Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 08:23:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are airdrops safe?  (Read 9428 times)
dentolas

Activity: 854
Merit: 12

arcs-chain.com

View Profile
September 22, 2019, 07:59:02 AM

I've never participated in any airdrop that asked for signing... usually you register (address and little more than that) and than you wait... 10% of the times you actually receive the airdrop...
I've heard about a lot of scams asking for signatures, private keys, etc...
Airdrops are free and usually worthless so be carefull about what you need to do to get you airdrop...

► ARCS ◄ ♦ ARCS - The New World Token (*Listed on KuCoin) ♦ ► ARCS ◄
───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Whitepaper
aristecounos

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2019, 09:13:04 AM

The way they usually work is they give you some string and you sign it to prove you own the address.

Could a malicious air drop make a transaction sending all your BTC to them, and then you sign it, and then they broadcast it to the network?
Or is signing a message different than signing a transaction?

If any airdrop request btc or eth or fee it must be scam
And leave project and don't invest...
U can particpate to any legit project
Like Counos
https://counos.com
kostepanych2

Activity: 1274
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 22, 2019, 10:03:38 AM

Airdrop are unsafe in those cases:
1) You paste your private keys somewhere. Or use your wallet.dat file in the airdrop wallet.
2) You install malicious sowtware downloaded from airdrop websites.
3) In some rare cases even airdrop website can be malicious.
landoffaucets

Activity: 1204
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 22, 2019, 10:17:26 AM

Bookmark this page: airdrops.io. I am using this site for about two years and I have to say that they list only legit crypto airdrops.
Participating in airdrops that you find in a telegram group posted by spammers are highly risky because you can really loose your cryptocurrencies by sending them "FEE" or even worse private key.  Roll Eyes
disconnectme

Activity: 1876
Merit: 512

View Profile
September 22, 2019, 07:12:52 PM

Airdrops are safe as long as you are not giving out your information for these freebies, Just look at the Stellar Airdrop for example, they wanted KYC for just few Dollars to me is not worth it, but there are some that only require you to do some few tasks, like retweeting and other things

█ ▀  ▄
  ▄ █  █▌ 
▄    █
        ███
                  ▀▀▀▀▀██
         ███          ███
      ███     【】     ███
   ███   【】【】   ███
██▀           █  █         ▀██         
█▄          █  █        ▄██
   ███       █  █     ███
      ███   █  ███ 
         ███    █    ███
            ███   ███

.T o o l K i t z A I .Break The Barrier.

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

███████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRY DEMO
███████████████████████████████████████████████████

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

▄▄████
                 ▄▄████████▌
           ▄▄█████████▀███
     ▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀    ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀     ▄███████▌
      ██     ▄█████████
       █   ▄██████████▌
       █   ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
lumierre

Activity: 862
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 22, 2019, 08:50:41 PM

Airdrop is safe, but I don't see the point in taking part in them now, because they pay very little and the time spent is not worth it

It is the best choice for the newbies to take parts airdrops because they do not really need much time and can bring good profit. However, it must be done in compliance with the rules of their own cybersecurity, and you must not think that you will get money quickly. It is not a job and not a way to get a stable income. This is just a lottery that you can win if you sure, take part in it.

CDEX-CROSS-CHAIN DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE PLATFORM
TOKENS FOR BITCOINTALK USERS FOR SIGNATURES! ANN TREAD ! WHITEPAPER ! LITEPAPER !
Brunus

Activity: 585
Merit: 33

Rasputin Party Mansion

View Profile
September 22, 2019, 09:01:23 PM

Well, in most cases they are safe (but be careful with your personal data...)
Btw, it's very unlikely that you'll have some kind of gain with airdrops, usually you lose your time.

●  ROC2  ●   We have successfully delivered STAGE 1   ● ━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
━ ━━ ━━━━ ━━━━━━  We now invite you to become part of PHASE2 expansion In Partnership With REDTUBE
● Telegram    ● Twitter    ● Facebook    ● Medium    [  ICO is L I V E !  ]   ━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
Alohadanc3

Activity: 1050
Merit: 10

Martian Swap - Anti Whale Measures New Yield Farmi

View Profile
September 22, 2019, 10:22:10 PM

Yeah most of the time airdrops are safe. But the problem with the airdrops are they are not worthy. Most of them. Most of the times those coins never come to the market and those which come are very cheap. So ibtjink airdrops are nothing but a waste of time. Sometimes they push to collect data that's very rare though.

Herbet Fry

Activity: 812
Merit: 253

●Social Crypto Trading●

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2019, 10:37:27 PM

Bookmark this page: airdrops.io. I am using this site for about two years and I have to say that they list only legit crypto airdrops.
Participating in airdrops that you find in a telegram group posted by spammers are highly risky because you can really loose your cryptocurrencies by sending them "FEE" or even worse private key.  Roll Eyes

Thank you. Nice site. Legit you say? Well, I see no reason why not to. Nothing to lose all to gain right? Lol I once actually did pay a fee for an airdrop and believe it or not it turned out legit. 9 months later I got $100 for the token. It didn't make sense to me either.   Tongue

Kupid002

Activity: 1036
Merit: 329

View Profile
October 02, 2019, 09:27:39 AM

Most of the airdrops are safe, People become prey when they have lack of information. All you need is to do some research work to avoid scams. It will be good to visit trusted sites to check which airdrop campaigns are legit and which is not.
Even a long running airdrop website will never know if the airdrop is legit or might be scam a

Airdrop is safe as long they will never ask your private key.
I seen many fake airdrops sometimes they  send it to me  by an email and sometimes you can see it in social media and they are asking for privatekey.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
.Defi for You.
defi.com.vn

Learn how to become your own bank and
implement a private investment strategy

▄▄                    ▄▄
█      Pawn | Sell     
           Services
      Buy   | Rent
     █
  ▀▀                    ▀▀

robelneo
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 1206

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2019, 01:54:44 PM

Well, in most cases they are safe (but be careful with your personal data...)
Btw, it's very unlikely that you'll have some kind of gain with airdrops, usually you lose your time.

No I don't think so they are useless totally waste of time even risky because along the way they will ask for KYC and on top of that they will ask you to invest more to unlock your airdrops, majority of them do not have a roadmap and platform that they can bring to the community.
I stopped participating in airdrops after Ebtc, you are just being used by the developers so they can get listing their coin in the exchange to dump their coin.

ice18

Activity: 2492
Merit: 542

View Profile
October 02, 2019, 03:13:04 PM

Airdrops are safe if you did not make any wallet interactions or transactions that can lead to unauthorized transactions without your permission, the safest thing to do is only give them your public wallet address and wait for the token to receive in your wallet. 

rocku12345

Activity: 882
Merit: 518

View Profile
October 06, 2019, 12:32:16 AM

Most of the airdrops are safe, People become prey when they have lack of information. All you need is to do some research work to avoid scams. It will be good to visit trusted sites to check which airdrop campaigns are legit and which is not.
Even a long running airdrop website will never know if the airdrop is legit or might be scam a

I seen many fake airdrops sometimes they  send it to me  by an email and sometimes you can see it in social media and they are asking for privatekey.
Maybe that was a fraud from spammers. I would be appreciated if someone can explain me why do Airdrop organizators may need a private key. One day I received letter from fake Blockchain info domain, it was very plausible but I have recognized it pretty quickly after reading article on resource HABR.
Zich
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2019, 07:26:27 AM

User need to exercise caution upon joining airdrop because some of the airdrop is not legit. Especially if KYC is required.
Users need to analyze whenever it's worth to give our precious data to unknown company for small airdrop.
We do understand that KYC is needed in order to eliminate multiple join, but this data could be fall to wrong hand.
djselery
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 08, 2019, 03:44:14 PM

Not all of the airdrops are safe, you have to make your research about the project before participating in any airdrop. Many fake airdrops are selling the data of their participants to third parties, and there are also some airdrops even asking for the private keys to access your wallet and steal your funds. So be careful before participating in any airdrop.
Kupid002

Activity: 1036
Merit: 329

View Profile
October 08, 2019, 03:46:45 PM

I seen many fake airdrops sometimes they  send it to me  by an email and sometimes you can see it in social media and they are asking for privatekey.
Maybe that was a fraud from spammers. I would be appreciated if someone can explain me why do Airdrop organizators may need a private key. One day I received letter from fake Blockchain info domain, it was very plausible but I have recognized it pretty quickly after reading article on resource HABR.
There are many fraud scammers here. Sometimes they make a spreadsheet asking for privatekey which is not really needed if they are legit one.
And other make thier own website samething asking for deposit before you can claim your airdop. You can not be fool with that if you are aware but not for newbie in crypto.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
.Defi for You.
defi.com.vn

Learn how to become your own bank and
implement a private investment strategy

▄▄                    ▄▄
█      Pawn | Sell     
           Services
      Buy   | Rent
     █
  ▀▀                    ▀▀

cryptoloverlife

Activity: 278
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 09, 2019, 12:34:19 PM

I hope most of the Airdrops are completely scam which they are asking for the KYC procedure which we don't know what they will do with our information. At least they might pay very low value to us which we cannot able to transfer the coin to the exchanges. So we should be very careful with the Airdrops we are joining.
Taskford

Activity: 2562
Merit: 796

View Profile
October 09, 2019, 01:56:29 PM

I hope most of the Airdrops are completely scam which they are asking for the KYC procedure which we don't know what they will do with our information. At least they might pay very low value to us which we cannot able to transfer the coin to the exchanges. So we should be very careful with the Airdrops we are joining.

I assume all of them is scam if they do that since I don't really see the point on why they ask a KYC to the participant since at the first place they are the one who offers that and it's so shady for airdrop owner to there participants. And also I think I read some informations that they will sell all the identities on the darkweb since if the case then we will be in big trouble if our identity will be use on illegal things online.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
miningguru

Activity: 1134
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 26, 2019, 05:42:26 AM

There are many fraud scammers here. Sometimes they make a spreadsheet asking for privatekey which is not really needed if they are legit one.
And other make thier own website samething asking for deposit before you can claim your airdop. You can not be fool with that if you are aware but not for newbie in crypto.

That's why we should always be very careful with the Airdrops because most of them are a scam which we don't see any value to the coin and simply asking for KYC. Some companies will ask for Private key which I don't know and this makes me most of the Airdrops are scam without any value to the coin.
pealr12

Activity: 1946
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 26, 2019, 01:53:59 PM

Airdrops are safe as long they would not ask for your private details n order to get your airdrop tokens. Most of airdrops these days you will provide kyc which is not good for every participants.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: