Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:24:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Philosophical thoughts about the value of Bitcoin and Blockchain  (Read 211 times)
crypto4jan (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2451
Merit: 1025

Energy coin master

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2019, 05:45:59 PM

Hi Bitcoin community,

Let me introduce my self:
I’m a member here since April 2014 and Bitcoin and blockchain are very fascinating phenomena. Bitcoin, the mother of blockchain in so many shapes (Altcoins), is the engine of the Internet of Currency. In 2014 I got a free share in blockchain with 125K EnergyCoin and that was the beginning of my passion for Prove of Environment and tried to create an ecosystem on basis of clone from Bitcoin Counterparty on top of EnergyCoin. But got no support for the actual development of that great ecosystem and I left the EnergyCoin Foundation as a board member. I’m a very big whale in Stakecoin, the successor of Cinnicoin that was a short period in Marketcap top10 in 2014, and no value this moment but still a healthy blockchain.

Philosophical thoughts about the value of Bitcoin:
Bitcoin is a choice and for me, it was not but slowly I change my mind and try to see it from the other side. Let say 1 Satoshi is €1 of value in near the future, why not? Maybe the value of the € and $ has decreased soo much that you need 100 Satoshi to buy bread. 
With this Satoshi value, the Bitcoin community can save the world from climate change and more, then there are so many newly rich people that they must invest in GreenTech with a small part of their wealth and get as ROI a world with no war, with freedom of all people, no hunger and it save the Earth for 2000 years.
That is a nice thought, isn’t? Bitcoin saver of the Earth and all that we keep in shape 1 time every 10 minutes in the Bitcoin Blockchain, the Internet of Value and all the other blockchain applications (Altcoins) are just tools on top of The Blockchain.

e2wwnbU8XBcnZxSfMTwZLS7Ru6LdWHunCu
00000a5ac2dc57cfb0b92bc8be7731fe6a94a8c1c49a0d2f32e9e2da4f7d2308
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
transferit

Activity: 2
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 29, 2019, 06:22:33 PM

Hi Bitcoin community,

I’m a member here since April 2014 and Bitcoin and blockchain are very fascinating phenomena. Bitcoin, the mother of blockchain in so many shapes (Altcoins), is the engine of the Internet of Currency. In 2014 I got a free share in blockchain with 125K EnergyCoin and that was the beginning of my passion for Prove of Environment and tried to create an ecosystem on basis of clone from Bitcoin Counterparty on top of EnergyCoin. But got no support for the actual development of that great ecosystem and I left the EnergyCoin Foundation as a board member. I’m a very big whale in Stakecoin, the successor of Cinnicoin that was a short period in Marketcap top10 in 2014, and no value this moment but still a healthy blockchain.

Bitcoin is a choice and for me, it was not but slowly I change my mind and try to see it from the other side. Let say 1 Satoshi is €1 of value in near the future, why not? Maybe the value of the € and $ has decreased soo much that you need 100 Satoshi to buy bread. 
With this Satoshi value, the Bitcoin community can save the world from climate change and more, then there are so many newly rich people that they must invest in GreenTech with a small part of their wealth and get as ROI a world with no war, with freedom of all people, no hunger and it save the Earth for 2000 years.
That is a nice thought, isn’t? Bitcoin saver of the Earth and all that we keep in shape 1 time every 10 minutes in the Bitcoin Blockchain, the Internet of Value and all the other blockchain applications (Altcoins) are just tools on top of The Blockchain.

all the hype around blockchain and ethereum and all the erc 20 token scams which burn from ethereum platform nothing new under the sun, its just the web give you illusion that something big is happen while the experts and top cryptographers around the world try to solve the scalability problem which 99% of the people in crypto even dont aware.

ethreum and bitcoin only hold max 15 tps per second ** people talk about main stream and adaption and other shit yet it dosent scale.

how the web create a society of dumb people by misleading information while only experts and people with deep knowledge really know what goes out there.

how can be adaption and main stream without scaling in any system tech not only blockchain??

lighting network is bullshit experts know this, all the others also.

nano is some how hold much more and iota try to solve the biggest problem the most hard one.

so you talk about philosophy and other things when in reality the core things even didnt mention like scaling problem.

crypto4jan (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2451
Merit: 1025

Energy coin master

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2019, 08:42:58 PM

...  scaling problem.

Think of a pyramid.
Bitcoin is on top.
Other serious blockchains are the next layers.
So all The blockchain value is represented in Bitcoin.
If real value has to transact than it is a Bitcoin transaction.
So there is room for all kind of cryptocurrencies but they are linked with Bitcoin.
So Bitcoin can scale in cooperation with Altcoins.

e2wwnbU8XBcnZxSfMTwZLS7Ru6LdWHunCu
00000a5ac2dc57cfb0b92bc8be7731fe6a94a8c1c49a0d2f32e9e2da4f7d2308
kawa900jc

Activity: 721
Merit: 500

StakeChain Community leader

View Profile
August 03, 2019, 06:22:13 AM

A nice video about the economics between gold en Bitcoin
https://youtu.be/hqddLCLuBWo

BTC Future

Activity: 126
Merit: 5

View Profile
August 03, 2019, 06:31:36 AM

Hi Bitcoin community,

I've done a lot of research and I remember that back in 2013-2014 Bitcoin was considered a way to built a better future for the whole planet. I remember watching youtube videos of people gathering and talking about the economic freedom Bitcoin provides. It was not just about profits or technical issues. It was a new technology with endless possibilities.

Right now it seems we are all consumed with price fluctuations and missing the point of decentralization and freedom from the banking system that Bitcoin and it's blockchain provide.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2019, 08:54:18 AM

So Bitcoin can scale in cooperation with Altcoins

I can't say I really got what you wanted to say by that

Do you mean that altcoins pick up where Bitcoin leaves? That is, if Bitcoin becomes too expensive in both price and transaction costs, altcoins are here to help Bitcoin out? Then, if Bitcoin can't scale up (as Lightning Network seems to have failed to take off for real), altcoins will do instead. While true, this is scarcely what Bitcoin supporters and holders alike are in fact looking for as it essentially means that altcoins eat away at Bitcoin's value, which in practice typically leads to lower Bitcoin prices. Simply put, this is not the type of cooperation folks here are dreaming of

fiulpro

Activity: 1862
Merit: 830

View Profile
August 03, 2019, 10:07:59 AM

Hi Bitcoin community,

Am just worried about the fact that all this minning and all is generating so much carbon footprint that slowly instead of saving it's degrading the environment.
The governments are banning it and people don't go well will the renewable sources of energy because at starting it does need a good amount of investment.
I think .. slowly we should formulate rules so as to somehow decrease the energy consumption of minning then we can think about Savin the environment.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████