Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 09:15:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are airdrops safe?  (Read 9428 times)
lhtot8

Activity: 147
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 28, 2019, 01:01:56 PM

Airdrops are safe, if you don't have to do KYCs to claim your airdrops. Moreover, if you have to register via emails, it is better and safer if you use throw-away emails. Especially you should not use your main emails for airdrops. And, your main emails should have different passwords than other emails (that you use for airdrops, bounties, whatever unimportant things).
whtchocla7e

Activity: 392
Merit: 116

Worlds Simplest Cryptocurrency Wallet

View Profile
July 28, 2019, 01:05:49 PM

It seems that airdrop shows take away your information. And besides there are people who use your information for bad purposes. I think airdrop is not absolutely safe. Some airdrop programs are required to download unknown applications, it can control your computer

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▃▅▆█ L E A D █▆▅▃▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
World's Simplest and Safest Decentralized Cryptocurrency Wallet!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ • STORE • SEND • SPEND • SWAP • STAKE • ▬▬▬▬▬▬
dimox
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 28, 2019, 01:38:23 PM

the common airdrop is safe. they just give you some coin by sending your address and maybe give your btt name account. no fee to get airdrop, no sign up or something.
but, as time go by, they need you to follow, share or retweet their news, or following their channel. just it.
now, airdrop can be dangerous, because they can ask your priv key, and the other important data. you need to pay them some, and its make like 'you pay first, you will get this coin'
and just becareful, sometime they scam or fraud.
bengsabeng

Activity: 742
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 28, 2019, 02:00:16 PM

if you find an airdrop that asks you to send BTC or ETH, leave it immediately!
I once sent several ETH to the address given by them and after that they disappeared.

▀■ ■ ▀▄      ▀ ▀ ▄ ▄██      ► C P L A Y - IDO       ██▄ ▄ ▀ ▀▀      ▄▀ ■ ■▀
ONE ECOSYSTEM FOR ALL YOUR CRYPTO NEEDS
|        App Store        |           Wallet           |        Adstation        |        2FA Shield        |
o.ogurlu

Activity: 910
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2019, 02:05:44 PM

No, not all airdrop campaigns are safe. Some campaigns want private key. And you should stay away from this kind of campaigns. You should not share your private key with anyone in any way. Some campaigns also want personal information. You should be careful with this kind of campaign. I prefer not to participate in such campaigns. But even if you want to participate, I think you should do some good research in advance.
Soberb

Activity: 276
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 28, 2019, 02:18:36 PM

As far as I know from my two years of experience of cryptocurrency, airdrops are free and any project launching airdrop does not require you to send them anything. They many ask you to provide your email or ethereum address or KYC information. So stay alert about any project asking you to provide them any fund.

BITWINGS - Guaranteed worth $0.20
Minephone - First smartphone that produces up to 2 ETH/month (http://minephone.bitwings.org)
MCDev

Activity: 680
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 28, 2019, 02:55:52 PM

I once sent several ETH to the address given by them and after that they disappeared.
It was a crazy act. Airdrop is free, and if you need to pay them some money to receive airdrop, it is definitely a scam. You need to stay away from the airdrop like that

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
iged_war

Activity: 882
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 28, 2019, 03:10:29 PM
Last edit: July 28, 2019, 03:26:02 PM by iged_war

It was a crazy act. Airdrop is free, and if you need to pay them some money to receive airdrop, it is definitely a scam. You need to stay away from the airdrop like that
many people trying to cheat others.and strangely, many people are deceived and send ethereum to the address.we have to becarefull and just forget it.there are many airdrop program better .

▄█  █▄
              ▄▀█  █▌
             █▀ █ ▐█  ▄      ▄▄▄
         ▀▄ ██▄▄█ ▐█  ▀▀      █▀▄▄
           ██▀▀██ █▌  █▌ ▄▀▀▌ █▄▄
     █▄▄  ▄█   ▄█▐█▌  █▌▐█    █  ▄▄

▄▄▄▄▀███▀   ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▄▀      █
▄██               ▐▌█ █▀▄ █▄  ▄▄  █       █▌  ▐▌
██▌              ▀█▄      ▐█▌▐▌██▐█       █▌  ▐▌
██▌    █▀▄█ ▄▐█▀▀▄█▌▄▀▀▄   ███▌██▐█▄▀▀▄█▀▄▐▌▄▀█▌
▀███▄▄ █▀▄█▄█▐█▄▄▀▐█▀▄▄▀    ██ ▀██▀▀█▄▀█▀▄▐ █▄▀█
  ▀▀▀    █ ▄█▐▌                          █
          ▀  █                            ▀
WIN A
▀██████████▀
██
██
██
██
▀██████████▀

▀██████████▀

▀██████████▀
███████████▀
██
████████████
          ██
▄███████████
██
██
██
██
███████████▀
▀██████████▀

████████████
██        ██
██        ██
CYBERTRUCK

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
            ▄▄▄████████████▀▀▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄▄▄██████████████▀▀▄▄█████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄▄███████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████████████▌
███████████████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████
 ████████▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀             ▀▀▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀██████▀
$60,000 IN BTC
$50,000 IN ETH
& MORE!
anggaem

Activity: 672
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2019, 03:16:17 PM

The way they usually work is they give you some string and you sign it to prove you own the address.

Could a malicious air drop make a transaction sending all your BTC to them, and then you sign it, and then they broadcast it to the network?
Or is signing a message different than signing a transaction?
there are some dangerous airdrops that tell us to install the apk, but not everything is dangerous, only a few are dangerous because they have a virus inside.
airdrop which only wants a wallet and a little data such as e-mail and telegram username, I think it's all safe.

EZ365TMREVOLUTIONARY DIGITAL ASSET ECOSYSTEM
WHITEPAPERINVESTOR pitch ❰ | Telegram | Twitter | Facebook |
███████████████ [ PLAYTRADELEARN ] ███████████████
campusnet

Activity: 481
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 28, 2019, 03:19:43 PM

many people trying to cheat others.and strangely, many people are deceived and send ethereum to the address.we have to becarefull and just forget it.
it's hard to say there are really good airdrops and make 1000 money maybe there are only 20 airdrops that really become money. the rest is just garbage. don't trust the form of request to send our money to anyone. it's clearly an airdrop scam.

bubislav

Activity: 395
Merit: 102

World's First Crowd Owned Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
July 28, 2019, 03:25:57 PM

in my view, airdrops are safe, but it doesn't mean you can give everyone your security code or your information. You always have to be careful. But normally they can be scam. When airdrop says to download any wallet. There is one more thing to say. There is something bad about that.

letyouearn
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1014

View Profile
July 28, 2019, 03:29:17 PM

Don't think signing a message can cause any harm to you.  Just be careful with different browser plugins and software you install on your computer - especially if you are working on windows...

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
..CPLAY - IDO.████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L 
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
Ifychuks
Copper Member

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 28, 2019, 09:28:06 PM

Any airdrop asking for any signing signing stuff is definitely a scam. I know a friend who lost her wallet to such malicious sites thinking it was an official site of a bounty done. Airdrops do not interest me these days anyway cos the reward for airdrops now are nothing to write home about.
Ferris419

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 28, 2019, 09:39:30 PM

This is why you need to find good Airdrop campaigns. Most of the Airdrop is not worthy to do. In this year, I haven't seen any Airdrop project, rather every ICO/IEO projects launched airdrop campaign! So, before joining in Airdrop, have a look at their partners, press release, whitepaper and verify their words! Good luck

Bitcoin is gonna hit 100K usd
zhea

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 28, 2019, 09:44:25 PM

The way they usually work is they give you some string and you sign it to prove you own the address.

Could a malicious air drop make a transaction sending all your BTC to them, and then you sign it, and then they broadcast it to the network?
It you are not really sure of what you are doing or you are in doubt please don't do it. It is for the safety of your account, better to study more if signing a BTC address would harm your funds but i think it doesn't but it would be good that the knowledge comes from you.
royalfestus

Activity: 2408
Merit: 516

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
July 28, 2019, 10:05:22 PM

It has been a while since I have joined an airdrop. From my experience, none of them has asked me to sign anything. Airdrops are supposed to be free and you do not need to send anything to them. Anyone asking you to send first are scams.
Sometimes I thinks one might appreciate signs up before it get to ones wallet, what if is not safe and u got it without your consent and it becomes a problem. However, I prefer it in an exchange than in my private wallet. Exchange wallet could come as result of holding certain coin and exchanges will be responsible for security check-up of such coin.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
jhonjhon

Activity: 1316
Merit: 126

View Profile
July 28, 2019, 10:45:15 PM

My friends got reward from airdrop, this huge profits was in 2018. I don't support because my privacy and security is first. Scam project sell your information for money and exchange little reward.
They are selling our soul also... Grin
We can't expect airdrops could give us valuable coin but just only a shit coin. Mostly, airdrops I participated before never been listed in a reputable one but just listed only at Forkdelta and Etherdelta. And looking its value today..not surprising cause it is still zero and nothing can afford to invest these coins.
Bunsomjelican

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 28, 2019, 10:56:25 PM

For me majority of the airdrops are not good, but there are few of them are good just like what I saw in some of the bounty campaign such as Bcnex, Cma. And if there are some airdrops asking for KYC don't join, because our documents is much more important than anyone don't exchange it with a small amount of return.
Turk Ace

Activity: 360
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2019, 11:03:47 PM

That is not my experience. What airdrops are you talking about? Anything that asks you for money before giving you something for "free" is a scam and anyone doing it is just silly.
I have never heard of proving you own an address. What will that do? That will prove nothing. Just stupid. I can't even think how a scammer would use that info at any rate.

A true airdrop is free and only requires your address.

A bounty airdrop requires certain tasks to be completed (this is not free and you must earn it) Retweeting making tweets or using FB to post or follow etc is not free it takes time and is work. If you earn something doing something else you cannot call it free. There is no such thing as "earning for free"
joinfree

Activity: 1246
Merit: 260

1A6nybMUHYKS6E6Z3eJFm4KpVDdev8BAJL

View Profile
July 28, 2019, 11:12:41 PM

They are safe and one of the easiest ways of earning crptocurrencies in this industry. However most of the airdrops that are run in this forum these days are worthless as they end up as shit coins and scam coins. I have tons of them in my ethereum wallet  Grin. i have moved on from the days of participating in bounties and airdrops only and also invest into some IEOs and ICOs of good projects in the cryptosphere.

Crypto Enthusiast supporting innovative ideas for the Liberalization of the world from the Centralized Institutions.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: