Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:18:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What if Ethereum replaces Bitcoin someday?  (Read 8177 times)
aioc

Activity: 2898
Merit: 567

View Profile
August 18, 2019, 11:31:12 AM

Ethereum, being the world's second largest cryptocurrency by market cap, has all the potential of replacing Bitcoin in the future. It's more than just a cryptocurrency, being a platform for the development and execution of smart contracts (aka dApps). With ETH, it's possible to launch alternative cryptocurrencies without the need to start a Blockchain from scratch. It's also possible to use the ETH blockchain for other purposes such as voting, proof of identity, verification of documents, and more. In contrast, Bitcoin's only use is for finance where it cannot be implemented in other areas by its own.

Given all of the benefits Ethereum provides on top of Bitcoin, it makes me wonder whenever it'll be able to replace the pioneer cryptocurrency within the future? As long as, Ethereum keeps progressing in development and mainstream acceptance, it'll be much closer to Bitcoin every step of the way. What are your thoughts? Huh

I don't have anything against Ethereum it is a coin that deserves it's potential in the market, but right now, if we do reality check I don't see Ethereum as a big threat to Bitcoin dominance, in fact, Bitcoin is enjoying big advantages on all the coins in the market and, the advantages are getting wide.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
breathlessz

Activity: 770
Merit: 12

Trphy.io

View Profile
August 18, 2019, 11:53:35 AM

Ethereum, being the world's second largest cryptocurrency by market cap, has all the potential of replacing Bitcoin in the future. It's more than just a cryptocurrency, being a platform for the development and execution of smart contracts (aka dApps). With ETH, it's possible to launch alternative cryptocurrencies without the need to start a Blockchain from scratch. It's also possible to use the ETH blockchain for other purposes such as voting, proof of identity, verification of documents, and more. In contrast, Bitcoin's only use is for finance where it cannot be implemented in other areas by its own.

Given all of the benefits Ethereum provides on top of Bitcoin, it makes me wonder whenever it'll be able to replace the pioneer cryptocurrency within the future? As long as, Ethereum keeps progressing in development and mainstream acceptance, it'll be much closer to Bitcoin every step of the way. What are your thoughts? Huh

Dapps is no longer a spectacular project, because now there are many Dapps projects that are better than ethereum.

if that's the only advantage of ethereum, I think it's very difficult to replace bitcoin. even if ethereum does not develop, they can be replaced by competitors. EOS, Cardano, Tron and staller every day continues to grow. and today ethereum still has difficulty coping with their problems.

so basically I don't think ethereum will replace bitcoin.
right, ethereum development is arguably not as expected, although it currently has liquidity number 2 after bitcoin, but it is far adrift for liquidity, while under ethereum there are many good altcoins, and its liquidity with ETH is not far. and I agree that ethereum is difficult to replace bitcoin, if there is no innovation

kalstarzz

Activity: 770
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2019, 02:03:35 PM

I am not sure that ethereum will be able to replace bitcoin, the fact is that just now it has answered that, ethereum is having difficulty balancing bitcoin. besides that many investors are turning to IEO and this also makes the progress of ethereum slowing down.
bangjoe

Activity: 1428
Merit: 688

View Profile
August 18, 2019, 02:48:01 PM

although ethereum continues to progress and development is getting better but it is still difficult for ethereum to replace bitcoin, bitcoin is superior in all aspects, in terms of community, volume and market dominance difficult for other altcoins including ethereum to replace the position of bitcoin, ethereum does have a capitalization the second largest market after bitcoin, but ethereum will only be able to accompany bitcoin and cannot possibly replace bitcoin

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Gridness
Copper Member

Activity: 358
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 18, 2019, 05:05:04 PM

No one of altcoin can "beat" the bitcoin, simple : bitcoin have a lot off user and most of transaction base on btc pair
sinta23

Activity: 668
Merit: 100

DogData

View Profile
August 18, 2019, 05:37:34 PM

I think that if Ethereum could do this, it would already do it.  He had a lot of time for this.  But since this did not happen, it will never happen.
Ethereum will not replace even the other crypto will not be able to replace because they are still altcoins that are in the cryptocurrency commodity now and the position of bitcoin is irreplaceable

genset88

Activity: 349
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 18, 2019, 05:57:25 PM

I think that can't happen. ETH is irreplaceable because BTC has been around for the first time, and the most widely used in e-commerce. Therefore, the BTC has a large community and dominance in the market. BTC is always at the top of the rankings that ETH cannot overcome.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
ub27

Activity: 559
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 18, 2019, 06:26:05 PM

Those things you have mentioned are fact but nothing beats bitcoin as the best store of value.
And for ethereum to be able to replace bitcoin someday it needs huge gain for its market cap but I doubt this is will ever happen. I'm an ethereum holder though.

Woow such a fancy dream, wish it would be a reality  but I doubt if that reality would ever be possible cos Bitcoin already have its root rooted deep while to me Ethereum is still trying to meet up but none the less it's still a good one
Bonwin

Activity: 798
Merit: 38

View Profile
August 18, 2019, 08:21:25 PM

Those things you have mentioned are fact but nothing beats bitcoin as the best store of value.
And for ethereum to be able to replace bitcoin someday it needs huge gain for its market cap but I doubt this is will ever happen. I'm an ethereum holder though.

Woow such a fancy dream, wish it would be a reality  but I doubt if that reality would ever be possible cos Bitcoin already have its root rooted deep while to me Ethereum is still trying to meet up but none the less it's still a good one

This ought to have been known long time ago. Had it been ethereum, being the second in rank is able to outrun bitcoin, then it would not have struggled with XRP like it did sometimes ago. It's competition would have been geared towards bitcoin, but as it is, my expectation is just for it to grow and not to think of replacing bitcoin.
Cryptoboss255

Activity: 175
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2019, 09:56:38 PM

Ethereum can never beat Bitcoin, Bitcoin is the giant of all altcoins. And will always be the best

✦ ✕     stableDEX.io     |||[    IEO is live on ExMarkets    ]    ✕ ✦
━ ━━ ━━━  100% Decentralized, Secure & Cost Effective  ━━━ ━━ ━[/center
Iykecollins
Copper Member

Activity: 376
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 18, 2019, 09:59:03 PM

Etherium will still remain etherium while bitcoin will continue to lead the blockchain technology by value and prominence. The recent dominance in bitcoin over altcoins is a clear indication that it has come to stay and have gained much relevance and attention. I doubt such possibility will ever exisit

wildflower18

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 18, 2019, 10:32:23 PM

Etherium will still remain etherium while bitcoin will continue to lead the blockchain technology by value and prominence. The recent dominance in bitcoin over altcoins is a clear indication that it has come to stay and have gained much relevance and attention. I doubt such possibility will ever exisit
I cannot see ethereum replaced bitcoin in the future. Both has really provide a great usage to the users and it has a different purpose as crypto. True bitcoin dominance is really existing and high and cannot replaces in the future.

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
█████▄    ███████▀    ▄████
███████    █████▀    ██████
███████     ███▀     ██████
███████ █    █▀ █    ██████
███████ ██     ██    ██████
███████ ███   ███    ██████
█████▀   ▀██ ███▀    ▀█████
█████▀               ▀█████
████▌                 ▐████
████       ██▄▄        ████
████       ██████      ████
████       ██▀▀        ████
████▌                 ▐████
█████▄               ▄█████
Saisher

Activity: 2296
Merit: 175

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
August 18, 2019, 10:46:37 PM

That someday could happen 10 years from now, and Ethereum should deal first with his closest competitor like Binance, Ethereum is not really the big threat, the big threat really is the bitcoin forks like Bitcoincash and other Bitcoin forks that coming in closer.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
Finestream

Activity: 3024
Merit: 604

View Profile
August 18, 2019, 11:25:45 PM

I cannot see ethereum replaced bitcoin in the future. Both has really provide a great usage to the users and it has a different purpose as crypto. True bitcoin dominance is really existing and high and cannot replaces in the future.
Bitcoin and ethereum are considered the most potential cryptos in the market but no one can deny bitcoin's advantage towards ethereum.It is still the most trusted by the crypto community and the best store of value for now.Although bitcoin dominated the crypto market today,but i still see little chances for ethereum to replace bitcoin in the future.

Polar91

Activity: 1120
Merit: 553

Filipino Translator 🇵🇭

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2019, 11:46:10 PM

Yet it's possible in as Ethereum supported a lot successful of altcoins/tokens. If more traders and investors use ETH market more than BTC market, we can expect the ETH to replace BTC in largest marketcap. Another potential factor that will make it happen, is its development. We all know that its founder Vitalik is still active until now, reachable through social media. With his influence, more investors may go for ETH.
Distinctin

Activity: 2800
Merit: 646

No dream is too big and no dreamer is too small

View Profile
August 19, 2019, 06:41:37 AM

It will be possible. Both are formulated as anonymous transactions but they have different blockchain system.
Anonymous only because it's just a wallet transaction that can be seen in the blockchain but I don't call it anonymous because trading platforms nowadays are already requiring us some KYC and once it's in the blockchain, transactions are already traceable, and we also have some experts in the space to do that.

But if we weigh the potentials between the two, eth has a lot to offer
Everyone would agree with that.

and can stand up to beat bitcoin.
But this one, I think majority would not agree because majority of the investors are prioritizing BTC in their portfolio then just diverse to alts.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Nobita7999

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2019, 07:09:17 AM

For everyone, bitcoin is the king of coins! It greatly affects the whole market.
Nobita7999

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2019, 07:15:47 AM

It will be possible. Both are formulated as anonymous transactions but they have different blockchain system.
Anonymous only because it's just a wallet transaction that can be seen in the blockchain but I don't call it anonymous because trading platforms nowadays are already requiring us some KYC and once it's in the blockchain, transactions are already traceable, and we also have some experts in the space to do that.

But if we weigh the potentials between the two, eth has a lot to offer
Everyone would agree with that.

and can stand up to beat bitcoin.
But this one, I think majority would not agree because majority of the investors are prioritizing BTC in their portfolio then just diverse to alts.
I agree with you. After the ups and downs, bitcoin always proved to be the coin king. That proved to show everyone's trust about it.
setialovers

Activity: 812
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 19, 2019, 08:43:40 AM

if I personally think that ethereum will also find it difficult to replace bitcoin, because now the price of bitcoin has also been seen and the value is also further than the ethereum price, so I am not sure the ethereum price can exceed the price of bitcoin.

Agree, it's hard to imagine ethereum replacing bitcoin as king in the cryptocurrency market. Ethereum is currently starting many competitors such as EOS, BNB Coin or Cardano. Until now, investors have more confidence in bitcoin and this is evidenced by the increasing dominance of bitcoin
letyouearn
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 20, 2019, 03:41:49 PM

Ethereum will never replace Bitcoin I think, these projects are too different. Bitcoin is like crypto gold now and people are treating it like gold when thinking about investing here. Ethereum is like USD I think - many other currencies are working on it.

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
..CPLAY - IDO.████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L 
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: