Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:52:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How often do you check crypto prices?  (Read 2290 times)
crenfrosck

Activity: 470
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 23, 2019, 09:44:32 PM

On average, let’s say two times a day. After some time, I am immune to a sudden ups and downs, but it was wild back then Grin. Looking at those insane rising prices was addictive. I could check it on an hourly basis and I wouldn't think of it like I am doing something wrong. Knowing your borders is extremely important, never fall for an activity which affects your life negatively (or try to cut it down as much as possible).

=====================================================
BILLCRYPT - CREATING HISTORY
=====================================================

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 23, 2019, 11:53:56 PM
Last edit: August 24, 2019, 12:06:31 AM by PuertoLibre

If you're a holder, once a week is enough. Checking three times in a day won't make the price rally, it will only aggravate your anxiousness. Thus leading you to make mistakes because you weren't patient enough.

Of course if you're actively trading, that's a different story.

Holders can check prices even once a month, that doesn`t change anything if they plan to hold for years. Probably the more they check the more anxious they are, with this volatility in prices.
I think different story is if you are active in crypto community, than you can`t avoid seeing prices and discussions about prices everywhere.
I have bot on telegram for price changes, coin market cap bot https://web.telegram.org/#/im?p=@coinmarketcapcombot, that inform`s me about price changes, very useful tool, so basically I check prices very often.  
It is logical to check the crypto prices in every week for the holders. Otherwise it is sickness and it can be a stressful for the trader. Coinmarketcap bots are very helpful to let us know the bug price changes in case of trend reversals.

Almost every day I check prices in the market, and sometimes I enter the market several times a day, because the market is sometimes very volatile
What is your first reaction if you see a portfolio that lost the half dollar cost profit from yesterday? Many traders go to add more position to the losing trade which boosts the portfolio meltdown.
Layers318

Activity: 266
Merit: 4

CurioInvest [IEO Live]

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2019, 04:06:54 AM

I trust the frequency for monitoring the market will be based on individual roles played in crypto because day traders are more likely to check frequently within a day whereas short term traders may check either ones a day. Long term investors are likely to check market price within months or years.

[ CurioInvest ]: Bringing Collectables into the Digital World (https://curioinvest.com) [IEO LIVE]
chocopapaya

Activity: 686
Merit: 131

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2019, 04:29:54 AM

I used to be addicted to checking prices.
I would check it every single free moment I had.
At work, at home, everywhere.
It was really stressful to say the least lol.

I think everyone goes through this phase.
AFter awhile, when you get used to it, you learn to just leave it alone and pay attention when it is important.
Especially if you have a specific trading strategy, you need to stick with it.
Constantly checking prices will just throw everything off and cause you to make foolish decisions.

joseyphil82

Activity: 742
Merit: 16

View Profile
August 24, 2019, 06:31:14 AM

I check crypto price almost everyday through blockfolio since all my altcoins and tokens are added on blockfolio for tracking,one thing about blockfolio is whenever there is a new update about the token or coin you added on the app is available you will be fully notified.

coinsycrip09

Activity: 910
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 24, 2019, 06:32:27 AM

Usually I do it everyday at least once a day, because every second does really matter to decide what should I do on that day. Maybe, the price would goes higher on that day and if I didn't check it, I would miss the hype train from that price.
just like you, i also often check it.
indeed every second is really very important to take the right decision. i also don't want to lose opportunities when prices suddenly go high.

but lately i don't always check it.
lately the market can't be predicted, i can't always follow it.so i check it only occasionally in a few weeks.
samputin

Activity: 1036
Merit: 294

View Profile
August 24, 2019, 06:51:52 AM

Most of the time. I do check it all of the time whether I'm on desktop or mobile. It's already part of my life and checking the price, I made it as a habit.
From time to time, I can't be contented if I'm not going to check it and that's why it's important to me checking it.

Same here, bro! I think it has already been a part of my system since I entered this community. Grin It's like, everytime I hold my phone, I also check the price because I think that every minute, it changes. If it's high, I automatically feel good and excited. But if it's down, parallel feelings also come to me. Whichever feeling it is, I still find it significant to check the price.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
TheICE007

Activity: 646
Merit: 100

tozex.io

View Profile
August 24, 2019, 07:01:47 AM

The check is only natural, "where your treasure is, your heart lies there" . I check at least 3 times a day even though I do not have much in my portfolio. I have just a little amount of bitcoin and ethereum.

► TOZEX ◄ ♦ Cryptoasset Financing Platform ♦ ► TOZEX ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Facebook|LinkedIn
Kriptos

Activity: 532
Merit: 10

Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World

View Profile
August 24, 2019, 12:54:21 PM

Almost every day I always monitor market movements. I do daily trades, so it should be every day I sell and buy coins. But if I invest in an ICO or IEO project, I will monitor the development more often. Like the IEO project, we can monitor every day because the project is already listed on the exchange. So for IEO project, it will be easier to monitor.

Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
August 25, 2019, 10:55:21 AM

I hardly check prices when am not trading. But if you need to, why don't you use a mobile/pc cryptocurrency price notifier? Yours is not the best way to keep up with the latest price unless you want latest prices on a website to check price manually.
Nobita7999

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 25, 2019, 11:15:23 AM

It becomes a habit of people to enter this market. Regular price tracking helps to make the most realistic look when trading.
shiming

Activity: 798
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 25, 2019, 11:24:41 AM

I remember when I was a newbie, I watched the phone pay attention to the price of the cryptocurrency every day, and finally found that it was useless, and lost a lot. But I rarely watch mobile phones now, and rarely focus on cryptocurrency prices, which may be related to the time of exposure to cryptocurrencies.

suvo05

Activity: 1162
Merit: 260

View Profile
August 25, 2019, 11:41:51 AM

It depends on what type of trading you are doing if you are a day trader then you have to pay attention whole day but if you are a long-time holder then no need to check regularly. But for me, it became a habit to check the price in regular interval.

whatthesith
Copper Member

Activity: 301

simply getting the job done

View Profile
August 25, 2019, 01:17:31 PM

Crypto market is pretty boring last month, but if you would like to make some good trades, you need to watch it 24/7 or buying a bot that will do this job for you.

Mycro Jobs                                                                                                                                                                                                   
| SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE
⟩                                                                                                                                                     
                                                           ⟩⟩ Telegram ⟩⟩ Twitter ⟩⟩ Medium ⟩⟩ Github ⟩⟩ Instagram ⟩⟩ LinkedIn ⟩⟩ YouTube ⟩⟩ Facebook
calandra78
Copper Member

Activity: 840
Merit: 114

View Profile
August 25, 2019, 01:24:49 PM

I remember when I was a newbie, I watched the phone pay attention to the price of the cryptocurrency every day, and finally found that it was useless, and lost a lot. But I rarely watch mobile phones now, and rarely focus on cryptocurrency prices, which may be related to the time of exposure to cryptocurrencies.
that's because you are not a daily trader of crypto. if you are a daily trader you will definitely pay attention to your crypto market and assets all the time. I open and inspect assets in my daily trading at leisure every day. maybe up to 3-5 x a day I check it.
NoirSuccubus

Activity: 353
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2019, 12:01:31 PM

It depends on the portfolio my portfolio is not a large one so I do not have much reasons to check it frequently. I usually check twice in a day when I wake up and when I go to sleep. It also depends on the coin whether I buy it for a short term or for a long term.
papagravel

Activity: 490
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 28, 2019, 04:03:31 PM

My bro just said I'm getting addicted to my Portfolio app, and I think he is right. I usually check crypto prices at least three times a day. I know it's not very healthy checking crypto prices these days, but bitcoin specifically has been doing well.

What about you, how often do you check crypto prices?

Tell your brother that for a long time there are many different bots that collect the necessary data from various exchanges and can transmit this data directly to him in telegram. These bots certainly cost money, but they save a lot of time that you can spend on other purposes.

[ Z ] ZooomEx0%  trading  FEE                            CRYPTO EXCHANGE 
facebook  |  TELEGRAM  |  ◥ twitter  [  A N N  ◾  B O U N T Y  ◾  WP   ]
████████████████████ (❪ TRADE NOW ❫) ████████████████████
furball64

Activity: 271

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
August 28, 2019, 07:56:18 PM

I have many different applications on the phone where you can see the price of the coins that interest me. I also have several exchanges applications where I constantly trade where my trading pairs are added to bookmarks. Checking prices takes 5-10 minutes, and I do this at least once an hour. I believe that if you trade on exchanges, then you should take the time to check the prices of your coins.

Christinebeauty
Copper Member

Activity: 420
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 28, 2019, 09:06:10 PM

To some extent, yes we can say checking up on prices frequently is an addiction. But it is also good for especially day traders because constant monitoring of the market helps you to grab opportunities like sudden drop to enter the market or sudden rise to leave the market

MaiQwaN

Activity: 1036
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 28, 2019, 10:30:36 PM

I check the price of my coins several times a day and this does not bother me much because I decided that I would hold for several years. However, my wife really does not like this decision. Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: