Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 03:03:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What if Ethereum replaces Bitcoin someday?  (Read 8177 times)
2Kool4Skewl

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2019, 05:14:33 PM

If we look at the current situation it is very unlikely Ethereum can replace bitcoin. From the popularity and price alone Ethereum has lagged far behind bitcoin.
So it took a very long time for Ethereum to be able to replace bitcoin.

By popularity, Ethereum is already very close to Bitcoin. I think that in the payment sector Ethereum is ahead of Bitcoin.

▄████████▄
                  ▄████████████████▄
             ▄██████████████████████████▄
      ▄███████████████████████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████████████████
     ███████████████████████████████████████████
      █████████████████████████████████████████
       ███████████████████████████████████████
        █████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████████████████████████████
          █████████████████████████████████
           ▀█████████████████████████████▀
             ▀█████████████████████████▀
               ▀█████████████████████▀
                 ▀█████████████████▀
                   ▀█████████████▀
                      ▀███████▀
TRUSTEE 
btcholder

Activity: 686
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 12, 2019, 05:28:08 PM

<snip>

What are your thoughts? Huh

Those point you gave really thoughtful but still i don't thing it's gonna happen. It's really ambition think that ETH replace bitcoin. In some points ETH really good than bitcoin but bitcoin is much popular than ETH. No matter what happen, bitcoin will always lead the market. May be somehow drop btc value but at the end bitcoin is the king in crypto currency and it'll be always (may be).

ezeobulu007

Activity: 83
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2019, 05:59:16 PM

There are somethings in life that aren't possible and Ethereum surpassing Bitcoins is one of them
Bitcoin+Fi

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

Erotic Industry on the Blockchain! RachelX

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2019, 06:14:45 PM

There are somethings in life that aren't possible and Ethereum surpassing Bitcoins is one of them
I support you, too, and I think that ETH will not be able to outpace Bitcoin in the future, although the ether is still a promising coin

RachelX ✦ 
❝ THE REVOLUTION OF THE EROTIC INDUSTRY
WHITEPAPER ✤ ─────  FacebookTwitterInstagram ⋆  Telegram ⋆  YouTube ⋆  LinkedIn  ───── ✤ BUY RACH
alt-fire

Activity: 602
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2019, 06:43:50 PM

Ethereum one day replace Bitcoin? Hard to imaginate it. But if it will hapens, it will be new age in cryptocurrency world. I want to see it because it will be something what never seen before.
Phonexy
Copper Member

Activity: 157
Merit: 0

Best solution for smart cities

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2019, 09:57:06 PM

You have pointed out so fact but then I can't agree with you. Ethereum is also popular but btc is more popular than ethereum. So many people feel comfortable with btc compare to ethereum. Secondly the gap between btc and ethereum is way too wide in teams of price. Ethereum may be half the price of btc but it can't beat btc.
Tahdayi

Activity: 350
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 18, 2019, 11:01:41 PM

If we look at the current situation it is very unlikely Ethereum can replace bitcoin. From the popularity and price alone Ethereum has lagged far behind bitcoin.
So it took a very long time for Ethereum to be able to replace bitcoin.

By popularity, Ethereum is already very close to Bitcoin. I think that in the payment sector Ethereum is ahead of Bitcoin.
Maybe he is on a par with bitcoin, but the fact that he will be ahead of bitcoin in this I doubt, bitcoin is the first currency and will always dominate the market, and most of the investment should be in bitcoin.

EASY FEEDBACK, WORKING SINCE 2015  (https://www.easyfeedbacktoken.io/en)
leftgirly

Activity: 132
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 19, 2019, 12:46:55 AM

Let's be frank, there is no way ethereum or any other coin is replacing bitcoin. Every coin comes with its own prospects and that has always been the case. Ethereum has always had some interesting prospects but it seems bitcoin would continue to dominate for long due to bitcoin' s relatively high popularity.
mhine07

Activity: 560
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 19, 2019, 12:52:03 AM

It will never happen , even many speculations that etherium will beat bitcoin and replaces it in the future it is not posible that bitcoin will be replace by any other cryptocurrencies. Etherium is like the queen of cryptocurrencies and so , a king (bitcoin) needs a queen , and that is all etherium stands.

Christinebeauty
Copper Member

Activity: 420
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 19, 2019, 12:58:56 AM

It is an undeniable fact that ETH has more use case than BTC but the popularity and mass adoption of BTC is still keeping it on top of all cryptocurrencies. ETH's price sometimes depends on the performance of BTC so it will be very difficult for it to replace BTC on the market

Dilladupak

Activity: 630
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 19, 2019, 01:36:55 AM

actually ethereum is also a promising coin, but for me if ethereum replaces bitcoin I think it will also be difficult, because bitcoin is also the most important and most powerful coin, so I think it will also be difficult to replace bitcoin.
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1363

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
September 19, 2019, 04:49:12 PM

The gap between the two (BTC and ETH) will always be wide. Bitcoin remains the pace setter and king, others are just alternatives, so let's not forget that in a hurry. I understand your points are valid, Ethereum has been good with developments although slow and steady. But I really do not think any altcoin can ever replace BTC someday.

Good point. There's still a large gap between both cryptocurrencies, especially in terms of market cap. Ethereum overcoming Bitcoin in the future, seems to be a wild prediction. But, anything could happen in the uncertain world of crypto. I've seen many times how XRP have climbed up towards becoming the second largest cryptocurrency by market cap overcoming Ethereum in an instant. But in the short term, ETH regains its rightful place on the market. I believe that the same thing might happen with Bitcoin in the future, as Ethereum grows towards new levels in price and demand because of its breakthrough upgrades for scalability. Of course, Bitcoin may bounce back towards it's rightful place on the market but no one knows what exactly will happen by then.

As of now, both Bitcoin and Ethereum have been doing great within the crypto space. They could complement each other, instead of replacing one another. If Bitcoin remains at its top position in market cap for a very long time, then it'll be nearly impossible for another altcoin to take its position on the market. With ever-growing development and innovation on both sides (BTC and ETH), they could become the leaders of the crypto industry as we know it. All in all, the much-awaited upgrade for the Ethereum blockchain will change things for the better (hopefully). Just my thoughts Grin

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Bitcoin+Fi

Activity: 378

Erotic Industry on the Blockchain! RachelX

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2019, 06:32:36 PM

Theoretically, ETH can of course replace Bitcoin, but in reality, so far, no alts have and will not be able to get close to Bitcoin

RachelX ✦ 
❝ THE REVOLUTION OF THE EROTIC INDUSTRY
WHITEPAPER ✤ ─────  FacebookTwitterInstagram ⋆  Telegram ⋆  YouTube ⋆  LinkedIn  ───── ✤ BUY RACH
SyndicateLabs

Activity: 882
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 19, 2019, 06:35:39 PM

Theoretically, ETH can of course replace Bitcoin, but in reality, so far, no alts have and will not be able to get close to Bitcoin
In theory and reality, ETH will never replace BTC. BTC is unique and no altcoin can ever achieve its value
Getadaaa

Activity: 448
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2019, 06:52:04 PM

I believe bitcoin is going to be around for life. 30years, a 100 and bitcoin would be solid as gold. Very costly and a good percentage bought, used and held by the government like Gold is used today. Ethereum and some other coins might be what we know bitcoin to be now, in circulation and mainstream.
It’s really good to have discussions like this. Smart communities and organizations are thinking what a world fully supporting cryptocurrency would mean for the top/most promising cryptocurrencies by marketcap and adoption.

BEST TIME AND PLACE TO EXIST
Bitbtc8

Activity: 1148
Merit: 116

View Profile
September 20, 2019, 07:26:27 PM

With what is happening around crypto space now i don't see how it will be possible for any coin to beat bitcoin, ETH is capable coin but not the extent of winning over bitcoin just like that, many prefer bitcoin over eth and that is not going to change anytime soon

►           ►     enVoy            Sustainably Green Trust in Trade          ◄           ◄
►           ██  WHITEPAPER       ██  TWO PAGER       ██  TOKEN DECK           ◄
[vFacebook               [vTwitter               [vTelegram               [vMedium               [vLinkedin               [vReddit
UniversityCoin

Activity: 714
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 20, 2019, 07:34:48 PM

Ethereum need to hold out and not to give up their positions in front of other altcoins. There is no sense to talk about the victory over bitcoin. Over the past six months, Ethereum has only fallen in price relative to Bitcoin. Even a strong breakthrough in Ethereum technology will not be able to give it a big advantage over Bitcoin.
beliomir

Activity: 539
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 20, 2019, 07:48:17 PM

It will never happen , even many speculations that etherium will beat bitcoin and replaces it in the future it is not posible that bitcoin will be replace by any other cryptocurrencies. Etherium is like the queen of cryptocurrencies and so , a king (bitcoin) needs a queen , and that is all etherium stands.

I agree with you, but you never need to talk. There is always an opportunity. If it happens that the ethereum overtakes bitcoin, it will be a "black swan"

Whitepaper     E M R X Token   :   LEARN MORE   
      E M I R E X         ─── إمركس ───          :         The Infrastructure for the
  [ telegram    facebook    TWITTER ]         New Digital Economy
Alohadanc3

Activity: 1050

Martian Swap - Anti Whale Measures New Yield Farmi

View Profile
September 20, 2019, 10:00:51 PM

I don't think so. its hard for any coin to catch bitcoin. I think comparing between bitcoin and ETH. They are fundamentally very different form each other. Btc n is the first block chain based
Crypto. The half of the marketcap of the market  is in btc. In other hand ether is a platform based token. And the gap between their marketcap is huge its almost impossible to catch that. So I thing their is no chance that ETH will beat bitcoin

acdc

Activity: 939
Merit: 256

View Profile
September 21, 2019, 01:11:28 AM

if that happens, then ETH price will be on par with BTC price or higher. But I firmly believe that it will never happen

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: