Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:46:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BlackCoin vs NXT  (Read 3728 times)
mickyd

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 09:54:10 PM

Sounds good to me! How i can mine BC?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
eightspaces

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 09:57:23 PM

Sounds good to me! How i can mine BC?

you can't, its mining phase is over. it is purely PoS now, you can only buy it.

or mine at its multipool, which cashes out in BC
master-P

Activity: 868
Merit: 1001

https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 10:03:44 PM

If there's no mining in NXT, how exactly did the coins get distributed? Someone mentioned that people bought them initially. So the developer made BTC off of selling his premined coins? At least ripple gave some away for free... Tongue

Both these coins seem shady. 100% POS ensures the whales get richer.

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
Guide on How to Sign a Message
eightspaces

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 10:05:32 PM

If there's no mining in NXT, how exactly did the coins get distributed? Someone mentioned that people bought them initially. So the developer made BTC off of selling his premined coins? At least ripple gave some away for free... Tongue

Initial IPO of NXT was only 21 BTC.
PoS must be initially distributed- it lies in its nature.  The way BC did it was very smart : Proof of Work.

There's nothing shady with these. Just a lot of misunderstanding usually.
master-P

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 10:20:23 PM

PoS must be initially distributed- it lies in its nature.  The way BC did it was very smart : Proof of Work.

So how many people exactly received NXT in this initial IPO? probably just the dev and a close circle of his friends. This BlackCoin thing doesn't seem much better either. How long did the mining period last for? Probably only a few people got their hands on them before mining ended, which is weird as the coin is like 2 weeks old.

LiteCoin has a better distribution than both of these, and people can still mine them with GPUs. As far as I can tell, this BlackCoin only has pump-and-dump potential at the very most.

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 11:01:25 PM

So how many people exactly received NXT in this initial IPO? probably just the dev and a close circle of his friends. This BlackCoin thing doesn't seem much better either. How long did the mining period last for? Probably only a few people got their hands on them before mining ended, which is weird as the coin is like 2 weeks old.

LiteCoin has a better distribution than both of these, and people can still mine them with GPUs. As far as I can tell, this BlackCoin only has pump-and-dump potential at the very most.

http://maarx.nl/maarx.nl/blackcoin/distribution

I was from beginig and those top 10 places was floating 1m - 4m...
i think distribution of BC was ok.
There is no sense in ague about distribution because now eg with up coming ASIC for LTC will brake your great distribution like it is with BTC.
Only BTC farm can get some coins like that from cex.io.
Whole idea mining BTC for regular Joe was burrowed year ago.
Now only BTC farms get some BTC...
LTC was mined in 33% by gpus now with ASICs your distribution will follow BTC path...
I give LTC hmm 6-12 months and forget GPUs. That will be ASICs festival.

LTC was P&D too it took time to stabilize market. LTC price jumps 1$-50$-13$ ^^ yea P&D free during lifespan.
Give BC one year and then we can talk which distribution is better.
Today in one month of lifespown there is no sense to argue about it.

NXT is just other kind of distribution...

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
master-P

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 11:30:09 PM

There is no sense in ague about distribution because now eg with up coming ASIC for LTC will brake your great distribution like it is with BTC.
LTC was mined in 33% by gpus now with ASICs your distribution will follow BTC path...

LTC was P&D too it took time to stabilize market. LTC price jumps 1$-50$-13$ ^^ yea P&D free during lifespan.

ASIC miners don't kill distribution. Those people investing in ASICs are spending a lot of money and taking significant risk. Some may not even see an ROI. Whereas according to you, the initial investors in this BC had 1 to 4 million coins? Bitcoin also went from $1-$1250-$600, so you're right; all of them have been pumped and dumped. But some have more staying power than others due to infrastructure, interest, exposure, etc.

CoinTropolis_JustaBitTime

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 11:59:17 PM

Another nonsense coin compared against a complete ecosystem. Seems legit.
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 12:53:06 AM

ASIC miners don't kill distribution. Those people investing in ASICs are spending a lot of money and taking significant risk. Some may not even see an ROI. Whereas according to you, the initial investors in this BC had 1 to 4 million coins? Bitcoin also went from $1-$1250-$600, so you're right; all of them have been pumped and dumped. But some have more staying power than others due to infrastructure, interest, exposure, etc.

"ASIC miners don't kill distribution. "
This is not about killing this is making more about making miners monopoly and centralization of minig...
Whole idea of decentralization is to keep hash-power speared around the world ASICs  unfortunately
are going to making centralization of mining. Just look at hash power distribution now and 2-3 years ago.

Whole POS system idea is totally different than POW.
Eg. with POS crashes are healthy because crash brings new people inside circle.
In POW crash kicks out weaker miners...

Is hard today compare POS/POW we need time and some analyze both systems.

Give POS time to create it own.
NXT is live 3 months... BC 21 days.
After one year we can set up some conclusions.

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
qbd1313

Activity: 332
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 07:27:34 AM

Is BlackCoin a NXT Clone?
Not clone lol...

Blackcoin is 1st coin which turn of POW system after dystrybution !...
Other coins like eg Mint are still in POW/POS mix.(maybe 1 coin reward for POW block but allways).
BC transactions are in 5-15s usually. Other POS coins in reality have "POW" part and that is why they are bit slower.

Nxt was distrybuted in other way NXT was 1st POS in system
but Blackcoin was 1st coin distributed by POW system and it turned off POW and switched to pure POS.

BC is not clone NXT.
yes,but BC is clone BTC,right?
master-P

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 07:30:15 PM

Sure we can give it one year to draw conclusions. You can hold BlackCoin/NXT and I'll hold BTC and LTC Cheesy

n3lz0n

Activity: 618
Merit: 500

Go Bitcoin

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 06:10:02 AM

BC vs NXT?

what? sorry never heard of BC... but I heard a LOT about NXT...it will kill all these Crypto Exchanges once the NXT AE is released....

Go Bitcoin !!!!!!!!!!!
lopalcar

Activity: 312
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 08:53:44 AM

At least someone uses his brain... There's no point comparing the nxt ecosystem with the obsolote bitcoin clones.
BC is a bitcoin clone "basically" with minor differences like POS once all coins become mined, in the other hand, nxt is a complete new system which is open to do a great variety of things, not only asset exchange, but paralell chains, messaging, AT... take a look to how many things you can do with that and then compare it to bitcoin.
Really people don't realize about this differences?
And please, stop spreading the distribution shit... which percentage of population is a miner or is able to get bitcoins or bitcoin clones withouth buying them? The distribution is mainly between this forum members... So please, use a bit of common sense  Roll Eyes
ShroomsKit_Disgrace
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 09:56:39 AM

At least someone uses his brain... There's no point comparing the nxt ecosystem with the obsolote bitcoin clones.
BC is a bitcoin clone "basically" with minor differences like POS once all coins become mined, in the other hand, nxt is a complete new system which is open to do a great variety of things, not only asset exchange, but paralell chains, messaging, AT... take a look to how many things you can do with that and then compare it to bitcoin.
Really people don't realize about this differences?
And please, stop spreading the distribution shit... which percentage of population is a miner or is able to get bitcoins or bitcoin clones withouth buying them? The distribution is mainly between this forum members... So please, use a bit of common sense  Roll Eyes

^ So much TRUTH here ^
salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 10:19:51 AM

To my mind the most innovative thing about BC is the bcmultipool.  It's a black hole for scrypt altcoins which mines the most profitable coin, dumps it for BTC, and auto-buys BC.  It is constantly pushing up the bid for BC, and pushing down the bid for all the scrypt coins. 

One can easily understand how this could remove all the marketcap from every scrypt PoW coin, and move it into BC.  It's also a great way to mine BC indirectly, now that the PoW phase is over.

Nxt multipool, 50.000 NXT have already been mined on: http://hashrate.org
bitcoinpaul

Activity: 910

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 10:20:22 AM

Nxt multipool, 50.000 NXT have already been mined on: http://hashrate.org

+1
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 10:32:47 AM

NXT isn't just a simple all POS coin. There are several other (planned or existing) functions as well. In addition NXT is a new code base, but Blackcoin is a jet another clone.
slavo

Activity: 784

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 10:46:00 AM

Quote from: XbladeX link=topic=516421.msg571718 :-*1#msg5717181 date=1394915986
Then Bc is a Bitcoin clone!?  Or is written from scratch?
Pure POS part was writen probably from scratch we don't have any other working coin without POW disabled.

that's not true  Roll Eyes just search around  Grin

i was nxt stakeholder and i say that nxt is a total scam considering the initial repartition.

bc was more fairly distributed, only 7 days, but people had a fair time to buy it when it was cheap. i bought bc early at 2500 sat and saw it go down to 500 sat without much fear Smiley

i'm waiting for a decent nxt clone to buy in, and i have a nice stake in bc for long term.

Anyway every markets are fucked up right now due to this little chinese crisis :p so i'm buyin cheap alts 
salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 10:51:08 AM

Pure POS part was writen probably from scratch we don't have any other working coin without POW disabled.

i was nxt stakeholder and i say that nxt is a total scam considering the initial repartition.

bc was more fairly distributed, only 7 days, but people had a fair time to buy it when it was cheap. i bought bc early at 2500 sat and saw it go down to 500 sat without much fear Smiley

i'm waiting for a decent nxt clone to buy in, and i have a nice stake in bc for long term.

Anyway every markets are fucked up right now due to this little chinese crisis :p so i'm buyin cheap alts 

you mean Nxt when we were buying Nxt in November for 100 Satoshi? Or in December for 400-2000 Satoshi? Now you can buy for 5000 Satoshi
slavo

Activity: 784

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 10:53:15 AM

you mean Nxt when we were buying Nxt in November for 100 Satoshi? Or in December for 400-2000 Satoshi? Now you can buy for 5000 Satoshi

i mean i was in the 71 stakeholder list
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: