Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:08:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Be Careful !! Don't share your problem in Telegram  (Read 406 times)
DdmrDdmr
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 10757

There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2019, 10:02:53 AM

How can we find who is admin other than asking in the group? <...>
I don’t really use Telegram much, but as far as I’m aware, Admins have a star to the right of their name in the group list:

View Group Info -> scroll through the members list to visually (I haven’t seen any search option) locate members with a star symbol on the right hand side, after their name. Those should be Admins. If the group is large, it is a bit of a PITA, but anyway.

In addition, take a look at this thread to identify fake admins: Telegram Scams.
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Julian ogan

Activity: 87
Merit: 27

View Profile
August 06, 2019, 11:16:17 AM

Recently, one of my friends also faced the same issue. She had some issue with a transaction and she asked for an help in a crypto exchange telegram group. One scammer with same profile as Admin profile PM to her telling that we will resolve your issue but you need to pay for it. My friend felt that something wrong is going on and sent a message in the main group with the screenshot of the conversation with the scammer. The profile of the original admin and the scam was exactly same. Then they checked that there was a "BIO" section where the user written the userid of the admin there.

In the latest telegram upgrade, they have included BIO feature to add bio to your profile. This will be visible to other groups as well. We need to check all these keenly.

Sharing the fake profile here:

Also, we can check on any group, there will be "admin" word written next to the actual admin profile of the group.

omonuyak

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
August 06, 2019, 05:40:14 PM

If you have ane problem like a error withdraw or deposit in exchange. Don't tell it in there telegram group. Just pm their admin or send support email. If there have live chat, you can go live chat.
Yesterday i got problem while withdraw my tokens in exchange then i ask in telegram group. Their admin tell me in telegram group to pm me but, i didn't pm he. After few minutes, fake admin pm me and said want to help me. He ask my email in exchange account and i give it.
He said there have problem and i must send bitcoin. So, i check their telegram profile and in the bottom not have Group in common. Then i block and report him.

So guys, if you have the same problem like me. Don't tell to anyone except their Admin.

God helped you, you were able to detect that is a scam in time if not he could have got your Bitcoin and at the same time be able to move your token from your account if you provide all the account details. I think this is a lesson for all of us and we should learn from this trick of scammers. I hardly communicate with people outside the admin on telegram because several fakes admin has contacted me to invest in projects with huge bonuses but I have been ignoring them.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: