qttools5-dev-tools libprotobuf-dev protobuf-compiler

libqrencode (optional) can be installed with:

Code:
sudo apt-get install libqrencode-dev

Once these are installed, they will be found by configure and a bitcoin-qt executable will be
built by default.

Notes

The release is built with GCC and then "strip bitcoind" to strip the debug
symbols, which reduces the executable size by about 90%.

miniupnpc

miniupnpc may be used for UPnP port mapping. It can be downloaded from
http://miniupnp.tuxfamily.org/files/. UPnP support is compiled in and
turned off by default. See the configure options for upnp behavior desired:

Code:
--without-miniupnpc No UPnP support miniupnp not required
--disable-upnp-default (the default) UPnP support turned off by default at runtime
--enable-upnp-default UPnP support turned on by default at runtime

Berkeley DB

It is recommended to use Berkeley DB 4.8. If you have to build it yourself,
you can use the installation script included in contrib/
like so:
Code:
./contrib/install_db4.sh `pwd`
from the root of the repository.

Note: You only need Berkeley DB if the wallet is enabled.

Boost

If you need to build Boost yourself:

Code:
sudo su
./bootstrap.sh
./bjam install

Security

To help make your Argentum NT Core installation more secure by making certain attacks impossible to
exploit even if a vulnerability is found, binaries are hardened by default.
This can be disabled with:

Hardening Flags:

Code:
./configure --enable-hardening
./configure --disable-hardening

Hardening enables the following features:

Position Independent Executable: Build position independent code to take advantage of Address Space Layout Randomization
offered by some kernels. Attackers who can cause execution of code at an arbitrary memory
location are thwarted if they don't know where anything useful is located.
The stack and heap are randomly located by default, but this allows the code section to be
randomly located as well.
Code:
On an AMD64 processor where a library was not compiled with -fPIC, this will cause an error
such as: "relocation R_X86_64_32 against `......' can not be used when making a shared object;"

To test that you have built PIE executable, install scanelf, part of paxutils, and use:

scanelf -e ./bitcoin

The output should contain:

TYPE
ET_DYN

• Non-executable Stack: If the stack is executable then trivial stack-based buffer overflow exploits are possible if
vulnerable buffers are found. By default, Argentum NT Core should be built with a non-executable stack,
but if one of the libraries it uses asks for an executable stack or someone makes a mistake
and uses a compiler extension which requires an executable stack, it will silently build an
executable without the non-executable stack protection.

To verify that the stack is non-executable after compiling use:
Code:
scanelf -e ./bitcoin
    The output should contain:
    STK/REL/PTL
    RW- R-- RW-

The STK RW- means that the stack is readable and writeable but not executable.

Additional Configure Flags

A list of additional configure flags can be displayed with:

Code:
./configure --help

ARM Cross-compilation

These steps can be performed on, for example, an Ubuntu VM. The depends system
will also work on other Linux distributions, however the commands for
installing the toolchain will be different.

Make sure you install the build requirements mentioned above.
Then, install the toolchain and curl:

Code:
sudo apt-get install g++-arm-linux-gnueabihf curl

To build executables for ARM:

Code:
cd depends
make HOST=arm-linux-gnueabihf NO_QT=1
cd ..
./autogen.sh
./configure --prefix=$PWD/depends/arm-linux-gnueabihf --enable-glibc-back-compat --enable-reduce-exports LDFLAGS=-static-libstdc++
make
vitimers (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2019, 01:11:06 PM

Connect to node 194.182.179.84 when you have successfully built your Argentum NT Core node
AkiAfroo

Activity: 114
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 11, 2019, 03:30:53 PM

Initial block-reward of 0.1 new coin per block

Huh
vitimers (OP)

View Profile
July 15, 2019, 12:54:45 PM

Initial block-reward of 0.1 new coin per block

Huh

The very low block reward in argentum NT is a design feature, which allows the sell pressure to be radically minimized, as miners typically sell their coins to pay for the mining equipment they are running. As Argentum NT is positioned and built as a long term asset and not as a currency, it is an advantage for the mining reward to be so low. Smiley
fabz

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 15, 2019, 01:31:02 PM

hello AGNT!
I've come across your announcement today - whoa! Your philosophy and tech is looking great!
Tell me, how and where can I buy your coin, do I have to have BTC first? Which exchange? And how do I store it? Do you have wallets?
I really like the idea of digital silver - with digital shine factor Smiley
vitimers (OP)

View Profile
July 15, 2019, 02:25:09 PM

hello AGNT!
I've come across your announcement today - whoa! Your philosophy and tech is looking great!
Tell me, how and where can I buy your coin, do I have to have BTC first? Which exchange?

Hello fabz and welcome to the AGNT project Smiley We will be listing our coin fairly soon, when you will be able to purchase it with BTC. USD and other exchange options will come later. The exchange will be announced on this thread, on twitter and on the telegram chat, so you won't miss it!

And how do I store it? Do you have wallets?
For now, the only wallet we have is the full node that is published on github. You will need to build it yourself. We are working on lightweight wallets that will make it very easy to store and send AGNT in the future, with added functionality of locking your coins for a set amount of time. Stay tuned for that!

I really like the idea of digital silver - with digital shine factor Smiley

We're committed to making digital silver a reality! With all the pros that digitalisation brings   Wink

alexjschaller

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 15, 2019, 05:14:40 PM

I came across your coin and the idea is really cool.

I have one question though, what insurance do I get on its longevity, since it is geared towards long term investments? Basically how can I expect my investment to not depreciate massively over time
vitimers (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2019, 08:27:46 AM

I came across your coin and the idea is really cool.

I have one question though, what insurance do I get on its longevity, since it is geared towards long term investments? Basically how can I expect my investment to not depreciate massively over time

This is achieved through various mechanisms. First of all, the mining reward is very low compared to bitcoin. That directly means a much weaker sell pressure that comes from miners having to sell their coins to pay for electricity. Secondly, we are working on various incentive mechanisms (like reward distribution to various long term holders) that will greatly reduce sell pressure even more. Thirdly, we are positioning ourselves as a long term asset and as such have an advantage over any crypto that positions themselves as a currency. Cryptos are much too volatile to be currencies, so any coin positioning themselves as one will ultimately hurt themselves in the long term. All of this ensures a higher trust in the asset and as such reinforces the idea of long term holding .
gold969

Activity: 1330
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 17, 2019, 11:12:52 AM

For now, the only wallet we have is the full node that is published on github. You will need to build it yourself. We are working on lightweight wallets that will make it very easy to store and send AGNT in the future, with added functionality of locking your coins for a set amount of time. Stay tuned for that!

is it a test mode now, or will a new network be launched when lightweight wallets is launched?

p.s.  install Ubuntu and start the node... Yes, I then begin to feel like a hero))) maybe better to wait for the wallet....
vitimers (OP)

View Profile
July 18, 2019, 07:16:07 AM

is it a test mode now, or will a new network be launched when lightweight wallets is launched?

p.s.  install Ubuntu and start the node... Yes, I then begin to feel like a hero))) maybe better to wait for the wallet....

The network that is now running is the mainnet Smiley The leightweight wallet will not be available soon, because we have other priorities!
AkiAfroo

Activity: 114
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 18, 2019, 09:03:46 PM

i compiled and is a btc wallet that created a .bitcoinv folder in Home the question is for to add the node what is the conf file name ? ... "bitcoinv.conf" ?

ok, done.! i find the way.  Grin
vitimers (OP)

View Profile
July 22, 2019, 01:29:41 PM

i compiled and is a btc wallet that created a .bitcoinv folder in Home the question is for to add the node what is the conf file name ? ... "bitcoinv.conf" ?

great Smiley If you need help with anything else, just let us know!
thin

Activity: 420
Merit: 108

View Profile
July 22, 2019, 01:59:29 PM

It is quite funny seeing in the github as various coin variables and even executive names are being changed from platinum and bitcoin to argentum 2 weeks after launch. Shouldn’t it done before?
vitimers (OP)

View Profile
July 22, 2019, 02:08:25 PM

It is quite funny seeing in the github as various coin variables and even executive names are being changed from platinum and bitcoin to argentum 2 weeks after launch. Shouldn’t it done before?

We were focusing on technical changes and wanted to get the fork out. At first, cosmetic changes - which have no effect on functionality - were supposed to be left alone so that we could quickly incorporate new BIPs ontop of our own technically differing system. We now changed some cosmetics to facilitate integration for block explorers and exchange listing Smiley
zoneterror

Activity: 164
Merit: 6

View Profile
July 22, 2019, 07:15:51 PM

RPCPORT HuhHuh
XCASH
Legendary

Activity: 929
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 22, 2019, 07:20:03 PM

What happened to the coins on cryptsy? The receiver gave some coins back to the devs if he couldn't sell them. Did he give the cryptsy Argentum back to a dev?
vitimers (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2019, 01:38:21 PM

RPCPORT HuhHuh

Please google bitcoin.conf Smiley
vitimers (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2019, 01:43:48 PM

What happened to the coins on cryptsy? The receiver gave some coins back to the devs if he couldn't sell them. Did he give the cryptsy Argentum back to a dev?
Maybe he gave coins to one of the earlier devs, but I wouldn't know
XCASH
Legendary

Activity: 929
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 23, 2019, 06:33:27 PM

OP should be updated with details on the Argentum's specifications: block rewards, block structure, and block reward halving points. They are basics for investors and stakers/ miners.

+1

Most of that information could be copied from the old thread. A few modifications to get it up to date is all that is needed.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1432608.0
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: