Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 07:58:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I have lost 8 letters of my Ethereum private key  (Read 1044 times)
VDraci

Activity: 560
Merit: 28

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
July 27, 2019, 09:40:30 AM

Sorry pal it can't be recovered,8 words is too much and if I may ask how did you lost it in the first place?its weird to lost 8 words from your recovery seeds when its all written in a place,can you at least explain?
herfianto

Activity: 672
Merit: 10

send and receive money instantly, with no hidden c

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2019, 09:47:26 AM

I think there's no way for restore your private key and it's impposiblle. With this you get experience and will make you more careful to store your private key.

Mr.ZODIAC

Activity: 336
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 27, 2019, 12:03:01 PM

Unfortunately, if any part of your private key is lost, there is no way of restoring it. Besides you have made an offline copy where everything is written. You can also try to guess, but you do not need to be smart to realise that the chances are almost zero.
I am constantly convinced that it is because of their fault that cryptocurrency users lose their money, and not because of the imperfection of the technology.  Already a million times each of us speaks about all sorts of risks and how to protect ourselves, but mistakes still continue to be made.
AdamRay

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 27, 2019, 12:21:45 PM

Hi there
I have lost the last 8 letters of my ethereum wallet private keys. I wonder if there is a way to restore those letters. I searched the net and found out that it is possible to do it usuing a C or Python program.
If you know a way to solve my problem , please let me know
thanks 
I think you should give up that wallet. Let's see if it's your mistake to be careless in storing letters.
I have also done many private key sequences of MEW wallets and I only accept that I have lost money.
Be careful for future times and you should store it in gmail and offline spreadsheets.

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
Christinebeauty
Copper Member

Activity: 420
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 27, 2019, 12:41:48 PM

I think your chances of restoring your funds are very limited. This is the more reason why anytime you are creating any wallet, it is recommended that you keep an offline back up of your passphrase and keys. I just hope the funds in there is not that much to cause you much harm.

Krabby

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

https://primedao.eth.link/#/

View Profile
July 27, 2019, 01:00:20 PM

I think your chances of restoring your funds are very limited. This is the more reason why anytime you are creating any wallet, it is recommended that you keep an offline back up of your passphrase and keys. I just hope the funds in there is not that much to cause you much harm.
Surely it will never recover. If the private key is lost or the recovery character is lost, our money will be lost forever. That's why everyone must store their private keys and really careful characters and never lose it

██████████
                   ████████████
                 ██████████████
               ████████████████
             ██████████████████
██████████           ██████████          ██████████
██████████           █████████           ██████████
██████████           ███████     ██████████████████
██████████████████████████     ████████████████████
████████████████████████     ██████████████████████
██████████████████████     ████████████████████████
████████████████████     ██████████████████████████
██████████████████     ███████           ██████████
██████████           █████████           ██████████
██████████          ██████████           ██████████
                    ██████████████████
                    ████████████████
                    ██████████████
                    ████████████
                    ██████████
PrimeDAO - An Adoption Engine for Open Finance
Saisher

Activity: 2310
Merit: 175

View Profile
July 27, 2019, 01:24:36 PM

Brute force cannot recover that missing 8 letters that are too long to brute force because there are so many combinations to consider, consider this as a lost key and be sure to always have a back up copy of your private key, it's our obligation to protect our private key and make it accessible to us anytime and anywhere.
Sab11

Activity: 524
Merit: 100

io.ezystayz.com

View Profile
July 27, 2019, 01:47:59 PM

Hi there
I have lost the last 8 letters of my ethereum wallet private keys. I wonder if there is a way to restore those letters. I searched the net and found out that it is possible to do it usuing a C or Python program.
thanks 
You are in big trouble bro 8 letterd is too long, better to backup your copy of your privatekey next time, its impossible to recover your lost 8 letter, backup copy of our privatekey is very important always remember that.

► EzyStayz ◄ ♦ A Global Holiday Rental Platform Powered by Crypto ♦ ► EzyStayz ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Facebook|Telegram|Instagram|Youtube
irixo10

Activity: 1078
Merit: 104

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
July 27, 2019, 05:03:15 PM

Sorry about that mate, but I have no seen or heard of anyone who can help retrieve private keys. They are called private keys because they are meant to be private to us alone and any loss means we should forget the account. Why not you try retracing your steps maybe you can find where you stored it.

bigcash2011

Activity: 1442
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2019, 05:51:31 PM

How have you lost the letters is a big question, once you create a letter you should not only write down the private letters and store in your documents case but also store it at some private place in your computer or phone and finally at some online cloud place where only you have access with 2 FA code. I do not think if lost these letters can be guessed correctly or recovered.

guoyu78

Activity: 1190
Merit: 541

View Profile
July 30, 2019, 11:26:05 AM

How many numbers and letters will the program guess before it guess it right. If it was that simple and possible, then many accounts would have been hacked already, you see when it comes to loosing of wallet, I think there is no point asking for solution to it, and it is simply just not possible. Those people who are telling you it is possible are just simply trying it out too not because they are sure, which account has been recovered through it, and what proof do they have.

Do not just compound issue for yourself, I just hope the account you have lost your private key too does not hold much. Please next time you open a wallet, try as much as possible to back up your private key in several places, especially on a paper wallet, I think that one is easier; you can also buy a flash to back it up and probably keep it where your vital documents are.
bigvito19

Activity: 706
Merit: 111

View Profile
July 30, 2019, 05:13:27 PM

Check your inbox
tebzzz

Activity: 546

simply getting the job done

View Profile
July 30, 2019, 06:35:31 PM

try checking whether you have the file that you downloaded when creating the address ethereum wallet? if there is, you can restore your wallet. try contacting ethereum. because my friend once retrieved his wallet when he had the file he downloaded.

Mycro Jobs                                                                                                                                                 
| SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE
⟩                                                                                                                                                       
                                                    ⟩⟩ Telegram ⟩⟩ Twitter ⟩⟩ Medium ⟩⟩ Github ⟩⟩ Instagram ⟩⟩ LinkedIn ⟩⟩ YouTube ⟩⟩ Facebook
Miy Monk
Copper Member

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2019, 07:31:57 PM

As much as I know that it is impossible to recover Ethereum wallets private key whether it's lost partially or fully. Some websites/ people claim that they can recover it but I don't think it will work.

aemma
Copper Member

Activity: 966
Merit: 14

View Profile
July 30, 2019, 07:59:34 PM

This is sad to hear and I don't think there is any solution whatsoever. The way Ethereum blockchain is created, only the user or creator of an account can access with the accompanying private keys without which no access can be granted. Sorry about this mate the only solution is you searching to see if you wrote it down.
Uju4real
Copper Member

Activity: 349
Merit: 0

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP

View Profile
July 30, 2019, 08:57:12 PM

Hi there
thanks 

I don't think its possible but if your wallet was imported into the new version of Imtoken, it has an option to display your private key but if not. It will really be a tough one or rather an impossible one

██████████████  CARTESI 📱 LINUX INFRASTRUCTURE FOR SCALABLE DAPPS  ██████████████
█▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇█
Aryleeto

Activity: 406
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 30, 2019, 09:16:47 PM

Hi there
thanks 
I can say that it is impossible to recover the password if you do not remember numbers or letters , if you could be so easy to hack that for a long time all broke into other people's private keys , so next time pay close attention to this.

EASY FEEDBACK, WORKING SINCE 2015  (https://www.easyfeedbacktoken.io/en)
elpiji

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 30, 2019, 10:31:14 PM

Check your inbox
if he intends to help you then don't trust, look at the profile because he has got the red trust tag

which I know if you lose the private key then you can't do anything
bigvito19

Activity: 706
Merit: 111

View Profile
July 31, 2019, 01:59:11 AM

Since you're quoting me I have a flag because of a translation error on a post I made since you telling people who not to trust. Mind your own business next time.
H1N1

Activity: 812

View Profile
July 31, 2019, 02:15:00 AM

Hi there
thanks  

Do you have huge amount of ETH or token in that wallet ? Im sorry for you if that's the case.
Anyway, you need to be careful because peoples could approach you with bad intention to steal your private key.
It is still hard to brute force your missing 8 letters from the private key, creating your own program to brute force is safer than using other's.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: