Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:48:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BlackCoin vs NXT  (Read 3728 times)
slavo

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 11:04:24 AM

If there's no mining in NXT, how exactly did the coins get distributed? Someone mentioned that people bought them initially. So the developer made BTC off of selling his premined coins? At least ripple gave some away for free... Tongue

Initial IPO of NXT was only 21 BTC.
PoS must be initially distributed- it lies in its nature.  The way BC did it was very smart : Proof of Work.

There's nothing shady with these. Just a lot of misunderstanding usually.

So how many people exactly received NXT in this initial IPO? probably just the dev and a close circle of his friends. This BlackCoin thing doesn't seem much better either. How long did the mining period last for? Probably only a few people got their hands on them before mining ended, which is weird as the coin is like 2 weeks old.

LiteCoin has a better distribution than both of these, and people can still mine them with GPUs. As far as I can tell, this BlackCoin only has pump-and-dump potential at the very most.

for a btc (200$) u could have had approx 40M nxt  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 11:06:17 AM

jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 11:09:37 AM

BC is essentially just a bitcoin clone with a very fast PoW phase so now the mining has finished.  Bitcoin will be like this someday too in a long, long time.  But as far as what's under the hood, they are the same and do the same thing.  There isn't anything that BC can do that bitcoin can't do and will adapt if needs be.  

NXT on the other hand is a whole new platform, not just a coin.  Right now, it is only a coin, alias system, and messaging system (already much more than BC), but an alpha asset exchange has already been released and is being tested.  On top of that mulit-sig is being worked on.  This has already had its proof of theory tested and proved successful but is still in the very early stages.  One developer has succesfully transferred Doge into the nxt ecosystem, had it represented by NXT and then had it safely transferred back out into Doge.   This isn't easy to do at all or many people would have already done it.  (I am talking about you Mastercoin). But if/when this is fully automated and working properly it will be the killer app.  That basically means NXT will be a decentralized Mt.Gox, except it can't fail.  No trust in a third party, no more wondering if an exchange will run with your coins.  While you make an exchange, the coins are always yours.  On top of that, the fees are planned to be much lower.  Comparing any current coin and NXT is kind of silly.  Ripple could be compared but has its flaws too, and maybe in the future Ethereum, but....... Ethereum is in development and NXT is here now.      

BC is just another bitcoin twist marketed and hyped to be something really cool and special, but is really the same old thing.  

Truthfully, we don't know what exactly NXT will achieve.  Its flaw is that its original IPO didn't have that many investors.  At the same time, its IPO was open for a very long time, anybody could have joined, but 99.99% of people thought it was a scam.  People constantly harassed the developer saying he was just taking the BTC and running.  In the end, he gave the community the most interesting surprise since bitcoin, and out of nowhere.  

People said bad things about it because the IPO was so small.  But in fact, in someways that is also its strength.  A few hundred people ended up being big holders after the first few weeks, mostly big whales and nerd types.  The whales are giving out huge bounties to anybody developing the code, and the people that can actually code (not just copy and paste), are working really hard to develop it.  In this way a nice community has been built by people that won't have anything to gain unless NXT is very successful and to that end NXT is being developed quite well.  If you would like to have a look, please click here and try out a test network beta of the next nxt client.  http://nxtra.org/nxt-client/

Or install the current real client https://nxtforum.org/nrs-client-how-to-help/(nrs)-(0-8-12)-latest-nxt-client-and-english-tutorial-(2014-03-21)/  and get some free coins from a faucet here.  http://nxtra.org/faucet/

As of right now, NXT is more or less just another coin with a very green mining system and a few options.  Not actually that much different from much that is already out there, in six months from now if nobody is able to write code, it will still just be a coin with a few more options than any other coin right now, but if the developers come through, it will be far superior than anything the community has. Seriously!

Djinou94
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 11:10:16 AM

a new chance for everyone

BC!
LiQio
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 11:43:07 AM

Quote from: XbladeX link=topic=516421.msg571718 :-*1#msg5717181 date=1394915986
Then Bc is a Bitcoin clone!?  Or is written from scratch?
Pure POS part was writen probably from scratch we don't have any other working coin without POW disabled.

that's not true  Roll Eyes just search around  Grin

If there's no mining in NXT, how exactly did the coins get distributed? Someone mentioned that people bought them initially. So the developer made BTC off of selling his premined coins? At least ripple gave some away for free... Tongue

Both these coins seem shady. 100% POS ensures the whales get richer.

i was nxt stakeholder and i say that nxt is a total scam considering the initial repartition.

bc was more fairly distributed, only 7 days, but people had a fair time to buy it when it was cheap. i bought bc early at 2500 sat and saw it go down to 500 sat without much fear Smiley

i'm waiting for a decent nxt clone to buy in, and i have a nice stake in bc for long term.

Anyway every markets are fucked up right now due to this little chinese crisis :p so i'm buyin cheap alts 

you mean Nxt when we were buying Nxt in November for 100 Satoshi? Or in December for 400-2000 Satoshi? Now you can buy for 5000 Satoshi

i mean i was in the 71 stakeholder list

...a founder with a very cheap 500'000 NXT stake, who decided to sell early because he didn't believe in it, right?
scam is definitely the wrong word, it was an investment you used for a quick profit, nothing more nothing less...
slavo

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 12:28:29 PM

Quote from: XbladeX link=topic=516421.msg571718 :-*1#msg5717181 date=1394915986
Then Bc is a Bitcoin clone!?  Or is written from scratch?
Pure POS part was writen probably from scratch we don't have any other working coin without POW disabled.

that's not true  Roll Eyes just search around  Grin

Both these coins seem shady. 100% POS ensures the whales get richer.

i was nxt stakeholder and i say that nxt is a total scam considering the initial repartition.

bc was more fairly distributed, only 7 days, but people had a fair time to buy it when it was cheap. i bought bc early at 2500 sat and saw it go down to 500 sat without much fear Smiley

i'm waiting for a decent nxt clone to buy in, and i have a nice stake in bc for long term.

Anyway every markets are fucked up right now due to this little chinese crisis :p so i'm buyin cheap alts 

you mean Nxt when we were buying Nxt in November for 100 Satoshi? Or in December for 400-2000 Satoshi? Now you can buy for 5000 Satoshi

i mean i was in the 71 stakeholder list

...a founder with a very cheap 500'000 NXT stake, who decided to sell early because he didn't believe in it, right?
scam is definitely the wrong word, it was an investment you used for a quick profit, nothing more nothing less...

lol profit
salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 12:37:32 PM

Slavo invested 0.01 Btc and sold all 400k Nxt when price was 0.2 cent. It is 3 cents now. Sad story
bitcoinpaul

Activity: 910

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 02:51:55 PM

Sad story

True story.
Djinou94
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 02:56:19 PM

Life is Life

Life with Black coin!
slavo

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 04:11:34 PM

Life is Life

Life with Black coin!

dat troll  Grin
STforLife

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 05:13:33 PM

Why even compare BC to NXT< totally different type of coins.
BC is just another coin.
NXT is absolutly new system that contains finnancial instruments.
ScoobyDood

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 05:36:08 PM

BC is just another coin.
When was the PoW phase for nxt? You know, the part where its fairly distributed?

poop
STforLife

Activity: 54

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 05:55:31 PM

BC is just another coin.
When was the PoW phase for nxt? You know, the part where its fairly distributed?

POW phase was, when those people paying for their stake were working dayly jobs to earn money.
Send money, get stake, dont send, dont get... fair.
micryon

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 06:01:19 PM

- More fair distribution (through PoW mining)
- Forked novcaion-pp-bitcoin src (that everyone is familiar with)
- Multipool

Are the main diffs

VTC: Vi5NxyF6FPCCEQDrsDcA34P8pXe1Yck21y
PDR: PP3EQsV3oX9bBkjpsnESguMHz3tfMqHXhy PlanetDollar
ScoobyDood

Activity: 171

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 06:22:15 PM

BC is just another coin.

POW phase was, when those people paying for their stake were working dayly jobs to earn money.
Send money, get stake, dont send, dont get... fair.
What?!? So it was 100% pre mined and then sold off to the public...who consequently had day jobs?

poop
McDowell

Activity: 45

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 06:25:53 PM

When is the IPO of Blackcoin or was there already the ETA of this coin?

lopalcar

Activity: 312
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 07:02:03 PM

BC is just another coin.

You really don't realize how small is your world? Don't you see that the four geeks in this forums mining for a (sarcasm mode on) fair distribution (sarcasm mode off) are less than 0,000000...1% of world population, and the rest of "normal" people and potential buyers don't even care about mining?
The "fair" meaning in your tiny world doesn't means the same as fair in the real world.
I don't really think that even far less than one order of magnitude in initial distribution is an argument, and even so, nxt is better distributed than bitcoin. Why only geeks could get coins? Nxt is a great idea, the price is low, the oportunities are huge...
ShroomsKit_Disgrace
Legendary

Activity: 952

Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 07:12:56 PM

Every reply of lopalcar is pure gold.

I think NXT need you in its committee, your ideas are clear and easy to understand!!  Smiley
MuffinMaster

Activity: 1414
Merit: 265

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 07:31:17 PM

.07 own 30% of nxt...

i'll stick with BC Smiley

MuffinMaster

Activity: 1414
Merit: 265

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 07:36:07 PM

When is the IPO of Blackcoin or was there already the ETA of this coin?

Blackcoin has been out for over a month. you missed a pretty epic run from 500 to 9400, BC has been trading around 4-8k for the last 2 weeks on massive volume. (top 5 volume repeatedly and sometimes top 3) BC could have a market cap of 50+ mil which is around 25 times what it is right now.

Find it on Mintpal and Cryptsy among others

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: