Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:42:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What if Ethereum replaces Bitcoin someday?  (Read 8177 times)
MMA Rats

Activity: 509
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2019, 06:44:48 PM

there is no change Ehereum replaces Bitcoin
they are here for different reasons and use cases
I think it is possible in the future that ETH may replace Bitcoin, but so far there is no reason for ETH to replace Bitcoin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tazmantasik

Activity: 1112
Merit: 507

Don't Get Involved

View Profile
October 05, 2019, 06:55:23 PM

I can't imagine if Ethereum can really replace Bitcoin in the future. Really ethereum would be very scary if this kind of hope could happen.

And the fact that hope is so empty doesn't mean I'm not sure. It's just that it will be very difficult to do ethereum to replace bitcoin.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
ReiMomo

Activity: 2366
Merit: 305

Duelbits - $100k Bonus/week

View Profile
October 06, 2019, 12:19:07 PM

I can't imagine if Ethereum can really replace Bitcoin in the future. Really ethereum would be very scary if this kind of hope could happen.

And the fact that hope is so empty doesn't mean I'm not sure. It's just that it will be very difficult to do ethereum to replace bitcoin.
Well that's good to hear but I don't think bitcoin can be replaced with ethereum, For now, Ethereum is still too far away from bitcoin and it really takes times or it will never happen but both bitcoin and ethereum are great coin is just that bitcoin is first and have gone too far already. I have a strong doubt that ethereum will be the next step to bitcoin but when it comes replacing I don't think so. Remember the ethereum surge when it almost surpasses bitcoin price, at the end ethereum failed.

Duelbits
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DICE 
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
MINES 
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
PLINKO 
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
forexandcryptoauditor
Copper Member

Activity: 1162
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2019, 05:57:34 PM

I think Ethereum can replace Bitcoin by it's today's price but will not replace to real time value. Even though, eth is largest dApp provider, Bitcoin is still leader of entire cryptocurrencies market. Any good or bad news regarding Bitcoin can shake entire market including Ethereum.

agentx44

Activity: 756
Merit: 268

View Profile
October 06, 2019, 05:58:33 PM

Ethereum, being the world's second largest cryptocurrency by market cap, has all the potential of replacing Bitcoin in the future. It's more than just a cryptocurrency, being a platform for the development and execution of smart contracts (aka dApps). With ETH, it's possible to launch alternative cryptocurrencies without the need to start a Blockchain from scratch. It's also possible to use the ETH blockchain for other purposes such as voting, proof of identity, verification of documents, and more. In contrast, Bitcoin's only use is for finance where it cannot be implemented in other areas by its own.

Given all of the benefits Ethereum provides on top of Bitcoin, it makes me wonder whenever it'll be able to replace the pioneer cryptocurrency within the future? As long as, Ethereum keeps progressing in development and mainstream acceptance, it'll be much closer to Bitcoin every step of the way. What are your thoughts? Huh
We are all aware that ethereum is next from being the most successful crypto with bitcoin. Both has been very popular and I think they both give great benefits with each other. The possibility of having ethereum replace bitcoin on its top spot is so far from happening I think because bitcoin has been improving along with ethereum so the top spot would definitely stay with bitcoin unless something bad happen to bitcoin someday. Who knows? There are lots of surprises here in crypto.
gaston castano

Activity: 1526
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 07, 2019, 08:34:33 AM

that will never happen in my opinion, if you say it based on technology I think there are many technologies that are better / more sophisticated than ETH because ETH is the first smartcontract maker of course there has been development from the other whether in any aspect of it.
from marketcap I think it will be difficult because all prices of Altcoin are influenced by btc.
so ETH is not possible to replace BTC.
tazmantasik

Activity: 1112
Merit: 507

Don't Get Involved

View Profile
October 07, 2019, 09:06:06 AM

Well that's good to hear but I don't think bitcoin can be replaced with ethereum, For now, Ethereum is still too far away from bitcoin and it really takes times or it will never happen but both bitcoin and ethereum are great coin is just that bitcoin is first and have gone too far already. I have a strong doubt that ethereum will be the next step to bitcoin but when it comes replacing I don't think so. Remember the ethereum surge when it almost surpasses bitcoin price, at the end ethereum failed.

Actually as I said that this Substitution can happen and nothing is impossible. It's just, if you think logic. Then this is very difficult to happen or even mustahila happen. Not that pessimistic about ethereum, it's just that ethereum is now difficult to rise from its downturn.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
Innocant

Activity: 1414
Merit: 260

View Profile
October 07, 2019, 09:21:32 AM

Bitcoin and Ethereum are the two most popular coins in the cryptocurrency market and each of them has its own advantages and disadvantages. Nevertheless, it is difficult for me to imagine that any of the coins can replace bitcoin or reach the same price.

No doubt about that those two coins are one of the head in crypto, But bitcoin its always be a top one in crypto. And etherium ill think it cannot be replace bitcoin into a number two spot. And the price of bitcoin and etherium are not the same, Actually bitcoin its have high volume even if we look at the CMC it was a big difference between this two coins.
Darooghe

Activity: 1120
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 07, 2019, 09:26:18 AM

By assuming you meant Ether and not Ethereum we could say. Bitcoin is the first, and as such has first mover advantage over any other Cryptocurrency. It has a limited supply, is decentralised and as such has a deflationary value making it a great store of value alike to tangible assets such as gold. Being deflationary you could however argue Bitcoin isn't a great medium of exchange, as there are no incentives to trade instead of just HODL.

Ether is the gas of the Ethereum network, the biggest decentralised computing network in the world, and as such hold a huge importance, but at the same time it has an unlimited supply, is PoW and has a more centralised supply as it was partly premined and had an ICO. As such Ether isn't build to be a great store of value, but it is build to be an effective gas, issue at the moment is many people use it as a currency and speculate with it, which is increasing the price of gas and making the Ethereum network more inefficient.

I think Bitcoin’s replacement is Bitcoin and nothing can replace it in the end.
bitcoinposts

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 07, 2019, 09:38:52 AM

Eth is built for  smart contracts we have seen more than thousand projects are built on ERC20 platform whereas Bitcoin is for fast low fee transactions both cant compete each other
aysg76
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 2124

View Profile
October 07, 2019, 11:14:17 AM

Eth is built for  smart contracts we have seen more than thousand projects are built on ERC20 platform whereas Bitcoin is for fast low fee transactions both cant compete each other
Whether ETH is better than BTC in many ways but still it can't replace it anyhow. BTC would still be the top choice as it had gained too much popularity and as compared to ETH it has a huge market cap. For ETH to replace BTC, BTC needs to fail very badly or if people all together starts to dump this coin, but I don't think that's going to happen anywhere in the future...

███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
tungaqhd

Activity: 1540
Merit: 508

View Profile
October 07, 2019, 12:32:27 PM

Whether ETH is better than BTC in many ways but still it can't replace it anyhow. BTC would still be the top choice as it had gained too much popularity and as compared to ETH it has a huge market cap. For ETH to replace BTC, BTC needs to fail very badly or if people all together starts to dump this coin, but I don't think that's going to happen anywhere in the future...
I even believe that even when bitcoin is a major failure, eth is irreplaceable when it does not create enough trust for everyone and at the time, everyone's suspicion of crypto was high because the leader who seems to be the champion has failed, can they trust the latecomer like eth or not? However, this case is unlikely to happen when bitcoin is an important part of this network, it collapses, eth will also be uncomfortable to be able to go up, and mostly investors will support bitcoin, eth will be hard to overcome the community
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
October 08, 2019, 05:17:49 PM

Well, both bitcoin and ethereum have their advantages and disadvantages. Ethereum has better ecosystem and every improvement, it is capable of doing much more than Bitcoin. But Bitcoin is the first coin appeared on crypto market,it has the largest capitalization and it is laid the foundation for the whole crypto market. So, I think it won't happen in near future.

That's certainly true, mate. Ethereum may have far more advanced features than Bitcoin itself. But the latter has been the very first cryptocurrency in existence. Without Bitcoin, altcoins wouldn't been born. One key difference between both Bitcoin and Ethereum, is the supply model. The pioneer cryptocurrency has a deflationary model where no more than 21 million coins will ever be mined. In contrast, Ethereum has an unspecified maximum supply that could lead it towards constant inflation over time. Because of this, I believe that Ethereum might never be able overcome Bitcoin in the future. Bitcoin's market cap is way bigger than that of Ethereum and other altcoins on market. Ethereum would need to gain a massive boost in price, while Bitcoin remains in decline for it to be able to topple the largest cryptocurrency in the world.

But this is very unlikely to happen, whereas Ethereum will do better as a complement of Bitcoin for years to come. It'll be interesting to see how everything unfolds in the future as both cryptocurrencies improve towards unparalleled scalability. By then, Bitcoin would become big enough as a financial system for people looking for censorship-resistant transactions, while Ethereum would become the go-to platform for decentralized applications. Whereas Bitcoin cannot fulfill certain tasks, Ethereum will (and vice versa). It's good to know that the Ethereum development team and community have been dedicating themselves into the project to make it as strong as Bitcoin in the future. While most altcoins will die in the end, Ethereum will remain as a viable alternative to the Bitcoin blockchain for many generations.

Nonetheless, with many scalability upgrades coming into both Bitcoin and Ethereum, they'll surely dominate the whole Blockchain industry as we know it. Ethereum has a long way to go before it's widely adopted among businesses, corporations, and even governments worldwide. Still, it'll be one of the few cryptocurrencies that will stay active within the mainstream world no matter what. Just my opinion Smiley

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Katashi

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 08, 2019, 08:44:21 PM

I do not think Ethereum could surpass Bitcoin even though Ethereum have a lot of uses and made some development on their own blockchain because almost all of the early adopters of crypto have strong belief in Bitcoin as it was fully decentralized so whatever Ethereum gain will just add to Bitcoin's popularity.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit InvestBox| 
BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY
🏆
Lmaooo

Activity: 694
Merit: 108

santacoin.io

View Profile
October 08, 2019, 09:47:24 PM

You know what? you are forgetting something which is TRUST! People trust bitcoin more than any other cryptocurrency in the world because bitcoin is the first truly decentralized currency yet the most popular crypto in the world while ETHEREUM is centralized unlike bitcoin and second in popularity compared to bitcoin as well. Even if that would happen it is going to take more than 20 years minimum.   

Nany79

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 08, 2019, 09:53:37 PM

I do not think ETH can replace BTC, BTC more popular, and trusted than ETH from point of view a lot of people.
dannybrown
Legendary
artcontest

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1030

View Profile
October 09, 2019, 09:08:19 AM

Not possible. Bitcoin will remain as the biggest cryptocurrency. I am not saying it is the best in terms of features or tech but no coin can replace Bitcoin in the cryptocurrency market. Ethereum is a close follower however you can see what happens to Ethereum when BTC increases a little. The domince will decline a little but it will not go below %50.
huu78

Activity: 1204
Merit: 253

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
October 15, 2019, 07:39:42 AM

I think not, if talking about technology maybe Ethereum has a very good platform.
There are many projects that participate in using the Ethereum smart-contract and have a large community.
Can Ethereum replace Bitcoin? I think no, bitcoin is still the king cryptocurrency.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
efxtrader

Activity: 924
Merit: 100

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
October 15, 2019, 08:32:41 AM

I think not, if talking about technology maybe Ethereum has a very good platform.
There are many projects that participate in using the Ethereum smart-contract and have a large community.
Can Ethereum replace Bitcoin? I think no, bitcoin is still the king cryptocurrency.

Agree, compared to bitcoin, maybe ethereum is better for some people because it has a smart contract that allows people or companies to make utility tokens or security tokens. But investors invest in bitcoin because of trust and not everyone believes ethereum is able to compete with bitcoin in terms of price and market value

coinbeach1@gmail.com

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2019, 10:07:17 AM

I think HPB is going to replace it.  It has one of the highest TPS and hardware nodes.

https://www.ellipal.com/pages/ellipal-titan?ref=5da5917ba4f13
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: