Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:11:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: if anyone hacked your account then who is responsible???  (Read 7639 times)
shiming

Activity: 798
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 07, 2020, 11:17:02 AM

Currently, most exchanges have their own security measures, such as a Google verification code or a mobile text message to verify login names. If we do this, they will not be stolen by hackers. If they are stolen, the exchange may have his own reasons. There is also your own reason, in the cryptocurrency world, we need to always be careful of hackers.

alfonso_jon

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2020, 11:56:32 AM

if I've created account/wallet on coinbase or any other exchange then my account is hacked and my coins/money lost who are responsible for it
The Exchange where I've created account Huh
is it my mistake Huh
what's you thought about it Huh

and how i make my account safe  Huh

Hacking and cracking of data happens almost on daily basis. This normally disturb thousands of users and involves great loss. And all depends on both ends, user and exchange ends. We should not blame others by layering up ourselves mistakes until and unless guarantee comes on others errors. So its better to verify all the possible ways from which end actually fault occurred.
iram3130
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1010

ITSMYNE 🚀 Talk NFTs, Trade NFTs 🚀

View Profile
January 07, 2020, 12:10:09 PM

If the exchange is hacked then you cant do anything unless they take responsibility and pay you back. If only your account is hacked then it will be on your head as you need to take precautions like 2FA etc.

The best way is to hodl the coins which you dont want to trade in a personal wallet rather than an exchange.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
andycarrol

Activity: 1106
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 07, 2020, 12:19:32 PM

if it is your mistake, the exchange will not be responsible, for example in some large cases, exchanges that got hacked and user funds lost, they will be responsible. unless your account lost is clearly your mistake. but I don't know even if you already use 2FA and it's still hackable, who's a mistake is hmm. therefore use a trusted exchange, because some exchanges do exist naughty.
Sebas.tian

Activity: 2030
Merit: 161

View Profile
January 07, 2020, 12:26:17 PM

Seriously speaking, many computer system have been tampered with by hackers and those  computer systems are more vulnerable if they are used to open wallets and longin into ones financial platforms. Personally am very fearful whenever I come across suspicion links from possible hackers online. Keeping your system safe is the first move before opening account online, hence if not done stand a chance of the account be hack.

superving

Activity: 938

View Profile
January 07, 2020, 12:26:51 PM

if I've created account/wallet on coinbase or any other exchange then my account is hacked and my coins/money lost who are responsible for it
is it my mistake Huh

both of you have mistake
Its your mistake cause you believe that your money  is safe on thier exchange/wallet
Exchanges mistake cause their security is not strong.

FairUser

Activity: 1344
Merit: 264

bit.ly/3QXp3oh | Ultimate Launchpad on TON

View Profile
January 07, 2020, 12:40:46 PM

Most likely you will be responsible for yourself, because today's hacked exchanges are not possible. It is difficult to attack exchanges because they have more layers of security than before and the process is also more strict than before.  If your account is hacked, it is likely that your personal information has been exposed to the public or someone has taken control of your computer with malware

TONUP██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄███████▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████▄░▄▄▀█████▀▄████▄
▄███████▄▀█▄▀██▀▄███████▄
█████████▄▀█▄▀▄██████████
██████████▄▀█▄▀██████████
██████████▀▄▀█▄▀█████████
▀███████▀▄██▄▀█▄▀███████▀
▀████▀▄█████▄▀▀░▀█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀█████▄
▄██████████▀▀█████▐████▄
██████▀▀████▄▄▀▀█████████
████▄▄███▄██▀█████▐██████
█████████▀██████████████
▀███████▌▐██████▐██████▀
▀███████▄▄███▄████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████▀▀███▀▀███▀▀██▀███▄
████▀███████▀█▀███▀█████
██████████████████████
████▄███████▄█▄███▄█████
▀████▄▄███▄▄███▄▄██▄███▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
JOIN NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
Shimmiry

Activity: 840
Merit: 105

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 07, 2020, 12:51:09 PM

It is really too hard to hack someone's wallet as most requires two factor authentication before logging in. But, there would be no hackable if you yourself are knowledgeable to be much secured than a normal person. Hackers often targets those who they think have many money in their crypto wallets, hence if you are one of them, you must be having multiple security measures to be safe. And if ever hacking was still been possible to you, responsible would be both you - your lapses, and the hackers dirty intentions.

sayaya17

Activity: 1638
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 07, 2020, 12:52:46 PM

If your account is hacked, whether it is a wallet account or an account on the trading market, then it is not the responsibility of anyone, or I mean that no one can be held responsible for this incident. This is purely an accident that you experienced because you were not careful in maintaining your account. on crypto or something related to the internet will be prone to being stolen by thieves. So you have to be vigilant.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████         █████████████       █████            ▄██████████████████████▄▄
█████████████         █████████████     ▄███████▄       ▄███████████████████████████▄
█████████████         █████████████   ▄███████████▄    ▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
█████████████         █████████████ ▄█████▀  ▀█████▄  ▄███████████▀        ▀██████████▄
████████████▀         █████████████ █████▀     ██████▄████████████▄         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████          █████████████ ████        ████████████████████▄▄▄▄▄
████████████          ████████████████▀    ▄     ████▀████████████████████████▄▄▄
████████████▄       ▄█████████████▄██▀    ▄█▄     ▀███ ████████████████████████████▄
 █████████████▄▄▄▄▄█████████████████     ▄███▄     ▀███ ▀████████████████████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▄███     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█████▄▄▀▀▀▀█████████████████████▄
    ▀████████████████████████▄███▀                   ▀████████▄       ▀▀██████████████
        ▀▀██████████████▀▀▄▄██████     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄█████████          ████████████▀
          ██████████████ ██████████▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄█████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████ ▀█████████████████████████████████████▀████▄▄▄█████████████▀
          ██████████████   ▀█████████████████████████████████▀ ███████████████████▀
          ██████████████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █████████████████▀▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

.bet
   $200   
 BONUS 
    100% BONUS FOR 
 EVERY DEPOSIT 
[]
daglordjames

Activity: 550
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 07, 2020, 12:58:06 PM

we can't blame ourselves if someone hacked our wallets or something. hackers can do it to anyone hacks into something if they want to but sometimes they don't succeed hacking something or our wallets because the security is tight and making them difficult to get it.
Apened

Activity: 1386
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2020, 01:01:24 PM

There's no other person involve between that hacking its only you and the hacker i guess so , if your personal account was been hacked by someone the only responsible for that is you who is the owner. i have a friend and he said the best way to keep our account safe is not only putting anti virus but rather protecting our own activity adn seeking knowledge how to avoid phishing or simply being aware of the possible virus o malicious links.
locobbb

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2020, 01:05:39 PM

is it my mistake Huh

Banks had the same issue years ago. At the time they had no specific policy of who was ultimatelly liable. Its still a grey area. Unfortunately when you are dealing in a market proud to be unregulated you cant expect or probaly receive protection. There are some more trusted exchanges out there but its the issue in the industry IMO.
Chainsmokers

Activity: 1372
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 07, 2020, 01:41:33 PM

In the case that you mentioned, where your account is hacked (not the exchange where you store assets).
Sorry to say but You are fully responsible for your own account.
Unless the exchange has been hacked it is the responsibility of the exchange.
Yes it is true, everyone is responsible for their own wallet and if their hacked account is not an exchange then it is the person who is wrong where he may not be careful in storing any of his personal information or he may have visited an unknown website which can be used by hackers to find out the wallet and exchange that you use so that he can easily enter with the information obtained.
adjed

Activity: 400
Merit: 268

View Profile
January 07, 2020, 03:52:21 PM

If just your account was hacked, then it's your responsibility because it would be assumed that you were somehow careless with your details and hackers were able to get access to it, if exchbages starts refunding losses that occurs from personal hacks, then people might start faking hacks to receive the refunds.

But when an exchange wallet is hacked, the exchange usually takes responsibility for it because it's their platform that was vulnerable and some major exchanges has refunded such loses before, two of the recent ones being Binance and Upbit.
Blackdeath

Activity: 910
Merit: 261

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 07, 2020, 04:29:04 PM

There are a lot of people who got hacked in their exchange wallet and they started to send a report about it, but the exchange will not take any responsibilities about it because it is not their loss and they will only say sorry to you, that is why you should be careful with your wallets because no one will take any responsibilities to it if it was hacked.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
forexandcryptoauditor
Copper Member

Activity: 1176
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2020, 04:39:17 PM

I think at first instance, I am solely responsible for it if I have not taken certain measures to avoid it. Like implementation of 2fa, avoiding phishing attacks, making private keys public and so on.
If such measures are not implemented, then first we need to take care of it.
And even if after these measures implemented but account is hacked, then it's exchange's responsibility.
We should deal with known and trusted exchanges only.

pantek talacuik

Activity: 773

Soil.co - Earn USDT/USDC

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2020, 05:02:26 PM

is it my mistake Huh

Banks had the same issue years ago. At the time they had no specific policy of who was ultimatelly liable. Its still a grey area. Unfortunately when you are dealing in a market proud to be unregulated you cant expect or probaly receive protection. There are some more trusted exchanges out there but its the issue in the industry IMO.

If you research further you will find many ways to make your allowance every day and this only depends on how active you are looking for it. if you are lazy for that then don't expect what you want to produce.

Visbay

Activity: 1236
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 08, 2020, 02:44:02 PM

In the case that you mentioned, where your account is hacked (not the exchange where you store assets).
Yes it is true, everyone is responsible for their own wallet and if their hacked account is not an exchange then it is the person who is wrong where he may not be careful in storing any of his personal information or he may have visited an unknown website which can be used by hackers to find out the wallet and exchange that you use so that he can easily enter with the information obtained.

Yes, no doubt everyone is responsible for their investment they need to keep it safe From hackers because while investing you must know how to keep it safe such as using the good wallet and never share your private key and I known person so there will be fewer chances of hacking. Be sure your wallet is safe and it will be much better if you use blockchain.
breathlessz

Activity: 770
Merit: 12

Trphy.io

View Profile
January 08, 2020, 02:55:17 PM

Yes, no doubt everyone is responsible for their investment they need to keep it safe From hackers because while investing you must know how to keep it safe such as using the good wallet and never share your private key and I known person so there will be fewer chances of hacking. Be sure your wallet is safe and it will be much better if you use blockchain.
usually problems arise because of our own carelessness. sometimes lack of concentration is the main cause. therefore we are easily tempted by interesting promos that they provide via email or other links, sometimes we also open the wallet address incorrectly, and that is a fatal mistake

hendra147

Activity: 644
Merit: 509

View Profile
January 08, 2020, 02:59:21 PM

80% no  one can take responsible on hacking activity in cryptoworld.

is it my mistake Huh
usually is your mistake, i can say 99,99% is your mistake, when MtGox was scam, goverman ask for an explanation of their mistakes, as well as holding customers accountable for their funds but even the mistake is Mtgox, you will still lost your money,

on coinbase
use whitelist IP
use 2fa auth
use phone number auth

also in mail service ( gmail)
use whitelist IP and use phonenumber verification
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: