Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:24:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My personal point of view as a beginner ....  (Read 1786 times)
El duderino_ (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 12047

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
July 18, 2019, 10:49:32 AM
Merited by suchmoon (7), Welsh (5), dbshck (4), LoyceV (2), DdmrDdmr (2), bones261 (2), finaleshot2016 (2), JayJuanGee (1), jossiel (1), ABCbits (1), LogitechMouse (1), tbct_mt2 (1), tranthidung (1), CryptopreneurBrainboss (1), 1miau (1), Heisenberg_Hunter (1), bkbirge (1), Dunkelheit667 (1), VB1001 (1), sncc (1), Sharon121212 (1)

As we notice there will always be new people that hear about BTC, or digital money, or cryptocurrencies and so on....

From my personal experience and point of view we have very different groups in the space, as you will have people really intend to understand BTC  and what its for as you will have those only interested as of an investment to gain more FIAT or to get rich fast (please don't be that last one you probably get burned)

In different threads I already explained I entered BTC cause I was a poker player and a friend that plays as well introduced me into the world cause of payments and good sites to play at that time being .....

What I do know is that when I received my first BTC I didn't no sh*t, absolutely nothing never heard of it before in my life....
So I was lucky to have a guy that helped me around, he set up my first exchange account, later when he convinced me to the earn BTC, buy BTC when possible and apply the HODL strategy with those HODLing coins.....

This where my first moments and like almost instant after he bought me a cold storage Ledger and installed it with me so I knew how to do it....?

For me I was a guy with 0-computer knowledge, just google and download some music, that was it,  today cause of being here and try to learn about BTC I manage to do a little bit more......

What I wanna say is let this forum be your guy and knowledge to BTC as all the older and knowledgeable members will help you out or will point you into right directions, I did gained a lot of help with being on this forum.

Probably the biggest step for a total new guy is to set up a safe place to store your coins (future wealth), how do we deal with this.... I would suggest don't make it to difficult at a start and just open an account at an exchange where you can easily send money to, from then just send FIAT, buy BTC and maybe at the meantime order a cold storage device.... Ledger Nano S or blue or ... or a Trezor as they all work perfectly fine (Do read the instruction carefully and don't throw away anything especially the seed with recovery words)  Smiley
Then get the coins of the exchange and send them to the ledger device, there will even be threads that easily explain how to generate an address to send BTC to and so on....
When you have them on the device then its just hodl and try to gain more .....

As you are now a guy with BTC on a device its highly recommended to continuously read over the matter and try to gain as much knowledge you can, the more you know the better you will feel and the harder you will work to buy/gain more of BTC, cause the first step of buying is completed but now you need to manage and learn yourself so the investment will give a satisfying feeling and not a stressful feeling, because we now BTC still is very volatile and that could be a bit difficult if you don't understand it fundamentals but when you do learn and do gain knowledge then all those UP and DOWN movements will just become noise that are just of no importance...

When you will have this feeling then you will try to find your best and most effective way of gaining more and more of BTC, this will be different for many of us some day-trade ( I strongly suggest you don't do this, cause most are not successful and lose amounts of BTC instead of gain some)
For me its always been through poker and RL work, where I try to separate some FIAT to buy extra BTC...
For those with interest and are employees of a company I would suggest to take their monthly pay check, and what they keep asside for savings just divide in two or some kind of % and put that same amount into BTC every same day of the month no matter what the price is at that time.

In this forum you will see tons of guys with very much knowledge over the technical side of bitcoin, but do realise most people are no computer tech's and do not know as much as some of the experts, do read there stuff, try to learn but F*** even after this long of time being in the space I read what is Chinese for me every single day, BUT this doesn't mean we are less of an effective HODLer/BTC-investor cause that surely isn't the thing..... as long we have the right long term perspective of what BTC is and what it can become then you doing perfectly fine... The nice technical side of BTC is a very difficult thing and will take forever to fully understand/learn for most of us, but i'm not bothered a bit with that, cause I do know i'm a very effective HODLer with perfect and safe cold storage of my coins, as a good method of earning/gaining more etc and thats just the most important for me.

So for all the very new guys in the space, do know there are plenty of longer time Bitcoiners in this space that are still massively learning, just do remember to learn the BUY and STORAGE, as to CONVINCE yourself that BTC is what we really need in this world!

Btw also its a very satisfying thing when you HODL, and separate some BTC to use for RL issues, thats what I try to do a lot.... cause believe it BTC can be used for a lot and more and more people are doing so....

User count keeps increasing and everybody that is able to convince their self is still an very early adopter.

Do know, not because your not a computer scientist doesn't mean you cannot manage to buy and HODL, cause if I can, then please belief me that I say everybody can if I can Cheesy

XhomerX10 designed my nice avatar HATs!!!!!  Thanks Bro

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Heisenberg_Hunter
Legendary

Activity: 1583
Merit: 1276

Heisenberg Design Services

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2019, 11:59:31 AM
Merited by dbshck (4), El duderino_ (3), DdmrDdmr (2), vapourminer (1), JayJuanGee (1)

Th final merit I was HODLING goes to you for this post. For most of them who are new to this space came with the purpose of investing in btc and probably would have thought this as a get rich quick scheme. But later on if we delve more into the technology it offers a wide range of opportunities to various markets and various people all over the world. The true potential if when found out can at the right time will get you more addicted to the tech over the course of time.

Most of the newbies in the cryptocurrency space think them like a stock market sort of thing. But the underlying technology is meant to disrupt the way we are using the money and other processes all over the world in various financial institutions.

The way BTC is being adapted by various people is really good,

1. Traders use the volatile market to get quicker gains or losses which is very much lesser when compared to stock market trading. Levarage trading are much helpful and riskier to get quicker gains.

2. Investors see the various alts like a investment strategy and put their money in various cryptocurrency for long term gains.

3. Power house generators use various ASICs to mine btc and other alts by running mining farms in places where electricity are at a cheaper rate.

4. Developers can contribute to the code and improve their knowledge on how well they can code and can certainly be hired by better companies.

5. Physical Coin Makers can make use of the gold and silver market and produce various collectibles and make profit from them.

and a lot more...

Knowledge is what needs to be gained in almost all the field and how effectively we use them to gain money. If we don't have the required knowledge and run for money it wouldn't really be helpful.

Truly speaking when I came to know of bitcoin in late 2016, I never had any idea on what it was? What is cryptography? Why Bitcoin? Why the better world needs to move onto bitcoin?. But after reading through continuously for past 2.5 years, I am little bit aware of the technical side of the coin and the code,technology behind it. The tech behind the coin is insanely large and we need to read a lot to master them and become one among in the developer community. Contribute to the community in someway and gain something in return.
CryptopreneurBrainboss
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 4152

eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2019, 12:55:05 PM
Merited by dbshck (4), El duderino_ (2), DdmrDdmr (2), vapourminer (1)

What I wanna say is let this forum be your guy and knowledge to BTC as all the older and knowledgeable members will help you out or will point you into right directions, I did gained a lot of help with being on this forum.

I must say the forum generally is doing her best in guiding newbies be it directly or indirectly and no doubt about users of the forum waiting to help new members get enlighten and educated on bitcoin and other aspects of the blockchain technology. Over my period of been active here I have notice a sudden increase in the zeal for users to assist each other especially after the introduction of the merit system. Not saying it wasn't there before but the merit system gave it more motivation. The moment you have a problem or misunderstanding and start a thread most users with little, sometimes (no knowledge) on solving that issue, are willing to help and that's a good thing (speaking of when those with knowledge on what's been discussed decides to assist you) since most media platforms out there don't have dedicated users like how Bitcointalk has.

The forum did educate me on most things I know in regards to understanding bitcoin and these education either happened directly through reading topic started on that particular subject by others or indirectly as regards to getting me motivated to carry-out personal research in understanding what the subject i encountering on the forum was all about.

It's safe to say the forum holds this key to everything you need to know about bitcoin and cryptocurrency in general and with that been said it's also ok to say the reason behind the creation of the forum has been achieved and the community will keep building on that. A determined newbie with little or no knowledge regarding bitcoin can acquired all he/she has to know  in matter of months by just been active (reading threads) on the right boards.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
El duderino_ (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2019, 09:54:46 AM

Since most media platforms out there don't have dedicated users like how Bitcointalk has.

I do believe most media and social media are poison and many talk to much whiteout knowing anything.... When I read in Belgium an article involving BTC, then the article is always written right after a massive DUMP or a massive PUMP.... Starting with nonsense lines of FUD or just non-related stuff and guessing by fools...... Rarely I read something thats OK, still its normal what can a random journalist know ??

Social media poison as well imo FB or twitter or .... if you understand and know then you can filter out the worst... For newbies it will be hard not falling for dumb scams.

( in here scammers get tagged very fast and thats a very big +point for newer people that are trying to learn and invest wisely)

tbct_mt2

Activity: 2310
Merit: 835

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2019, 11:00:16 AM
Merited by El duderino_ (2)

Thanks for giving nice perpective and recommendation (somehow) for newbies in crypto, especially relates to their future that might have positive correlation with bitcoin (if they might do invest in bitcoin). Bitcoin is a future, a thing will change a world. Blockchain is an innovative technology. Together, bitcoin and blockchain will help bitcoin investors get lots of money in benefit back. So, why not seriously do consider about bitcoin investment? It does not matter how much capital you have at the moment to invest. Whenever you have spare money, invest in bitcoin, rather than saving them in banks. It will make a big difference, for your balance, and your future.
1miau
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 6743

Currently not much available - see my websitelink

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2019, 04:58:54 PM
Merited by dbshck (4), vapourminer (2), El duderino_ (2), JayJuanGee (1)

Explaining Bitcoin and crypto to Newbies is one of the most important points in my opinion. Having more users participating in crypto will give BTC a better base of support and acceptance. Everyone of us can spread a positive word about crypto and also help Newbies to understand how crypto is working.  Smiley

I can imagine most people are feared to own some Bitcoin because they think it's too techy and difficult to understand (which isn't true  Wink)

It's not much different from other areas: If you help others you'll always get back a good karma (and maybe also some help if you're needing it). Telling about known mistakes in crypto, giving advice which wallets / investment strategies / etc. are bad / good can help a lot to save Newbies from losses and save them time to search all over the internet. Newbies having losses or difficulties to understand things can get discouraged very fast and leave. With some guidance it's much more likely that they won't have to face such problems and stay instead.  Wink

If I should explain the basics of Bitcoin I would always try to use simple words, explain everything step by step even if it's sometimes very time consuming. Better explain something more detailed than missing a part. A nice and simple but detailed style of writing and explaining everything well (especially by using pictures) should not be underestimated.

I do believe most media and social media are poison and many talk to much whiteout knowing anything.... When I read in Belgium an article involving BTC, then the article is always written right after a massive DUMP or a massive PUMP.... Starting with nonsense lines of FUD or just non-related stuff and guessing by fools...... Rarely I read something thats OK, still its normal what can a random journalist know ??
Yes, we had a very misleading article recently where the author claimed that Tether would be Bitcoin's gold standard and Bitcoin + the whole crypto market is based on Tether. LOL  Cheesy Cheesy
Such stupid BS articles are doing a big favour to educate Newbies.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I must say the forum generally is doing her best in guiding newbies be it directly or indirectly and no doubt about users of the forum waiting to help new members get enlighten and educated on bitcoin and other aspects of the blockchain technology. Over my period of been active here I have notice a sudden increase in the zeal for users to assist each other especially after the introduction of the merit system. Not saying it wasn't there before but the merit system gave it more motivation.
I don't know how it was before but I have the same impression that many guides and important stuff wouldn't be here if there would be no Merit. At least the quality would not be as outstanding as it is currently.

And I like the fact that people in BTC are very positive. It's always big advantage in life.  Smiley

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
finaleshot2016
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1007

Degen in the Space

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2019, 07:01:58 PM
Merited by dbshck (4), El duderino_ (2), vapourminer (1), JayJuanGee (1)

It gave me a lot of experience and made me a better person. Honestly, I'm not good at speaking internationally but this discussion thingy helps and boosts me to develop my grammar and how will I start a discussion. This bitcoin really attracted me because if not then I wouldn't make where I am today. I realized that bitcoin change my life and it's very worth it that I stayed here to learn.

I already taught a lot of people especially my friends who are curious about bitcoin. It's kinda hard though since I'm not that pro or expert on explaining something complex. Still, I helped and searched all of the information needed for them to understand what bitcoin really is. This is also an advantage for me because blockchain is what I really care about. As a techy person, Blockchain is modern technology that we must focus on and should be developed as it gives more complex knowledge that makes our society better.

Yes, we had a very misleading article recently where the author claimed that Tether would be Bitcoin's gold standard and Bitcoin + the whole crypto market is based on Tether. LOL  Cheesy Cheesy
Such stupid BS articles are doing a big favour to educate Newbies.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

They give false information and keep saying that it's not a good thing and should be prohibited. That's why I'm glad for being in here for knowing that bitcoin can be used in good or bad things. Well, all of the things in the world that has been created can be used in bad things right? That's not new anymore. They're just giving a bad impression to bitcoin but for me, money is the root of all evil, it depends on the user how will he/she use it. I hope this inspires you with my little statements about bitcoin especially to my fellow citizens there that wanted to enter a journey here.

It's safe to say the forum holds this key to everything you need to know about bitcoin and cryptocurrency in general and with that been said it's also ok to say the reason behind the creation of the forum has been achieved and the community will keep building on that. A determined newbie with little or no knowledge regarding bitcoin can acquired all he/she has to know  in matter of months by just been active (reading threads) on the right boards.

True, most of the guidelines here are already spoonfeeding, they will just simply read and deeply put it in their brain cells.   Cheesy
Sharon121212

Activity: 280
Merit: 215

View Profile
July 21, 2019, 11:36:12 AM
Merited by El duderino_ (2), vapourminer (1)

One hurdle people should learn to break is the beginners hurdle. At the beginners stage alot runs through your head(is this really my thing, can I keep up to the standard, goodness me there are too many intelligent people here) the self discouragement is high at this level.
But all that's needed is that push, that boldness to get to do it.

I as an example from a 3rd world country I heard about bitcoin early 2017 but it wasn't anything elaborate not until last year when I enrolled for a lecture and was aware about bitcoin I was really interested and my to cut a long story short my question asking and research lead me here.

I believe what a newbie should think of mostly when here is how to improve themselves no matter your high or low tech skill(all that should be put aside). Never be scared to make errors and most importantly be willing to follow correction.
El duderino_ (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2019, 03:01:06 PM

Its a fact many newbies with not to much knowledge Will have a hard time with understanding BTC and its value/purpose etc
Its also likely many Will fall for scams before they learn there is no get rich fast etc

Please for newbies get into this forum and read provided links to threads with help and where BTC is explained.

When you properly know what BTC is Then you Will work most efficiently.

Also don’t mind the consuming of time Cheesy

Mastery

Activity: 31
Merit: 26

View Profile
July 21, 2019, 04:12:49 PM
Merited by El duderino_ (2), vapourminer (1), LoyceV (1)

After a few weeks reading and learing things that I haven't fully understand from the forum, I really wish I knew about it sooner. I first knew about bitcoin in late 2017, through a Ponzi fraud, it's Hextra Coin. Some of my friends got fortunes from it and persuaded me to join them, being their ref. I didn't know it was a Ponzi scheme then, but luckily, being broke prevented me joining them.

I came to bitcoin when it almost reached ATH and with the mind of a fortune seeker. Creating a Binance account, depositing bitcoin, buying altcoins and hodling them through ATHs, till first half of 2018's over and deciding to cut loss. That was the time I halted to learn about bitcoin and blockchain. But broken pieces of news and articles on Internet made me had incomplete knowledge about it. Until I came here, useful topics on Development & Technical Discussion or Bitcoin Technical Support partly filled up spaces in my knowledge. Yes there are many things more to learn and I think I will stay here as long as I can to perfectize understandings.
nakamura12

Activity: 2268
Merit: 669

Bitcoin Casino Est. 2013

View Profile
July 21, 2019, 10:33:24 PM

My personal point of view as a beginner is to be able to think what point of view should I use in order for my goals to be achieved as when you ask other people their point of view as a beginner then my guess to their answer will be "it depends" which it is very hard on what will happens next as it depends rather than creating your own point of view towards something else like you want to be knowledgeable at what you want. You point of view should be clear as a beginner.

███▄▀██▄▄
░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
░▄░░███▀████
░▐█░░███░██▄▄
░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
░░▄██▌░░██▀
░▐█▀████ ▀██
░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄
░░▀███
▄▄██▀▄███
▄▄▄████▀▄████▄░░
▀▀█░░▄▄▄▄████░░
▐█▀▄▄█████████
████▀███░░▄░
▄▄██░███░░█▌░
█▀▄▄▄████░▀▄░░
█▌████▀███▄░█░
▄██▄▀███▄▄▀
▀██░░▐██▄░░
██▀████▀█▌░
▄██▀▀██████▐█░░
███▀░░
LogitechMouse
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1036

Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2019, 02:38:51 AM
Merited by El duderino_ (2), vapourminer (1), JayJuanGee (1)

Its a fact many newbies with not to much knowledge Will have a hard time with understanding BTC and its value/purpose etc
Its also likely many Will fall for scams before they learn there is no get rich fast etc

Please for newbies get into this forum and read provided links to threads with help and where BTC is explained.

When you properly know what BTC is Then you Will work most efficiently.

Also don’t mind the consuming of time Cheesy
I wish all the newbies out here have the same mindset as yours. Finding some important information here on the forum so that they will understand what Bitcoin and cryptocurrency in general is.

This is base from my experience here. For almost 2 years in the forum, most newbies out here are just here for the money and it is the truth. We can't blame them to be honest but the ones who introduced this forum to them is wrong. Maybe they said that "Register to this forum and you can earn some money" like that and their mind thinks that "Its money so I will register" then they will as some question to their friend who introduced this forum to them blah blah.

This is why most newbies here are getting fallen into different scams because they registered here because of money and not for information and knowledge. I don't know what is the solution for this but the mindset of the newbies is the problem here.

To be honest, even I have a high rank (not so much Cheesy) I consider myself as a newbie because until this moment I'm still reading some threads that can give me information.

TO ALL THE NEWBIES OUT THERE, INVEST IN INFORMATION AND KNOWLEDGE FIRST BEFORE FOCUSING ON MONEY. Rich investors right now didn't invest immediately into stocks or real estate or anything. They invest several hours of their life reading books, finding some mentors that can help them etc. If you want your life to change and become rich, gain information first that can help you. Read some important threads here and interact with them.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
bkbirge

Activity: 1197
Merit: 482

View Profile
July 22, 2019, 03:01:46 AM

Great post Mic, and followed by many other great posts in the discussion, fantastic thread. I just want to echo the sentiment that any newbie interested in crypto should not be put off by the technology but also should absolutely educate themselves as much as they can about it. It's one of those things that the more you learn the better armed you are.

Also be very careful about interacting with people from this site, many are good people that want to help but we also have some of the other kind. Never give out your personal information here, be wary about unsolicited PM's, etc. basically just practice very good self protection, and that is also what you need to do with crypto.

By removing the middleman banks and financial services you gain a lot of freedom but also gain the need for elevated self responsibility.
TheBeardedBaby
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
July 22, 2019, 10:40:56 AM

Sorry, out of smerit as of now but I'll come back to this thread again.
There are different kinds of newbies, thowse who come only for the money, those who are coming here from curiosity (and money), and those who are using it already   but faced some kind of problems along the way and are looking for solutions.
There are also fake newbies, those who got banned and are trying to jump over the fence.

tranthidung
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 4010

Farewell o_e_l_e_o

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2019, 12:59:49 PM

For beginners,
Read first, before doing anything else.
There are lots of things that beginners have to read in order to prepare enough basics for their time in the forum, and in crypto.
Unofficial list of (official) Bitcointalk.org rules, guidelines, FAQ
Welcome message
[GUIDES] on Bitcointalk. Index thread (until there is a dedicated subforum?)
★ A Complete Guideline to use forum search button properly ★
Beginners can find almost everything, from basic to advance in those threads, so they should read them first before asking for help.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
Upgate

Activity: 560
Merit: 14

View Profile
July 23, 2019, 08:21:56 AM

Most of the altcoin discussions thread (telegram) always advice their community to hodl for a very long time to make profit. If you can't be patient enough no need to invest on cryptocurrency. That's why its advisable to invest with your spare money. With the present flow of altcoin it takes time for it's token to be tokenized
El duderino_ (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2019, 10:38:13 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Most of the altcoin discussions thread (telegram) always advice their community to hodl for a very long time to make profit. If you can't be patient enough no need to invest on cryptocurrency. That's why its advisable to invest with your spare money. With the present flow of altcoin it takes time for it's token to be tokenized

Probably avoid Altcoin as Altcoin talk here Roll Eyes

For beginners its absolutely most recommendable to not buy ANY shady Altcoins before starting with buying and understanding BTC, Alt's most of them are the poison that will lead to big BTC losses and thats what we don't wanna see new guys dealing with....

When one have BTC and have some knowledge/experience of how things work etc then maybe if they really wanna explore they can make there crypto portfolio a bit bigger though I recommend to keep at least 80% in BTC, I think my BTC holding cover 85 north 90% of my total crypto's....

Also when newer people buy Alt's after they did everything .... (learning etc) I would still recommend to try and make more BTC by keep buying when it can and not to fall into the Altcoin traps Roll Eyes

El duderino_ (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2019, 10:52:42 AM

I also do believe true HODLers and right minded believers are been born in the bearmarkets Cheesy

I have some friends of me calling me and asking me about BTC when it did hit 3K-ish prices for the first time in 2017....

At 300-500$ it was boring (little before 2017 Roll Eyes ) But I did informed some Smiley

At 1000 it was going hard but couldn't go higher

At 1500-2500 it was outrageous and surely gonna go down ... But at around 3K many friends and at that time new guys where interested and ask me for help to buy as fast as they can ....

A few of them bought steady at higher prices, have been with fear in the bearmarket, but learned each day read much stuff, send me articles and text every day...
Most important they kept buying all the way down .... they DCA there prices very well and are now feeling stronger of there right belief in BTC as ever before ----> this is true personal view of friends that I witnessed ....

Of-course the dice didn't role the same for all of friends of me, there are those that sold in loss, and are not interested today anymore PITY THEM, they will hate themselves for this decision in a near future imo ...

I have a few that bought, HODLed and when it dropped they just never looked at it anymore and where of mind that if it go's to 0 then I will lose my investment, if not then I will sell when I have my money back (ALSO F***ing dumb), they better DCA'd but that requires to learn about BTC only then you will be able to decide and do so..... Actually I don't know if some sold or bought (I say friends, of-course friends of friends among those I speak of)
Though I hope they didn't sold and did learned to even maybe buying some nice DIPs Cheesy

But those that did it right in a bearmarket, that are the ones I belief to be true HODLers and knowing how BTC works...

Sometimes its easy to think to have a long term perspective
BUT
One only have a long term perspective if its being tested continuously, and thats exactly what happens in BTC-land, do it good and be rewarded!

mp3.Maniac

Activity: 1543
Merit: 421

View Profile
July 23, 2019, 06:05:54 PM
Merited by suchmoon (7), El duderino_ (2), Halab (2), vapourminer (1)

I learned about cryptocurrencies in June 2017. I wanted money and traded a lot ...

And just lost a lot of BTC

Reading this forum, I learned a lot about BTC, stopped trading, withdrew coins from stock exchanges, and from 2018 I became HARD HODLer.

Thank you all

BTC XMR KMD
Krsps

Activity: 104
Merit: 28

View Profile
July 24, 2019, 02:59:13 AM
Last edit: July 24, 2019, 03:11:51 AM by Krsps

Thank you OP and all contributors on this thread. It's just about the best thread I have read here, for me still at the very beginning of learning about bitcoin. I would say my learning curve has been a slow and reluctant.  Although I was absolutely fascinated with the concept  bitcoin ever since I heard about it in 2016. It took me up to over a year and half later to buy some. And then another year to discover this forum. And the only reason I am still interested in bitcoin now is because of this forum being so informative. Otherwise..I probably would have just been to wary and discouraged, and left the whole scene.

There is a sincere camaraderie here, and valuable information for a willing student. I know I will be enriched in many ways by the info on just this thread alone, not only for the practical advise but for the atmosphere of encouragement. All these posts here understandable and useful even for a relatively newbie like me.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: