Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 06:39:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty Campaigns deceiving hunters by changing rules? Read this!  (Read 601 times)
rosezionjohn (OP)

Activity: 882
Merit: 301

View Profile
July 14, 2019, 05:31:21 PM
Merited by suchmoon (4), CryptopreneurBrainboss (2)

In case you are not aware yet, there is a trust flag system in this forum that you (bounty hunters) can use against these bounty campaigns for violations of contract. Check the quoted text below for reference.

Use-cases 2 and 3 will be handled by a new system of flags. You can create a flag using a link on a person's trust page.

A newbie-warning flag is active if there are more people supporting such a flag than opposing it. It shows a banner on topics started by the flagged user for guests and for users with less than 7 days of login time. For all users, a "#" is shown next to their trust scores.

For contractual violations only, a scammer flag can be created. This is the only thing which causes the "Warning: trade with extreme caution" warning to return. It also triggers a banner similar to the newbie-warning banner which is visible to all users. A scammer flag requires 3 more supporting users than opposing users to become active.

A new scammer flag should be created for each separate alleged incident. In the spirit of forgiveness/redemption, scammer flags expire 3 years after the incident if the contract was casual/implied, and 10 years after the incident if the contract was written. These expiration times might be administratively changed in specific cases.

Creating or supporting a scammer flag is actively affirming a set of pretty clear fact-statements. If someone knowingly supports a flag containing incorrect fact-statements, then that is crystal-clear abuse, and I will seek to have such people removed from DT ASAP. People who are habitually wrong, even not knowingly, should also be removed.

Only users in your trust network count as supporting or opposing flags. For guests, the default trust network is used.

I am not a lawyer but I think changing rules at the end of the campaign like suddenly requiring KYC before you can get your reward is an example of contract violations.

If you want to know how it looks like, check this flag created for TerraGreen

If in the future you see campaigns violating contracts, you can use the example above. Please be sure to provide the proper evidence.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
idekai

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

Change Your Worlds Build a New Era!

View Profile
July 14, 2019, 05:48:45 PM

I am not a lawyer but I think changing rules at the end of the campaign like suddenly requiring KYC before you can get your reward is an example of contract violations.
I know a campaign that using the same method, my friend joined the campaign last year as a signature campaign member. And maybe you've heard about it, it called Adab.
They seem suspicious to me, you can do your research on this if you want to. Like you said, they changed the rules at the end of the campaign.

Orionix      |│      The Future of Gaming Comission Free Games And Items Exchange
WHITEPAPER     TWITTER     TELEGRAM     ANN THREAD
rafi035

Activity: 854
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 14, 2019, 06:41:56 PM

But campaign manager have the rights to change the campaign rules at any time and also they state that on their bounty threads so you won't get kuch support from the DT members when you didn't ready to accept the rule.

But in my opinion it is unfair for us, the bounty manager makes it difficult for us to receive tokens at the end of the campaign so that the rules are changed always at the end of the campaign.
feryjhie

Activity: 882
Merit: 595

View Profile
July 14, 2019, 06:47:12 PM

But campaign manager have the rights to change the campaign rules at any time and also they state that on their bounty threads so you won't get kuch support from the DT members when you didn't ready to accept the rule.

for me, it's no problem if the last day of the bounty they make the participant complete KYC but we should complain if they changed the total rewards on the last day.
because it's happened to me at the start they said that the total rewards will be around 5~6 M USD but in the end they just changed the rewards to 1M USD
Crypt0BHunter

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 14, 2019, 06:55:26 PM

This is a big trouble for bounty hunters, but what we could do with it? Bear with it, and do more bounties)

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Departure

Activity: 1204
Merit: 288

View Profile
July 14, 2019, 07:18:28 PM

Yeah this is a highly wanted feature atleast this will put some pressure on the campaign managers and the projects team and they will not refrain from the rules because they will know that they will loose trust on forum which would not be a good thing for project's reputation.

There are indeed many problems in this area, and it’s good that some tools appear that can be used to solve them.

I participated in many campaigns where the rules changed right in the process. It was even that normal managers were engaged in projects, which then simply disappeared. This fact is not at all happy.
kaya11

Activity: 1302
Merit: 110

View Profile
July 14, 2019, 07:23:30 PM

But in my opinion it is unfair for us, the bounty manager makes it difficult for us to receive tokens at the end of the campaign so that the rules are changed always at the end of the campaign.

That is one reason why yo should have just join a bounty with bitcoin payments, altcoins recently are way too disapproving. I remebered one time when I only received a converting amount of 1 dollars for my whole 3 months of doing a signature bounty on their project. It struck me hard leaving me no choice but to forget and move on. Now I rarely join bounty aside from Bitcoin payments only.
Borisov

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 14, 2019, 08:28:05 PM

as a rule, such companies that deceive bounty hunters do not live long. I also many times fall when the end is prescribed by a sudden passage of kyc/
pixie85

Activity: 2128
Merit: 524

View Profile
July 14, 2019, 09:15:48 PM

Of course it is. They are asking for your ID for one of two reasons or both of them together.
Reason 1. They want to discourage you from claiming the reward. They know most people don't want to share their real name or show ID and will not claim the bounty.
Reason 2. They want to sell your ID and your email to spammers and scammers.
samcrypto

Activity: 2030
Merit: 314

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
July 14, 2019, 09:20:48 PM

They really have the rights to change it and I think its not deceiving the people maybe they changed it because it should be on that way. If your not good with the changes then better to stop participating and look for other bounties. Though most of the manager are changing it without proper notice to the hunters then I believe they are not good manager.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
Perfect35

Activity: 854

View Profile
July 14, 2019, 09:27:53 PM

There have been several bounties that acted odd, still I changing rules at the of the bounty or projects that ended up being scam.
The same happened to CWEX. This people ended the campaign and send another form to bounty for verification purpose, yet their sole aim of being scammers was revealed.
flemmings02

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 14, 2019, 09:55:02 PM

I don't think a flag can be used in the case of these bounty campaigns, Most of the bounty campaigns have always stated in their rules that they reserve the right to amend the bounty rules as they find appropriate or beneficial to the project without prior information.
rdluffy
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1284

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2019, 09:59:02 PM

If is stated in the beginning, there's nothing wrong, but as always, people have to use commom sense, this is for manager and for bounty hunters
I know it's complicated but bounty hunter have to choose better options to change time to coins

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
Saisher

Activity: 2282
Merit: 175

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
July 14, 2019, 10:37:52 PM

I don't think a flag can be used in the case of these bounty campaigns, Most of the bounty campaigns have always stated in their rules that they reserve the right to amend the bounty rules as they find appropriate or beneficial to the project without prior information.
yes they have that but this practice should be stopped, they just want to scam some bounty hunters who do not want to do KYC and they know that if they are going to implement this, they are going to get free promotions from people who do not want to participate in a bounty with KYC.

Aveatrex

Activity: 840
Merit: 375

View Profile
July 14, 2019, 10:49:07 PM

You are both wrong... DT members know that it's unfair and very shady look at the support we got from them concerning TerraGreen KYC-Scam: Flag. Now that TerraGreen account is flagged, look at this beautiful red message that is displayed in their ANN thread: ANN

This practice should stop they are riping off people who worked hard and put their time and effort and the community is here to help, the case I provided above must serve as an example,if we continue this way we can prevent this from happening again.

░░░▄▀█░░░▄░▄▄░▄░░░█▀▄
▄▄▄▀▀██▀░█▐▌█ ▀██▀▀▄▄▄
▐▌░░░▐▀░▄▀░▐▌░▀▄░▀▌░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▄▀▄▐▌▄▀▄░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▀▄░▀▀░▄▀░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░▄░█▄░▀▄▐▌▄▀░▄█░▄░░▐▌
▐▌░█▄█░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░█▄█░▐▌
▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
▐█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░░░░░▄█▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░
░░░░▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░█▀▄▄▀▄▄▀█░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
█▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█░░░░▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄██▀█▌▀▄
░░░██▄██▄▄█▀█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄█░░░░░█▄▄█▄█▄█▄█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀░░░▀▀▄█▄█▄▀▀

░░░██▄▄░░██░██
▄▄░░░░░▀█░█▄▐▌░░░░░▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▐▌▄█▐▌░░░░█░▀▀
░░░░░░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░░░░░█░▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄
░░▀▀░░█▄▀▀▀▀▀█▄▀
░░░░░░░█▐▌▀█░█
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▐▌░█░░▀▀▀▀▀▀█
░░░░░░░░██░░▀▀▀▀▀██░██
Golstrim

Activity: 1456
Merit: 253

Margin Trader

View Profile
July 14, 2019, 10:57:47 PM

I think campaigns don't care about flag on bounty topic once bounty is finished.
You know, they better lose reputation among hunters rather than pay you a lot of tokens to dump price

█▀▀█
██▄█
My Trading View// Trading Community // Cooбщecтвo Tpeйдepoв
█▀▀█
██▄█
Bttzed03
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1147

https://bitcoincleanup.com/

View Profile
July 15, 2019, 06:47:20 AM

This is a big trouble for bounty hunters, but what we could do with it? Bear with it, and do more bounties)

This is the problem.

Many bounty hunters complain about campaigns changing rules at the end and now that a solution is being provided, they do nothing. Take note that it is not only requiring KYC, there are also issues like slashing the bounty pool.

If we can create a flag or support one, then I think clear and specific rules will be made by these campaigns. They cannot simply change whenever they want to. 
Mikcik

Activity: 742
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 15, 2019, 08:59:25 AM

These forum moderators don't like bounty, because it gives them a lot of spam posts from bounty hunter. I think it's hard to have a protection system for bounty hunter. Many bounties have declined their responsibilities and do not distribute tokens for bounty hunter
Doranile432

Activity: 476
Merit: 22

View Profile
July 15, 2019, 09:08:39 AM

The best solution to this is if this forum can create rules for bounty managers that once they create bounty rules for participants it cant be changed or edit later on or after bounty ends then it will be good
goolesby

Activity: 574

Gistcoin

View Profile
July 15, 2019, 11:56:24 AM

Indeed, it has become a risk for us as bounty hunters, dealing with these alarming conditions. They arbitrarily change rules and regulations and token allocation. Even though it has been written that the Bounty Manager has the right to change rules and regulations, but if it is very burdensome or detrimental to bounty hunters, then we need to fight for it.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: