Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 05:11:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are airdrops safe?  (Read 9428 times)
Avirunes
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2019, 05:56:14 PM

whatever the form is either Airdrop or bounty, if they ask for something in order to receive their Token, immediately avoid it and never follow what they say, because they certainly have a bad intention to deceive you.
don't let them develop.

Not necessarily IMO. If they are asking for something to download or provide them your private key or sign up using it then definitely they are trying to pull out a scam. However there are many who just ask for simple tasks like promotion or give them like on certain platform and they most likely pay also as well.

Airdrop or bounty hunters should know what they should provide them and what not.
cryptoloverlife

Activity: 278
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 31, 2019, 06:51:51 AM

whatever the form is either Airdrop or bounty, if they ask for something in order to receive their Token, immediately avoid it and never follow what they say, because they certainly have a bad intention to deceive you.
don't let them develop.

Yes, we should be very careful with the Airdrops, sometimes the companies are asking for private keys and also a little investment to receive the tokens. In some cases, I have given access to MEW wallet, later I have lost all my coins which I am holding them in my MEW wallet.
cvasy

Activity: 520
Merit: 250

KUWA.ai

View Profile
October 31, 2019, 05:59:07 PM

don't let them develop.

Yes, we should be very careful with the Airdrops, sometimes the companies are asking for private keys and also a little investment to receive the tokens. In some cases, I have given access to MEW wallet, later I have lost all my coins which I am holding them in my MEW wallet.
Some people make airdrops only as bait to commit a fraud, and usually airdrops like this often require us to send ether / btc as the cost of sending their tokens and not infrequently there are airdrops that actually trap participants to enter the private key in the registration form and of course they will have unlimited access to access assets that we have in the wallet, usually those who are new to airdrops / people who are not careful will be trapped in an airdrop scam.
We should be careful and thorough in filling out the registration form of an airdrop, avoiding the airdrop project asking for ether / btc, requesting a private key and ordering clicking on a link included in the form.

|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
d3nz

Activity: 1288
Merit: 264

View Profile
October 31, 2019, 06:39:42 PM

Some airdrops are profitable but it will depends if they will provide an update on their project also on how they communicate with their members and before joining an airdrop you need to know on how much they will be distributing their token/coins and depending in the value once it listed on market.

And you are only targetting their token/coins or what you call "free money". And if they are promoting a bonus round for their members then don't buy it because it will be your loss and you are spending your money not getting it free.
Rodeo02

Activity: 1302
Merit: 577

avatar and signature space for rent !!!

View Profile
November 03, 2019, 04:37:17 AM

don't let them develop.

Then we cannot call it an airdrop but a sell for thier tokens. Asking for private key i think this one is phising so dont give your private key  to any one. Join only in an airdrop that you just need to give your address and thats the only needed for that task.
muksal

Activity: 373
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 05, 2019, 05:33:47 PM

The way they usually work is they give you some string and you sign it to prove you own the address.

Could a malicious air drop make a transaction sending all your BTC to them, and then you sign it, and then they broadcast it to the network?
Or is signing a message different than signing a transaction?

since i know airdrop until now i still find some airdrops that can give coins / tokens for free without having to sign any message .. we only do some conditions like share/like or subscribe via social media .. after that we are waiting for distribution ... but if anyone asks something from us in any form then you should leave the airdrop because it could endanger yourself

carriebee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 05, 2019, 11:43:53 PM

The way they usually work is they give you some string and you sign it to prove you own the address.

Could a malicious air drop make a transaction sending all your BTC to them, and then you sign it, and then they broadcast it to the network?
Or is signing a message different than signing a transaction?
They not get your fund as long you not go to their link which its phishing site so always be careful when we participate to airdrop check the site first before fill up anything and if you feel that there a suspicious in that airdrop better to avoid it. There's a lot of airdrop that legit and don't focus to airdrop there's a lot of ways to earn in crypto like bounty, social media campaigns and trading.
Soonandwaite
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1401

View Profile
November 16, 2019, 01:08:17 PM

i think the kickex airdrop from kickico is good. it's already over 600k dollars rewards.

anume123

Activity: 700
Merit: 100

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
November 16, 2019, 02:31:31 PM

Airdrops are safe to join and also its free to join, the problem is how long it will takes to run and how long it will be run, because many of airdrops users are useless and almost scam for promoting their business.

ronaldo40
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 16, 2019, 02:56:32 PM

i think the kickex airdrop from kickico is good. it's already over 600k dollars rewards.

can you share the link for the airdrop? so everyone here can join it
since it's my first time heard that kickico made an airdrop

d3nz

Activity: 1288
Merit: 264

View Profile
November 16, 2019, 08:53:44 PM

There are some airdrops are worth-it and have value and some developers are very generous before but as of today no only few i know has a good project that's still doing an airdrop for free and without any exchange and just need to do the task.

And this airdrop has its value not like the others that you need to have a KYC first before getting their token since they are required to do itin their country where its registered. But, i don't recommend this because it is like giving out your personal information for just only below $1.
Balladtony77

Activity: 378
Merit: 15

View Profile
November 17, 2019, 10:09:48 AM

The only airdrop that are safe nowadays are trading altcoins, they always have 100% rating on airdrop websites and they have never failed me, get used to airdropbob.com they offer trusty airdrops

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
rudin123

Activity: 770

View Profile
November 30, 2019, 01:02:49 AM

Even a long running airdrop website will never know if the airdrop is legit or might be scam a

Airdrop is safe as long they will never ask your private key.
I seen many fake airdrops sometimes they  send it to me  by an email and sometimes you can see it in social media and they are asking for privatekey.
I often get emails that contain they will give you several tokens by following a number of methods but in my opinion it's just a fraud if you receive emails like that immediately delete them because it's a waste of your time, and if there is an airdrop that asks for your data and even then it should be avoided because not all airdrops pay
djkyno

Activity: 798

View Profile
November 30, 2019, 06:33:03 PM

No, there are so many fake and shady airdrops, so you have to be very careful before participating in any airdrop nowadays. There are many hackers and stealers trying to steal cryptocurrencies by spreading the word about their scammy airdrops. Especially don't make any KYC or give your private keys to any airdrop.
viananda2525

Activity: 1052
Merit: 125

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
December 01, 2019, 04:44:02 PM

No, there are so many fake and shady airdrops, so you have to be very careful before participating in any airdrop nowadays. There are many hackers and stealers trying to steal cryptocurrencies by spreading the word about their scammy airdrops. Especially don't make any KYC or give your private keys to any airdrop.
mostly yes, many airdrop program could not continue their project and finally dying. If they required some eth or private we have to avoid it. Hackers behind on this program. Many saya that used to lie us in airdrop. But by this case we should not generalize airdrop. But some pay us too in huge amount.

youdacapt

Activity: 1820
Merit: 295

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2019, 09:14:35 PM

do not follow it all, some coins that already have an active market and are listed on the coinmarketcap are safer and legit. today I was just told my friend has got airdrop / earndrop from NRG with a pretty good value. I only smiled because I did not follow the program. Many airdroppers don't have a problem with kyc, but if you follow the airdrop randomly and are fooled, this will be a problem.

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
Rodeo02

Activity: 1302
Merit: 577

avatar and signature space for rent !!!

View Profile
December 02, 2019, 03:06:57 PM

do not follow it all, some coins that already have an active market and are listed on the coinmarketcap are safer and legit. today I was just told my friend has got airdrop / earndrop from NRG with a pretty good value. I only smiled because I did not follow the program. Many airdroppers don't have a problem with kyc, but if you follow the airdrop randomly and are fooled, this will be a problem.
That will be the best suggestions, because more of the airdrop right now ask for KYC or personal information to join, so its not really safe to join them all. Besides more of them is less value or no value at all so dont waste your time to projext without researching.
Sexaphiliac
Copper Member

Activity: 122
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 02, 2019, 08:55:08 PM

There are many fake airdrops that are used to collect the details of airdrop participants so they csn spam them on telegram and use their details(email addresses). I personally have been a victim of this.

I suggest before joining an airdrop you verify the authenticity of thr drop so you do not all a victim to identity theft or even worse, have your accounts (email especially) hacked. This is something those that use only one password across various platforms are susceptible to.

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
bitblade
Copper Member

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

Chaingateway.io - Blockchain API

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2019, 08:30:21 AM

Are airdrops safe?

To answear the base question, no airdrops aren't safe but its the same with anything else that involves money. There are airdrops every few minutes so the pure mass of airdrops is so high that distingushing between real and fake gets hard. Always do you research and stay as safe as possible  Grin

Pamadar
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

View Profile
December 05, 2019, 09:52:05 AM

That will be the best suggestions, because more of the airdrop right now ask for KYC or personal information to join, so its not really safe to join them all. Besides more of them is less value or no value at all so dont waste your time to projext without researching.
Don't waste your time participating with those airdrops that only provides small to nothing in value. The market is no longer friendly with such activities unlike before where you can earned huge amount by doing small things. Participating with airdrops who required you to process KYC needs to be reassess
as there are many cases where participants identities were collected without any rewards.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: