Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 10:03:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you Find Cats annoying? (Almost killed mine)  (Read 16104 times)
cosmofly (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

PrimeDAO - An Adoption Engine for Open Finance

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 10:13:36 AM

I don't like cats. I like dogs. I'm planning to buy a tibetan mastiff.  Smiley

Glad you hate cats, did u own one before?

backtrackit

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 10:19:48 AM

I like most cats.
I do not like most people.

OP, you are not a cat person. Fine. But there is never a valid excuse for abuse.

I never abused my cat, I almost drowned it in water but that's it.

I also felt bad later so I dumped the cat outside a pet store for free the next day

lol I don't care what you did or do, but you clearly did abuse your cat haha. Good on you for giving it away though, I know there people out there what would have just binned it Sad.

stonerdyke

Activity: 105

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 10:40:10 AM

Once i was petting it on my lap and it attacked me and scratched me real bad for no reason (i started to bleed), i got so pissed i flung it across the room and it crash landed on the side of the fridge and into the floor it started to run away i chased it into the toilet, closed the door picked up the shower head, turn the tap full power and sprayed the cat with water, it kept running around the toilet screaming but i didn't stop spraying it with water until the cat stopped moving Cheesy

Wtf, you actual dick. You shouldnt fucking own pets if you think it's okay to throw an animal thats probably not even 1/20 the size of you across a room. That animal depends on you to survive, your it's carer, you wouldn't fling a child across a room just because it hit you in the face would you? The cat probably had got sick of the petting and you weren't observing its body movements telling you to stop so it attacked you.

I now have an awesome dog, German shep. Dogs are sooo much better, My Girlfriend loves my Shep and she takes him for walks every other day, you can never do that with a cat!

No you can't take a cat for a walk or teach it as many tricks as a dog but why is that a reason to hate them? Most other pets you can get also don't do tricks or fuck all. People like you have no fucking respect for cats and thats why there's so many stories in the news of people killing cats by throwing them to hungry dogs or microwaving them (just 2 stories in the UK news recently). Also I'm not suggesting to the OP your like those sicko cat killer, but it just makes me sick thinking about how some people mistreat animals.

Lol I'm the dick when I'm the one who was attacked and was BLEEDING.

Look at that article butterzone posted, the guy kicked the cat across the room for self defence. No one accused him of abuse.

There is a reason ppl hate cats, its because of their stupidity and lack of loyalty, they keep attacking the owner and hurting u trying to trip u etc. Ud think they r fairly intelligent as they do a lot of intelligent stuff as much as a dog. But when it comes to loyalty they r willing to kill u.

My Shep is ready to die for me and I can command him to attack an aggressor, see the difference?

So fuck if you were bleeding? It doesn't hurt that much, im covered in cuts from my cat but I never once retaliated and done something back to her, you must have something seriously wrong with you if you cant control yourself lashing out at a poor little cat.

And I don't care what that article says, you were not defending yourself against a killer animal, it was a cat that scratched you and you massively over reacted to the point you wanted to cause it pain. Cmon man whats you most damage a cat could really do to you? Sure I guess it could possibly blind you if it were to cut your eye but other than that they aren't that fucking harmful. A dog on the other hand could tear you apart and kill you in seconds.

So when a cat is walking round your legs just wanting a bit of attention, you think it's actually got an ulterior motive and wants cause you physical harm? Lol, wow you need to sort your head out dude.

I personally think cats are clever enough not to listen to our bullshit.

I like most cats.

OP, you are not a cat person. Fine. But there is never a valid excuse for abuse.

+1 Thank you Four Rings
Paya

Activity: 334
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 10:51:26 AM

Average domestic cats are not annoying, they are simply... wild. Just a downscaled versions of tiger or lion. If they were bigger there would be a lot casualties among the owners.
cosmofly (OP)

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 11:11:51 AM

Once i was petting it on my lap and it attacked me and scratched me real bad for no reason (i started to bleed), i got so pissed i flung it across the room and it crash landed on the side of the fridge and into the floor it started to run away i chased it into the toilet, closed the door picked up the shower head, turn the tap full power and sprayed the cat with water, it kept running around the toilet screaming but i didn't stop spraying it with water until the cat stopped moving Cheesy

Wtf, you actual dick. You shouldnt fucking own pets if you think it's okay to throw an animal thats probably not even 1/20 the size of you across a room. That animal depends on you to survive, your it's carer, you wouldn't fling a child across a room just because it hit you in the face would you? The cat probably had got sick of the petting and you weren't observing its body movements telling you to stop so it attacked you.

I now have an awesome dog, German shep. Dogs are sooo much better, My Girlfriend loves my Shep and she takes him for walks every other day, you can never do that with a cat!

No you can't take a cat for a walk or teach it as many tricks as a dog but why is that a reason to hate them? Most other pets you can get also don't do tricks or fuck all. People like you have no fucking respect for cats and thats why there's so many stories in the news of people killing cats by throwing them to hungry dogs or microwaving them (just 2 stories in the UK news recently). Also I'm not suggesting to the OP your like those sicko cat killer, but it just makes me sick thinking about how some people mistreat animals.

Look at that article butterzone posted, the guy kicked the cat across the room for self defence. No one accused him of abuse.

There is a reason ppl hate cats, its because of their stupidity and lack of loyalty, they keep attacking the owner and hurting u trying to trip u etc. Ud think they r fairly intelligent as they do a lot of intelligent stuff as much as a dog. But when it comes to loyalty they r willing to kill u.

My Shep is ready to die for me and I can command him to attack an aggressor, see the difference?

So fuck if you were bleeding? It doesn't hurt that much, im covered in cuts from my cat but I never once retaliated and done something back to her, you must have something seriously wrong with you if you cant control yourself lashing out at a poor little cat.

And I don't care what that article says, you were not defending yourself against a killer animal, it was a cat that scratched you and you massively over reacted to the point you wanted to cause it pain. Cmon man whats you most damage a cat could really do to you? Sure I guess it could possibly blind you if it were to cut your eye but other than that they aren't that fucking harmful. A dog on the other hand could tear you apart and kill you in seconds.

So when a cat is walking round your legs just wanting a bit of attention, you think it's actually got an ulterior motive and wants cause you physical harm? Lol, wow you need to sort your head out dude.

I like most cats.

+1 Thank you Four Rings

fair enough u like cats np

but can u please point out where i abused the cat ? I never abused it or caused harm to it, It didn't die, it was struggling to move for a while but then it was running around a few hours later like nothing happened. As i said before, i also put it in a shoe box and dumped it outside a petstore the next day.

backtrackit

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 11:13:39 AM

I like most cats.

+1 Thank you Four Rings

fair enough u like cats np

but can u please point out where i abused the cat ? I never abused it or caused harm to it, It didn't die, it was struggling to move for a while but then it was running around a few hours later. As i said before, i also put it in a shoe box and dumped it outside a petstore the next day.

Just because it did not die does not mean it wasn't abused lol can't be for real must be trolling hahaha

FalconFly

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Sentinel

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 11:24:35 AM
Last edit: March 16, 2014, 11:47:50 AM by FalconFly

I used to have a cat many years ago, however its constant demand for food, the fact it kept going under my feet almost tripping me and killing me a couple of times and its general low intelligence annoyed me so much.

Once i was petting it on my lap and it attacked me and scratched me real bad for no reason (i started to bleed), i got so pissed i flung it across the room and it crash landed on the side of the fridge and into the floor it started to run away i chased it into the toilet, closed the door picked up the shower head, turn the tap full power and sprayed the cat with water, it kept running around the toilet screaming but i didn't stop spraying it with water until the cat stopped moving  Cheesy

That day i decided that i'm not a cat person and its probably best that i never own cats ever.

anyone else agree and have similar experiences ?

Cats like all other animals communicate with their owners.
The key point is to understand its communications (verbal , eye contact and body language). It's about the same with dogs, but a cat's signals are generally much more subtle and require attention to detail.
Plus, a cat doesn't really have "an owner" like a dog (the Alpha) - caretaker is more appropriate and everyone getting a cat into the house should know that Wink

If you misunderstand or ignore the communications, nothing bad will happen at first. The cat will clearly signal how it is doing.
Persistently ignoring the clear signals, however, can eventually end up in the animal breaking its way. If you attempt to force someting onto a cat, it will eventually respond with a similar reaction.

As opposed to obidient dogs, cats have a mind of their own - and they'll enforce that. They don't like or accept oppression and never look for or need an Alpha like a dog (this is often misinterpreted as "lack of loyality").

Although cats can do very stupid things (so do dogs), they're very cool animals.
But generally, unlike i.e. dogs they're animals that people can't simply pick up when they want/need it and stuff/command them away when they're done. Doesn't work that way.

IMHO when something goes unexpected or wrong between human and animal, 99% of the time it's the lack of attention or care of the human. Most of it comes from communcation failure and complete lack of situational awareness.
Understanding its language and respecting its needs (it's not a toy !) yields the best results. Then you'll find out they aren't nearly as dimwitted as many would think, but of course they're still animals.
Plus, sometimes I think the animals are smarter, more kind and generally better behaving than alot of humans. Usually I find animals are much more honest.
The sad truth is, alot of humans just aren't fit to have an animal companion for various reasons.

PS.
Above "rules of the road" basically apply to all animals. Learn the rules and you'll even get along with wild/free-living animals in nature with surprising results.

This forum signature is like its owner - it can't be bought
GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 01:41:53 PM

Cats can be really annoying i agree, its just the way they are and it depends on the cat. Cats are very susceptible to being abused due to their annoying behavior, my advise is if you feel Cats annoy you them simply don't get one.

Ive seen cats who are v calm, loyal and really dont bother anyone. I love cats but haven't owned one in a long time, i try to help stray cats when i can.

postingthatsmypurpose

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 07:16:59 PM

Wow you got such an experience with cat huh. Im not a pet person, but if I got a husky,then things might be different. And see, we dont have any kind of cat to be desired,while there're a bunch of kinds of dogs that people wanted,like husky,or sherman
lobbes

Activity: 240
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 07:28:24 PM

The Cat vs Dog debate is silly. It's like comparing tomatoes and apples. If you try to make a pizza with applesauce, you're going to have a bad time.

Remember remember the 5th of November
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011

Reverse engineer from time to time

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 07:30:56 PM

The Cat vs Dog debate is silly. It's like comparing tomatoes and apples. If you try to make a pizza with applesauce, you're going to have a bad time.
I thought it was tomatoes vs cucumbers.

BTC:1AiCRMxgf1ptVQwx6hDuKMu4f7F27QmJC2
EvilPanda

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Small Red and Bad

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 10:13:46 PM

I prefer dogs myself, cats tend to run away, while you can easily teach dog to walk by your side. Also cats can be really destructive in the house, they love to jump on things, bite cables and stuff.
As for the scratching, a lot of people clip their nails, you can do that with both cats and dogs, you should try this!

Malin Keshar

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 11:37:50 PM

cats are cute, if you don't have to live with them. Almost like kids.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 11:57:32 PM

cats are cute, if you don't have to live with them. Almost like kids.

Other people's cats/kittens are the best.
If you start with a kitten and treat it well, then you can have a very nice pet.

freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 01:37:41 AM

Overkilled the CAT but I can say hope the Dog works out better for you

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 02:09:46 AM

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 03:45:37 AM

Small pools of apple sauce on a chicken BBQ pizza........yummy!   Cheesy

cosmofly (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 10:12:12 AM

Overkilled the CAT but I can say hope the Dog works out better for you

lol i didn't kill the cat, i was pissed off enough to probably set it on fire and watch it burn with a smile but i didn't.

Emill

Activity: 63

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 02:39:32 PM

I like all pets ,goldfish not included because they dont seem to talk much  Smiley
CrackedLogic
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 03:00:30 PM

Dogs > Cats

Dogecoin > Catcoin

Shocked BUY GAMESWITHBTCITCOINFORDISCOUNTEDPRICES Shocked
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: