Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 03:47:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What if Ethereum replaces Bitcoin someday?  (Read 8177 times)
ATSgrowth

Activity: 924
Merit: 106

homt.net

View Profile
January 06, 2020, 06:22:12 PM

Would you buy rather Ethereum than Bitcoin? Would you rather invest into a coin with many CEOs that hold a lot of coins? Would you rather invest into a coin with big inflation and unlimited supply? Would you rather invest into a coin that already removed approved transaction.

► HOMT ◄ ♦ World’s First Crypto Based Students Rental Platform ♦ ► HOMT ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Facebook|LinkedIn

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Aikidoka

Activity: 1078
Merit: 342

Sinbad Mixer: Mix Your BTC Quickly

View Profile
January 06, 2020, 06:33:12 PM

Ethereum is really so strong and probably can replace Bitcoin someday, but that's not gonna happen easily as we know that Bitcoin is really so strong and it's the first crypto thought.
ethergod

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2020, 07:58:04 PM

I am a huge fan of Ethereum (you can tell by my handle!) and think its transition to proof of stake will revolutionize finance, but I wouldn't go as far as to say it will replace bitcoin. Bitcoin has the first-mover advantage and as difficult as it may be for most altcoin bagholders to admit, they need bitcoin to succeed because the whole crypto space depends on bitcoin. If bitcoin fails, this will set the industry back maybe five or 10 years, as Ivan on Tech says. I personally believe in diversification, so I like Ethereum, bitcoin, stocks, gold, and other forms of investments.

Do I think there is a remote possibility Ethereum can overtake bitcoin? Of course! But this would require mainstream adoption. It would require major institutions to suddenly back Ethereum, and for Ethereum to be promoted everywhere by all of the major banks. I think Ethereum will be big, but I think bitcoin will always be bigger. I could be wrong tho!
jhontwis

Activity: 756
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 06, 2020, 10:39:25 PM

Do you remember 2017? Bitcoin dominance and Ethereum dominance had almost reached the same level. Ethereum dominance was about to go one step ahead. But bitcoin made an overwhelming move. He sent all the altcoin prices down. I think bitcoin will remain the leader for a long time.
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
January 10, 2020, 01:57:54 AM

Okay, there are advantages and disadvantages for both bitcoin and ethereum. Ethereum has a stronger infrastructure and is able to do much more than Bitcoin for every change. Yet Bitcoin is the first coin on the crypto market that emerged, it has the highest capitalization and the cornerstone for the entire crypto industry is laid. And, in the near future, I don't think it will happen. Maybe that's a good thing because bitcoin is what brings real profit.

Exactly. Both blockchain networks (ETH and BTC) have their respective advantages and disadvantages from one another. While Bitcoin is extremely useful for decentralized finance, Ethereum is not as reliable as Bitcoin is. The world's second-largest cryptocurrency by market cap has other uses for the mainstream world far beyond that of finance. It was designed to have an inflationary supply and faster transaction confirmation times for the benefit of smart contracts. But Ethereum has far lesser security than Bitcoin itself. People can simply use among various blockchain networks available depending on their own needs. For some people, Ethereum is better than Bitcoin because of quicker transaction speeds and lower fees than Bitcoin itself. For others, Bitcoin is better than Ethereum because of its censorship-resistant and decentralized nature.

Considering how big Bitcoin has become since its inception, it looks very unlikely Ethereum will be able to take its place in the future. Still though, crypto behaves in strange and bizarre ways. For once, Ethereum was very close to overcoming Bitcoin in terms of market cap. But the bear market and the fall of ICOs have greatly undermined Ethereum's price across the market. As of now, Ethereum stands far away from Bitcoin in terms of market cap. But in terms of technicalities, it's still in the lead. All in all, both cryptocurrencies are complements to each other instead of an actual replacement. Just my thoughts Grin

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Rodeo02

Activity: 1302
Merit: 577

avatar and signature space for rent !!!

View Profile
January 10, 2020, 02:41:27 AM

Okay, there are advantages and disadvantages for both bitcoin and ethereum. Ethereum has a stronger infrastructure and is able to do much more than Bitcoin for every change. Yet Bitcoin is the first coin on the crypto market that emerged, it has the highest capitalization and the cornerstone for the entire crypto industry is laid. And, in the near future, I don't think it will happen. Maybe that's a good thing because bitcoin is what brings real profit.
all do there are many use of ethereum but the trust of investors right now is loosing  and besides there are many platform now created the same as ETH . So tin reality theres no way for ethereum to replace BTC even in the bull market the price of ETH is too far campare to BTC.
qomariah95

Activity: 1190
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 10, 2020, 08:40:54 AM

Do you remember 2017? Bitcoin dominance and Ethereum dominance had almost reached the same level. Ethereum dominance was about to go one step ahead. But bitcoin made an overwhelming move. He sent all the altcoin prices down. I think bitcoin will remain the leader for a long time.

I also think so, that Bitcoin will continue to dominate the market. I believe both of them are the best and for both the blockchain certainly has their respective advantages. But it is also possible for ethereum to replace Bitcoin, because in this crypto space anything can happen.

miklesm

Activity: 1078
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 10, 2020, 09:18:18 AM

It might happen one day, but I do not think it will happen in the nearest years. Ethereum has a better technology and more features if to compare with Bitcoin, but BTC is used as a store of value while ETH price is quite unstable, so many investors choose Bitcoin.
Magkirap

Activity: 896
Merit: 267

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 10, 2020, 09:27:25 AM

It might happen one day, but I do not think it will happen in the nearest years. Ethereum has a better technology and more features if to compare with Bitcoin, but BTC is used as a store of value while ETH price is quite unstable, so many investors choose Bitcoin.
Indeed it doesn't matter now if ethereum has an edge against bitcoin in terms of capabilities but the fact that bitcoin has establish its name and proven itself to people for years ethereum has still a long way to go in order to beat, dethrone or replace bitcoin but honestly i don't thinm ethereum will, it can go near bitcoin but it won't give us what bitcoin can so still bitcoin will prevail and investors will still see bitcoin shines more than any cryptocurrency out there.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Kunnu

Activity: 1204
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 10, 2020, 09:33:01 AM

There is no doubt that the competition between these two cryptocurrency is going to be very though in upcoming years and the growth and improvements which we can see in Ethereum network is a plus point of Ethereum and it's my estimate the upcoming four of five years will decide that these two are going change the place from each other.
znation

Activity: 188
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 10, 2020, 09:51:20 AM

In the future, it is possible in addition to ETH, if other altcoins are developed, it can replace Bitcoin, ETH is a very potential altcoin and has the opportunity to develop in the future and have many practical applications. Bitcoin cannot be replaced when capitalization is pouring into Bitcoin.
julius caesar

Activity: 644
Merit: 127

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 10, 2020, 10:02:58 AM

If and only if the bitcoin has been replaced by ethereum, many of investors will not gonna trust ethereum so easily because they are loyal supporters of the bitcoin. But we all know that this is impossible since all of the investors really trust and supports it that is why it is impossible to be replaced. The support and the trust of the investors is the main reason why bitcoin is still on the top.

affandi

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 10, 2020, 12:28:42 PM

I am a person who believes in the advancement of Ethereum technology and I also hold Ethereum, what you said above is true and I agree with that. But if talking about Ethereum will replace bitcoin someday, I'm still in doubt. bitcoin is the predecessor of cryptocurrency and has a broad community, maybe ethereum was also created because it was inspired by bitcoin.
Rcoinmoon

Activity: 114
Merit: 1

The Decentralized TCP/IP Internet Protocol

View Profile
January 10, 2020, 04:32:44 PM

Well the future of crypto currency is so unpredictable, anything can happen and any coin can replace bitcoin but not just any coin though, there are standard such Coin got to meet and I don't see Ethereum leveling up that standard.

Tachyon Protocol      >      The New Internet in Your Hands
►  IPX is Officially Listed on Bithumb & Bithumb Global  ◄
Xcode7

Activity: 1106
Merit: 412

View Profile
January 10, 2020, 05:28:19 PM

Well the future of crypto currency is so unpredictable, anything can happen and any coin can replace bitcoin but not just any coin though, there are standard such Coin got to meet and I don't see Ethereum leveling up that standard.
It is true that everything is unpredictable, but let us draw back where bitcoin has always been the core, like the sun in the solar system, I don't look at ETH as weak, but indeed all this time ETH is enough to accompany bitcoin, I'm not hypocritical, if it's ETH so at the top, I can't argue as long as it's good for our common good.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
kodtycoon
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 10, 2020, 05:36:52 PM

there will definitely be changes in the future, because as we know every new product has at least a better idea and the old product in this case is bitcoin at least there will definitely be a time to be replaced. so i guess it doesn't matter because as long as they can continue to make it better or continue to develop i don't think it's a problem, but to be able to replace bitcoin won't happen quickly and i'm just sure it will take a long time

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
reallester

Activity: 646
Merit: 102

http://Moonbet.io

View Profile
January 10, 2020, 06:25:43 PM

I have never seen any cryptocurrency replacing the pioneer  cryptocurrency being bitcoin. Even if the process of ethereum  has been progressing for sometime now, it's almost impossible, infact it is impossible for ethereum to dominate or replace bitcoin.

Crypto5060

Activity: 441
Merit: 2

Theagriverse.io

View Profile
January 10, 2020, 07:04:59 PM

Ethereum's biggest Chan to overtake bitcoin was during the ICO boom but it didn't happen and since then it has been a rollercoaster for the blockchain. I sincerely doubt we will see another influx of ICOs in the market again, we already have thousands without any breakthrough.

───────     AgriVerse     ► ► ►     Plant to Earn
█ █ █ █ █            WELCOME TO AGRIVERSE            █ █ █ █ █
●  TELEGRAM  ●  YOUTUBE  ●  TWITTER
Bullbearsaur

Activity: 127
Merit: 18

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2020, 07:36:55 PM

Adoption is pretty low overall and ETH has a chance to release something that draws in users. If any crypto releases something that becomes insanely popular it could flip a lot of this small market.

I definitely find myself using the ETH ecosystem a lot more than I ever use bitcoin. With all of the store of value talk it doesn't seem like many users think BTC will have a robust platform/userbase and instead be more of a savings/investment coin.
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
January 17, 2020, 02:43:11 AM

I have never seen any cryptocurrency replacing the pioneer  cryptocurrency being bitcoin. Even if the process of ethereum  has been progressing for sometime now, it's almost impossible, infact it is impossible for ethereum to dominate or replace bitcoin.

That's certainly true, mate. While no other altcoin has been capable of replacing Bitcoin, we cannot deny the fact that Ethereum has been the closest one to the pioneer cryptocurrency in every way. For once, both cryptocurrencies (ETH and BTC) had a small gap in market capitalization leading many to believe a "flippening" was going to happen. While the bear market of 2018 greatly diminished ETH's chances of replacing Bitcoin across the market, anything could happen in the future. After all, Ethereum's superior than Bitcoin in its technical aspects. If you compare transaction activity among both blockchain networks, you'll notice that Ethereum has greater activity than Bitcoin itself (according to Flippening Watch).

For now, Bitcoin has kept the lead as the world's largest cryptocurrency by market cap. But a constant decrease in its price, could reduce the gap in market cap allowing Ethereum to become closer in taking Bitcoin's place as the largest cryptocurrency worldwide. With new scalability improvements on the way for both cryptocurrencies (BTC and ETH), things will become interesting in the adoption of Blockchain technology worldwide. Let's hope these blockchains would work together in order to make the industry a better place. Even if Ethereum never manages to replace Bitcoin, it can serve as a complement to the main BTC blockchain by providing other "De-Fi" (Decentralized Finance) services to people worldwide. Just my opinion Smiley

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: