Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 03:27:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What if Ethereum replaces Bitcoin someday?  (Read 8177 times)
odukoyaewatomi27

Activity: 536
Merit: 15

View Profile
August 28, 2019, 10:11:12 PM

All things considered, its odds to happen is low in spite of the fact that I don't expel the potential outcomes that it can occur later on.

As far as innovation, Ethereum has a superior innovation contrast with Bitcoin. As far as tx speed and fees, ETH is exceeding expectations on that part yet as far as market top Bitcoin is on top. They are great coins in various parts. I'm holding them two and they are making a larger percentage of my portfolio

●          ◯        M O N O P O L Y   M I L L I O N A I R E        ◯          ●
████ ███ ██ █        Diversified Gaming Platform Covering Staking, NFT and Metaverse Games        █ ██ ███ ████
Facebook     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     LinkedIn     |     Github     |     Discord     |     Medium     |     Reddit
adekogbe

Activity: 854
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2019, 11:46:59 PM

These to top cryptographic forms of money have been considered as the coins with the most potential cryptos in the market as respects long haul Investments.

Anyway regardless I accept bitcoin has a major preferred position over ETH.

Bitcoin is as yet the most trusted by the crypto network and the best store of significant worth for the time being.

Bitcoin likewise has the largest market share of the cryptocurrency  market which will be extremely troublesome and practically unimaginable for ethereum to topple

Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1363

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
September 05, 2019, 04:49:47 PM

All things considered, its odds to happen is low in spite of the fact that I don't expel the potential outcomes that it can occur later on.

As far as innovation, Ethereum has a superior innovation contrast with Bitcoin. As far as tx speed and fees, ETH is exceeding expectations on that part yet as far as market top Bitcoin is on top. They are great coins in various parts. I'm holding them two and they are making a larger percentage of my portfolio

As you've said earlier, we have to consider everything in the crypto space. This is especially when crypto is known to act in strange and bizarre ways. We know that every cryptocurrency being traded on the market is volatile both in price, and in mainstream adoption. One day, Ethereum seems to be highly prominent in the market while the next day is the contrary. In the future, there's a possibility that Ethereum will replace Bitcoin if it continues to improve its network and expands its user base. Even so, it would need to obtain greater adoption within the mainstream world to be able to overcome Bitcoin anytime soon.

If Ethereum doesn't replace Bitcoin, then it shouldn't matter since crypto land has been doing fine with the pioneer cryptocurrency on top of everything. Bitcoin has been trusted by many people for a long time, with a proven track record of development and innovation. While Ethereum has an advantage over Bitcoin in terms of scalability, it's not as secure and resilient as the pioneer cryptocurrency. That's something to consider, if we're looking for censorship-resistant money. Within a couple of years from now, Bitcoin would've remained as the world's largest cryptocurrency by market cap followed by Ethereum and the likes.

Nonetheless, it'll be interesting to see how everything unfolds once ETH surpasses BTC in market cap. The whole crypto space will change drastically where altcoins will no longer depend on BTC as their reserve currency. With ETH on the lead, all the attention within the mainstream world will be on it. Just my opinion Smiley

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
voltesbit777

Activity: 910
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 05, 2019, 05:43:25 PM

Ethereum, being the world's second largest cryptocurrency by market cap, has all the potential of replacing Bitcoin in the future. It's more than just a cryptocurrency, being a platform for the development and execution of smart contracts (aka dApps). With ETH, it's possible to launch alternative cryptocurrencies without the need to start a Blockchain from scratch. It's also possible to use the ETH blockchain for other purposes such as voting, proof of identity, verification of documents, and more. In contrast, Bitcoin's only use is for finance where it cannot be implemented in other areas by its own.

Given all of the benefits Ethereum provides on top of Bitcoin, it makes me wonder whenever it'll be able to replace the pioneer cryptocurrency within the future? As long as, Ethereum keeps progressing in development and mainstream acceptance, it'll be much closer to Bitcoin every step of the way. What are your thoughts? Huh

If that happen, the price of Ethereum will surely massively kick its price value in the market.
Also this will be the new changes of our generation if ETHEREUM will become the King of crypto currency, and lucky to
those eth holder due to that ethreum price will bounce for sure in all exchange platform.
boltz
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 1192

View Profile
September 05, 2019, 06:11:44 PM

The amount of money needed for eth to overtake bitcoin is too big right now so I doubit it can happen now or in the future even with the new blockchain updates that will come in time. Bitcoin was meant to be number 1 since inception.

███▄▀██▄▄
░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
░▄░░███▀████
░▐█░░███░██▄▄
░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
░░▄██▌░░██▀
░▐█▀████ ▀██
░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄
░░▀███
▄▄██▀▄███
▄▄▄████▀▄████▄░░
▀▀█░░▄▄▄▄████░░
▐█▀▄▄█████████
████▀███░░▄░
▄▄██░███░░█▌░
█▀▄▄▄████░▀▄░░
█▌████▀███▄░█░
▄██▄▀███▄▄▀
▀██░░▐██▄░░
██▀████▀█▌░
▄██▀▀██████▐█░░
███▀░░
caffu chino

Activity: 532
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 05, 2019, 06:41:33 PM

it's hard for ethereum, eth won't be able to replace bitcoin. how can eth destroy the dominance of bitcoin which is so strong. at this time ethereum still had problems that they could not solve. if they want to compete, they must first solve the problem first.

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
asder250

Activity: 708
Merit: 103

Empowering crypto w/ sustainable energy

View Profile
September 05, 2019, 07:17:37 PM

We already had the possibility of flippening in the past, but this situation did not occur. We can´t predict what would happen and even if it happens, I believe that it will not last long. A lot of people know Bitcoin, but they do not know other cryptocurrencies until they do not do own studies.

jackblacksparrow

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

Erotic Industry on the Blockchain! RachelX

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2019, 07:30:28 PM

In theory, this could happen, but in reality, I think ETH can't outrun Bitcoin, not now or in the future - never

RachelX ✦ 
❝ THE REVOLUTION OF THE EROTIC INDUSTRY
WHITEPAPER ✤ ─────  FacebookTwitterInstagram ⋆  Telegram ⋆  YouTube ⋆  LinkedIn  ───── ✤ BUY RACH
mickey_miner

Activity: 910
Merit: 250

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
September 05, 2019, 07:41:09 PM

Ethereum, being the world's second largest cryptocurrency by market cap, has all the potential of replacing Bitcoin in the future. It's more than just a cryptocurrency, being a platform for the development and execution of smart contracts (aka dApps). With ETH, it's possible to launch alternative cryptocurrencies without the need to start a Blockchain from scratch. It's also possible to use the ETH blockchain for other purposes such as voting, proof of identity, verification of documents, and more. In contrast, Bitcoin's only use is for finance where it cannot be implemented in other areas by its own.

Given all of the benefits Ethereum provides on top of Bitcoin, it makes me wonder whenever it'll be able to replace the pioneer cryptocurrency within the future? As long as, Ethereum keeps progressing in development and mainstream acceptance, it'll be much closer to Bitcoin every step of the way. What are your thoughts? Huh
People are used to keeping big money in bitcoin and I doubt that anything will change. Therefore, all new investors will invest in bitcoin, because it is reliable. Therefore, I think that Ethereum will not be able to overtake bitcoin in price.

,gaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaag,
           ,aP8b    _,dYba,       ,adPb,_    d8Ya,
         ,aP"  Yb_,dP"   "Yba, ,adP"   "Yb,_dP  "Ya,
       ,aP"    _88"         )888(         "88_    "Ya,
     ,aP"   _,dP"Yb      ,adP"8"Yba,      dP"Yb,_   "Ya,
   ,aPYb _,dP8    Yb  ,adP"   8   "Yba,  dP    8Yb,_ dPYa,
 ,aP"  YdP" dP     YbdP"      8      "YbdP     Yb "YbP  "Ya,
I8aaaaaa8aaa8baaaaaa88aaaaaaaa8aaaaaaaa88aaaaaad8aaa8aaaaaa8I
`Yb,   d8a, Ya      d8b,      8      ,d8b      aP ,a8b   ,dP'
  "Yb,dP "Ya "8,   dI "Yb,    8    ,dP" Ib   ,8" aP" Yb,dP"
    "Y8,   "YaI8, ,8'   "Yb,  8  ,dP"   `8, ,8IaP"   ,8P"
      "Yb,   `"Y8ad'      "Yb,8,dP"      `ba8P"'   ,dP"
        "Yb,    `"8,        "Y8P"        ,8"'    ,dP"
          "Yb,    `8,         8         ,8'    ,dP"
            "Yb,   `Ya        8        aP'   ,dP"
              "Yb,   "8,      8      ,8"   ,dP"
                "Yb,  `8,     8     ,8'  ,dP" 
                  "Yb, `Ya    8    aP' ,dP"   
                    "Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "       

Free TON

PEER-TO-PEER MULTY-BLOCKCHAIN SYSTEM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬TON SURF - OFFICIAL WALLET.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
Jolly.Roger

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 05, 2019, 07:43:14 PM

In theory, this could happen, but in reality, I think ETH can't outrun Bitcoin, not now or in the future - never
Me it seems so impossible even in theory. The coins are totally different positioning, and prerequisites from ETH for the significant growth of capitalization yet.

⛊⛊⛊⛊⛊⛊  [ TRUSTEE ] MOБИЛЬHЫЙ MУЛЬTИBAЛЮTHЫЙ КPИПTO-КOШEЛEК  ⛊  XPAHEHИE/OБMEH/CASHBACK  ⛊⛊⛊⛊⛊⛊
https://trustee.deals/link/1MDZkOTA
Twinscoin2017

Activity: 1009
Merit: 328

View Profile
September 05, 2019, 08:35:12 PM

I think it will never gonna happen that ethereum will replace the bitcoin someday, ethereum is really different from the bitcoin, they have a different features so i believe that it will never gonna happen.
landoffaucets

Activity: 1204
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 05, 2019, 08:44:38 PM

This could happen only if institutional investors invest into Ethereum. But currently they are focused more on Bitcoin. Bitcoin ETFs, Bitcoin hedge funds like Bakkt or Fidelity.  Smiley
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1363

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
September 06, 2019, 07:44:57 PM

The amount of money needed for eth to overtake bitcoin is too big right now so I doubit it can happen now or in the future even with the new blockchain updates that will come in time. Bitcoin was meant to be number 1 since inception.

That's certainly true, mate. Right now, it seems nearly impossible for Ethereum to replace Bitcoin in terms of market cap. There is a huge gap between both cryptocurrencies' valuation. Ethereum would need to solve its scalability problems first if it wants to become the true contender of Bitcoin. Despite its many advanced features, it's very unlikely that it would become extremely valuable in the future because of the way it was designed. Unlike Bitcoin, Ethereum has a limitless supply with an ever-growing inflation rate per year. This makes it terrible as a store of value, making it harder to reach new ATHs in price.

Given the situation of both cryptocurrencies, I'd say that there's a possibility that Bitcoin will remain as the world's #1 cryptocurrency in market cap for a very long time. On the other hand, Ethereum will grow alongside Bitcoin as the second largest cryptocurrency on the market. For specific purposes, each cryptocurrency will be the preference among individuals worldwide. Where Bitcoin cannot fulfill certain tasks, Ethereum fills the gap. The same thing happens vice versa. We could say that Ethereum complements Bitcoin in every way. Rest assured that if somehow Ethereum manages to overcome Bitcoin in terms of market cap, crypto land will behave as usual. The only difference would be that most altcoins will depend on ETH as the reserve currency instead of BTC.

Nonetheless, crypto land behaves wildly at times where certain cryptocurrencies rise towards astronomical levels in price while other fall drastically within a short time frame. The fluctuations in valuation can either make Ethereum rise or fall in a matter of seconds. We've seen how XRP has surpassed ETH at times, where it has become the second largest cryptocurrency by market cap. But then, everything changes back to normal. The same thing might happen with both Bitcoin and Ethereum within the not-so-distant future. Just my thoughts Grin

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Coltpython

Activity: 700
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2019, 07:49:29 PM

No. It won't. I don't see it happening now or even in future.  Have you checked the market cap of Bitcoin? That alone dwarfs all altcoins put together. Not only that, the total supply of bitcoin is much lower than that of Ethereum, meaning scarcity will be higher for btc than eth which translates to btc having more value

jerrison

Activity: 1442
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2019, 07:59:44 PM

Ethereum has great prospects, though it may be gradually updating its 2.0 version but then it has proven beyond reasonable doubt that it has the potentials of appreciating in value and operations. To what magnitude of update and upgrade it can attain before fulfilling such target, we are yet to known but then it can if it get upscaled. In all of its features

bigcash2011

Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2019, 08:12:48 PM

I do not like to think that way, see every coin is unique and when we talk about the top 2 atleast im personally a fan of both and we have to accept the fact that they both have their own features and uniqueness which will keep them alive and both can survive in there own spots so we should look to accumulate both and not think the other way.

Starfranko

Activity: 672
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 06, 2019, 09:34:04 PM

I quite agree with you on this . Ethereum has all it takes to replace Bitcoin as the top crypto-currency in the near future but the promoters in my opinion have to do more if this dream of it displacing bitcoin from the top will see the light of the day
jerrison

Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2019, 09:41:41 PM

Very difficult to explain because you can see for yourself that Ethereum still sees the price chart on Bitcoin. If Bitcoin falls then Ethereum will follow the chart. But I cannot be certain what will happen in the future.

I sincerely do not see the possibility of that occurring. Let me ask, in what areas do you think ethereum can replace bitcoin. Because if we consider their functions, its quite different from each other. Bitcoin is strictly finance and Ethereum is more of a platform that other projects leverage on using he smart contract features iin it. That also advises on the price. Again the total supply and circulation of both coins don't match. The year on creation is another fact to consider. I don't see the possibility of a replacement but the can cohabit under the tech comfortably

dentolas

Activity: 854
Merit: 12

arcs-chain.com

View Profile
September 06, 2019, 10:00:44 PM

I think Ethereum and Bitcoin are way too different for things to be put so simply. I am also an Ethereum fan, but facts are facts and Bitcoin has the largest development team and the largest/strongest network, yes, it is a bit outdated, but as it aims to be a store of value, that is just what it needs to offer... Ethereum is more about blockchain being put into practical use... and wheter we like it or not, BTC is the closest to true "digital money"

► ARCS ◄ ♦ ARCS - The New World Token (*Listed on KuCoin) ♦ ► ARCS ◄
───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Whitepaper
Distinctin

Activity: 2814
Merit: 649

No dream is too big and no dreamer is too small

View Profile
September 06, 2019, 10:09:48 PM

I think Ethereum and Bitcoin are way too different for things to be put so simply. I am also an Ethereum fan, but facts are facts and Bitcoin has the largest development team and the largest/strongest network, yes, it is a bit outdated, but as it aims to be a store of value, that is just what it needs to offer... Ethereum is more about blockchain being put into practical use... and wheter we like it or not, BTC is the closest to true "digital money"
I agree with you, it's always the network of people is the reason why bitcoin is successful over any coins in the market.
The competition is only possible in the altcoins market because bitcoin alone can beat the entire altcoins with its dominance of 70%.

People may change their minds and will choose to invest in altcoins but in terms of consistency, it is still bitcoin which is the most heavily invested.
I witness the time when BTC dominance was down to 30% IIRC, and altcoins pump hard at that time, but look where they are now.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: