Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 03:12:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What if Ethereum replaces Bitcoin someday?  (Read 8177 times)
Itsmylife

Activity: 1002
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 05, 2019, 03:53:59 AM

I am glad with ethereum could replace of bitcoin some day later, many investor keep holding ethereum will be happy because seeing ethereum have higher price than bitcoin, but is not be true because price ethereum and bitcoin today so far and never could raised half or bitcoin price, although with eth situation today look down.
"Replace" here is not replace the price, the total supply coin of Ethereum is unlimited so to reaches the present price of Bitcoin now is impossible.
But with a large number of coins and low transaction fees, I think Eth will be used widely as cash in real life.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
joseyphil82

Activity: 742
Merit: 16

View Profile
October 05, 2019, 07:19:13 AM

It will be big bad news for crypto space entirely if eth replace bitcoin because crypto space will lose many investors, i belief many investors are into crypto because of bitcoin only even big well known organizations trust bitcoin only, so it will be bad for long time, bitcoin has the highest marketcap presently just imagine what will happen if that vanished

cahbagus555

Activity: 756
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 05, 2019, 07:53:47 AM

It will be big bad news for crypto space entirely if eth replace bitcoin because crypto space will lose many investors, i belief many investors are into crypto because of bitcoin only even big well known organizations trust bitcoin only, so it will be bad for long time, bitcoin has the highest marketcap presently just imagine what will happen if that vanished

Investors must think practically, that is, follow what looks profitable. It could be that ethereum replaces bitcoin because the market moves very dynamically even though it is difficult to happen. In the past people thought Yahoo was a big company that was hard to beat but what happened now Yahoo became a company that was sold
Impaler

Activity: 826

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 05, 2019, 08:21:35 AM

I don't think its possible. Its not about ETH.its not possible for any altcoin to replace bitcoin. We can see that almost more than 59% of all market cap is in bitcoin. People like it and trustbit the most. Even in a long future its hard to believe for me that ether or any altcoin will replace bitcoin.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
karanggatak

Activity: 1106
Merit: 506

View Profile
October 05, 2019, 08:58:03 AM

it will be big news for crypto member. and im sure if it price will significantly increased. i dont know if ethereum will race bitcoin or not but it possible, and many the other possibility.
ethereum including top of cryptocurrent, and it have many token that make cooperation with it. so, it can increase the presence of other ttoken.

███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀         ▀▀████
█████████▀              ▀██
█████████   ▐████████▌   ██
███▀▀             ███▌   ██
██▀               ███▌   ██
██   ▐███████████████▌   ██
██   ▐███               ▄██
██   ▐███            ▄▄████
██   ▐████████▌   █████████
██▄              ▄█████████
███▄▄         ▄▄███████████
███████████████████████████
.crosswise.
..........Next Gen Cross-Chain DEX..........
|   TELEGRAM   |    TWITTER    |    DISCORD    |     MEDIUM     |  INSTAGRAM  |
...SIGN IN...
Arsenyo

Activity: 728

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2019, 09:07:53 AM

Well, both bitcoin and ethereum have their advantages and disadvantages. Ethereum has better ecosystem and every improvement, it is capable of doing much more than Bitcoin. But Bitcoin is the first coin appeared on crypto market,it has the largest capitalization and it is laid the foundation for the whole crypto market. So, I think it won't happen in near future.
whtchocla7e

Activity: 392
Merit: 116

Worlds Simplest Cryptocurrency Wallet

View Profile
October 05, 2019, 09:26:01 AM

I think that when ETH value will reach the value of $ 10,000 and BTC will stay at the current price, Dominance ETH will increase to 60% and altcoins will completely lose value. However, Bitcoin is not likely to be replaced by very large BTC users, it cannot be overthrown.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▃▅▆█ L E A D █▆▅▃▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
World's Simplest and Safest Decentralized Cryptocurrency Wallet!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ • STORE • SEND • SPEND • SWAP • STAKE • ▬▬▬▬▬▬
xamxam

Activity: 409
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 05, 2019, 10:38:47 AM

Ethereum, being the world's second largest cryptocurrency by market cap, has all the potential of replacing Bitcoin in the future. It's more than just a cryptocurrency, being a platform for the development and execution of smart contracts (aka dApps). With ETH, it's possible to launch alternative cryptocurrencies without the need to start a Blockchain from scratch. It's also possible to use the ETH blockchain for other purposes such as voting, proof of identity, verification of documents, and more. In contrast, Bitcoin's only use is for finance where it cannot be implemented in other areas by its own.

Given all of the benefits Ethereum provides on top of Bitcoin, it makes me wonder whenever it'll be able to replace the pioneer cryptocurrency within the future? As long as, Ethereum keeps progressing in development and mainstream acceptance, it'll be much closer to Bitcoin every step of the way. What are your thoughts? Huh

I think sir, if real talk honestly speaking nothing can replace bitcoin position, not only for its price but of course to its features too.
Because of this I knew that this is the reason why people embraced it and the mass adoption was spread out rapidly all over the
world, that's why Bitcoin achieved the period of 10 years existence in this business. 
pinggoki

Activity: 1470
Merit: 400

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 05, 2019, 11:06:00 AM

Ethereum, being the world's second largest cryptocurrency by market cap, has all the potential of replacing Bitcoin in the future. It's more than just a cryptocurrency, being a platform for the development and execution of smart contracts (aka dApps). With ETH, it's possible to launch alternative cryptocurrencies without the need to start a Blockchain from scratch. It's also possible to use the ETH blockchain for other purposes such as voting, proof of identity, verification of documents, and more. In contrast, Bitcoin's only use is for finance where it cannot be implemented in other areas by its own.

Given all of the benefits Ethereum provides on top of Bitcoin, it makes me wonder whenever it'll be able to replace the pioneer cryptocurrency within the future? As long as, Ethereum keeps progressing in development and mainstream acceptance, it'll be much closer to Bitcoin every step of the way. What are your thoughts? Huh
What if ethereum replace someday? Ethereum is one of the best coin nowadays in which it follows the path of bitcoin when it comes to the price and volume, for example when you saw the price of the bitcoin pump up it follows the price of ethereum to pump up also. Ethereum can really replace bitcoin someday in the near future.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
nutriagrigia

Activity: 1270
Merit: 254

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
October 05, 2019, 11:56:40 AM

What if ethereum replace someday? Ethereum is one of the best coin nowadays in which it follows the path of bitcoin when it comes to the price and volume, for example when you saw the price of the bitcoin pump up it follows the price of ethereum to pump up also. Ethereum can really replace bitcoin someday in the near future.
this will never happen. Ethereum does not have the functions that Bitcoin has. After a while, bitcoin will be developed technologically then 80 percent of people who hold ETH will sell it

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
genset88

Activity: 349
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 05, 2019, 12:15:41 PM

I am glad with ethereum could replace of bitcoin some day later, many investor keep holding ethereum will be happy because seeing ethereum have higher price than bitcoin, but is not be true because price ethereum and bitcoin today so far and never could raised half or bitcoin price, although with eth situation today look down.
That is almost impossible when an altcoin can replace BTC. BTC has always maintained its position in the market, most of the market capitalization of BTC accounts over 70%. Altcoins are recovering slowly and that does not mean that it can replace BTC.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
bonyaserg

Activity: 1876
Merit: 5

View Profile
October 05, 2019, 12:38:38 PM

Personally, I think that if Ethereum replaces Bitcoin, it will be something very interesting and super-large-scale event. But this will not happen since Bitcoin Ethereum is now in its place and is developing promisingly for the benefit of society. And I think that soon the most important coins will surprise us with their new discoveries.
Rodeo02

Activity: 1302
Merit: 577

avatar and signature space for rent !!!

View Profile
October 05, 2019, 12:49:57 PM

Not only lose investors the trust of crypto currency might be lost.  This ETH has many scam project created using smartcontract how come investors will still trust it if they know there are many people has been victimised by the project created using ETH contract.
The Cryptologist

Activity: 546

View Profile
October 05, 2019, 12:56:11 PM

No as in never. Bitcoin is always the number one choice investment for the veteran and newbie investors and it's undoubtedly the digital gold. Ethereum was only relevant because these bunch of shitcoin are using its blockchain to create thousands of their own project. Ethereum will never be ever as great as bitcoin because honestly, ethereum  is just also like litecoin which is just a copycat of bitcoin.
donadoni212

Activity: 456

Borderless Mobile Finance Marketplace

View Profile
October 05, 2019, 02:18:32 PM

Personally, I think that if Ethereum replaces Bitcoin, it will be something very interesting and super-large-scale event. But this will not happen since Bitcoin Ethereum is now in its place and is developing promisingly for the benefit of society. And I think that soon the most important coins will surprise us with their new discoveries.
every time ETH has progressed in development, BTC will also increase progress in development. so I think ETH will remain under BTC. we can also see that there are still many people who invest in BTC so that BTC will remain strong and become number one.

Irvinn

Activity: 966
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 05, 2019, 02:31:28 PM

I think yes it is possible because as we all know there is no impossible in cryptocurrency. Always remember that bitcoin starts from nothing and no volume, always remember that so that means ethereum can increase also its price or it may really pump someday or maybe next month or years.
I believe that Ethereum has enormous potential, but its fraudulent ico companies have broken its fast pace of development.  If this had not happened in past years, then Ethereum could long ago become the leader of the cryptocurrency market.  More recently, in 2017, Ethereum and Bitcoin had almost the same capitalization volumes, which indicates the potential of Ethereum, which is almost equal to Bitcoin.  But today, you need to consider the problems of scalability with Bitcoin, which directly can be an obstacle to using Bitcoin as a means of payment, as well as to using Bitcoin as fast financial transfers.  Perhaps today it is this situation that discourages investors from bitcoin.  But we know that Ethereum has much better indicators in this regard and almost all the technical characteristics of Ethereum indicate its ability to become a leader in the cryptocurrency market.
wywoc

Activity: 335

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2019, 03:35:51 PM

BTC and ETH exist for two different purposes, so I think that will never happen. BTC is a place to store value and assets, while ETH is focused on real applications, and its dApps still developing. They will hold the top positions in the crypto market as they currently are.
Crypt0BHunter

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 05, 2019, 03:57:46 PM

I'm personally on bullish mood about etherium, of course the are some risks, but there are a lot of DeFi infrastructure on it building now

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Karto

Activity: 280

View Profile
October 05, 2019, 05:18:32 PM

there is no change Ehereum replaces Bitcoin
they are here for different reasons and use cases
leatutz

Activity: 523

View Profile
October 05, 2019, 05:18:53 PM

Your mentioned points is nothing in front of Bitcoin. Bitcoin is a top popular coin in our world as a digital currency. Now a days Ethereum is also use as a digital currency in worldwide, so if Ethereum replaces than Ethereum volume, demand and price will literally high.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: