Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:01:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [POW] EPIC - Epic Private Internet Cash | MimbleWimble | Dandelion++  (Read 8182 times)
johnnywoo2015

Activity: 824
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 13, 2019, 03:19:48 AM

Wayan Garvey, aka Max Freeman, has conned scores of people into working for the promise of pay that he's since defaulted on.  He's appropriated investments intended for this purely community volunteer project for his own personal investments and habits (e.g. expensive opioid habit).   And now that Epic hasn't launched into the stratosphere, he's on medical leave.  Whether or not that's to attend to his opioid habit, his frail sense of self (psych ward), or if it's an excuse to deflect from the fact that he doesn't have the balls to face the music (the project is bankrupt), is anyone's guess.  

This guy defamed Grin and its developers.  He's been only slightly less derisive about Beam.  It wouldn't be long before their followers jumped ship for the Epic Cash Express.  He claimed to have visited Richard Branson and other interested investors at Necker Island, to have been in talks with Hoskinson and Antonopoulos, and to have a standing personal invitation from the president of Sierra Leone for all his philanthropic work in the country.  According to Garvey, Epic would take 2nd position in crypto market cap, behind Bitcoin, within the next 2 years.  It's been a bullshit stream of epic proportions coming from this guy's mouth, and people have been buying it.  Why?  It has nothing to do with decentralization, privacy, empowering the marginalized, or defeating the banks. It's all got to do with Lambos.  But what's new in crypto land?

The silver lining to this all is that the project is already proving to be such an epic failure that Garvey's 8.8% dev tax won't amount to much more than a BTC or 2.  Good riddance to Epic Cash.
Where did you get this information? Can you post a link to the original source? I follow the project, but did not notice such a negative as you wrote above.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
RandyHilarski

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 14, 2019, 02:01:08 PM

Indeed; this is essentially BitGrin (Grin + Bitcoin emission + mining tax) minus the Grin acknowledgement.

When asked earlier what distinguishes this project from BitGrin, they claimed it has no mining tax, which it now does.

There are key differences between Epic and Grin/Bitgrin, and this difference will increase as we progress on development. And again, we do acknowledge Grin in our white paper and soon to go public GitHub.

The budget emission is 8.8% first year and reduces 1.1% every year until zero. This is relatively much more modest than some coins and will help ensure we can continue developing and promoting. The ultimate goal is to transition from using a foundation to a decentralized autonomous organization.

https://i.imgur.com/N9MsgH2.png
bitgrin/epic minus dev tax ,surely will attract many miners.
dump from tax scared some miners.

There's still the foundation reward ratio per year, pretty much a dev tax however you want to look at it.

2x ppl running the show should this flop guess who's gonna dump on ya all

Now only 1 person running the show.  Legal representation, treasurer, and primary investor all resigned from the board.  Leaving just Max.  So it's a democratic vote of 1 on how the dev tax is distributed....

Epic coin getting ready for that epic failure right about now
Is it now? People complain about a Dev tax but don't mind getting shafted by projects with inflation that never ends. Epic Cash will be fine and does not rely on just one person. The catalyst was one person's idea but the vision will grow. Fudding a project with no ICO, No Pre-mine and supports privacy is tasteless.
onyabike

Activity: 150
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 14, 2019, 05:58:09 PM

Indeed; this is essentially BitGrin (Grin + Bitcoin emission + mining tax) minus the Grin acknowledgement.

When asked earlier what distinguishes this project from BitGrin, they claimed it has no mining tax, which it now does.

There are key differences between Epic and Grin/Bitgrin, and this difference will increase as we progress on development. And again, we do acknowledge Grin in our white paper and soon to go public GitHub.

The budget emission is 8.8% first year and reduces 1.1% every year until zero. This is relatively much more modest than some coins and will help ensure we can continue developing and promoting. The ultimate goal is to transition from using a foundation to a decentralized autonomous organization.

There's still the foundation reward ratio per year, pretty much a dev tax however you want to look at it.

Now only 1 person running the show.  Legal representation, treasurer, and primary investor all resigned from the board.  Leaving just Max.  So it's a democratic vote of 1 on how the dev tax is distributed....

Is it now? People complain about a Dev tax but don't mind getting shafted by projects with inflation that never ends. Epic Cash will be fine and does not rely on just one person. The catalyst was one person's idea but the vision will grow. Fudding a project with no ICO, No Pre-mine and supports privacy is tasteless.

Love the optimism but on a serious note you can't dismiss the obvious.

1. The devs already mined before 2nd September view the block explorer and the blocks mined and notice at the top says main net

2. Wallets poorly compiled together.

3. The devs a newb I mean cmon the guys trying to get us to download the wallet directly from a website away from github as opposed to the original source? Very amateur

4. The guys from Nigeria lol scam central of the world

5. The devs have 3-4 alias alone in here? Is that really necessary? Certainly not a good look

6. What will this coin do that makes it so special from other private coins forked off grin? Why should I choose epic cash over say beam/grin/bitgrin? Those other forks are alot more organized unlike epic

7. The group chats are all over the place, discord and telegram groups had different information apart.

8. Where's the dev tax wallet? How can we view and see how it's being used appropriately to grow epic?

9. How's it gonna grow if the dev disappears? So let's say someone comes along decided to grow epic, there is still that dev tax wallet get generated funds and accessed by one person? What's stopping that person from dumping on everyone? Is that really a liability you want, 1 person centralising the whole coin
onyabike

View Profile
October 15, 2019, 09:51:29 AM

Now only 1 person running the show.  Legal representation, treasurer, and primary investor all resigned from the board.  Leaving just Max.  So it's a democratic vote of 1 on how the dev tax is distributed....

Here's Randy Hilarski, the guy who has been using his brand media channels to shill Epic Cash.  Of course, Randy has been working with Wayan Garvey on this project, as he has on previous projects, so has a vested interest in seeing Epic pump.  

The catalyst's (Wayan Garvey's) vision was to build a token off of the sweat of others' unpaid labor, to collect a dev tax for co-ordinating the unpaid labor, and then to hyper-inflate the value of that token so he could dump it off for millions in fiat.  He was in discussions with the treasurer and the whitepaper author over how they might develop stablecoin and DEX interaction to manipulate the value of Epic Cash.  Before Epic launched and disappointed, Wayan had hopes of developing a stablecoin (EUSD) and a DEX (EDEX).  That same catalyst screwed over people that money was owed to after they'd put in significant amounts of work.  He took MethodX's  (a "friend" from the toner industry) $100k investment and then channeled it into other projects, such as Covario, with which Wayan intended to take advantage of DEXs to pump Epic Cash value.  If I'm not mistaken, Covario is a project that Todd Lewis (Brick Abode), a lead paid developer for Epic, is also a part of.

Wayan Garvey has a history of fraud and shady business dealings.  Epic wasn't the first time he took advantage of workers leaving them unpaid.  At his Impro Group office in Moldova he fired dozens of IT people without pay, and then moved their jobs to the lower paid alternative in Mudurai, India. Where, incidentally, much of the "volunteer" programming for the Epic project is being done.  He downsized in the Philippines, firing much of his staff and then raised frivolous criminal suits against them when they sought legal remedies for unrightful termination and and failure to pay wages after having worked for him for years, building his Philippines company from the ground up.  

His Impro Group warehouse burned burned down twice, netting him nice earnings about which there are those who will go on the record stating that Garvey bragged about sticking it to the insurance companies and walking away considerably richer.  He has previous sexual harassment suits as head of that organization.  He's been embroiled in civil suits raised by Xerox for encouraging contract violation and purchase of materials sourced through violated contracts with Xerox.  

What Garvey doesn't have is a history in crypto.  He only got involved in mid-2017 because of the windfall profits he saw everyone making, then let his greed get the best of him and lost his ass when the market dropped out.  He has no background relevant to this industry except for running a toner trading company that his father started.  And he has some friends in the financial sector that can assist him in screwing an undeveloped exchange infrastructure.  

Only months ago he was on about how large investors from respectable VC firms, as well as Richard Branson and company, we getting on board (he actually bragged about hanging out with them on Necker Island!) and how a large pool of investment would carry the committed Epic staff into next year and onward into layer 2 developments, Epic has more recently been stiffing translators for languages like Bengali, Igbo, and Persian, as well as the whitepaper author for month's work in research, authoring and advising.  This guy, Wayan Garvey (aka Max Freeman), is the sole recipient of the dev tax and unquestioned authority on everything that happens at Epic.

And now, where is he?  On medical leave?  Leaving you to tell everyone that they can't expect pay for their work because he's to spineless to come out and admit that he lied to everyone?  And to tell us that the project doesn't rely on him, when he is clearly the linchpin who everyone answers to.  Or is it because under all this pressure he's gone deeper down the opioid rabbit hole, leaving him without the facilities to push this project forward (but at least with MethodX's money to pay for those expensive ketamine and dilaudid shots)?

Who exactly is on the dev team?  What real developments are on the roadmap?  And how will they get paid?  What token value is needed to bring paid employees (assuming their contracts would actually be honored) on?  What is Wayan Garvey's cut out of the dev tax?  Why did the lead legal representation and the treasurer resign from the board?  And where do you fit into all of this?

Say what you will, but it seems like your championing of this project in the face of those who have already been taken advantage of, your disingenuousness, and the lies you're promulgating are what are truly tasteless.  

Here's the cock sucker on fb https://m.facebook.com/wayan.garvey
RandyHilarski

Activity: 2

View Profile
October 16, 2019, 05:24:32 PM
Last edit: October 17, 2019, 06:48:20 PM by RandyHilarski

Wow, I am seeing a new low here. Yes, I know Max going back 3 years. Once again I will remind you that the project is not just him. We have a community. He was the catalyst that brought us this coin. You can hate all you want but it does not change the quality of the project. The wallet works great. Development continues and folks can fud all they want. I have seen plenty of projects come and go in my years but this one has legs. I am sticking around! Hugs  Wink
CRF

Activity: 6

View Profile
October 20, 2019, 08:03:48 PM

This character assassination of Max is totally inappropriate. It's based on nothing but pure speculation. I do not claim that I know him personally apart from having a few conversations with him while I've been following the project as a community member. But I think that I know him well enough to say that he is not a low life scammer bent on hurting anyone involved with the project. On the contrary. I observed him honoring his promises to other people who were providing some services for the project on a number of occasions. He even went out of his way on one occasion to make things right even though it was clear to everyone that the third party screwed up, essentially paying twice for the same service...He tried his best to create an opportunity for everyone, especially for the small guy...The project is experiencing growing pains, some people left, which unfortunately happens all the time to every project I have been following recently as we people tend to disagree on everything from time to time...It's simply the fact of life. These difficulties and relentless work have taken their toll on him I would imagine, so I would urge everyone to respect his privacy and current situation until he is fully recovered and in a position to answer any issues that need to be addressed. My personal view is that the project still has a good chance of achieving its goals, despite the current difficulties. Time will tell if I was right about it.
stapow

Activity: 1

View Profile
October 29, 2019, 07:38:25 AM

is this project already dead?
MajorMiner

Activity: 147
Merit: 196

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2019, 12:13:34 AM

Dramalicious!
Looks like there is one seriously butt hurt individual creating multiple accounts and burning all of his former team members.
So many new accounts created just to bring this coin down ... for now...

*Analysis and Spoiler Alert!*
Project looks legit, despite the drama. NOTHING discussed in this thread invalidates the model, the tech or the usability of Epic Cash, the drama is just a show to keep the price down.
Looking at the difficulty people appear to be mining the crap out of Epic Cash, and looking at exchanges people are accumulating the crap out of Epic Cash at bargain prices!
Best part, the public does not give two shits about the drama, only that tasty difference between the bought and sold price.

Well played drama queens, please continue to entertain us!
*golf clap*

Full Disclosure - YOU KNOW I AM BUYING  Grin

"From a small seed a mighty trunk may grow." -Aeschylus
nadrojcote

Activity: 234
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 08, 2019, 03:10:15 AM

Dramalicious!
Looks like there is one seriously butt hurt individual creating multiple accounts and burning all of his former team members.

Project looks legit, despite the drama. NOTHING discussed in this thread invalidates the model, the tech or the usability of Epic Cash, the drama is just a show to keep the price down.
Looking at the difficulty people appear to be mining the crap out of Epic Cash, and looking at exchanges people are accumulating the crap out of Epic Cash at bargain prices!
Best part, the public does not give two shits about the drama, only that tasty difference between the bought and sold price.

*golf clap*

Full Disclosure - YOU KNOW I AM BUYING  Grin

Not sure what world you're living in, but the public clearly does give two shits. The price and net hash have dropped off significantly. Literally no one is buying. All the volume is faked on the two Chinese exchanges that have listed it. Chainrift delisted it because no one was buying.
nadrojcote

View Profile
November 08, 2019, 03:16:32 PM

Dramalicious!

*golf clap*

Full Disclosure - YOU KNOW I AM BUYING  Grin

I'm assuming this is John/JLong.  For what it's worth, from what I've witnessed, he is a standup guy.  

He was angry with me that I made a stink about being screwed.  Apparently, speaking up about mistreatment is tantamount to burning team members. Standing up for what is right be damned, let's vilify whistelblowers for damaging share value.  

I don't know who has the multiple accounts to which you've referred.  But if being butt hurt means being disgruntled over getting stiffed for 20 grand, then I am very butt hurt.  Many of my team members got screwed, too.  Yet instead of calling out the real culprit for our misfortune,  you blame people like myself for not keeping our mouth shut.  

By the sounds of it, though, I'm not the only one in this thread that is butt hurt...

It's likely that the individual who wrote this post was also guaranteed pay which he/she never received.  They have put a lot of work into the project and are hoping to reclaim that sunken time and effort via mining rewards.  Now all that EC they've mined is worth dick.  Whoever is mining EC is, of course, accumulating the crap out of it.  To sell at the going rate would mean selling at less than what it cost to mine.  But then who is buying?

Drama aside, why would someone invest in a project that has no dev team or road map, while other MimbleWimble projects have ambitious road maps and deep talented pools of developers?  For that matter, why not just BitGrin?  It's essentially the same as EC, except that EC has a slightly different emission schedule and some added mining algs.  BitGrin, as far as I know, hasn't yet screwed over contributors.  Nor does it have nearly 9% of its dev tax going to the one person who was responsible for screwing contributors over, does it?

Nice try at masking your disappointment, MajorMiner.  Kudos for dismissing unethical business practices as a pesky footnote to the ascension of EC token value.   *golf clap*

He obviously was an early miner that didn't sell and he's trying to save the price from tanking to 0, which will inevitably happen.
MajorMiner

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2019, 08:59:28 PM

Dramalicious!

*golf clap*

Not sure what world you're living in, but the public clearly does give two shits. The price and net hash have dropped off significantly. Literally no one is buying. All the volume is faked on the two Chinese exchanges that have listed it. Chainrift delisted it because no one was buying.

Ah yes one of those cheap, all-talk theoreticians. LOL "literally no one us buying"?
Literally you are full of shit and either flaunting your ignorance or lying on purpose.
Currently there are at least a couple of exchanges that are active, with real transactions, although one is much more active than the rest, plus several quiet P2P services, but I wouldn't expect you to know about that.
When you say the public clearly does give two shits, you misunderstood, the only relevant public is not the one caught up in the drama, but the public thats actually DOING something with Epic Cash - mining, accumulating, promoting, banking the unbanked, you know that kind of "real world actual actions" stuff, not armchair quarterbacking Smiley

MajorMiner

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2019, 09:15:46 PM

Dramalicious!

*golf clap*

I'm assuming this is John/JLong.  For what it's worth, from what I've witnessed, he is a standup guy.  

He was angry with me that I made a stink about being screwed.  Apparently, speaking up about mistreatment is tantamount to burning team members. Standing up for what is right be damned, let's vilify whistelblowers for damaging share value.  

I don't know who has the multiple accounts to which you've referred.  But if being butt hurt means being disgruntled over getting stiffed for 20 grand, then I am very butt hurt.  Many of my team members got screwed, too.  Yet instead of calling out the real culprit for our misfortune,  you blame people like myself for not keeping our mouth shut.  

By the sounds of it, though, I'm not the only one in this thread that is butt hurt...

It's likely that the individual who wrote this post was also guaranteed pay which he/she never received.  They have put a lot of work into the project and are hoping to reclaim that sunken time and effort via mining rewards.  Now all that EC they've mined is worth dick.  Whoever is mining EC is, of course, accumulating the crap out of it.  To sell at the going rate would mean selling at less than what it cost to mine.  But then who is buying?

Drama aside, why would someone invest in a project that has no dev team or road map, while other MimbleWimble projects have ambitious road maps and deep talented pools of developers?  For that matter, why not just BitGrin?  It's essentially the same as EC, except that EC has a slightly different emission schedule and some added mining algs.  BitGrin, as far as I know, hasn't yet screwed over contributors.  Nor does it have nearly 9% of its dev tax going to the one person who was responsible for screwing contributors over, does it?

Nice try at masking your disappointment, MajorMiner.  Kudos for dismissing unethical business practices as a pesky footnote to the ascension of EC token value.   *golf clap*
No I am not John, I am just a guy who is enjoying this project, and sees its potential.
I dont know all the details of the drama that ensued, and to be honest I dont really care.
I am one of those people who likes and respects peoples work without digging into their personal stuff - that list is long - Hemingway, Tesla, Machiavelli and many others...
Good Luck to you in your future endeavors.

nadrojcote

View Profile
November 08, 2019, 09:23:05 PM

Dramalicious!

*golf clap*

No I am not John, I am just a guy who is enjoying this project, and sees its potential.
I dont know all the details of the drama that ensued, and to be honest I dont really care.
I am one of those people who likes and respects peoples work without digging into their personal stuff - that list is long - Hemingway, Tesla, Machiavelli and many others...

You're completely ignorant to the fact that their personal life is affecting the dev funds and the long term life of this project. Good luck with your investing. And yes I do know of the two exchanges that currently have epic listed. If you watch the transactions they're almost all for prices that are not in the order books. It's very well known that the volume is faked on Citex and Bihodl. Open your eyes. There's absolutely 0 for volume other than the people dumping into the old buy orders.

Believe me when I say I want this to succeed as I also have a big bag from mining, but at this point I've written it off because of how useless this project is in comparison to the competition. There's plenty other projects out there with trustworthy dev's that do the exact same thing, on top of that they aren't clone coins like this. It took them weeks to fix simple problems with the API because it's not their code. The joys of cloning someone else's work and calling it your own.

MajorMiner

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2019, 11:16:49 PM

Dramalicious!

*golf clap*

I don't know who has the multiple accounts to which you've referred.  But if being butt hurt means being disgruntled over getting stiffed for 20 grand, then I am very butt hurt.  Many of my team members got screwed, too.  Yet instead of calling out the real culprit for our misfortune,  you blame people like myself for not keeping our mouth shut.  

You're completely ignorant to the fact that their personal life is affecting the dev funds and the long term life of this project. Good luck with your investing. And yes I do know of the two exchanges that currently have epic listed. If you watch the transactions they're almost all for prices that are not in the order books. It's very well known that the volume is faked on Citex and Bihodl. Open your eyes. There's absolutely 0 for volume other than the people dumping into the old buy orders.

Believe me when I say I want this to succeed as I also have a big bag from mining, but at this point I've written it off because of how useless this project is in comparison to the competition. There's plenty other projects out there with trustworthy dev's that do the exact same thing, on top of that they aren't clone coins like this. It took them weeks to fix simple problems with the API because it's not their code. The joys of cloning someone else's work and calling it your own.

Honestly I am not at all ignorant to the fact that their personal life is affecting the dev funds and the long term life of this project, which is why I am surprised at the "scorched-earth-let-it-all-burn-to-hell" approach. Its not constructive and anger will not get money back. I believe project has merit, just as much as it did when it started. Its far from perfect in execution, but in a sea of shitcoins this actually stands out to me. I am also glad you have a "big bag from mining", because I believe it will pay off, and I am all for EVERYONE making a buck. As far as exchanges padding the transaction list, in case of BiHODL its obvious to spot, small volume and inconsequential considering the rest of the volume is real. As far as everyone involved with the project from the beginning, I have nothing but respect for them going into such an ambitious undertaking and I hope they all get results in the end more tangible than just wisdom that comes from experience Smiley

MajorMiner

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2019, 11:27:53 PM

Dramalicious!

*golf clap*

You're adding Max Freeman to the list of the likes of Hemingway and Tesla?  His work amounted to giving BitGrin a slightly different emission schedule and some additional mining algorithms and branding this new groundbreaking work as his own idea.  Then promoting it as having substantial investment behind it, while giving community members the chance to contribute and get a piece of the pie fresh out of the oven.  Only problem was, there was no substantial investment, and the community members didn't get paid.  So, workers from India, West Africa, and Eastern Europe were, ultimately, stiffed.  I never agreed to work for future speculative coin.  I, instead, had an agreement for monthly pay, in fiat, for my work.  I too, ultimately, was stiffed.

Is this work you like and respect?  What about this project do you enjoy?  Who is working on it?  What are they working on?  Why aren't any of those at the helms of this project speaking out on its behalf?  What defining characteristics imbues it with potential not shared by BitGrin, Grin, or Beam?  Please, do tell.  
Sorry about Hemingway, I like to wax poetic sometimes  Roll Eyes. But, I am a little confused, if the project is as trivial as you say in terms of it being as you say a simple fork of grin, why did it require so many programmers and so much time to launch it? Translation is trivial, and I hate to say this but a lot of translations that I saw for this project are very subpar. Care to elucidate?

onyabike

View Profile
November 09, 2019, 10:16:53 AM

Epic failure coin the coin best left for the cleaners
MajorMiner

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2019, 03:29:30 PM

Dont quit your day job kid, you suck as a comedian  Roll Eyes

onyabike

View Profile
November 09, 2019, 07:53:25 PM

Dont quit your day job kid, you suck as a comedian  Roll Eyes

Yea but not as bad as you suck at shilling and trying to convince people epic is a good investment lol
Ms.Fungible

Activity: 39
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2019, 10:05:38 PM

Mudagandang umaga from Manila  Grin

Can anyone please recomend a good mining pool for Epic Cash?

ÅÑÇ€£Å
Ms.Fungible

Activity: 39
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2019, 10:42:06 PM

Mudagandang umaga from Manila  Grin

Can anyone please recomend a good mining pool for Epic Cash?

ÅÑÇ€£Å

Nevermind, found icemining pool trying now

ÅÑÇ€£Å
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: