Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:50:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How often do you check crypto prices?  (Read 2290 times)
senin

Activity: 938
Merit: 137

View Profile
August 16, 2019, 04:03:05 PM

I look at the price of bitcoin and ethereum to determine the general condition of the cryptocurrency market, mainly in the morning and evening. First of all, it is necessary to work on this forum. Moreover, I also write down the price in a paper version, so that sometimes I sometimes use these records to assess market movement.
I do not check  the price of my coins and tokens during a period of market decline or periods of lack of growth at all. This is more necessary when prices rise and there is the opportunity to trade them.
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zuziekatee

Activity: 139
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 16, 2019, 08:21:19 PM

I do it daily ! But am not addictive to checking crypto price on my portfolio ! I have noticed it sometimes not okay especially for healthwise in times of massively dips , it can make one over think and frustrated ! So I check just daily .

[ IQ ] cash  ▐   THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
████████████ [ https://iq.cash ] ████████████
wxxyrqa

Activity: 1330
Merit: 121

Growth & Marketing | IEO | Bounty | Strat

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2019, 01:36:37 PM

I just recently decided to try using trading bots and those applications that notify me of price movements for all my assets.  But I still have a distrust of such programs and therefore I check almost everything that happens on exchanges almost three times a day.  In the morning, at lunch and in the evening, I always follow events from my smartphone.
aprilnot

Activity: 1204
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 17, 2019, 03:31:24 PM

not very often, but every day I definitely take the time to look at crypto prices and read the news. This is very important because otherwise I will never know the latest situation from the crypto market. You all know that the crypto market is rapidly changing, which is why I did this.

▀█████▄▀██▄▀█▄          H   E   L   E   N   A          ▀▄▀             501,652% APY             ▄█▀▄██▀▄█████▀
▄                    |          TWITTER          |        TELEGRAM        |          DISCORD          |                    ▄
▄        The Best in Space Auto-Compounding DeFi 3.0 Protocol on BSC        ▄
buyasicru

Activity: 658
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 17, 2019, 04:31:29 PM

>5 per day... i have an addiction... cmc in my favorites since 2013
breathlessz

Activity: 770
Merit: 12

Trphy.io

View Profile
August 17, 2019, 04:55:53 PM

not very often, but every day I definitely take the time to look at crypto prices and read the news. This is very important because otherwise I will never know the latest situation from the crypto market. You all know that the crypto market is rapidly changing, which is why I did this.
for long-term investment, I don't think it often sees a good market for psychological health. with great volatility, sometimes quick price changes can change our decisions, and this must be avoided so that we stay focused on the target. different from scalping trading, where we must know the price changes at any time

Bossfidelity
Copper Member

Activity: 350
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 17, 2019, 05:04:29 PM

I check my portfolio anytime am opportune to open the block folio app. The Cryptocurrency industry is obviously very volatile and volatility Could be favourable or unfavourable depending on the movement of the price and the coin one is holding. I believe one has to be watchful of the market to make the best out of it.
Anonylz

Activity: 2562
Merit: 577

View Profile
August 17, 2019, 05:07:01 PM

When the market was very active like back in 2017, i use to check the price every few minutes because by then btc was always hitting new target and it was fun to see new price any time you check, but now i rarely check price that way, just only once in a few days to keep me updated, what is the point of checking price every few minutes or hours when there is no significant movement in price especially in alts Smiley

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
                           Twitter       Telegram      Medium      YouTube      Discord        TikTok         GitHub               
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 17, 2019, 06:10:20 PM
Last edit: August 17, 2019, 09:53:06 PM by PuertoLibre

When the market was very active like back in 2017, i use to check the price every few minutes because by then btc was always hitting new target and it was fun to see new price any time you check, but now i rarely check price that way, just only once in a few days to keep me updated, what is the point of checking price every few minutes or hours when there is no significant movement in price especially in alts Smiley
You marked an important point, the reason behind checking the crypto price apps creates more dependence on the single market movement. Checking market prices in a week covers the needs of the long term traders and investors. Daily updated prices don't have any big impact over the portfolio of the long term investors.

I check my portfolio anytime am opportune to open the block folio app. The Cryptocurrency industry is obviously very volatile and volatility Could be favourable or unfavourable depending on the movement of the price and the coin one is holding. I believe one has to be watchful of the market to make the best out of it.
Watching every market operations makes me stressful. The premium version of both Blockfolio and Delta apps don't worth to pay IMO. I don't need to link my public Ethereum address in order to check the prices of the token holdings.
globalking
Copper Member

Activity: 644
Merit: 0

POINTPAY

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2019, 03:06:08 AM

I check the prices on a daily basis and believe me it gives me a lot of stress but this a has become part a life so you have to live with it.

🏦 PointPay 🏦 - Welcome to the future of the BLOCKCHAIN-BASED BANKING
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ROUND 1 LIVE   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
ANN    Whitepaper    Ecosystem    Medium    Twitter    Telegram    Facebook
Jannyh
Copper Member

Activity: 994
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2019, 06:13:45 AM

I really do not have much holding in altcoin, so daily I check the prices of bitcoin and ethereum that's where my holding is, I could possibly check in the morning and at night and when there is a little increase in price it gives joy unlike when there is price reduction.

leader2704

Activity: 238
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2019, 06:34:10 AM

My bro just said I'm getting addicted to my Portfolio app, and I think he is right. I usually check crypto prices at least three times a day. I know it's not very healthy checking crypto prices these days, but bitcoin specifically has been doing well.

When I'm about investing in a new project I believe in, I usually monitor the price for a couple of days. There are those moments when you believe in the team behind a project and appreciate their methods of communication, but the price of the token could be even more appealing. A crypto enthusiast once said, "It is far better to buy a wonderful crypto at a fair price, than a fair crypto at a wonderful price." Since it involves money; no one would want to throw funds away. You'd definitely want the accumulate a wonderful crypto at a fair price!

When you monitor cryptos for a long time you realize that sometimes as quickly as it goes up, it can also go down just as quick. That is one of the perks of being observant. You know when to jump in and when to pull out. Don't forget the French/ English proverb; a stitch in time saves nine.

PS: If you have high blood pressure, I'd say you should avoid checking the price of altcoins regularly. Every time I check the price of some Alts, they're down another 5%. Such dumps on Alts could trigger up the blood pressure.

What about you, how often do you check crypto prices?

I am a holder so I usually check my alts once in 3 days, especially these day when bitcoin is in its massive bull run, I would rather spend my time to learn more about the project I invested than checking my portfolio usually. If you are not day trader, I think you should not check your balance too usual these days, it can make you more stressful
Globen
Copper Member

Activity: 138
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2019, 12:42:32 PM

My portfolio is actually empty aside some little amount of Bitcoin and ethereum I hold, so I really do not check frequently the price of tokens but no day passes without me wanting to know the actual price of Bitcoin and Ethereum. whenever there is price rise,  it gladens the heart.

✦ ✕     stableDEX.io     |||[    IEO is live on ExMarkets    ]    ✕ ✦
━ ━━ ━━━  100% Decentralized, Secure & Cost Effective  ━━━ ━━ ━
imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
August 18, 2019, 12:57:48 PM

My portfolio is actually empty aside some little amount of Bitcoin and ethereum I hold,
You cant call it empty if it still have some coins remaing .

so I really do not check frequently
Big or small investments does not matter . you can still check the price more often if you really wanted to get the best out of your assets   

whenever there is price rise,  it gladens the heart.
I feel you bro  .  i do also feel the same but i feel sad when the value start to decline but other will still happy because they have also waited for that moment .
d_fitrie

Activity: 589
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2019, 01:12:06 PM

Very often, I check portfolios more than ten times a day because having an altcoin from a bounty that has not been distributed, it is necessary to analyse the new altcoin before deciding to sell later
alt-fire

Activity: 602
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2019, 02:06:08 PM

I cheked the crypto prices every day. Why I do so? Because this investments is all my funds all of this investments I'm earned from a free  sharing in social media about some  projects. A lot of my projects which I participate is a young projects so they can make fast money and I can be rich fast but another side of this model of Investments is that what I can lose with the same speed how I can earn.
Pecunia non olet

Activity: 882
Merit: 102

PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds

View Profile
August 18, 2019, 02:11:13 PM

I have application in my mobile phone - Bitunivers and it alerts me when the price changes. But I do not care about this small moves, I believe in a bright future.  Cool

Kezacky

Activity: 743
Merit: 10

https://www.epsiloan.xyz

View Profile
August 18, 2019, 02:34:03 PM

every time I always check the condition of this market and occasionally trade with my portfolio. if not we certainly will never know what you will do next time, since the market is in bad condition you must always monitor your portfolio.

jazmuzika217

Activity: 476
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 18, 2019, 02:51:35 PM

Honestly everytime I open my internent there are something feeling to push me to check the crypto price maybe the reason behind that is the desire to earn more because like other crypto holder I am hoping for the price increase or a possible bullrun that all of us will want to happened to recover all what we loss.
LogitechMouse
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1036

Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2019, 02:53:17 PM

I think if I will count it on average, around 6-10 times daily Cheesy.

I'm not a trader but I have the hobby to check the price when I wake up before reading a book. It also help me to be emotionless when prices of the coins that I hold goes down.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██