Bitcoin Forum
July 07, 2024, 05:54:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it fair to give juveniles life without parole sentences?  (Read 155 times)
iamsheikhadil (OP)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 133

View Profile
August 03, 2019, 03:46:41 PM

The supreme court of US has banned the sentence of death on juveniles not many years ago.

There have been cases where juveniles (under 18) were given death sentences and the youngest one was 14 I guess.

Sad that it took a lot of time but now it's constitionally prohibited to apply death penalty to juveniles. But the sentence of life without parole can still be given to them.

I don't consider "life without parole" and "death sentences" as separate as they both take away life.

So if death penalty was abolished, how life on parole remains as a way of lenient sentence?

Scientifically the brain doesn't fully develop till 25.

In these scenarios, is it fair that US still gives juveniles life without parole? Opinions?
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 1373

View Profile
August 03, 2019, 04:52:41 PM

Regarding the role of Government to punish, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, life for life.

If the kid didn't get proper training from his parent or guardian or school teacher, punish them too.

Of course, if parents, guardians, and school teachers are prevented by government from training the kid properly, punish government people, as well.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
TheCoinGrabber

Activity: 994
Merit: 302

View Profile
August 04, 2019, 02:23:51 PM

The problem with being more lenient towards juveniles compared to adults is that it emboldens them, since they know they can get off more easily.

Worse, it encourages criminal organizations to hire juveniles to do the work for them. For example, I live in a country where preteens can't go to jail and unsurprisingly, they tend to be the foot-soldiers for drug syndicates. If they get caught, they just get sent to some center ran by social services or NGOs for a few weeks and then they can get out again.
TimeBits

Activity: 224
Merit: 62

View Profile
August 04, 2019, 02:56:27 PM
Last edit: August 04, 2019, 03:09:19 PM by TimeBits

The supreme court of US has banned the sentence of death on juveniles not many years ago.

There have been cases where juveniles (under 18) were given death sentences and the youngest one was 14 I guess.

Sad that it took a lot of time but now it's constitionally prohibited to apply death penalty to juveniles. But the sentence of life without parole can still be given to them.

I don't consider "life without parole" and "death sentences" as separate as they both take away life.

So if death penalty was abolished, how life on parole remains as a way of lenient sentence?

Scientifically the brain doesn't fully develop till 25.

In these scenarios, is it fair that US still gives juveniles life without parole? Opinions?

No, It is about correcting the behavior, not punishing it forever. I just watched a doc on this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQJYEB-E4e8 Kids Behind Bars | TRULY

https://youtu.be/xQJYEB-E4e8?t=2570 look the kid learned his lesson, now he spends his entire life in prison, free the kids you fucks. He know he fucked up. 2045, is when he gets out, WTF IS THAT MAN? release him when he is like 24-25 and if continues this type of behavior of admitting he fucked up and trying to become better.

Better yet use blockCOURT to have 10,000,000+ people judge him if hes ready or not to come back into the system.
Indamuck

Activity: 1120
Merit: 554

View Profile
August 05, 2019, 11:33:45 AM

It is just an arbitrary number, people know what they are doing and that number isn't an excuse to get out of what you have done.   I think we need to work on our economic system and make it fair for everyone because most crimes happens because of poverty.
Vannie12

Activity: 630
Merit: 130

View Profile
August 05, 2019, 11:50:55 AM

It saddens me when it comes to the innocent ones especially when their own parents are the one who uses their children to be excempted to the Law. But not all are innocent. I guess what we need is a good government that could do root analysis before ending up killing people just to finish a case.
TheCoinGrabber

Activity: 994
Merit: 302

View Profile
August 06, 2019, 02:24:25 PM

The problem with being more lenient towards juveniles compared to adults is that it emboldens them, since they know they can get off more easily.

Worse, it encourages criminal organizations to hire juveniles to do the work for them. For example, I live in a country where preteens can't go to jail and unsurprisingly, they tend to be the foot-soldiers for drug syndicates. If they get caught, they just get sent to some center ran by social services or NGOs for a few weeks and then they can get out again.
This also bring more crimes related to kids like kidnapping them and grow them up for the purpose of sent them into jail and more importantly they are not going to give any salary for those kids to do that other than foods.I hae seen these kind of things on many movies.

Actually, that happens. Those kids begging on the street? Yup, some of those are working for syndicates. Sometimes you can actually catch them taking out the money from the small envelopes they hand out to people, so they can reused them.

Well, I guess begging on the streets is better than getting sold as a sex toy to some old geezer. Or you know, dead, after your internal organs have been harvested and sold. (The number of child organ donors is extremely small.)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: