Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 04:19:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are airdrops safe?  (Read 9428 times)
john_nautica

Activity: 966
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 08, 2019, 06:54:59 AM

I think airdrop is safe, it's a good form of reward for the participants. now we can see a lot of airdrop events there and only how the airdrop can be successful or not we have to do research

Leo

Activity: 620
Merit: 10

Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!

View Profile
August 08, 2019, 08:14:36 AM

The way they usually work is they give you some string and you sign it to prove you own the address.

Could a malicious air drop make a transaction sending all your BTC to them, and then you sign it, and then they broadcast it to the network?
Or is signing a message different than signing a transaction?
airdrop that requires you to download their wallet might be malicious it's better to just skip such airdrop so as to avoid stories that touch in future,  lots of airdrop are out there just to get your personal information

Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!      │     TRIDENT PROTOCOL     │      HIGH FIXED APY  >>> 382,945%
THE HIGH PAYING AUTO-STAKING & AUTO-COMPOUNDING PROTOCOL
████████████|           Twitter           |          Telegram          |            Reddit            |████████████
khiholangkang

Activity: 2030
Merit: 561

View Profile
August 08, 2019, 08:19:40 AM

Not all airdrops are safe, there are also many fraudulent airdrops like we are required to send ETH or BTC to certain addresses, some are asking us to provide private keys, and some are asking us to do KYC, so we must be smart in choosing airdrop

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
EdenDice

Activity: 418
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 12, 2019, 07:03:20 PM

Are they are safe enough at this moment. Though I stopped joining on Airdrops I have to research Airdrop campaign to help my community! Right now many good airdrops are running though their reward is little. But my suggestion is, don't do every airdrop, try to check the Airdrops Alert website and their ratings!

teddyelwyn

Activity: 268
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 12, 2019, 09:21:28 PM

I have had luck with the airdrops i've participated in. If they are notable companies and you've done your due diligence I think it's fair to say go for it.
flemmings02

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 12, 2019, 10:44:05 PM

The way they usually work is they give you some string and you sign it to prove you own the address.

Could a malicious air drop make a transaction sending all your BTC to them, and then you sign it, and then they broadcast it to the network?

Any airdrop that requires any or all of the above requirements, such as signing messages is a scam attempt, and what they are trying to do is to steal your coins.
motun01

Activity: 431
Merit: 18

View Profile
August 13, 2019, 12:42:40 AM

The Airdrops present right now on the blockchain cryptocurrency market aren't constantly sheltered, in some cases you locate some phony airdrops requesting that you complete a KYC, or even to send them your private keys. Numerous novices got defrauded by this "airdrops" and lost their well deserved coins thus.

Nurma.A

Activity: 286
Merit: 100

StableDex | Decentralized, Secure & Cost Effective

View Profile
August 13, 2019, 01:08:30 AM

For me the airdrop is safe. But still, you have to be vigilant. There have been many cases in the airdrop. Malware. Many people who put Malware into an airdrop link. Malware is very dangerous for the laptop or PC that we use to look for bitcoin. As you said, your account could have sent bitcoin to them without you knowing it.

Prettygirl01315

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 13, 2019, 01:53:35 AM

usually airdrops are safe if the registration is easy but having your information shared will photos, KYC and stuff better check it one first before joining because you might get your information stolen from nowhere and sell it to the blackmarket
Irdina

Activity: 502

TheFutbolCoin

View Profile
August 13, 2019, 02:10:18 AM

I think it's safe if they don't ask for a private key or send a few fees,because airdrop is completely free by only doing light tasks or filling out forms and for airdrops from exchanges it will usually ask for KYC.

▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀          T h e F u t b o l C o i n     [    App Store    ] [   Google Play   ]          ▀ ▀▀ ▀▀▀
▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀        WHITEPAPER    |    TEAM    |    TWITTER    |    TELEGRAM    |    FACEBOOK        ▀ ▀▀ ▀▀▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬   Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE   ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1217

View Profile
August 13, 2019, 02:19:09 AM

I have never come across any airdrop that sends you any string and ask you to click on them. Earlier, there were airdrops for BTC holders that required a signed message from your wallet. Examples are Byteball, Bitcore and Stellar Lumens airdrops. I participated in them, and I should say that I got good returns from these airdrops.

But in those cases, we needed to create the signed message ourselves. I just logged in to my online Blockchain.com wallet and created a signed message. And that is the proper way of doing it. I would be cautious about those airdrops which ask you to sign message using their own URL links. It is a clear sign of phishing and I would stay away from such links.
Rehmanchoudhary5

Activity: 227
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 13, 2019, 02:27:46 AM

99% airdrop these days are fake does not pays you and all of them ask for KYC, they owe your personal ID documents probably they sold to some agencies or organizations who knows but it's totally unsafe to handover your documents to anyone for 1,2$.

DRK Defi| The Fourth Generation Of Blockchain In Decentralized Finance
DRK DEX: https://draken.exchange/
setialovers

Activity: 812
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 13, 2019, 03:44:02 AM

99% airdrop these days are fake does not pays you and all of them ask for KYC, they owe your personal ID documents probably they sold to some agencies or organizations who knows but it's totally unsafe to handover your documents to anyone for 1,2$.

With the current altcoin market conditions that are still weak, I think joining the airdrop asking for KYC is not a good choice. The value of the airdrop that we get is not comparable to the security of our documents and it is better that I do not join the airdrop even though to get a free token does not require a lot of effort.
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2019, 04:11:16 AM

An airdrop is an airdrop and should be free if they ask you to complete a task before they give you a portion of their coin, then this is no tan airdrop anymore but a bounty, do not download anything or write a string of code to your address unless you know what that codes, because airdrops now are a pennyworth, and most of the time they are bunch of useless coins.

killat

Activity: 742
Merit: 21

Be the reason someone smiles today

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2019, 05:52:19 AM

As long as you don't participate into airdrops that have as requirements to download any wallet you should be safe.

And of course, don't you never share your private key on any unknown sites.

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible
✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
August 13, 2019, 06:06:35 AM

An airdrop is a way for the project to gain extra publicity and get some people interested in their coin. The offering is free. There should be absolutely zero obligation on the recipient's part to do anything at all.

Marble777

Activity: 736
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 13, 2019, 07:56:01 AM

As long as you don't participate into airdrops that have as requirements to download any wallet you should be safe.

And of course, don't you never share your private key on any unknown sites.

yes you are right, and it is not recommended for airdrop token hunters to download any form of wallet just to get an airdrop token. very dangerous in my opinion, they will easily identify your data through it. actually I am personally not interested in airdrops, it's just that I remind you of the dangers of these airdrops.

E x p e r i e n c e   t h e   F u t u r e   o f   D e F i
██ ███ ██    C a t e n a  X    ██ ███ ██
|        T w i t t e r        |      T e l e g r a m      |   A N N   T h r e a d   |         G i t h u b         |
ATSgrowth

Activity: 924
Merit: 106

homt.net

View Profile
August 13, 2019, 09:42:35 AM

If you are not giving them a private key from your personal wallet or not uploading your KYC information, then it is almost impossible to lose something.  Wink

► HOMT ◄ ♦ World’s First Crypto Based Students Rental Platform ♦ ► HOMT ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Facebook|LinkedIn
10BTCaDay

Activity: 770

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
August 13, 2019, 09:55:39 AM

If you are not giving them a private key from your personal wallet or not uploading your KYC information, then it is almost impossible to lose something.  Wink
it is important to properly store your private keys because if you just keep them on your computer, this can also lead to its loss

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
ModanaLee

Activity: 131
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 13, 2019, 10:22:29 AM

Back those days, airdrops are to great extent safe. But today, so many fake projects are coming up with different fake airdrops. Reason why one needs to be careful with the kind of airdrop one fills.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: