Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 05:20:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Differences between an investor and common man!  (Read 3835 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
mersal (OP)

Activity: 1204
Merit: 38

View Profile
August 09, 2019, 06:31:19 PM

What are the things differ from mindset of common man with investor,please share your thoughts.

IMO,investors never want to take loans for their consumption like home loan,car loan,etc then just save money and will buy the things for their needs but common man like you and me will buy the things immediately when we get the desire of it using loans but we are paying 20% of interest to those kind of loans.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gantez

Activity: 1736
Merit: 121

View Profile
August 09, 2019, 07:42:58 PM

Is common man the best to use or non investor  Huh Grin

IMO,investors never want to take loans for their consumption like home loan,car loan,etc then just save money and will buy the things for their needs but common man like you and me will buy the things immediately when we get the desire of it using loans but we are paying 20% of interest to those kind of loans.

The scenario you gave for a "common man" as you pit it is not to be general saying because, some people who are not investors are also careful in their spending and not using loans for frivolous things.
Oilacris

Activity: 3010
Merit: 613

View Profile
August 09, 2019, 07:52:14 PM

What are the things differ from mindset of common man with investor,please share your thoughts.

This do pertain when it comes on purchasing things yet there were investors that do took loans to make investment too.The difference is that they do have investments that they can rely on to pay up those debts or loans rather than to those people who do took loan without any assurance of side income for them to get for them to repay.Also investors are aware of risk-earning potential of businesses so that's why they do know how to handle up their finances as well.
mersal (OP)

Activity: 1204
Merit: 38

View Profile
August 09, 2019, 07:59:30 PM

Is common man the best to use or non investor  Huh Grin

The scenario you gave for a "common man" as you pit it is not to be general saying because, some people who are not investors are also careful in their spending and not using loans for frivolous things.
Common man also do investments that is why I don't want to mention non investors.

I'm here to talk about what most people do not for the very few who were cautious about what they were doing.

Most get into loan traps and end their life as being poor.
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
August 10, 2019, 12:21:23 AM

Most get into loan traps and end their life as being poor.
That's the sad reality. Common joes aim to book large gains very quickly and therefore discard the risks involved, which is very stupid. They don't think about paying back their debt, that comes after they lost it all.

I'm not really keen on financial institutions preventing people from investing in crypto with credit, because they should also prevent them from legacy forex brokers, but at least people are protected against themselves now.

People could withdraw their credit through an ATM and then deposit the money on their bank account and then wire it to an exchange, but I'm quite sure that these people aren't that clever to think of this themselves.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
August 10, 2019, 01:37:23 AM

Not all of those common man will do that.

They might not be an investor but most of the people do know what they are doing. I don't take loans since I know that that will just be a nuisance to me. Instead of doing that, I plan ahead, I save some extra money I don't usually use so if there is an emergency, I can use that saved money.
CryptopreneurBrainboss
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 4150

eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2019, 10:22:53 AM

I also disagree with your statement, in my opinion the major difference has to do with their money mindset. What they consider to be assets and liabilities. While an investor is all about making the profit, a common man or non investor (to be precise) is just about surviving. He doesn't care about investing his money for profits, all he's concerned about is how to put food on his table, survive the next day and life continues.

Using method of talking a loan to differentiate between them isn't that appropriate as they both can take loan for self satisfaction although the investors will only apply for that loan because he needs it while the common man will do the same but because he wants it.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
samputin

Activity: 1036
Merit: 294

View Profile
August 10, 2019, 10:44:29 AM

Th difference? Very simple, the investor is business minded while the other one is not. The edge of an investor is that he let's his money (capital) run and work on its own to gain profits. On the other hand, ordinary people chase the money instead, they work and work for a living. To sum up, an investor saves time and effort while earning from good to huge amount of money while the other one just have an isolated amount of money depending on hthe salary that his profession can offer, plus, he is more fatigued.

So if you are currently having a stable job, don't feel confident because getting older is inevitable. Invest some of your savings and make it grow Smiley.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
sunsilk

Activity: 2898
Merit: 620

View Profile
August 10, 2019, 11:04:00 AM

A common man that doesn't have intensive knowledge about investing will look into it as something risky. This is the problem of most common people that are not open with investing. They don't want to take risk and that's why they stay where they are and happy with their comfort zone.

An investor is saving money to invest while common people save money to save.

Vispilio
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1610

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2019, 01:16:28 PM
Merited by Lanatsa (1)

Investing mentality has a focus on wealth accumulation, utilizing factors like passive income and compounding interest.

The majority of market participants look for short term gains, and if their outlook is not immediately realized, get quickly upset and make irrational decisions.

Minimizing emotional instability and making mathematically sound decisions is the first rule to become a strong trader and investor.

sarmrakib

Activity: 1292
Merit: 101

Vave.com

View Profile
August 10, 2019, 03:13:39 PM

I think Investor always try to put his capital and earn a lot on the other hand a common people always frustrated if he make loss after investing his capital. However you need to have experienced before invest otherwise you will see loss always .An investor always learn on the basis of project or business where he plan to invest .A common people make his money idle and one time he just lost his money survive .Everyone need to be a investor to rise yourself .

Lanatsa

Activity: 2814
Merit: 648

View Profile
August 10, 2019, 03:49:05 PM

Investing mentality has a focus on wealth accumulation, utilizing factors like passive income and compounding interest.

The majority of market participants look for short term gains, and if their outlook is not immediately realized, get quickly upset and make irrational decisions.

Minimizing emotional instability and making mathematically sound decisions is the first rule to become a strong trader and investor.
The thing you said was right,it do really differs with peoples mindset on how they do make themselves profit in such possible ways.Investors mind will always look up for ways on accumulation and methods that would increase its holding even more not only on recent or current profiting but also they do target out for leverage too.

Emotion does plays a big factor with these investing field yet anytime it can mess out your entire plans.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Vispilio
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1610

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2019, 05:24:34 PM
Last edit: August 10, 2019, 05:38:01 PM by Vispilio

The thing you said was right,it do really differs with peoples mindset on how they do make themselves profit in such possible ways.Investors mind will always look up for ways on accumulation and methods that would increase its holding even more not only on recent or current profiting but also they do target out for leverage too.

Emotion does plays a big factor with these investing field yet anytime it can mess out your entire plans.

Thanks, and you raise a great point as well. Equity management is a huge factor influencing profitability.

As important as controlling risk, it can be argued it's also vital to move in & capitalize your full resources when you see a strong opportunity,
including using leverage where a highly attractive reward to risk ratio would justify it...

coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1103

View Profile
August 10, 2019, 06:48:55 PM

I wouldn't divide people into normal and investors based on their loan taking hbits. Not taking a loan if you can avoid it is like a rule of thumb for most smart people. It's the same when it comes to saving up. You do it when you can and you learn to recycle things you're not using. Most smart and wealthy people that I know wake up early, don't work for someone else but for themselves, never allow for expensive things to lay around. When they are no longer using something they sell it. They don't waste stuff and always look for the best deals. They research stuff before doing it.

I'll give you an example of one of my rich neighbours. When he was building a house he didn't do anything and hired people for even the smallest jobs, but a day or 2 before they were supposed to come and install something, pour concrete, whatever, he studied the process, had plans ready, supervised everything. He could go read a newspaper while the workers do their thing, but he kept on standing there and watching to make sure it's all as it should be. Always be like that guy.

veleten
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1106

View Profile
August 10, 2019, 06:56:48 PM

you have to differentiate between investing in some business and to invest into a commodity or asset and living on interest
these are two different types of investments IMHO , also investors do take loans to reinvest , this is why there are so many bankrupcies around
I never take a loan , especially seeing that the interest I have to pay is simply outrageous
same with investing money , only risk what you can lose , do not go all in and wait for a miracle
I know people who tried to commit a suicide after losing their life savings with rogue "investment" funds , do not repeat their mistakes
expect to lose your money , treat the funds that you invested as lost - this way even if the worst happens you will be prepared

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
.WINDICE.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
      ▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
     ▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
                   ▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
iePlay NoweiI
I
I
I
[/t
MonsterV
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
August 11, 2019, 05:30:36 AM

Judging from the definition alone it has actually been seen that ordinary people are people who do not understand about investment, risk, opportunities while investors are people who have understood it all. So investors can think more critically about what they will do, investors usually will not take unprofitable decisions in the future. I think that is a simple difference.

Th difference? Very simple, the investor is business minded while the other one is not. The edge of an investor is that he let's his money (capital) run and work on its own to gain profits. On the other hand, ordinary people chase the money instead, they work and work for a living. To sum up, an investor saves time and effort while earning from good to huge amount of money while the other one just have an isolated amount of money depending on hthe salary that his profession can offer, plus, he is more fatigued.

So if you are currently having a stable job, don't feel confident because getting older is inevitable. Invest some of your savings and make it grow Smiley.

Well I also agree with you that ordinary people will continue to work, work and work they don't think about the future and only think about what is needed now. Like the story in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_OHKzrdVVQ

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
     ▄▀█▀█ █████████████▄▄
   ▄██ █ █▄████████████████▄
  ██ █ ██▀█ █████████████████
 █▀█▄█▄▀█▄██▄█████████████████
██ █ ██ ██ ██▄▀████████████████
███▀█▀██ ███▀███▀██████████████
███▄██ ██▄▀██▄███▄█████████████
 ███▄▀██▀██▄▀██▄▀██▄▀▀████████
  █████▀█▄█▀█▄▀▀██▄▀▀██▄▄▀█▀█
   ▀████▄███▄█▀█▄▄▀▀▀█▄▄█▀█▀
     ▀▀████▄▀██▄▄█▀▀█▄▄▄▀▀
         ▀▀▀██▄▄███▀▀▀
......1xBit.com..BENEFIT ..SEASON........
       ▄▄███████████▄▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
  ▄██████████████████████▄
 █████████████████████████
██████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████████
        █    █▄   █
        ▀▀▄    ▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
           ▀▀▄    ▀▀▄▄█      ▄▀
              ▀▀▄     █▀▀▄▄  █
                 ▀▀▄  █   ▄█▀
                    ▀▀█▄▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
TrueColorsBby

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 11, 2019, 05:49:16 AM

The common man sacrifices the future for the moment.
      The investor sacrifices the moment for the future
fiulpro

Activity: 1862
Merit: 830

View Profile
August 11, 2019, 10:15:09 AM

An investor is not someone who just buys a lot of shares or cryptos , it's someone who actually takes into account everything that is going in the market and then makes an investment choice according to the time ...

Where as a common man may just hope for big money and do aimless gambling investments , they cannot be called investments since they don't calculate anything regarding it , they are gambling... hoping for the best.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
rdluffy
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1304

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2019, 10:39:27 AM

I think investor will take any opportunity to gain money with
Investors always try to get their money working to gain more money, with real passive income
Investors try to avoid waste of money with non essential stuff

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1103

View Profile
August 11, 2019, 12:42:43 PM

I'll give you an example of one of my rich neighbours. When he was building a house he didn't do anything and hired people for even the smallest jobs, but a day or 2 before they were supposed to come and install something, pour concrete, whatever, he studied the process, had plans ready, supervised everything. He could go read a newspaper while the workers do their thing, but he kept on standing there and watching to make sure it's all as it should be. Always be like that guy.
Supervising our work is important but if he keep supervising the building works for months then he is losing his valuable time which could be invested onto something productive,a smart man will hire one more guy to supervise all the things and invest his time into making more and more money.

On one hand, you are right, but on the other, you can never be too sure of our employees. Hiring someone to supervise the work will mean a wage for him and another employee to check and worry about. My neighbor is rich and retired, time is something he can spare. If you want something done right, do it yourself is one of my favourite quotes.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: